2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• JojoRice said:
    Agreed.  I got TSA Pre last year and it's definitely worth it.  Especially flying out of Atlanta (my home airport).  Huge time saver. 
    Agreed! With TSAPre alone I got through ATL in four minutes last week. Worth every penny if I had to pay for it. 
  • PJNB said:
    NWOntario said:
    Clapper said:
    NWOntario said:

I spent years of my life flying hundreds of thousands of miles a year to get priority boarding, lounge access, priority luggage tags, the works, and it's worth every damn penny every single time I fly into the living nightmare that is Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Ditto Nexus. $50 is worth one faster crossing, and you get it for five years.
    They're leaving money on the table. I'd legit pay $50 every time I fly if I had to. 
    Without even hesitating. If I knew I could pay $50/flight for priority check-in/security/boarding/luggage tagging I wouldn't even pause. It's worth it anywhere, and it's especially worth it at Pearson - priority bag tags can literally save you an hour at that place.
    For someone that flies a couple of times a year what do you recommend? I have never looked at this stuff before and likely have some short layovers I am a bit worried about for the PJ tour. Is it just as simple as getting Nexus?  PM if you want to keep it out of the thread. 
    So worth it. I have Global Entry. Dont fly internationally that often but the perk of not having to wait in long lines coming into the US is nice and TSA Precheck is included with Global Entry. Dont have to take your shoes off, belt off, things out of pockets. Computer, liquids etc all stay in your suitcase. It's worth it even if you only fly 1 time a year.  $85 for TSA Precheck or $100 for Global Entry. Its a no brainer.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    TSA Pre check is a must.   It adds some piece of mind that you can cut it close on your arrival time.

We got approved for TSA Pre Check in February 2020. Great timing! (I did get to use it once last August for a business trip, and it was nice.)
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
  • You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
    Thank you! I was gonna ask about whether Clear was worth it but didn’t want to go too off topic  :D I will fly a lot to ATL/BOS
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    @PJNB - As a Canadian, Nexus is your best friend for Canada-USA travel. It also get you TSA precheck if there is no nexus line in the smaller American airports. Plus, if you ever drive over the border, you barely have time to stop before getting waved through.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
    yeah but for $179 annually youre better off waiting 5 more min in the regualr precheck line.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    When 9/10 posts are about TSA and air travel "how-tos," we can be certain today is not the day. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
    Thank you! I was gonna ask about whether Clear was worth it but didn’t want to go too off topic  :D I will fly a lot to ATL/BOS
    Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,716
    bbiggs said:
    When 9/10 posts are about TSA and air travel "how-tos," we can be certain today is not the day. 
    This sadly, and probably not tomorrow either with newsletter day.  Maybe Friday...or next week..or
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    cardoso said:
    is that we know so far?

ST LOUIS 9/16
    OKC 9/18
    DENVER 9/22
    Today I heard
    Quebec. 9/1 
    Ottawa 9/3
    Hamilton 9/5
    Toronto 9/7

Unable to confirm
    Labour Day weekend will be a tough one.

Canada can gladly have labor day weekend or anywhere else, as long as the apollo and msg shows aren't that weekend.
    * Labour lol 

But ya fuck me if thats the dates. End of summer is hard to get vacation where I am from. Also first week back to school. Could not of picked a worse time. 
    Yeah, this is probably the absolutely worst week of the year. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    edited March 2022
    Today is not the day.....no way
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    Quebec City now updated with the Vitology Foundation text (date still TBD)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    I really think that after the announcement, everyone in this thread need to remain friends and keep in touch.
    :)
    Isn’t @mcgruff10 hosting a pre party for all of us? 
    In Ottawa?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    setlist41 said:
    Today is not the day.....no way
    nope.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    If today is not the day then when? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    If today is not the day then when? 
    When Ohana is ready to announce?  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    I really think that after the announcement, everyone in this thread need to remain friends and keep in touch.
    In Ottawa?
    Wingate Wyndham has decent rates I hear that rumoured weekend. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    It's been two years, and counting, since they put us in this place......
    2022 - "The California and A Few Other Places Tour"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited March 2022
    Ohana still has to be a sticking point here. Either they wait till after all of these shows have public sales and the California arenas sell out again (if they can) then announce it or they are going to drop everything together. With no official hype posts from Ohana yet I am hoping it is it is the former. If it is option number 3 and Ohana comes out first and with a public sale and no arena dates we riot! ugh
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    In Ottawa?

:open_mouth:  
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    In Ottawa?
    I heard the venue is not actually in Ottawa.  :(
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    Clapper said:
    100 Pacer said:

Heading to the airport on Friday. 

Priority security line.
    This is the way.  TSA Pre/Global Entry/Nexus is worth 10x what it costs. 
    Add Clear. When combined with TSA Pre, it's wonderful. 
    I second this - with clear you skip everything!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.

• setlist41 said:
    Any radio stations with concert announcements today? 👀
    Edge 104.5 Tulsa at 11
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 941
    No other Ticket details date other than Denver?
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    yeah but for $179 annually youre better off waiting 5 more min in the regualr precheck line.
    Helps a little at $119 if youre a United Mileage Plus member (which is free), $109 if you have a United card (Premier Platinum/Gold/Silver members and United U.S. Credit Cardmembers)

https://www.clearme.com/partner/united?gclid=CjwKCAiAvaGRBhBlEiwAiY-yMHQrhTRFDixxot7HWBBnSor_unjbcmAwJ-lrtEpkGzBixA333qclABoCc0sQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sorry to derail thread, could help for some, better than nothing
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Has Dimi said anything about why his info (hinting at announcement on Monday 3-7) was wrong? Feels like the delay could be related to a festival announcement. To me that says Lolla Chicago, which is still probably two weeks from an announcement. 

May-Cali, Phx shows from 2020, new Vegas show(s)?
    Summer-Europe
    Lolla Chi, maybe a ballpark or two (Boston/Philly?)
    Sept-rest of 2020 shows (MSG, east coast, midwest) and new shows
    Ohana

• mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited March 2022
    OKLAHOMA CITY : ISSUE WITH RUMORED DATE OF 9/18  

The venue appears to already have a Pro Bull Riding event scheduled for that day:
    https://www.paycomcenter.com/events/detail/pbrteam2022

it's possible that event was a placeholder and the website hasn't been updated.... OR it's possible the rumored OKC (and possibly by extension, STL) dates are wrong. Enterprise center APPEARS open on the rumored 9/16 

Hrmmm 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement.