2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• tylermooretylermoore Posts: 919
    JimmyV said:
    If today is not the day then when? 
    When Ohana is ready to announce?  
    I’m sticking with the lollapalooza announcement. Not next week but the week after probably 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    PJammin said:
    It's been two years, and counting, since they put us in this place......
    Appreciate the variation!
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
    yeah but for $179 annually youre better off waiting 5 more min in the regualr precheck line.
    Some credit cards you can get one or the other or both. The AMEX Platinum card you get complimentary Clear membership and Global Entry/Precheck with the card. They did just hike up the annual fee a lot on it though last year, but if you fly several times a year, it can be worth it. Also comes with access to their Centurion lounges in airports and upper statuses in Marriot and Hilton
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PJammin said:
    It's been two years, and counting, since they put us in this place......
    Appreciate the variation!
    Low hanging fruit....had to do it. 
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    Toronto (Indie 88) has a few concert announcements coming. No time mentioned, but 12pm/1pm are likely bets.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 941
    Can't see Lolla.  Chicago is Wrigley or bust these days.  I think Aug is Ball Park month.  similar to 2018 Chicago, Missoula, Maybe Baltimore (Camden Yds) instead of Boston.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Gibson said:
    Toronto (Indie 88) has a few concert announcements coming. No time mentioned, but 12pm/1pm are likely bets.
    Sounds like a non PJ radio station though correct? 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Assume 8.10 is out because Mike will be in Montana.

https://www.peaktosky.com/

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    ponytd said:
    You guys are seriously missing out on Clear if your within the US. Specifically for ATL, Clear has a separate line for Pre Check (assuming you have TSA Pre as well) and you get a nice discount with your Delta Skymiles. 
    yeah but for $179 annually youre better off waiting 5 more min in the regualr precheck line.
    Some credit cards you can get one or the other or both. The AMEX Platinum card you get complimentary Clear membership and Global Entry/Precheck with the card. They did just hike up the annual fee a lot on it though last year, but if you fly several times a year, it can be worth it. Also comes with access to their Centurion lounges in airports and upper statuses in Marriot and Hilton
    Sapphire reserve will give you $100 towards any of them. Precheck is 85 but global entry is 100 and includes pre-check (worth it if you're crossing CAN or MX borders). 
    I've had precheck for years now and as others have said it's been worth every penny and then some. But I do fly a bunch for work. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    JimmyV said:

Still can't believe no Fenway rumours or NE for that matter. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Gibson said:
    @PJNB - As a Canadian, Nexus is your best friend for Canada-USA travel. It also get you TSA precheck if there is no nexus line in the smaller American airports. Plus, if you ever drive over the border, you barely have time to stop before getting waved through.
    Just curious about this. I just looked this up, and as an American, I am wondering if there are other locations to do the interview?  I only see Montana, North Dakota and Washington State?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    Look at the order of shows on Ticketmaster. OKC is the last stop if their order is correct. Denver is September 22nd, so that means OKC would be a few days after. Most likely. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    wbutler29 said:
    Can't see Lolla.  Chicago is Wrigley or bust these days.  I think Aug is Ball Park month.  similar to 2018 Chicago, Missoula, Maybe Baltimore (Camden Yds) instead of Boston.  
    I think they'd benefit from mixing it up and getting away from Wrigley. Would be 15th anniversary of their last performance at Lolla. Could see aftershow at Metro or Vic. Obviously would prefer multiple shows at UC. But honestly they could play Lolla in July and still sell out multiple nights at the UC in September. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

Still can't believe no Fenway rumours or NE for that matter. 
    I can't either but there has been zero chatter about the northeast. I don't think ballparks are happening. This might be because they are hoping more of us will travel west and buy some of those California tickets. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    PJNB said:
    Gibson said:
    They play everything... 'Alternative' and at least talk about lots of 90's bands, etc
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    riley540 said:
    Look at the order of shows on Ticketmaster. OKC is the last stop if their order is correct. Denver is September 22nd, so that means OKC would be a few days after. Most likely. 
    OKC will be before Denver if they are starting on the east coast 
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    Trying to stay positive,  but I think we're still couple weeks away. I know it may sound crazy. 
    Louder than life dropped, not a bad lineup

edited March 2022
    euchrid said:
    PJNB said:
    Gibson said:
    They play everything... 'Alternative' and at least talk about lots of 90's bands, etc
    Oh hype! Can't wait to be let down for Joel Plaskett! 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    riley540 said:

For me, it does show OKC as the last NA stop, but it also shows Toronto in between OKC and Denver. I cannot fathom they're flying from Denver to Toronto, then back to Oklahoma.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    wbutler29 said:
    Lolla typically announces in April, so likely not happening unless a PJ tour update in March has Chicago missing from the dates. Wrigley most likely, United Center being second likely.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    Has anyone checked with Alternative Nation for inside info?  :p
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    ponytd said:

Oof... yeah 695 is high for Amex Platinum.

Of course, the $200 flight credits knock it down to $495.. that's an easy get... If you happen to book $200 worth of their specific luxury hotels then it drops it to $295. 

I use Chase Sapphire Reserve ... $550 but $300 in any travel charged to the card (air/hotel) so it's really only $250. They offer Global Entry free plus a juicy Priority Pass membership... but not clear or centurion lounges. I've used the travel insurance a ton of times too.. Currently have a claim for $500ish for a 8hr flight delay that required rebooking, some ubers, a few meals, and a shuttle that they're paying out on. Pretty slick perk. 

That said... Global Entry / Precheck is indeed worth it's weight in gold. Not having to take off shoes/belts/etc... not having to pull out laptops or toiletries... the shorter lines...etc.  Awesome stuff. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    why would a radio station want to announce shows where most of the tickets are already sold?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    JojoRice said:
    Has anyone checked with Alternative Nation for inside info?  :p

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    riley540 said:
    That order is not correct, I assume.  I mean, Quebec to San diego is opposite ends of the continent.  Then Nashville to Hamilton to NY to St Lou...colorado to toronto to OKC....
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    riley540 said:
    we're talking about a band that once played here in austin in the middle of 4 LA shows.  i wouldn't assume anything.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    riley540 said:
    we're talking about a band that once played here in austin in the middle of 4 LA shows.  i wouldn't assume anything.
    The order on TM is way out of whack overall, I wouldn't read anything into it
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    T minus 1 hour?
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Did Lithium say the announcement is this week or just "forthcoming"