2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Haha! Theories abound! Is this a group starving for live PJ or something? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    Just a tad bit you could say lol. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,798
    PJNB said:
    It has been just about 5 years and 9 months since Pearl Jam last played an arena show in North America.  Starving is an understatement.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Everybody and their mother are announcing tours. But PJ can't be arsed to put a schedule together after a 2 year wait?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Scorpcuz said:
    Everybody and their mother are announcing tours. But PJ can't be arsed to put a schedule together after a 2 year wait?
    Frustrating indeed. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJNB said:
    Funny story, the balding guy in the blue shirt rocking out hard is my brother. We finally convinced him to shave his head shortly after this dvd was released.  
    Eddie is your brother? 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    PJNB said:
    It has been just about 5 years and 9 months since Pearl Jam last played an arena show in North America.  Starving is an understatement.

Can we please get a topic on porch that does an automatic count refresh? I miss PJ arena shows.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,392
    PJNB said:

Can we please get a topic on porch that does an automatic count refresh? I miss PJ arena shows.
    Like a counting clock that auto updates such as: 2100 days since PJ's last arena show. ?

I'm not sure 10 club would be into allowing the running of auto post scripts but it would be a good thread if no one could comment and it was just there as a reminder.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    According to the Facebook rumor mill today, if you call the Royal Farms Arena and ask about Pearl Jam you will be told the show has been canceled due to the renovation and will not be rescheduled. Don't know how true any of that is but there are multiple posters claiming to have been told that. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,802
    JimmyV said:
    According to the Facebook rumor mill today, if you call the Royal Farms Arena and ask about Pearl Jam you will be told the show has been canceled due to the renovation and will not be rescheduled. Don't know how true any of that is but there are multiple posters claiming to have been told that. 

So now it is official...or at least maybe 99% of the way so.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,126
    JimmyV said:
    Nice of them to still be holding our money lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    JimmyV said:
    I saw that.  Multiple people are confirming this 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Did I ever tell you about when I won my first pair of GA tickets for Pearl Jam, only to have the show be postponed for two years and then canceled altogether? No? Well...it's not that good of a story. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    JimmyV said:
    Wow. What the heck is going on with this band?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276
    A friend in a complimentary business told me that the profitability for 2022/2023 concerts and festivals has been cut drastically and that any artists still honoring tickets to old tours could easily be losing money. 

This led me to also speculate that PJ has toured the last few runs around very profitable festival dates and I wondered if those are again off table for a variety of reasons... if that would lower the chances of them wanting to hit the road?
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, thats the fucked up part if they aren't going to reschedule to another venue and just flat out cancel. It sucks if true (which it likely is), but I get it. Its been two years, shit happens. But, wish they'd just come out with it vs what they'll likely do, and announce it with all the other shows. 
    Does this mean an announcement is just around the corner? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    Possible there is a 1pm announcement coming. May be worth calling some other box offices and seeing what you learn, if anyone was so inclined. 

D-Rod said:
    Does this mean an announcement is just around the corner? 
    I think there will be a substantial update in February at some point. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Even if it is canceled at least an announcement would bring some closure. 

I could also see it come once Ed's tour is over. Their management is likely focused on that one moving forward first. Plus there's the risk of shows being cancelled or rescheduled, so can't see them wrangling two tours at once. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • reyrey Posts: 277
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, thats the fucked up part if they aren't going to reschedule to another venue and just flat out cancel. It sucks if true (which it likely is), but I get it. Its been two years, shit happens. But, wish they'd just come out with it vs what they'll likely do, and announce it with all the other shows. 
    Maybe they are trying to reschedule at another venue.  
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,235
    JimmyV said:
    If this turns out to be true it’s kinda fucked up that ticket holders haven’t been informed. 
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:
    Maybe they are trying to reschedule at another venue.  
    Thats my hope. I am sure others as well. 

JimmyV said:
    If this turns out to be true it’s kinda fucked up that ticket holders haven’t been informed. 
    Not too fucked up if they are organizing another venue! Keyword, too. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    My guess is that they will cancel, refund, and replace it with another show in a different city that they can then charge current prices for. 

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    They really need to announce something soon or atleast give another update.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    I could also see it come once Ed's tour is over. Their management is likely focused on that one moving forward first. Plus there's the risk of shows being cancelled or rescheduled, so can't see them wrangling two tours at once. 
    We are definitely getting an announcement just before Ed’s tour,  quite possibly during his tour, or it might come after his tour. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    D-Rod said:
    We are definitely getting an announcement just before Ed’s tour,  quite possibly during his tour, or it might come after his tour. 
    @PJNB said the same thing, so it must be true. Before, during or after EV tour it is!
    Ed's tour would be a sorry excuse for delaying an announcement. They sold us these tickets two years ago.