2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Habit4me said:
    So who's collecting the interest on the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been thrown into people sitting on their 10c tickets the last 2 years?

Pearl Jam or Ticketmaster?

Cause I sure as shit haven't recieved any sort of kick back.

JFC
    Hmmmmm…….haven’t received anything here either?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    Of all the gripes, many of which are legitimate, the interest earned by whoever is holding the money is at the bottom of the list.  That interest is a rounding error.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    bbiggs said:
    Of all the gripes, many of which are legitimate, the interest earned by whoever is holding the money is at the bottom of the list.  That interest is a rounding error.
    I'll trade the interest for not having to pay another $100 to $200 per ticket after all the inflation and cost increases the past two years.  
  • bbiggs said:
    I'll trade the interest for not having to pay another $100 to $200 per ticket after all the inflation and cost increases the past two years.  
    Not to mention to avoid the Platinum fiasco.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    KL159781 said:
    KL159781 said:
    I think another issue in them announcing the tour relates to the California and New York shows and vaccine status. Until last week Los Angeles County required vaccine cards for concerts. Now they have gone back to allowing unvaccinated in with negative tests. I believe the negative test requirement may affect the other CA shows and NYC. 
    If LA County hadn’t gone back to allowing negative tests, it would have been a nightmare to tell fans who bought tickets 2 years ago that they couldn’t attend if they are unvaccinated. Remember that Jeff said he doesn’t like the idea of people having to show vaccination cards. As it stands now, they still will have to at the 7 shows in CA and NY and perhaps others. That’s a high percentage of the dates on the tour.
    There are no reasons other than PJ likes to wait as long as possible.  Always have.  Tons of other large bands have announced tours and done tours.  PJ is not on an island.
    So you seem to be implying that Pearl Jam are taking their time for no other reason than they like to. You don’t think that there are any actual concerns by members of the band on how and when to procede with the tour? None of these things play into their decision making? If not, then why didn’t they just reschedule these arena shows last fall when they played Ohana and Sea Hear Now? Why are any of us offering speculation on the band’s reasoning on rescheduling if your belief is the magic answer to it all?
    My opinion is that they like to take as long as possible to have to commit to something.  They may or may not have finalized the tour plans, but it would be crazy to me that they haven't had holds at venues for the last two years. My point is that other bands are able to get it done and provide more planning time for their fans.  PJ, for whatever reason (that reason being something that doesn't stop most other bands) waits until 2 months to announce what will probably be an underwhelming tour announcement for most fans in NA.  
    bbiggs said:
    So you’re saying it’s on the list…..

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,627
    Kevinman said:
    MLB owners could be open to handing out especially big paydays for concerts this year.

The MLB lockout situation is horrible and the owners and players are miles apart, and there’s a very real possibility there won’t be games for a good portion of the season, so they’ll be looking to fill the seats another way.

I would lock in Fenway for August 19th and 20th, Wrigley sometime around that, and I’m not ruling out some other ballparks (Camden, Philly, etc) as well
    They may not want to book open dates now because of potential make up games later in the year?
    It's not that those are "open dates", those are dates when the team is scheduled to be playing on the road. So, there wouldn't be make up games at Fenway on 8/19 & 8/20 as the Sox will be in Baltimore.
    Similarly, Cubs hit the road on 8/26 for 10 days, so Wrigley could be scheduled in that window.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:
    MLB owners could be open to handing out especially big paydays for concerts this year.

The MLB lockout situation is horrible and the owners and players are miles apart, and there’s a very real possibility there won’t be games for a good portion of the season, so they’ll be looking to fill the seats another way.

I would lock in Fenway for August 19th and 20th, Wrigley sometime around that, and I’m not ruling out some other ballparks (Camden, Philly, etc) as well
    They may not want to book open dates now because of potential make up games later in the year?
    It's not that those are "open dates", those are dates when the team is scheduled to be playing on the road. So, there wouldn't be make up games at Fenway on 8/19 & 8/20 as the Sox will be in Baltimore.
    Similarly, Cubs hit the road on 8/26 for 10 days, so Wrigley could be scheduled in that window.
    I’m thinking if season is shortened the whole schedule will need to be reworked.  Home/away dates may change.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

I’m thinking if season is shortened the whole schedule will need to be reworked.  Home/away dates may change.
    But they would just accommodate the cities with the concerts book similar to how they do it when they book concerts for arenas before the NHL and NBA schedules have been made up would they not? 
    PJNB said:
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

But they would just accommodate the cities with the concerts book similar to how they do it when they book concerts for arenas before the NHL and NBA schedules have been made up would they not? 
    Yeah, i would think so….you are right.  Shouldn’t be issue as long as dates are booked already?

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    bbiggs said:
    Not to mention that a refund option was offered. It’s hilarious that people think ticket sale money goes straight into PJ’s bank account or that the five of them are sitting around deciding the announcement date. This is all TM/LiveNation holding money and coordinating announcements to maximize sales. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited February 2022
    bbiggs said:
    Not to mention that a refund option was offered. It’s hilarious that people think ticket sale money goes straight into PJ’s bank account or that the five of them are sitting around deciding the announcement date. This is all TM/LiveNation holding money and coordinating announcements to maximize sales. 
    So TM/Live Nation don't want to maximize money when other bands announce their tours much further in advance than PJ (consistently).  The only time PJ announces shows well in advance are when a festival is involved. 

They are basically going to reward people holding tickets for 2 years with about 6 weeks of planning when they probably had to turn in their vacation schedules for work months ago.  I guess DMB is willing to take less money by announcing earlier for his tours.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    TM has your money, but TM is absolutely not 100% responsible for the delay in announcing the tour. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Just booked a trip for May for the family. Can’t wait forever for this band to announce something. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    bbiggs said:
    So TM/Live Nation don't want to maximize money when other bands announce their tours much further in advance than PJ (consistently).  The only time PJ announces shows well in advance are when a festival is involved. 

They are basically going to reward people holding tickets for 2 years with about 6 weeks of planning when they probably had to turn in their vacation schedules for work months ago.  I guess DMB is willing to take less money by announcing earlier for his tours.  
    This is a unique situation right now, an dof course PJ has to green light a tour first, but once they have, I imagine TM/LN look at all the other bands who have announcements/ticket sales on the calendar and try to stagger them to maximize our spending.  If PJ and Foo are both announcing tours, I'd imagine TM/LN want to stagger them so fans don't have to pick one or the other.  I'm not in the industry, I'm just saying that there are other factors besides just PJ.  Of course they have to choose to tour first, but there are other players/decision-makers involved.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited February 2022
    bbiggs said:

This is a unique situation right now, an dof course PJ has to green light a tour first, but once they have, I imagine TM/LN look at all the other bands who have announcements/ticket sales on the calendar and try to stagger them to maximize our spending.  If PJ and Foo are both announcing tours, I'd imagine TM/LN want to stagger them so fans don't have to pick one or the other.  I'm not in the industry, I'm just saying that there are other factors besides just PJ.  Of course they have to choose to tour first, but there are other players/decision-makers involved.

I don't know anything.  It could be all that.  Just think that PJ should be announcing sooner for these reschedules as they have our money and if the new dates don't work for people they can request a refund sooner (versus wait until 6-8 weeks before the show).   Just tired of PJ's tour announcements in the last 10 years or so (one small leg at a time versus multiple legs announced at one time).  

Just look at ComeToTX's post above.  He bought tickets for shows in January of 2020, and has no idea of whether those shows will be in May of 2022 when huge bands' tours have come and gone in between, others announced months ago for tours in spring, and EV announced and did a tour already.   Just silly.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • There is no legitimate excuse for this delay really. Plenty of excuses, but none good enough. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    There is no legitimate excuse for this delay really. Plenty of excuses, but none good enough. 
    Nail on the head. 

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    There is no legitimate excuse for this delay really. Plenty of excuses, but none good enough. 
    Agree.  Just because they can doesn't mean they should.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    The Rolling Stones just teased a 2022 tour. Lol.
    bbiggs said:

I don't know anything.  It could be all that.  Just think that PJ should be announcing sooner for these reschedules as they have our money and if the new dates don't work for people they can request a refund sooner (versus wait until 6-8 weeks before the show).   Just tired of PJ's tour announcements in the last 10 years or so (one small leg at a time versus multiple legs announced at one time).  

Just look at ComeToTX's post above.  He bought tickets for shows in January of 2020, and has no idea of whether those shows will be in May of 2022 when huge bands' tours have come and gone in between, others announced months ago for tours in spring, and EV announced and did a tour already.   Just silly.  
    I hear ya, really.  I have over $2,000 tied up in PJ tickets (8 U.S. shows + 2 EU shows, including multiple pairs for a few shows).  My point is just that the band doesn't have 100% control over this situation.  Hopefully this is the week we've been waiting for!

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    How about a 10 club only show or two for our troubles? Let's do it!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    The good news:  The waiting will be over within the next 8 days.
    The bad news:  Some of the 2020 shows won't be happening in May and new shows added.
    The result:  Something new for us to complain about for 6+ months.  ;)
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,392
    Noload said:
    How about a 10 club only show or two for our troubles? Let's do it!
    Does the band even like doing 10c shows anymore? 😂
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Tick tock tick tock
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Does the band even like doing 10c shows anymore? 😂
    When was the last one?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Today?
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    edited February 2022
    Today?
    Probably not.  Only thing I’m planning on today is hopefully landing Metallica tickets for August 14th
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    At midnight it becomes debatable whether or not we are still in early 2022. 

On one hand, the first quarter runs through the end of March. But on the other...no one thinks that things like spring break and St. Patrick's Day happen early in the year.