2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• While PJ are a somewhat fan friendly band, this drawn out announcement is another reason why they aren't one.  To prioritize Ed and his small 8 show tour over letting the fans have more time to plan and apply for vacation schedules is ridiculous.  

I'll see a ton of shows. The band and organization are great people, but this was a mistake on their part.  
    I agree with this. I generally have few complaints about how their 'business' is run, but this was a mistake. I understand if the wait is based on "covid logistics", but I don't understand it if it's purely based on maximizing revenue for the Earthling tour. 

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    While PJ are a somewhat fan friendly band, this drawn out announcement is another reason why they aren't one.  To prioritize Ed and his small 8 show tour over letting the fans have more time to plan and apply for vacation schedules is ridiculous.  

I'll see a ton of shows. The band and organization are great people, but this was a mistake on their part.  

I was discussing this whole situation with my partner recently, and it is frustrating. I think the silence is the worst part. They say nothing for a year and a half, then give a hint that dates are "coming" then... Nothing. They know that the fans want information; every post they make on social media is responded to with questions about tour dates, and there's all kinds of speculation. So, why not just let us know how the process is going? Are they worried that if they tell us that they're not going to be able to do the full reschedule in May that we're all going to request refunds, and the tickets won't sell again? Do they really think that's going to be any different if they wait until the last minute to tell us?

Is it COVID? Is it, as Jeff said, that they're using Ed's tour as a "guinea pig"? If so, how about some official word on that - "Hey, I know you're all waiting, but we'll have more of an idea after the Earthlings tour wraps"? They don't even have to promise dates at any specific time, just something to let us know they're still there, doing the work.

As it is, we got a tepid announcement (in the news section, not even an email or forum post) about the Baltimore cancellation. Meanwhile, we've gotten all sorts of emails about the Earthlings tour, the new EV album, special edition of the EV vinyl, special edition of RVM... It's gotten really difficult to feel the "we love our fans" vibe from the band or the club lately.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    MikeRed22 said:
    Can someone whip up one of those graphics they use when a team hasn't won a championship in a while? Price of gas, movie tickets, what song was number one, etc. since PJ announced the update. ANNOUNCE THE DATES ALREADY I'M GOING MAD! 
    I would estimate that about 7 million Americans have died since PJ announced the 2020 tour....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mpedone said:
    While PJ are a somewhat fan friendly band, this drawn out announcement is another reason why they aren't one.  To prioritize Ed and his small 8 show tour over letting the fans have more time to plan and apply for vacation schedules is ridiculous.  

I was discussing this whole situation with my partner recently, and it is frustrating. I think the silence is the worst part. They say nothing for a year and a half, then give a hint that dates are "coming" then... Nothing. They know that the fans want information; every post they make on social media is responded to with questions about tour dates, and there's all kinds of speculation. So, why not just let us know how the process is going? Are they worried that if they tell us that they're not going to be able to do the full reschedule in May that we're all going to request refunds, and the tickets won't sell again? Do they really think that's going to be any different if they wait until the last minute to tell us?

Is it COVID? Is it, as Jeff said, that they're using Ed's tour as a "guinea pig"? If so, how about some official word on that - "Hey, I know you're all waiting, but we'll have more of an idea after the Earthlings tour wraps"? They don't even have to promise dates at any specific time, just something to let us know they're still there, doing the work.

As it is, we got a tepid announcement (in the news section, not even an email or forum post) about the Baltimore cancellation. Meanwhile, we've gotten all sorts of emails about the Earthlings tour, the new EV album, special edition of the EV vinyl, special edition of RVM... It's gotten really difficult to feel the "we love our fans" vibe from the band or the club lately.
    Been trending this way for a long time
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    The Baltimore thing was weirdly and poorly handled all around.  No other way to put that and not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. 

I think we all expected better communication and expected some May dates by now.  COVID and the band being careful became less of an excuse once the reports of EV playing private shows and announcing his own tour came out.  

Oh well, hopefully we hear something, soon, someday, maybe….
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    The Baltimore thing was weirdly and poorly handled all around.  No other way to put that and not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. 

I think we all expected better communication and expected some May dates by now.  COVID and the band being careful became less of an excuse once the reports of EV playing private shows and announcing his own tour came out.  

Hoping for some kind of tip off that somethings coming...today, maybe?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    If they came out with another non answer, a "we are working on it" email, people would be just as pissed off now or probably more so.  This band can literally do nothing without a portion of its fans losing their shit.  Honestly can you blame them if they lost some of their "we love our fans" vibe.   I doubt they ever read this board but are there any threads not littered petty complaints?  If there are they move off the front page pretty quickly.  They might as well wait until they release dates before they email anything else about the tour because anything less will be crapped on pretty quickly.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941

I think COVID caution is still a valid excuse. Just because Eddie is okay with touring doesn't mean the rest of the band is.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Today was not the day,  hoping for a social media hint over the weekend with an announcement on Monday.   
         If I keep guessing eventually I have to be correct.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,548
    D-Rod said:
    Today was not the day,  hoping for a social media hint over the weekend with an announcement on Monday.   
         If I keep guessing eventually I have to be correct.  

Why are people so locked into a 1pm eastern time for the announcement?
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Alpine Valley Music Theater has a new Instagram page. They only follow bands that have shows announced at the venue. They just started following Pearl Jam (and Dead & Co.).......FWIW. 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    PJammin said:
    Alpine Valley Music Theater has a new Instagram page. They only follow bands that have shows announced at the venue. They just started following Pearl Jam (and Dead & Co.).......FWIW. 
    Alpine would have to be summer(not sure of dates on Tour overseas) or very early fall, I don’t think they want a repeat of the “ice bowl”.  I was there, it was cold.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman said:
    PJammin said:
    Alpine would have to be summer(not sure of dates on Tour overseas) or very early fall, I don’t think they want a repeat of the “ice bowl”.  I was there, it was cold.
    This is true. From one Ice Bowl attendee to another.......yeah, let's not do that again. That was not a good night. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    PJammin said:
    Kevinman said:
    PJammin said:
    This is true. From one Ice Bowl attendee to another.......yeah, let's not do that again. That was not a good night. 
    That was an awesome night, that I will forever remember and would never want to change.....and never experience again. :)
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    That said....a nice August or early September night would be great for Alpine!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd said:
    That said....a nice August or early September night would be great for Alpine!
    Yes......that I could definitely get on board with. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited February 2022
    If they are doing Alpine Valley it would likely be with other ballpark shows. Then the question begs to be asked why are they not doing Wrigley?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Sir Paul just added a second Fenway date. Billy Joel likely to be added at some point. That calendar is filling up.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    JimmyV said:
    Sir Paul just added a second Fenway date. Billy Joel likely to be added at some point. That calendar is filling up.
    Where do we stand with that?  What dates still available? Anyone know? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • PJNB said:
    If they are doing Alpine Valley it would likely be with other ballpark shows. Then the question begs to be asked why are they not doing Wrigley?
    why couldn't both be added... Alpine is a more a Milwaukee show .. yes its close to Chicago. I could see one nite at each.. Wrigley its about 47000 for concerts and AV 37K.. Both large crowds compared to the 25K at arenas with all those seats behind the stage.. ( I don't get that) 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Not sure how the Cubs schedule shakes out but the Wrigley concert schedule is thus far less crowded than Fenway. 

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/tickets/concerts

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNB said:
    lolla.  Nothing but my gut
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    apirk72 said:
    If they came out with another non answer, a "we are working on it" email, people would be just as pissed off now or probably more so.  This band can literally do nothing without a portion of its fans losing their shit.  Honestly can you blame them if they lost some of their "we love our fans" vibe.   I doubt they ever read this board but are there any threads not littered petty complaints?  If there are they move off the front page pretty quickly.  They might as well wait until they release dates before they email anything else about the tour because anything less will be crapped on pretty quickly.
    So dates for concerts postponed from 2020 till 2022 while lots of touring happening is.....petty complaint?  Hmmmmmm,,,,,
    hippiemom = goodness
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    PJNB said:
    Alpine's been following Pearl Jam on social for years, nothing to really pull from that (as much as I'd love it). Wrigley still hasn't announced much in terms of new shows - just lots of rescheduled dates listed so far. There's enough room in late August/early September for a Wrigley show, but I'm hoping more dates in the midwest and a few nights at the United Center rather than large ballpark shows.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    PJNB said:
    lolla.  Nothing but my gut
    Pleas god, not Lolla, anything but Lolla. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    Alpine's been following Pearl Jam on social for years, nothing to really pull from that (as much as I'd love it). Wrigley still hasn't announced much in terms of new shows - just lots of rescheduled dates listed so far. There's enough room in late August/early September for a Wrigley show, but I'm hoping more dates in the midwest and a few nights at the United Center rather than large ballpark shows.
    This is a new account for 2022 only active since January . https://instagram.com/alpinevalleytheatre?utm_medium=copy_link
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    JimmyV said:
    Not sure how the Cubs schedule shakes out but the Wrigley concert schedule is thus far less crowded than Fenway. 

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/tickets/concerts
    August 12th-16th is open ….👀
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    apirk72 said:
    So dates for concerts postponed from 2020 till 2022 while lots of touring happening is.....petty complaint?  Hmmmmmm,,,,,
    No kidding. They sold tix 2 years ago and haven’t given us dates 8 weeks before they say they’re playing shows. It’s a legitimate gripe. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • For Wrigley, Just need no home games Fri-Tues.  Couple of options still left
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    verceman said:
    tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    This is a new account for 2022 only active since January . https://instagram.com/alpinevalleytheatre?utm_medium=copy_link
    Well damn... so maybe there is a chance for a United Center/Alpine combo like the good old days.