2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    uglybabo said:
    Zod said:
    On the flip side I got an email today that Aerosmith cancelled their Euro tour for the summer.

Seems pretty inconsistent across the board, with some bands striking while the iron is hot (quickly launching a short tour during a lull in covid19), some bands toughing it out and playing regardless, and some bands will being uber cautious.

We don't seem to be getting many big act shows up here in Canada, probably due to our on again / off again capacity limits. I suppose the US (at least a fair chunk of the states) has made it a bit easier with lack of mandates if you do want to tour.

In regards to PJ I feel the same way I did a year or two ago.  They probably don't want to announce it at the height of the 5th wave, probably waiting to see what happens next, then launch/announce.   I would imagine if nothing goes wrong with the EV tour, that would help build confidence too.
    Dave Matthews is playing Toronto, and Halsey just announced a summer tour playing Toronto too. (Both outdoors though, in fact Halsey dates specifically say all shows outdoors)

Lionel Richie just cancelled outdoor shows this summer in Europe but he’s playing an indoor Vegas residency, so I think the lack of mandates in the US is certainly helping plan tours. 
    I think the problem with Canada is we keep changing things.   I guess DMB was willing to take the risk, but basically every time we get a wave, capacity gets restricted, and everytime it wanes, it gets removed.. so you run the risk of having to cancel/postpone if another wave happens?

I think its why a fair number of artists are skipping Canada on covid tours.   Probably that and the testing requirements to get into the country.
    Spot on I think. Hopefully by spring it will be more clearer the direction we are going in with international travel rules and venue rules going forward. Not just for the summer but hopefully permanently accepting to live with the virus and back to normalcy. 
    I found it 'risky' that the RATM tour now starts in Canada (In July, but still...)
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,744
    JimmyV said:
    I don't look at DMB's tour dates and think that's what PJ should do, I Iook at them and wish that's what PJ would do. Just one summer before it's all over.
    A lot of DMB fans will tell you without Roi and Boyd, the band is a shell of its former self. It’s also known that the band usually only brings its A game for certain weekend shows (Gorge, Northeast venues, Deer Creek, etc). Also, it’s rare to hear anyone go on about how much they like their new material. I think Pearl Jam knows the number of shows they can play and still go all out for every show. I’ll take fewer shows with that over more shows that are half-assed. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    edited February 2022
    I've seen DMB every year since about 1994 (with the exception of a few off-years) and I've pleasantly enjoyed myself each and every time.  Of course, I'm a huge fan of theirs.  Yes, it's not quite the same band without Leroi Moore and Boyd Tinsley (or even Butch on keys for that matter), but they've added Tim Reynolds, Jeff Coffin, Buddy Guy and Rashawn Ross and somehow the energy and quality of shows are, for me, as entertaining as ever.  The sound is not exactly the same, but it's an incredible live experience that I thoroughly enjoy every show and, of course the tailgating with friends before (and sometimes after) is the cherry on top.  If you are even a casual DMB show and have never been, just go once, because like everything, they won't be around forever (well, except the Stones and even they're not quite the same).
  • Options
    I've seen DMB every year since about 1994 (with the exception of a few off-years) and I've pleasantly enjoyed myself each and every time.  Of course, I'm a huge fan of theirs.  Yes, it's not quite the same band without Leroi Moore and Boyd Tinsley (or even Butch on keys for that matter), but they've added Tim Reynolds, Jeff Coffin, Buddy Guy and Rashawn Ross and somehow the energy and quality of shows are, for me, as entertaining as ever.  The sound is not exactly the same, but it's an incredible live experience that I thoroughly enjoy every show and, of course the tailgating with friends before (and sometimes after) is the cherry on top.  If you are even a casual DMB show and have never been, just go once, because like everything, they won't be around forever (well, except the Stones and even they're not quite the same).
    I’m a fan and I agree. I still love seeing them live. I was just passing along my impression of what a large segment of their fan base thinks. DMB and Pearl Jam are totally different entities, so I’m not sure DMB envy translates to a reality many of us would like. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    JimmyV said:
    I don't look at DMB's tour dates and think that's what PJ should do, I Iook at them and wish that's what PJ would do. Just one summer before it's all over.
    A lot of DMB fans will tell you without Roi and Boyd, the band is a shell of its former self. It’s also known that the band usually only brings its A game for certain weekend shows (Gorge, Northeast venues, Deer Creek, etc). Also, it’s rare to hear anyone go on about how much they like their new material. I think Pearl Jam knows the number of shows they can play and still go all out for every show. I’ll take fewer shows with that over more shows that are half-assed. 
    I’ve seen a lot of DMB shows in the last 5-7 years and none have been even close to half-assed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    At what point does "earlier next year" not become early anymore? 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    Agreed.  I haven't seen them every year since '94, but I've seen them in both early and recent years and I enjoy it just as much today.  Good for them to want to tour as much as they do and I'll continue going as long as they play shows.

• Options
    MikeRed22 said:
    I’d say around 3:00 this afternoon.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    MikeRed22 said:
    June 30th :)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    MikeRed22 said:
    personally I would say either the end of Q1 or the  2021 RRSP tax deadline 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    I'd actually say March would still be considered early in the year. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    MikeRed22 said:

End of March which would be 2+ years in between postponement and reschedule. Inexcusable to hold the announcement that long. Particularly if Baltimore is already canceled.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    PJNB said:
    here's an easier layout of DMB dates if you are playing along and coordinating with any rumored PJ dates for 2022:

https://tour.davematthewsband.com

What a fucking run of shows that is. Congrats DMB fans! FUCKING JEALOUS! 

I love that they play 2 shows in New *ing Hampshire. We went to the show there last year, and it was a great outdoor venue. I wish PJ would consider playing there.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:
    here's an easier layout of DMB dates if you are playing along and coordinating with any rumored PJ dates for 2022:

https://tour.davematthewsband.com

What a fucking run of shows that is. Congrats DMB fans! FUCKING JEALOUS! 

I love that they play 2 shows in New *ing Hampshire. We went to the show there last year, and it was a great outdoor venue. I wish PJ would consider playing there.
    That's jam band territory my friend, haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I’ve seen a lot of DMB shows in the last 5-7 years and none have been even close to half-assed. 
    Hey, I’m just passing along what I hear! 
  • Options
    MikeRed22 said:
    April 2nd
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    MikeRed22 said:
    April 2nd
    Close. It’s actually April 4, as soon as the buzzer sounds on the NCAA men’s basketball final. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    MikeRed22 said:
    April 2nd
    Close. It’s actually April 4, as soon as the buzzer sounds on the NCAA men’s basketball final. 
    I like the way you think. 
  • Options
    MikeRed22 said:
    Next year
  • Options
    My source is saying an announcement on February 31st.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2022
    on2legs said:
    It's sad that I actually looked at the calander to see what day that fell on. As I started to scroll, I quickly realized I was a moron, well done! 

Edit: I think I learned about months in 1st grade. Can't remember everything haha
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,806
    Its right after the eleventeenth of the month.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    It's sad that I actually looked at the calander to see what day that fell on. As I started to scroll, I quickly realized I was a moron, well done! 

Edit: I think I learned about months in 1st grade. Can't remember everything haha

LOL... sorry!!

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2022
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

LOL... sorry!!
    No, it was great. I've been in meetings all day, I needed a laugh and I got one!
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    MikeRed22 said:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/early

But seriously, just release the dates. This is silly. 
  • Options
    Incase anyone is looking. I have a pair of 10 club tickets for 2/10 Chicago show. Middle Balcony seats row L.  Face value of course. Let me know.  I can transfer tickets asap.  Venmo, PayPal,  zelle.

Thanks
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

LOL... sorry!!
    No, it was great. I've been in meetings all day, I needed a laugh and I got one!

I was inspired by King of Queens on that one.  Cheers!

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    Hey if my buddy doesn’t take them I ll have a ten club pair for Newark.  Face of course.  Row d tier 1 smack dab in the middle.  I ll let you know.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    MikeRed22 said:
    Tuesday
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    Member since 93 just disappointed in the communication from 10C, not sure where my Baltimore tickets are or if I’ll get a choice of attending another show! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....