Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited February 2022
    PJNB said:
    here's an easier layout of DMB dates if you are playing along and coordinating with any rumored PJ dates for 2022:

https://tour.davematthewsband.com

What a fucking run of shows that is. Congrats DMB fans! FUCKING JEALOUS! 
    Damn that s like ten years of pj tours right there.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    I’m just amazed The Rolling Stones can do a whole tour but all we get from Pearl Jam is a “ehhh maybe in may, but how serious are we? Wait until April to find out” 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    here's an easier layout of DMB dates if you are playing along and coordinating with any rumored PJ dates for 2022:

Sometimes you hear that bands "love to play live more than anything"...talk is cheap.  I think it's fair to say DMB actually loves to play live.  I wonder what their ages are and if they have families?  Looking at this amount of shows, they must be in their 20s and have no kids.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited February 2022
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Sometimes you hear that bands "love to play live more than anything"...talk is cheap.  I think it's fair to say DMB actually loves to play live.  I wonder what their ages are and if they have families?  Looking at this amount of shows, they must be in their 20s and have no kids.
    Pretty sure Dave is 21 and single but rumored to be dating. Nothing too serious. Not sure about the rest of the band.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    PJNB said:
    Should be an announcement within the next 27 days! (if it's after the refund deadline that's just lunacy)
    Where is the refund deadline coming from again? Was it the TM customer service call that someone posted here or something more official than that?
    I posted some weeks ago about the dealine, the TM fan support sent me an email on 11/18/21 mentioning that the refund window closes on 3/3/2022. 

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,000
    The DMB tour announcement makes me jealous every single year.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,329
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Still less then a baseball season and baseball players pull it off.  The wives and kids aren't concerned as long as income is being generated. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,064
    RR258111 said:
    PJNB said:
    Should be an announcement within the next 27 days! (if it's after the refund deadline that's just lunacy)
    Where is the refund deadline coming from again? Was it the TM customer service call that someone posted here or something more official than that?
    I posted some weeks ago about the dealine, the TM fan support sent me an email on 11/18/21 mentioning that the refund window closes on 3/3/2022. 
    Thanks I remember reading that now. One thing though as likely everyone here is aware. TM CS don't have a clue about anything on a good day. Still a date to go off of. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    I just took refunds for Glorious Sons in June and Rage (postponed again). Screw it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The entire Tampa stanza of Tom Brady's career, from signing to retirement, took place in between Pearl Jam's postponement and rescheduling of the 2020 tour.

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,676
    They are completely forgiven if they announce the entire year of shows in “early 2022”

otherwise, this has taken entirely too long 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 494
    Still less then a baseball season and baseball players pull it off.  The wives and kids aren't concerned as long as income is being generated. 
    Baseball players also retire in their late 30s-40s

I don't know why people keep comparing them to other bands, seems like people just get upset or want even more when they do.  At this stage in their career I would guess what other bands do should mean nothing to them and it shouldn't.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,657
    apirk72 said:

I don't know why people keep comparing them to other bands, seems like people just get upset or want even more when they do.  At this stage in their career I would guess what other bands do should mean nothing to them and it shouldn't.
    The thing with Pearl Jam some newer fans forget is that PJ pretty much stopped touring regularly after 2006.  They didn't slow down over the last 5 years, they slowed down 15 years ago.  Their call, but they clearly don't enjoy touring or enjoy their families a whole lot more which is a good thing.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    The entire Tampa stanza of Tom Brady's career, from signing to retirement, took place in between Pearl Jam's postponement and rescheduling of the 2020 tour.
    Perfect comment.  His unretirement may happen first as well.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    apirk72 said:

The thing with Pearl Jam some newer fans forget is that PJ pretty much stopped touring regularly after 2006.  They didn't slow down over the last 5 years, they slowed down 15 years ago.  Their call, but they clearly don't enjoy touring or enjoy their families a whole lot more which is a good thing.
    All true. They get to do what they want. We get to invest a ridiculous amount of money and time into them and bitch about it. Its all voluntary for sure
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    apirk72 said:

People are just comparing the drastic differences in touring between some bands.  Of course Pearl Jam can and should do what they want to do.  And they have for years and clearly will continue to.  But when you have other bands like Dave Matthews or Foo Fighters, to give two examples, that are very similar in age and have been around a similar amount of time, the comparisons are fair.  Two of the three bands mentioned tour A LOT (especially DMB) and enjoy touring.  One of them doesn't.  That's cool.  We like Pearl Jam and wish they were like the other two from a touring perspective, but they're not, so we take what we can get.  I don't think comparing is out of bounds though.

• Options
    I don't look at DMB's tour dates and think that's what PJ should do, I Iook at them and wish that's what PJ would do. Just one summer before it's all over.

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    It's definitely time to issue an update. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    JimmyV said:
    I don't look at DMB's tour dates and think that's what PJ should do, I Iook at them and wish that's what PJ would do. Just one summer before it's all over.
    Exactly.

• Options
    RR258111 said:
    PJNB said:
    That date is 30 days from today.  If correct, under the typical TM policy of 30 days to refund once a reschedule is announced, today would have to be the day.  Not holding my breath… 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,496
    JimmyV said:
    Perfect comment.  His unretirement may happen first as well.  
    Brady & Gronk to LA Rams 2023 confirmed. More retirements than Lio Rush & Terry Funk combined!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,580
    Noload said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    DMB played their postponed tour and announced their next one.
    Haaaaaahaaaaaaaaa. Are there any other bands that hasn’t either played or announced new dates that were postponed from 2020? It’s absolutely ridiculous at this point. Almost comical. 
    Obviously DMB doesn't care about the safety of their fans like our band does!!!  :)  The beauty of safety is that it's a concept that's subjective, so it's got a lot of range.  I've been able to NOT attend many family functions in the last 2 years that I had not interest in attending.  I declined in the name of safety!
    I see what you're saying, but Eddie going on tour somewhat negates the argument that they're holding out for safety concerns.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,401
    Gibson said:
    Noload said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    DMB played their postponed tour and announced their next one.
    Haaaaaahaaaaaaaaa. Are there any other bands that hasn’t either played or announced new dates that were postponed from 2020? It’s absolutely ridiculous at this point. Almost comical. 
    Obviously DMB doesn't care about the safety of their fans like our band does!!!  :)  The beauty of safety is that it's a concept that's subjective, so it's got a lot of range.  I've been able to NOT attend many family functions in the last 2 years that I had not interest in attending.  I declined in the name of safety!
    I see what you're saying, but Eddie going on tour somewhat negates the argument that they're holding out for safety concerns.

No, it negates that Eddie is holding out for safety concerns.  There's 5 (sort of 6) members of the band.  Eddie may not be the dissenting opinion.
  • Options
    On the flip side I got an email today that Aerosmith cancelled their Euro tour for the summer.

Seems pretty inconsistent across the board, with some bands striking while the iron is hot (quickly launching a short tour during a lull in covid19), some bands toughing it out and playing regardless, and some bands will being uber cautious.

We don't seem to be getting many big act shows up here in Canada, probably due to our on again / off again capacity limits. I suppose the US (at least a fair chunk of the states) has made it a bit easier with lack of mandates if you do want to tour.

In regards to PJ I feel the same way I did a year or two ago.  They probably don't want to announce it at the height of the 5th wave, probably waiting to see what happens next, then launch/announce.   I would imagine if nothing goes wrong with the EV tour, that would help build confidence too.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,803
    Well, pretty sure we've blamed almost everything to date. Seeing EV's tour is going on I think it's safe to say we know what's stopping the PJ NA tour dates... 

:heart:
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Zod said:
    On the flip side I got an email today that Aerosmith cancelled their Euro tour for the summer.

Seems pretty inconsistent across the board, with some bands striking while the iron is hot (quickly launching a short tour during a lull in covid19), some bands toughing it out and playing regardless, and some bands will being uber cautious.

We don't seem to be getting many big act shows up here in Canada, probably due to our on again / off again capacity limits. I suppose the US (at least a fair chunk of the states) has made it a bit easier with lack of mandates if you do want to tour.

In regards to PJ I feel the same way I did a year or two ago.  They probably don't want to announce it at the height of the 5th wave, probably waiting to see what happens next, then launch/announce.   I would imagine if nothing goes wrong with the EV tour, that would help build confidence too.
    Dave Matthews is playing Toronto, and Halsey just announced a summer tour playing Toronto too. (Both outdoors though, in fact Halsey dates specifically say all shows outdoors)

Lionel Richie just cancelled outdoor shows this summer in Europe but he’s playing an indoor Vegas residency, so I think the lack of mandates in the US is certainly helping plan tours. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    edited February 2022
    here is a quick list I googled of bands touring in 2022. https://concertful.com/tour-dates/2022

no reason to care about the couple who postponed when dozens and dozens are playing in 2022

sorry, not dozens, hundreds and hundreds of shows!
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    Zod said:

Dave Matthews is playing Toronto, and Halsey just announced a summer tour playing Toronto too. (Both outdoors though, in fact Halsey dates specifically say all shows outdoors)

Lionel Richie just cancelled outdoor shows this summer in Europe but he’s playing an indoor Vegas residency, so I think the lack of mandates in the US is certainly helping plan tours. 
    I think the problem with Canada is we keep changing things.   I guess DMB was willing to take the risk, but basically every time we get a wave, capacity gets restricted, and everytime it wanes, it gets removed.. so you run the risk of having to cancel/postpone if another wave happens?

I think its why a fair number of artists are skipping Canada on covid tours.   Probably that and the testing requirements to get into the country.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,064
    Zod said:
    uglybabo said:
    Zod said:

I think the problem with Canada is we keep changing things.   I guess DMB was willing to take the risk, but basically every time we get a wave, capacity gets restricted, and everytime it wanes, it gets removed.. so you run the risk of having to cancel/postpone if another wave happens?

I think its why a fair number of artists are skipping Canada on covid tours.   Probably that and the testing requirements to get into the country.
    Spot on I think. Hopefully by spring it will be more clearer the direction we are going in with international travel rules and venue rules going forward. Not just for the summer but hopefully permanently accepting to live with the virus and back to normalcy. 
  • Options
    And 1pm comes then goes.