2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    edited March 2022
    One of my great joys in life is going to the airport. There’s that security line everyone knows we’ve got to wait in before entering terminals. You never know how long it will be, so it’s very exciting to finally see it and get in line. Then, the line moves very slowly. The best part is when someone begins craning their neck, barking at no one in particular and with no hope of affecting the pace of the line, starts with the, “what’s going on?”, “this is ridiculous!”, “they need to get more workers!” routine. It’s just the best part of travel. So excited to fly to some PJ shows to be around that guy at airports.
    I see we've been in the same security line together.  I want you to know that I see the eye rolls...and it hurts my feelings.  
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    cardoso said:
    is that we know so far?

ST LOUIS 9/16
    OKC 9/18
    DENVER 9/22
    Today I heard
    Quebec. 9/1 
    Ottawa 9/3
    Hamilton 9/5
    Toronto 9/7

Unable to confirm
    No Why GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    One of my great joys in life is going to the airport. There’s that security line everyone knows we’ve got to wait in before entering terminals. You never know how long it will be, so it’s very exciting to finally see it and get in line. Then, the line moves very slowly. The best part is when someone begins craning their neck, barking at no one in particular and with no hope of affecting the pace of the line, starts with the, “what’s going on?”, “this is ridiculous!”, “they need to get more workers!” routine. It’s just the best part of travel. So excited to fly to some PJ shows to be around that guy at airports.
    You get my vote for best post out of this 178-page thread. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    I enjoy your humor. Let's be friends. 

PS. this same traveling fella will then proceed to the gate where he will completely forget that his mobile device has a microphone and speak at an absurdly loud volume to impress everyone with his "important" business call. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,079
    One of the great joys in my life is going to McDonalds and choosing the drive through lane that never moves, while the cars that got there long after you in the other lane order their food first.   Sitting and watching those other cars go by is such a thrill.  I know eventually the McDonalds attendant will remember my lane exists so I don't fret.  It is my fault for choosing the wrong lane.

Have a great day everyone!
    I play the same game any time I go to Walmart....which is why I rarely go to WalMart.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    Heading to the airport on Friday. 

Priority security line.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • G U T T E D
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    I really think that after the announcement, everyone in this thread need to remain friends and keep in touch.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    100 Pacer said:

Priority security line.
    This is the way.  TSA Pre/Global Entry/Nexus is worth 10x what it costs. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    The crazy of this thread is rubbing off - I just booked hotels for Nashville and St Louis. I was going to book the hotel right across from the Enterprise Center, as I've stayed there before, and the location can't be beat, but it's changed ownership, and looks a little run down (reviews back this up). 
    What day did you book for St Louis? The dates I have heard mentioned most is the 16th and 18th. Never mind, I went ahead and booked a room for both nights. 

Booked for both. Figure I can cancel/change if needed.
    I am done booking rooms that are not refundable. The extra $15-20 for a refundable room is worth not having to worry if something comes up. I had non refundable rooms in STL and OKC in 2020, and after some work was able to get refunds for both. I am not doing that again.

Yeah, I only go non-refundable when I KNOW I'm going to a place, and these days, it's harder and harder to have that certainty. Even if I was booking after the announcement, I'd still be booking refundable rates.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Clapper said:
    100 Pacer said:

Priority security line.
    Add Clear. When combined with TSA Pre, it's wonderful. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Gibson said:
    I really think that after the announcement, everyone in this thread need to remain friends and keep in touch.
    :)
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Gibson said:
    :)
    Isn’t @mcgruff10 hosting a pre party for all of us? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    Agreed.  I got TSA Pre last year and it's definitely worth it.  Especially flying out of Atlanta (my home airport).  Huge time saver. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    Clapper said:
    100 Pacer said:

Priority security line.
    I spent years of my life flying hundreds of thousands of miles a year to get priority boarding, lounge access, priority luggage tags, the works, and it's worth every damn penny every single time I fly into the living nightmare that is Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Ditto Nexus. $50 is worth one faster crossing, and you get it for five years.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Just to clarify my post from a couple weeks ago. My msg source does not get back to me right away, and I’m not going to keep asking him. He told me multiple holds later in the year. I said November on this thread because that was the original rumor. So it’s looking like September. Just hoping there’s more than 1 date with the term “multiple holds” being used.

If Toronto is 9/7, they don’t need to make MSG Fri 9/9 and Sat 9/10 in order to sell out, it could be Monday and Tuesday and it still would. Also, if they play Camden Yards, that HAS to be a weekend night right? I’m all over the place here. Just hoping for more added dates than just reschedules
    As the current MLB calendar stands, Orioles are away from home Thu 8/11 - Thu 8/18, Fri 8/26 - Thu 9/1, and Mon 9/12 - Sun 9/18.

If a Camden Yards show (or shows?) could take place, those are the windows I would think are most feasible.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    I see we've been in the same security line together.  I want you to know that I see the eye rolls...and it hurts my feelings.  
    We're definitely all in this together... I'll try to remember my sunglasses, lol.
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    NWOntario said:

I spent years of my life flying hundreds of thousands of miles a year to get priority boarding, lounge access, priority luggage tags, the works, and it's worth every damn penny every single time I fly into the living nightmare that is Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Ditto Nexus. $50 is worth one faster crossing, and you get it for five years.
    They're leaving money on the table. I'd legit pay $50 every time I fly if I had to. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 961
    cardoso said:
    is that we know so far?

ST LOUIS 9/16
    OKC 9/18
    DENVER 9/22
    Today I heard
    Quebec. 9/1 
    Ottawa 9/3
    Hamilton 9/5
    Toronto 9/7

Unable to confirm
    Labour Day weekend will be a tough one.

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    T minus 2 hours?

• NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    Clapper said:
    NWOntario said:

They're leaving money on the table. I'd legit pay $50 every time I fly if I had to. 
    Without even hesitating. If I knew I could pay $50/flight for priority check-in/security/boarding/luggage tagging I wouldn't even pause. It's worth it anywhere, and it's especially worth it at Pearson - priority bag tags can literally save you an hour at that place.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • mikesbri said:
    cardoso said:
    is that we know so far?

ST LOUIS 9/16
    OKC 9/18
    DENVER 9/22
    Today I heard
    Quebec. 9/1 
    Ottawa 9/3
    Hamilton 9/5
    Toronto 9/7

Unable to confirm

Canada can gladly have labor day weekend or anywhere else, as long as the apollo and msg shows aren't that weekend.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited March 2022
    NWOntario said:
    Clapper said:
    NWOntario said:

Without even hesitating. If I knew I could pay $50/flight for priority check-in/security/boarding/luggage tagging I wouldn't even pause. It's worth it anywhere, and it's especially worth it at Pearson - priority bag tags can literally save you an hour at that place.
    For someone that flies a couple of times a year what do you recommend? I have never looked at this stuff before and likely have some short layovers I am a bit worried about for the PJ tour. Is it just as simple as getting Nexus?  PM if you want to keep it out of the thread. 
    PJNB said:
    NWOntario said:
    Clapper said:
    NWOntario said:

For someone that flies a couple of times a year what do you recommend? I have never looked at this stuff before and likely have some short layovers I am a bit worried about for the PJ tour. Is it just as simple as getting Nexus?  PM if you want to keep it out of the thread. 
    I have TSA Pre and I only fly 2-3 times a year and it's still very much worth it.  

mikesbri said:
    cardoso said:
    is that we know so far?

ST LOUIS 9/16
    OKC 9/18
    DENVER 9/22
    Today I heard
    Quebec. 9/1 
    Ottawa 9/3
    Hamilton 9/5
    Toronto 9/7

Unable to confirm

Canada can gladly have labor day weekend or anywhere else, as long as the apollo and msg shows aren't that weekend.
    * Labour lol 

But ya fuck me if thats the dates. End of summer is hard to get vacation where I am from. Also first week back to school. Could not of picked a worse time. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    JojoRice said:
    PJNB said:
    NWOntario said:
    Clapper said:
    NWOntario said:

I have TSA Pre and I only fly 2-3 times a year and it's still very much worth it.  
    Same and worth every penny. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    Any radio stations with concert announcements today? 👀
    setlist41 said:
    Any radio stations with concert announcements today? 👀
    Nashville 
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    PJNB said:
    mikesbri said:
    cardoso said:
    is that we know so far?

ST LOUIS 9/16
    OKC 9/18
    DENVER 9/22
    Today I heard
    Quebec. 9/1 
    Ottawa 9/3
    Hamilton 9/5
    Toronto 9/7

Unable to confirm

* Labour lol 

But ya fuck me if thats the dates. End of summer is hard to get vacation where I am from. Also first week back to school. Could not of picked a worse time. 
    Hey gang, 

Take it from me. Since the first week of September is absolutely GOLDEN for me and the 4 Canadian dates, I can assure you that this wont be when it happens.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    TSA Pre check is a must.   It adds some piece of mind that you can cut it close on your arrival time.