2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    JBob87 said:
    I wish I could bet on PJ being the Sunday Lolla headliner. No idea why this would affect their own announcement (bands announce tours with 'Lolla gaps' all the time), but I am absolutely expecting it to happen. 
    I guess it’s possible but that’s July 31. If Denver is September 22 that’s a long stretch. 

• vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    I do find it interesting that the 'lapse' email focuses on the fact that the 'rescheduled dates' will be announced soon, but doesn't mention new dates - though I guess the 'exciting year ahead' hints at that. It does make me wonder if there will be a tenclub lottery on the rescheduled dates? I had ruled that out. Announcing all the dates at once AND improving the seat location for those who hung onto tickets for rescheduled dates AND holding another lottery for the refunded tickets would sure be a good reason for delay in announcing. 

I know, not bloody likely.
    the theory that someone earlier suggested, that this was an accidentally sent email, that was supposed to go out in January makes sense to me.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    Ryan said:
    Why do people think PJ is playing Ohana?  They never do festivals two years in a row and already have three SoCal arena shows (SD and LAx2), and played Ohana three times last fall.  Ed is obviously going to be there but I don’t see PJ playing there again this year.  
    If the September and October rumours are true from the last couple pages, this seems like a logical break in the tour.
    I believe because Stone said they were? 
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    verceman said:
    I do find it interesting that the 'lapse' email focuses on the fact that the 'rescheduled dates' will be announced soon, but doesn't mention new dates - though I guess the 'exciting year ahead' hints at that. It does make me wonder if there will be a tenclub lottery on the rescheduled dates? I had ruled that out. Announcing all the dates at once AND improving the seat location for those who hung onto tickets for rescheduled dates AND holding another lottery for the refunded tickets would sure be a good reason for delay in announcing. 

the theory that someone earlier suggested, that this was an accidentally sent email, that was supposed to go out in January makes sense to me.
    which would mean their definition of 'in the coming days' is 2 months...and counting...
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,617
    DEGBTI said:
    Ryan said:
    Why do people think PJ is playing Ohana?  They never do festivals two years in a row and already have three SoCal arena shows (SD and LAx2), and played Ohana three times last fall.  Ed is obviously going to be there but I don’t see PJ playing there again this year.  
    If the September and October rumours are true from the last couple pages, this seems like a logical break in the tour.
    I believe because Stone said they were? 
    Stone said Painted Shield is playing Ohana. He did not say Pearl Jam is playing Ohana.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    verceman said:

It says we are days away from the announcement though.

I am not sure how this works with forum access and free accounts but anyone that got this email I would definitely make sure you have a paid account right now. We all had to update our CC info even if we had autorenewal. Maybe I am off on this but just make sure you are up to date and fully paid, 
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    So are the betting odds on the announcement coming in the newsletter tomorrow or on Monday? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    PJNB said:
    verceman said:

It says we are days away from the announcement though.

I am not sure how this works with forum access and free accounts but anyone that got this email I would definitely make sure you have a paid account right now. We all had to update our CC info even if we had autorenewal. Maybe I am off on this but just make sure you are up to date and fully paid, 
    I definitely am a current member, as of Jan 18/22. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    Could use a post from our friend LeafsJayCubsFan about now. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    PJNB said:
    My auto-renew didnt happen this yr, in Jan. Just caught the error this week.  THANK GOD else 146xxx woulda been forever buried. 
    I think everyone this year has to reconfirm their credit card info auto renewal or not. Nice catch! 

Was this a known thing? I haven’t received a reply from 10c. Crazy if auto-renewal was just…turned off. 
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    I personally don't think they will announce Fall dates unless it's rescheduled ones. I can't remember last time they sold tickets this far in advance. Even 2013 tour with the east coast Fall run went on sale in July I think. 

I'm expecting just the reschedules for now. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    edited March 2022
    verceman said:

I think the email was sent on the right date, but I think they accidentally sent it to anyone whose status lapsed even if they updated it. Who knows. 
    Post edited by BloodMeridian80 on
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    PJNB said:
    My auto-renew didnt happen this yr, in Jan. Just caught the error this week.  THANK GOD else 146xxx woulda been forever buried. 
    I think everyone this year has to reconfirm their credit card info auto renewal or not. Nice catch! 

Was this a known thing? I haven’t received a reply from 10c. Crazy if auto-renewal was just…turned off. 
    I got an email about it a week or 2 ago
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    PJNB said:

This is what I got in February. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    estarr31 said:
    I personally don't think they will announce Fall dates unless it's rescheduled ones. I can't remember last time they sold tickets this far in advance. Even 2013 tour with the east coast Fall run went on sale in July I think. 

I'm expecting just the reschedules for now. 
    I think the 2018 ballpark shows went on sale in February for August/September. I could be wrong.
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Nice. Got nada.  But I dont get about half the newsletters either so..!   But I did get the balt cancel. And raleigh. Yay for those. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,014
    I just went to check on my membership status and update anything necessary. But it won't let me update until two weeks before the due date. They said that they will send an email at that time letting me know to do it. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,706
    Yea I think most of us forget that they remind us to update our membership before they announce a tour. So most likely Monday the latest 
    I miss igotid88
  • NJdPJNJdPJ Posts: 40
    I renewed in January, got today's lapse email, wrote the 10c and got the below back..

• Ryan said:
    Because Ohana can't do an "Encore Weekend" without Pearl Jam on the bill. So the fest doubles their money if PJ plays. People think 5 PJ shows in SoCal in one year is a lot, but they'd done it before. They literally played LA 4 times on the 2009 tour AND played San Diego. I know people who hit every LA show AND every SD show (SD is only two hours away). And saying they wouldn't play Ohana two years in a row because they've never played a fest two years in a row kinda overlooks the fact that Ohana is Ed's festival.   

People also think that the demand for the EV show here was low due to Ohana last year-- that's not the case. I would've gone if it hadn't been so expensive. Or if it had been PJ. There is significantly less demand to see EV solo than there is the full band and that's simply because the full band shows are a thousand times better. So they could absolutely sell out LA x2, San Diego, and Ohana x 2 (especially if Ohana has a strong lineup-- imagine if they added Foo Fighters, U2, or RHCP etc). 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
    NJdPJ said:
    I renewed in January, got today's lapse email, wrote the 10c and got the below back..

So they’re there. Maybe I’ll get a reply today then. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Ryan said:
    Because Ohana can't do an "Encore Weekend" without Pearl Jam on the bill. So the fest doubles their money if PJ plays. People think 5 PJ shows in SoCal in one year is a lot, but they'd done it before. They literally played LA 4 times on the 2009 tour AND played San Diego. I know people who hit every LA show AND every SD show (SD is only two hours away). And saying they wouldn't play Ohana two years in a row because they've never played a fest two years in a row kinda overlooks the fact that Ohana is Ed's festival.   

People also think that the demand for the EV show here was low due to Ohana last year-- that's not the case. I would've gone if it hadn't been so expensive. Or if it had been PJ. There is significantly less demand to see EV solo than there is the full band and that's simply because the full band shows are a thousand times better. So they could absolutely sell out LA x2, San Diego, and Ohana x 2 (especially if Ohana has a strong lineup-- imagine if they added Foo Fighters, U2, or RHCP etc). 
    Those 4 LA shows were at the Gibson Amphitheater. Capacity was a little more than 6,000. They didn't do multiple nights at the Forum. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • AndoAndo Posts: 410
    Probably nothing but now ticketmaster has Denver listed twice 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    Ryan said:

agree
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    They will be very dependent on travelling fans to sellout 4 (now 6?) SoCal shows this year following what was a disappointing showing for Ed there. Ohana is asking a lot if PJ is the headliner. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KralkatlKralkatl Raleigh, NC Posts: 22
    Can someone remind me where Ed thought the Spring shows had already been announced? I know it was an interview but I can't remember where? 
  • PJamMBPJamMB Posts: 120
    Phew! Just replied to the erroneous email that my membership had lapsed, then came on here to see that it was jumbled for a lot of people. Good news is we can now be sure we’ll be getting the announcement “in the coming days”. Hopefully, that’s less than 2. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Kralkatl said:
    Can someone remind me where Ed thought the Spring shows had already been announced? I know it was an interview but I can't remember where? 
    Smartless, I believe.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    PJamMB said:
    Phew! Just replied to the erroneous email that my membership had lapsed, then came on here to see that it was jumbled for a lot of people. Good news is we can now be sure we’ll be getting the announcement “in the coming days”. Hopefully, that’s less than 2. 
    "in the coming days" is the new "early 2022"
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    Kralkatl said:
    Smartless, and I'd say he seemed unsure if they had been announced or not.