Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    edited January 2022
    Glen Hansard has another tour starting on March 13th. Pearl Jam is supposedly playing the US in May and Europe during summer. Where in the calendar were these allegedly to be added Ed shows supposed to happen?
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Admittedly, I tend to take a “don’t count your eggs before they hatch” mentality to most things.  There’s a completely reasonable, and probably more likely answer for all of the above

- EV shows placed on hold due to the first round not having great ticket sales.
    - We all expected Baltimore to be cancelled so it’s not really a huge surprise
    - “Game over folks” plus the fact that Baltimore is starting to refund could simply mean that an announcement is imminent and that the waiting game is over 
    - Plus, they’re working on a new album with Andrew Watt.  That’s not a band that’s about to break up.
    - Communication still leaves a lot to be desired though, as cancellations should be announced by the band first, not people getting phone calls from an arena
    Exactly and remember all the doom-mongers on here last year who said SHN and Ohana wouldn't happen. My guess is the US tour will be announced shortly and most of the European tour will happen as planned.

Has anyone thought one of the reasons why no more EV shows have been announced could be becuase they can't fit them in until later in the year (RHCP are touring as well as PJ this Summer), plus the 6 month delay on shipping the vinyl and deluxe CD... There's no rush
    He’s approaching 60…8 of these shows plus rehearsals…16 postponed North American shows (maybe 15 without Baltimore)…about that same number of postponed European shows…probably more PJ shows not yet announced…Ohana Fest…maybe Ohana Encore again…how much singing can one man do?  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    drfox said:
    Admittedly, I tend to take a “don’t count your eggs before they hatch” mentality to most things.  There’s a completely reasonable, and probably more likely answer for all of the above

- “Game over folks” plus the fact that Baltimore is starting to refund could simply mean that an announcement is imminent and that the waiting game is over 
    - Plus, they’re working on a new album with Andrew Watt.  That’s not a band that’s about to break up.
    - Communication still leaves a lot to be desired though, as cancellations should be announced by the band first, not people getting phone calls from an arena
    Exactly and remember all the doom-mongers on here last year who said SHN and Ohana wouldn't happen. My guess is the US tour will be announced shortly and most of the European tour will happen as planned.

Has anyone thought one of the reasons why no more EV shows have been announced could be becuase they can't fit them in until later in the year (RHCP are touring as well as PJ this Summer), plus the 6 month delay on shipping the vinyl and deluxe CD... There's no rush
    He’s approaching 60…8 of these shows plus rehearsals…16 postponed North American shows (maybe 15 without Baltimore)…about that same number of postponed European shows…probably more PJ shows not yet announced…Ohana Fest…maybe Ohana Encore again…how much singing can one man do?  
    My guess is his short tour, the postponed NA tour, the Euro tour, and then another 30 shows.  
  • Options
    Looks like Europe is confirmed with their latest social
    media post
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,067
    DEGBTI said:
    vedpunk said:
    Game over folks. 
    well, good thing I have my Platinum seats for $1k that are now 250 bucks for the ev show!
    You thought that $1000 was a good price when you bought them, so you can't complain that they are now selling for less. No one forced you to buy them at $1000.
  • Options
    Looks like Europe is confirmed with their latest social
    media post
    Hope so.  I’d still take a wait and see approach.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,400
    drfox said:

My guess is his short tour, the postponed NA tour, the Euro tour, and then another 30 shows.  

I don't know about an additional 30 shows... lol.  Most PJ tours struggled to hit 30 shows in a single year.  let alone draft it on 2 (small) N.A. legs and a euro leg?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    Zod said:
    drfox said:

I don't know about an additional 30 shows... lol.  Most PJ tours struggled to hit 30 shows in a single year.  let alone draft it on 2 (small) N.A. legs and a euro leg?
    No, I just meant they could play another 30 shows and his voice would be okay.  Not saying they would.  I don’t think they tour so little because of his voice.  They have other priorities and interests that keep them from another 30 shows
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    My prediction is we get 46 shows this year. This might not age well but hope it turns out true. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,575
    vedpunk said:
    Game over folks. 
    I think this was a hint about Tom Brady retiring. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    on2legs said:
    vedpunk said:
    Game over folks. 
    I think this was a hint about Tom Brady retiring. 
    Haha!!! Well played my friend. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    MikeRed22MikeRed22 Posts: 35
    edited January 2022
    FWIW there seems to be a lot more people commenting about the NA tour dates on their social media posts this past week. Let's hope we find out next week. 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    drfox said:

Ed's voice has plummeted since 2006 but I think he can sing at this level he is at on a frequent basis. He's never cancelled a show besides when he had an actual cold in London. I'm no expert but I feel like his voice isn't of the type to get strained like a Cornell for example. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    edited January 2022

Where is there indication that the first round of EV tickets sold poorly? The presale sold out in minutes. It’s the bullshit ticketing they’re doing as to why there are still seats available. If they sold all tickets for let’s say $150 it would be an easy sell out. But they’re playing this “maximize the value”, dynamic pricing bullshit game and that’s why there are tickets left.

(ps any anger is not directed at you :))
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Just noticed that Pearl Jam tweeted United Center earlier today. It could be! It might be!... 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,575
    Might have an update soon… let me take this call. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    on2legs said:
    Might have an update soon… let me take this call. 

Yep, best take that call! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    3days said:
    Just noticed that Pearl Jam tweeted United Center earlier today. It could be! It might be!... 
    Nice find.  United Center was part of the rumored fall 2020 would have been tour so it would make sense if it were added.  

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,422
    Please let this be the week! Excited to plan
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,894
    +1…since I’m sure you and I are the only ones 😆
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Please lord baby Jesus send me an email at 1PM ET tomorrow
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    edited January 2022
    3days said:
    Nice find.  United Center was part of the rumored fall 2020 would have been tour so it would make sense if it were added.  

Lol they do this shit all the time, doesn't mean anything.

I highly doubt any announcement until after EV tour now...It would bury the sales even more.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510

Where is there indication that the first round of EV tickets sold poorly? The presale sold out in minutes. It’s the bullshit ticketing they’re doing as to why there are still seats available. If they sold all tickets for let’s say $150 it would be an easy sell out. But they’re playing this “maximize the value”, dynamic pricing bullshit game and that’s why there are tickets left.

(ps any anger is not directed at you :))
    This is correct. Live Nation has been clear on this point. The goal is no longer to sell tickets as fast as possible. The days of 5 minute sell outs is long gone. With the platinum/VIP ticketing, it is normal for many tickets to remain on sale for long periods of time with the goal as you mention of maximizing the total revenue. Before the pandemic, I saw The Who at MSG and barely 50 percent of the tickets were sold about a month before the show. By showtime, the place was packed.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Brisk. said:
    3days said:

Lol they do this shit all the time, doesn't mean anything.

I highly doubt any announcement until after EV tour now...It would bury the sales even more.
    There are no sales to bury. Those stupid platinum tickets are all that’s left and that’s not worth holding off a tour announcement for
  • Options
    Today will be the day!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Today will be the day!
    I think you are right. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    It’s been 22 months and 22 days since they postponed.  And my birthday falls on a 22nd.  How could today not be the day?

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    I like some of yall's optimism that the announcement will be today.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Black keys announced today…..it’s time PJ.