2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Your periodic reminder that Ed seemed to think the shows had already been announced a month ago. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • They should get that Rob guy who does Pearl Jam radio to have a live break in with special guest Nikki Sixx to read off the tour dates when they are ready.
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    edited March 2022
    PJNB said:
    Gibson said:
    Toronto (Indie 88) has a few concert announcements coming. No time mentioned, but 12pm/1pm are likely bets.
    Sounds like a non PJ radio station though correct? 
    Theoretically, yes. But they'll announce everything. They've promoted Foo Fighters, RHCP, Black Keys and every other major rock act that comes through the city.

Edit: My Chemical Romance, 9/4 is the first announcement. They've already got 9/5 booked, too.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• My chemical Romance was the Nashville/Tulsa/OKC announcement
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    My chemical Romance was the Nashville/Tulsa/OKC announcement
    Boo
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,798
    Actually a win for me lol, I'll be going for Raleigh tickets which was just added as well
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    ponytd said:
    You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
    yeah but for $179 annually youre better off waiting 5 more min in the regualr precheck line.
    Some credit cards you can get one or the other or both. The AMEX Platinum card you get complimentary Clear membership and Global Entry/Precheck with the card. They did just hike up the annual fee a lot on it though last year, but if you fly several times a year, it can be worth it. Also comes with access to their Centurion lounges in airports and upper statuses in Marriot and Hilton

Oof... yeah 695 is high for Amex Platinum.

Of course, the $200 flight credits knock it down to $495.. that's an easy get... If you happen to book $200 worth of their specific luxury hotels then it drops it to $295. 

I use Chase Sapphire Reserve ... $550 but $300 in any travel charged to the card (air/hotel) so it's really only $250. They offer Global Entry free plus a juicy Priority Pass membership... but not clear or centurion lounges. I've used the travel insurance a ton of times too.. Currently have a claim for $500ish for a 8hr flight delay that required rebooking, some ubers, a few meals, and a shuttle that they're paying out on. Pretty slick perk. 

That said... Global Entry / Precheck is indeed worth it's weight in gold. Not having to take off shoes/belts/etc... not having to pull out laptops or toiletries... the shorter lines...etc.  Awesome stuff. 
    You also get Walmart + membership for free on AMEX Platinum lol. Such a weird perk

The Sapphire Reserve card is really good too. I kinda wish I had gotten that now instead of the Platinum, but I've made it work for me so far. just that $695 fee stings this month hitting the card
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    I really think that after the announcement, everyone in this thread need to remain friends and keep in touch.
    :)
    Isn’t @mcgruff10 hosting a pre party for all of us? 
    In Ottawa?
    Wingate Wyndham has decent rates I hear that rumoured weekend. 
    I heard the venue is not actually in Ottawa.  :(
    It’s in Kanata.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    Actually a win for me lol, I'll be going for Raleigh tickets which was just added as well
    I've got tickets for the September 5 Toronto show, which conflicts with the (alleged) September 5 Hamilton PJ show - but now there's a Toronto 4 Toronto MCR show. Decisions, decisions!
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    @PJNB - As a Canadian, Nexus is your best friend for Canada-USA travel. It also get you TSA precheck if there is no nexus line in the smaller American airports. Plus, if you ever drive over the border, you barely have time to stop before getting waved through.
    Just curious about this. I just looked this up, and as an American, I am wondering if there are other locations to do the interview?  I only see Montana, North Dakota and Washington State?

I'd guess most major airports have interview places. I got mine a few years back and border crossing areas/airports were the places I recall. Not sure where as you move further away from the border. I do realize all 3 of those states touch Canada, but border traffic is obviously slower than Niagara and Detroit.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• David.NarwhalDavid.Narwhal Posts: 96
    edited March 2022
    chiefnjk said:
    wbutler29 said:
    Can't see Lolla.  Chicago is Wrigley or bust these days.  I think Aug is Ball Park month.  similar to 2018 Chicago, Missoula, Maybe Baltimore (Camden Yds) instead of Boston.  
    I think they'd benefit from mixing it up and getting away from Wrigley. Would be 15th anniversary of their last performance at Lolla. Could see aftershow at Metro or Vic. Obviously would prefer multiple shows at UC. But honestly they could play Lolla in July and still sell out multiple nights at the UC in September. 
    At this point I just want to add my name to this super-thread should it ever get immortalized...

...but to stay on topic and contribute: I agree they would benefit from mixing it up and getting away from Wrigley.  While I love Pearl Jam, the Cubs, and Wrigley, that experience feels played out and I'd welcome something different like a couple shows at Northerly Island or going back to other venues that worked like the UC or even Alpine Valley.  In the end, I will be happy with whatever though.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    We've now reached the point that I envision Geico commercials when I visit this thread.
    "No Pearl Jam tour announcement today, but I have great news.  I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,389
    tschav said:
    JojoRice said:
    Has anyone checked with Alternative Nation for inside info?  :p

Fuck, this is priceless 😂
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,798
    August and September is filling up fast for me with concerts.  Already have Metallica, My Chemical Romance, and multiple Twenty One Pilots shows on the schedule..... hoping for some news here soon
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    I really think that after the announcement, everyone in this thread need to remain friends and keep in touch.
    In Ottawa?
    It’s in Kanata.  
    Great now I have that Canadian Heritage Minutes video in my head. 
    DH23119 said:
    chiefnjk said:
    wbutler29 said:
    Can't see Lolla.  Chicago is Wrigley or bust these days.  I think Aug is Ball Park month.  similar to 2018 Chicago, Missoula, Maybe Baltimore (Camden Yds) instead of Boston.  
    I think they'd benefit from mixing it up and getting away from Wrigley. Would be 15th anniversary of their last performance at Lolla. Could see aftershow at Metro or Vic. Obviously would prefer multiple shows at UC. But honestly they could play Lolla in July and still sell out multiple nights at the UC in September. 
    At this point I just want to add my name to this super-thread should it ever get immortalized...

...but to stay on topic and contribute: I agree they would benefit from mixing it up and getting away from Wrigley.  While I love Pearl Jam, the Cubs, and Wrigley, that experience feels played out and I'd welcome something different like a couple shows at Northerly Island or going back to other venues that worked like the UC or even Alpine Valley.  In the end, I will be happy with whatever though.  
    Someone on Facebook said PJ won’t play Wrigley again - curious if that will hold.

“I am never one to really get some good insider info.  I do know that this is more likely true becauae it came from a good source.  I guess the cubs owners really milked PJ during there shows at Wrigley and I gues EV says they will never play there again.  Also Pearl Jam is coming to Chicago in October the dates have been blocked off at the United Center in Chicago looks like possibly 2 days there. So with that being said I will assume tickets will be going on sale relatively soon“

October also fits for new dates… interesting! 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Kevinman said:
    Anyone know if Pear Tree Inn is ok in St Louis
    For those asking about Pear Tree in STL, it's decent, but nothing fancy. It's owned by Drury Hotels. They've won the JD Power award for best upper-midscale hotel chain in the country 16 years in a row. But Pear Tree is their economy brand. I've stayed there many times for shows in the past and never had any problems. They do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Plus, they'll give you 3 free beer or wines before the show. ;)
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    In Ottawa?
    It’s in Kanata.  
    Great now I have that Canadian Heritage Minutes video in my head. 
    Those were classics. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    They really are just being kind to every other band just letting them take the dates they want. PJ obviously doesn’t want to be rude or step on other bands toes 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Announce today. Lottery and refunds window closes on Sunday. Draw between Mon - Wed. Sell the refunds and new shows next Thu and Fri. 

Schedule makes sense, but not much buzz right now. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Announce today. Lottery and refunds window closes on Sunday. Draw between Mon - Wed. Sell the refunds and new shows next Thu and Fri. 

2 years since cancelation. Today would of made so much sense but with the buzz as you said hard to believe its today. 
  • reyrey Posts: 277
    PJNB said:

2 years since cancelation. Today would of made so much sense but with the buzz as you said hard to believe its today. 
    Buzz is overrated.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kevinman said:
    Anyone know if Pear Tree Inn is ok in St Louis
    For those asking about Pear Tree in STL, it's decent, but nothing fancy. It's owned by Drury Hotels. They've won the JD Power award for best upper-midscale hotel chain in the country 16 years in a row. But Pear Tree is their economy brand. I've stayed there many times for shows in the past and never had any problems. They do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Plus, they'll give you 3 free beer or wines before the show. ;)
    Thanks 
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited March 2022
    Yep. That's what I was referring to a while back when I said it wasn't PJ. 

FWIW, I don't think we'll hear radio stations announce these dates this week, but maybe the band... 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
    edited March 2022
    rey said:
    PJNB said:

Buzz is overrated.
     I think at this point we can all agree with that. After two years we do not need more hype or teases give us the dates. I just don’t see it playing out that way and I hope I am wrong.

Ready for 1pm.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    I know we’ve seen all the standard PJ lyrics that fit in here…
    I can’t get Dance of the Clairvoyance out of my head. 

“Where every tomorrow is the same as before, Numbers keep falling off the calendar’s floor” 

and that EV as Phil Conners in Groundhog Day photoshop was genius. Kudos to whoever made that. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518

“Where every tomorrow is the same as before, Numbers keep falling off the calendar’s floor” 

and that EV as Phil Conners in Groundhog Day photoshop was genius. Kudos to whoever made that. 

Well played. 

I know some dislike that track, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Really enjoy it... maybe 70th percentile of PJ songs for me. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941

Well played. 

I know some dislike that track, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Really enjoy it... maybe 70th percentile of PJ songs for me. 

It's okay to like DOTC without considering it a "guilty pleasure".
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."