2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    ComeToTX said:
    apirk72 said:
    If they came out with another non answer, a "we are working on it" email, people would be just as pissed off now or probably more so.  This band can literally do nothing without a portion of its fans losing their shit.  Honestly can you blame them if they lost some of their "we love our fans" vibe.   I doubt they ever read this board but are there any threads not littered petty complaints?  If there are they move off the front page pretty quickly.  They might as well wait until they release dates before they email anything else about the tour because anything less will be crapped on pretty quickly.
    So dates for concerts postponed from 2020 till 2022 while lots of touring happening is.....petty complaint?  Hmmmmmm,,,,,
    No kidding. They sold tix 2 years ago and haven’t given us dates 8 weeks before they say they’re playing shows. It’s a legitimate gripe. 
    Yeah, I’ve had over $200 tied up in tickets for 2 years, I don’t think it’s wrong to be asking for updates. 
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    apirk72 said:
    If they came out with another non answer, a "we are working on it" email, people would be just as pissed off now or probably more so.  This band can literally do nothing without a portion of its fans losing their shit.  Honestly can you blame them if they lost some of their "we love our fans" vibe.   I doubt they ever read this board but are there any threads not littered petty complaints?  If there are they move off the front page pretty quickly.  They might as well wait until they release dates before they email anything else about the tour because anything less will be crapped on pretty quickly.
    So dates for concerts postponed from 2020 till 2022 while lots of touring happening is.....petty complaint?  Hmmmmmm,,,,,
    I was mostly talking about all the other threads, merch, setlists, songs, shipping, vinyl deals etc etc, that are just filled with complaints.  I think it is fine if people are upset that we are waiting for dates, which is why I said the board not this thread,  but the day in and day out complaining about it is pointless, they are going to release them when they want to, fans have no say in it.  I want to know the dates too, but I don't know why they aren't releasing them but I assume there is a reason.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,997
    So next week after the Earthling shows we will get an update on NA show dates? 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    demetrios said:
    So next week after the Earthling shows we will get an update on NA show dates? 
    Yes I hope so too. Can't wait.
  • Odds of tour announcement this week coming:

No announcement: -150
    Monday: +170
    Tuesday: +240
    Wednesday: +1100
    Thursday: +1300
    Friday: +510
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited February 2022
    Odds of tour announcement this week coming:

I am really curious how this plays out. In 2020 we had a heads up on Jan 10th which was a Friday that something was coming with the album and tour. Throughout that whole weekend radio stations and arena premium seat holders were getting notifications about Jan 13th being the day. Maybe that's how this plays out next week and the following week. 

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,639
    PJNB said:

I am really curious how this plays out. In 2020 we had a heads up on Jan 10th which was a Friday that something was coming with the album and tour. Throughout that whole weekend radio stations and arena premium seat holders were getting notifications about Jan 13th being the day. Maybe that's how this plays out next week and the following week. 

That’s because it was a new tour announcement, tickets hasn’t been sold yet. We’re just waiting for rescheduled dates. It doesn’t need any hype. Just release them already. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    RS151862 said:
    PJNB said:

That’s because it was a new tour announcement, tickets hasn’t been sold yet. We’re just waiting for rescheduled dates. It doesn’t need any hype. Just release them already. 
    Depends on how many of these shows are rescheduled or new shows.  
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Anyone else get this?  It was in my junk mail. Not sure what refund it is talking about. I didn’t purchase tickets on 2/25/22 and was already refunded for Baltimore (tenclub seats) No other tickets in my account besides a St. Louis that I got on fan to fan, but then resold again shortly after on there. They show up as sold and i believe I was paid before the shut down/postponment. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,639
    ^^ I got the same thing, and also had already been refunded for my Baltimore tickets. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• verceman said:
    tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    If they are doing Alpine Valley it would likely be with other ballpark shows. Then the question begs to be asked why are they not doing Wrigley?
    Alpine's been following Pearl Jam on social for years, nothing to really pull from that (as much as I'd love it). Wrigley still hasn't announced much in terms of new shows - just lots of rescheduled dates listed so far. There's enough room in late August/early September for a Wrigley show, but I'm hoping more dates in the midwest and a few nights at the United Center rather than large ballpark shows.
    This is a new account for 2022 only active since January . https://instagram.com/alpinevalleytheatre?utm_medium=copy_link
    Could be nothing, but I think this is a bigger catch than anything we’ve gotten so far  maybe a bunch of sheds in May and save the majority of the arenas for fall hoping covid is less of a topic 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    RS151862 said:
    ^^ I got the same thing, and also had already been refunded for my Baltimore tickets. 
    Thanks.  I’m assuming it has to do with that Baltimore refund which we already got.   They can pay me again if they want. I won’t mind. Lol
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    RS151862 said:
    PJNB said:

I wonder how much of these arenas remain sold at this point. In some markets I would guess 50/50. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    RS151862 said:
    Thanks.  I’m assuming it has to do with that Baltimore refund which we already got.   They can pay me again if they want. I won’t mind. Lol
    Same!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • somewhat relieved nashville is in fall.  i got too much other stuff booked at moment and in near future.  i need time to make this trip proper
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. I hope it legit info. I have so many other shows booked in May, and I've been worried that there will be a scheduling conflict with PJ. If it's in the fall, then I'm good.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Super late to the party on this as I haven’t logged in for quite some time but as a Virginia resident it’s a real kick in the pants that the last two shows I had tickets for were Raleigh and Baltimore lol. Yes I was at Hampton right before that Raleigh show was supposed to happen but with the cancellation announcement right before that show it was the weirdest vibe I’ve ever experienced at a show. Hopefully they make it right one of these years.

Same thing happened to me. As I was leaving my hotel to go to the Hampton show, I got the email about the cancellation. It totally ruined the mood and it was so hard to enjoy the show. I had flown from Seattle specifically for those shows, so it really sucked.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,392
    edited February 2022
    If they play ballparks they really need to do Camden Yards. For gods sake throw the fans a bone.

Excited to see Sir Paul there =)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,667
    If they play ballparks they really need to do Camden Yards. For gods sake throw the fans a bone.

Excited to see Sir Paul there =)
    That would be awesome. I am seeing Paul there as well. 
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Any idea what they will do with the empty Baltimore date?
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    Someone in the PJ camp must know this is ridiculous at this point. I know in 2020, nobody could have fathomed there would be a 2+ year delay on the tour. But now, c'mon. Just be transparent with what's going on. 
    biz999 said:
    Someone in the PJ camp must know this is ridiculous at this point. I know in 2020, nobody could have fathomed there would be a 2+ year delay on the tour. But now, c'mon. Just be transparent with what's going on. 
    I keep reading the excuse that they want to see how Ed's tour goes.  It isn't like there aren't 100's of bands that have been touring during COVID that they could talk to.  Is what it is though.   I'd love to be in the situation where I can work only when convenient for me.  
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Pearl Jam’s social media just tweeted about another ballpark 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • biz999 said:
    Yep.  It's amazing that a band this big that could sell out arenas/stadiums all over the world is run by such an amateur operation.  
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,396
    biz999 said:
    I keep reading the excuse that they want to see how Ed's tour goes.  It isn't like there aren't 100's of bands that have been touring during COVID that they could talk to.  Is what it is though.   I'd love to be in the situation where I can work only when convenient for me.  
    Indoor (football) stadium shows are going off without a hitch. Metallica and Billy Joel back 2 back in Vegas no concerns. They are 100% not waiting on the results of Ed's tour. 

It's just some seriously mis managed shenanigans or someone in the band is afraid of some sniffles. The first well, can be fixed. The second, well it's not Ed so it can also be fixed for a tour
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 823
    edited February 2022
    I think you really just have an Occam's Razor situation in that the obvious answer is the correct one. They are just waiting for the Earthlings tour to end before announcing as they want to keep the focus on that and not impact ticket sales. Why go see his solo tour if you know they are playing The Forum in 2 months? Not saying it is the correct thing to do, just saying that it is likely what they are thinking.

I would also bet on California being first because the arenas involved (Oakland, LA, San Diego, PHX) are wide open due to no NHL/NBA playoffs. They might also want to delay Canada until the fall just to let the new and improved Covid rules settle in. Again, it seems like this is the obvious solution to a complicated problem of rescheduling. Let's hope they add a Vegas date or two or anything else that makes sense.
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    kaw753 said:
    I think you really just have an Occam's Razor situation in that the obvious answer is the correct one. They are just waiting for the Earthlings tour to end before announcing as they want to keep the focus on that and not impact ticket sales. Why go see his solo tour if you know they are playing The Forum in 2 months? Not saying it is the correct thing to do, just saying that it is likely what they are thinking.

I would also bet on California being first because the arenas involved (Oakland, LA, San Diego, PHX) are wide open due to no NHL/NBA playoffs. They might also want to delay Canada until the fall just to let the new and improved Covid rules settle in. Again, it seems like this is the obvious solution to a complicated problem of rescheduling. Let's hope they add a Vegas date or two or anything else that makes sense.
    I think it is related to the Earthlings Tour but more because we don't realize how much work is going on behind the scenes with the tour, and the same people who are doing those things will be the same people who will do things related to a Pearl Jam tour announcement. Is the tour over this weekend? Then I think we will hear about the dates Monday or Tuesday.
  • joseph33 said:
    Any idea what they will do with the empty Baltimore date?
    If they were to make anything up for Baltimore I would think probably a DC date, Camden Yards or possibly Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia. 

"If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    I think another issue in them announcing the tour relates to the California and New York shows and vaccine status. Until last week Los Angeles County required vaccine cards for concerts. Now they have gone back to allowing unvaccinated in with negative tests. I believe the negative test requirement may affect the other CA shows and NYC. 
    If LA County hadn’t gone back to allowing negative tests, it would have been a nightmare to tell fans who bought tickets 2 years ago that they couldn’t attend if they are unvaccinated. Remember that Jeff said he doesn’t like the idea of people having to show vaccination cards. As it stands now, they still will have to at the 7 shows in CA and NY and perhaps others. That’s a high percentage of the dates on the tour.
    KL159781 said:
    I think another issue in them announcing the tour relates to the California and New York shows and vaccine status. Until last week Los Angeles County required vaccine cards for concerts. Now they have gone back to allowing unvaccinated in with negative tests. I believe the negative test requirement may affect the other CA shows and NYC. 
    If LA County hadn’t gone back to allowing negative tests, it would have been a nightmare to tell fans who bought tickets 2 years ago that they couldn’t attend if they are unvaccinated. Remember that Jeff said he doesn’t like the idea of people having to show vaccination cards. As it stands now, they still will have to at the 7 shows in CA and NY and perhaps others. That’s a high percentage of the dates on the tour.
    There are no reasons other than PJ likes to wait as long as possible.  Always have.  Tons of other large bands have announced tours and done tours.  PJ is not on an island.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    I am going to guess it is all Canada's fault finally having a timeline of lifting all restrictions for indoor shows.