2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Ed is still trying to convince Jeff to go along with the TM Platinum tickets; he's the last holdout
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Anyone put any thought to why TM changed the order of events for PJ? OKC and San Diego dont even come up anymore. Im only seeing six US shows
    I still see all of them on TM
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mpedone said:
    estarr31 said:
    pjhawks said:
    while yes March is still early 2022 I don't think any reasonable person thought it would be into March before an announcement.  
    Agreed and that's why it's not the band just being lazy with an announcement. They sent out the update in early November right before Omicron hit and somewhat upended things for two months. Thankfully that has subsided but it had to be a factor with the insurance coverage and commitments needed. They likely had a plan, were thrown a curveball again and had to reassess. The tour is happening in 2022 they just have to figure out when. 

Maybe they should tell their fans that.
    Bingo! It’s not that hard. The lack of transparency is alienating a large portion of their fans. It’ll be interesting to see what the demand will be for these makeup dates. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    dmbolp said:
    Ed is still trying to convince Jeff to go along with the TM Platinum tickets; he's the last holdout
    Lol

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Guys we are a week or two away from knowing by default. We should all know May is happening. We all want better communication and no one likes waiting. Hopefully by Friday the hype train has begun!
    My man your continued positivity is an asset to the community and I commend you for it!
    I am not defending anything the band has done in the last two years with announcements and communication. It is so frustrating as a fan. Then again I do not have to plan out 30 shows or so during a pandemic with Omicron raging. 
    But then again....a lot of bands have done just that.  
    Absolutely and it is pretty frustrating to watch.

Some have done it very successfully some have cancelled  or postponed multiple tours one after the other. If Pearl Jam announced new dates for the fall of 2020 like the Foo Fighters did would that of been better since they would not have happened? Then announced again for the spring of 2021 then cancelled again. How would traveling fans of felt about that? Again not defending at all as I feel like we could have easily had these dates in the US by now. Pearl Jam loves waiting till the last minute to finalize these tours it seems and its us fans that struggle with the planning cause of it. 
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    I understand the frustrations in this thread but we all need to take a deep breath and stop with the complaints. We're one day closer to this band,who has meant so much to so many of our lives, just saying they're done. They were putting together the tour we have been asking for and everything went to hell. If I have to get a refund after two years because something doesn't work for me, it is what it is. I'll find my way to a show somehow, somewhere, and it'll be just like the last time I saw them at Wrigley in 2018. They don't need the money. They are set for life. This is all icing on our cake. Be thankful, be patient. 
    Things were different then
    As long as people keep buying merch by the bucketload, they aren't going to worry about alienating fans. 10c is a member-based organization that has come to see its members only as customers. That always causes problems. 

• estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    Has there been any explanation/thinking behind why or how they rescheduled the full Europe tour and yet we're still waiting on US dates? 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Noload said:
    Anyone put any thought to why TM changed the order of events for PJ? OKC and San Diego dont even come up anymore. Im only seeing six US shows
    I still see all of them on TM
    I see now. They're posted after Europe on my screen
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Evel K said:
    I understand the frustrations in this thread but we all need to take a deep breath and stop with the complaints. We're one day closer to this band,who has meant so much to so many of our lives, just saying they're done. They were putting together the tour we have been asking for and everything went to hell. If I have to get a refund after two years because something doesn't work for me, it is what it is. I'll find my way to a show somehow, somewhere, and it'll be just like the last time I saw them at Wrigley in 2018. They don't need the money. They are set for life. This is all icing on our cake. Be thankful, be patient. 
    I see where you’re coming from and don’t disagree, but everyone that purchased a ticket and has had their money held for over 2 years has the right to be upset and voice their concerns. Any other business that treated their customers like this wouldn’t survive. 
  • 20 minutes until disappointment.
    Thats what she said 

This is the best comment in this thread.
    estarr31 said:
    Has there been any explanation/thinking behind why or how they rescheduled the full Europe tour and yet we're still waiting on US dates? 
    I would guess that the euro dates are always heavily scheduled around festival announcements and dates. This forces them to come out months in advance for that tour with the schedule.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,080
    I can't wait for the threads of people complaining about the increased cost of possible new dates that will be sprinkled in among the 2 year old dates.

"WTF, I have to pay $165/ticket now, for the same tour that was $120 2 years ago?, I'm done with the club...."
    Evel K said:
    I see where you’re coming from and don’t disagree, but everyone that purchased a ticket and has had their money held for over 2 years has the right to be upset and voice their concerns. Any other business that treated their customers like this wouldn’t survive. 
    Agreed but we are days or weeks away from knowing. The light at the end of the tunnel is here (not a huge fan of that saying ever since covid but it’s accurate here) and we just have to be a little more patient.

That said people can complain and vent all they want but should know  this is not a situation where we are in the dark with what they have planned anymore. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    hihobibo said:
    I can't wait for the threads of people complaining about the increased cost of possible new dates that will be sprinkled in among the 2 year old dates.

"WTF, I have to pay $165/ticket now, for the same tour that was $120 2 years ago?, I'm done with the club...."

The real question is whether the refunded tickets will be sold at the 2020 price, or if they'll be current prices. Ticketmaster's involved, so I'm going to guess the latter.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 686
    vedpunk said:
    On a positive note, tickets are going to be easy to get if they wait any longer for a May tour.  They're going to have a hard time filling arenas so maybe they'll have to scale down to playing small sheds / larger theaters.  (Not much longer BTW)
    This guy knows something……..
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    If there are new shows like has been rumored do they announce on a Monday? 10c has to leave lottery open for 3-4 days and public sale for shows are usually on Fridays. 

So if they announce on a Monday probably public on sale doesn’t happen until the next Friday 11 days later. Just impatiently waiting like everyone else. 
    edited February 2022
    link93 said:
    If there are new shows like has been rumored do they announce on a Monday? 10c has to leave lottery open for 3-4 days and public sale for shows are usually on Fridays. 

So if they announce on a Monday probably public on sale doesn’t happen until the next Friday 11 days later. Just impatiently waiting like everyone else. 
    2020 10c lotto went 3 days. Public sale was a week and a half later
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    estarr31 said:
    I think it is because there are festivals on the Euro tour that they have to commit to a lot earlier than a tour with no festival dates.
  • Still trying to process how to feel about some dates being pushed to the fall. Especially if Nashville is included, which it sounds like it is. If they didn’t wait so damn long, they would have had no issues (Baltimore aside) making up the dates. The reshuffle is purely for their benefit, not the fans and thats a bummer. 

The wait truly never seems to end sometimes. Hopefully I can make a May show work. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Evel K said:
    "They don't need the money" - yet somehow thought it would be a great idea to charge all of their loyal fans a fee to watch some of their older concerts via webcast in the thick of a pandemic. 

We've crossed the line of being patient. This is down right silly. If the brothers of black crowes can successfully reschedule, play the rescheduled shows, AND announce a new tour - ALL WHILE NOT BREAKING UP, yet Pearl Jam can't.... It's beyond comical.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    If OKC is indeed in the Fall I hope it's between ACL weekends and they add that.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Just look at it as having store credit. But you have to wait for the store to open back up before you can use it. 

I really do understand people's frustration. It's just not something that bothers me all that much. I know they'll be touring again. Some shows in a few months and some later in the year. My show will come eventually and I won't have to contend with thousands of other people  to try and get tickets for that show. 

I could have refunded that money at any time and it would be long spent by now. And whatever I spent it on I can guarantee would not have brought me the satisfaction that seeing a PJ show will. I know I'm fortunate to be in that position. Not the same for everyone.  

The announcement is coming soon. I'm sure of it.
    Yeah, what the Brothers Robinson pulled off is stunning. I would've lost my shirt betting against their ability to coexist on a reunion tour. 

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    ComeToTX said:
    If OKC is indeed in the Fall I hope it's between ACL weekends and they add that.
    For personal hookup reasons, I'd prefer they play the new Moody Arena rather than ACL.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Pearl Jam is like having a kid in private school….you can bitch about it all you want and threaten to leave, but the second you drop out someone is dying to take your place(10club#). Complain, complain and complain but as soon as they do something good it’s all roses again.  
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    ComeToTX said:
    For personal hookup reasons, I'd prefer they play the new Moody Arena rather than ACL.

2 shows is better than 1 though!  B)
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Just look at it as having store credit. But you have to wait for the store to open back up before you can use it. 

I really do understand people's frustration. It's just not something that bothers me all that much. I know they'll be touring again. Some shows in a few months and some later in the year. My show will come eventually and I won't have to contend with thousands of other people  to try and get tickets for that show. 

I could have refunded that money at any time and it would be long spent by now. And whatever I spent it on I can guarantee would not have brought me the satisfaction that seeing a PJ show will. I know I'm fortunate to be in that position. Not the same for everyone.  

The announcement is coming soon. I'm sure of it.
    ^^^^ all of This
    I have a feeling This week will be fun here with hopefully some leaks rolling in.  I enjoy the pre tour announcement banter between fans. That being said, bring on the dates! This momma needs to plan before my kids’ schedules take over! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Evel K said:
    Nah.  Took a deep breath, and I'm still frustrated and pissed.  Sorry.

I am ZERO days closer to seeing the band, since they cancelled my only show (Baltimore), and I received a refund for something that was completely out of my control, and something I was looking forward to for literally years.  Could I have used that $200+ at some point in the past two years?  You better believe I could've.  

Why should we be thankful that they're dragging their feet with this tour, while the EV shows are going straight ahead and all kinds of new merch is landing?  Let's just ignore the fact that the whole solo tour was scheduled and launched before any answers for the 2020 reschedule have reached the fans.  A little transparency would go a long way.  

I don't disagree with the idea that this band has meant so much to us in many of our lives, but I currently have this awful taste in my mouth that I can't shake, and it's due in no small part to how they have handled this tour.  I hope the rescheduled dates drop soon for everyone that's still waiting, but I'm honestly not even that excited about the idea of going to a PJ show right now, as much as I never thought I'd say that.  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    ComeToTX said:
    ComeToTX said:

2 shows is better than 1 though!  B)
    They can play 2 at Moody.  I'd also rather see one arena show than two festival shows.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale