2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    NFL, NHL, NBA have all played or are playing indoor seasons. It’s ridiculous they’ve waited this long. I get waiting for Ed’s album but anyone going to his shows knows about them. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,560
    SO ANYBODY HEARD ANY RUMORS LATELY?

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    verceman said:
    kaw753 said:
    I think you really just have an Occam's Razor situation in that the obvious answer is the correct one. They are just waiting for the Earthlings tour to end before announcing as they want to keep the focus on that and not impact ticket sales. Why go see his solo tour if you know they are playing The Forum in 2 months? Not saying it is the correct thing to do, just saying that it is likely what they are thinking.

I would also bet on California being first because the arenas involved (Oakland, LA, San Diego, PHX) are wide open due to no NHL/NBA playoffs. They might also want to delay Canada until the fall just to let the new and improved Covid rules settle in. Again, it seems like this is the obvious solution to a complicated problem of rescheduling. Let's hope they add a Vegas date or two or anything else that makes sense.
    I think it is related to the Earthlings Tour but more because we don't realize how much work is going on behind the scenes with the tour, and the same people who are doing those things will be the same people who will do things related to a Pearl Jam tour announcement. Is the tour over this weekend? Then I think we will hear about the dates Monday or Tuesday.
    This is my thinking as well. It's going to be nuts when they finally announce the dates, and I don't think they want to deal with that on top of whatever they're dealing with for the EV shows 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 883
    verceman said:
    kaw753 said:
    I think you really just have an Occam's Razor situation in that the obvious answer is the correct one. They are just waiting for the Earthlings tour to end before announcing as they want to keep the focus on that and not impact ticket sales. Why go see his solo tour if you know they are playing The Forum in 2 months? Not saying it is the correct thing to do, just saying that it is likely what they are thinking.

I would also bet on California being first because the arenas involved (Oakland, LA, San Diego, PHX) are wide open due to no NHL/NBA playoffs. They might also want to delay Canada until the fall just to let the new and improved Covid rules settle in. Again, it seems like this is the obvious solution to a complicated problem of rescheduling. Let's hope they add a Vegas date or two or anything else that makes sense.
    I think it is related to the Earthlings Tour but more because we don't realize how much work is going on behind the scenes with the tour, and the same people who are doing those things will be the same people who will do things related to a Pearl Jam tour announcement. Is the tour over this weekend? Then I think we will hear about the dates Monday or Tuesday.
    Nail on head. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    vedpunk said:
    verceman said:
    kaw753 said:

Nail on head. 
    You think we will know in the next 4 days?
  • We need info next week.  If they're not ready to roll out the whole schedule, then they should announce what they can and say what else their plans are, even if their plans may or may not be possible how they want them to be. 

Either way, this Ten Club Member for over 20 years (207xxx) is about 95% sure that I'm going to abort the idea of taking the family to LA for two shows, and I'm not going to wait for SD much longer either.  I said I'd never give up my Ten Club membership if they were still playing, but at this point I'm losing faith that the band can deliver what they promised.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • JG2876JG2876 Posts: 11
    What do we think?   One more Eartthlings date.  1 day after?  2 days after.   Or do we need to wait until March 10th?  Can’t be later than that, right!!!
    1996 - Randall's // 1998 -- Continental, MSG, MSG // 2000 -- Jones, Jones, Jones // 2003 -- Nassau, Tweeter, MSG, MSG, PNC // 2006 -- Tweeter, Continental // 2008 -- MSG, MSG, Dodge, Beacon // 2010 -- MSG, MSG // 2013 -- Wrigley // 2014 -- Scottrade // 2015 -- Central Park // 2016 -- Fenway2 // 2020 - MSG, Nashville 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    JG2876 said:
    What do we think?   One more Eartthlings date.  1 day after?  2 days after.   Or do we need to wait until March 10th?  Can’t be later than that, right!!!
    It's time. They need to say something. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    2/28

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
     It's gonna be okay. 
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    KL159781 said:
    I think another issue in them announcing the tour relates to the California and New York shows and vaccine status. Until last week Los Angeles County required vaccine cards for concerts. Now they have gone back to allowing unvaccinated in with negative tests. I believe the negative test requirement may affect the other CA shows and NYC. 
    If LA County hadn’t gone back to allowing negative tests, it would have been a nightmare to tell fans who bought tickets 2 years ago that they couldn’t attend if they are unvaccinated. Remember that Jeff said he doesn’t like the idea of people having to show vaccination cards. As it stands now, they still will have to at the 7 shows in CA and NY and perhaps others. That’s a high percentage of the dates on the tour.
    There are no reasons other than PJ likes to wait as long as possible.  Always have.  Tons of other large bands have announced tours and done tours.  PJ is not on an island.
    So you seem to be implying that Pearl Jam are taking their time for no other reason than they like to. You don’t think that there are any actual concerns by members of the band on how and when to procede with the tour? None of these things play into their decision making? If not, then why didn’t they just reschedule these arena shows last fall when they played Ohana and Sea Hear Now? Why are any of us offering speculation on the band’s reasoning on rescheduling if your belief is the magic answer to it all?
  • I would love the news on 2/28 but am still thinking it will be 3/7.  This aligns with my theory about placeholder dates on TM and gives them a week to assess any final changes based on how the Earthlings tour went.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    I would love the news on 2/28 but am still thinking it will be 3/7.  This aligns with my theory about placeholder dates on TM and gives them a week to assess any final changes based on how the Earthlings tour went.

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    PJNB said:
    I would love the news on 2/28 but am still thinking it will be 3/7.  This aligns with my theory about placeholder dates on TM and gives them a week to assess any final changes based on how the Earthlings tour went.

I agree.  I think a teaser next week with actual info on Monday 3/7. 

Someone commented on a few pages ago with a post having 7 “U” s in it.   It fed off Dimi’s post saying U will be happy soon...  Was random and prob nothing, but I always count things in groups (strange, I know) and counted 7.  So I’ve been thinking either 7 more days or 3/7 for announcement.  Lol
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    PJNB said:

Someone commented on a few pages ago with a post having 7 “U” s in it.   It fed off Dimi’s post saying U will be happy soon...  Was random and prob nothing, but I always count things in groups (strange, I know) and counted 7.  So I’ve been thinking either 7 more days or 3/7 for announcement.  Lol
    There is NO need for teasers. This isn't a new tour announcement that needs to be hyped up, this is a rescheduled tour for which most people already have their tickets. Just release the dates. Any new dates will just be a bonus.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:

There is NO need for teasers. This isn't a new tour announcement that needs to be hyped up, this is a rescheduled tour for which most people already have their tickets. Just release the dates. Any new dates will just be a bonus.
    There will be one, though.  It’s been over 2 years since they have announced the original shows and they need to build the hype again.

Feel bad for the person earlier who had to submit vacation by 2/28, but it certainly feels like 3/7 is the earliest we will get the dates at this point
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • I would love the news on 2/28 but am still thinking it will be 3/7.  This aligns with my theory about placeholder dates on TM and gives them a week to assess any final changes based on how the Earthlings tour went.
    Yeah I think 3/7 is more likely than than 2/28. It will be about a week after the earthlings tour. That week will also be the two year anniversary of when the dates were originally postponed.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,392
    Will we get a renewal reminder first?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    edited February 2022
    This is the timeline for 2020. Now if they drop multiple legs and ballparks next month things get interesting. 

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2020-north-america-tour-presale-timeline
    https://pearljam.com/news/public-ticket-sale-info
    https://pearljam.com/news/ten-club-ticket-presale-info

10C Lotto Jan 13 - 15th
    4 city winners a day Jan 16-19th
    Verified Fan sign up Jan 13-15th
    Verified Fan sale Jan 23rd
    Public sale Jan 24th 

Also it should be noted in 2020 that we did get that huge easter egg hunt and info on Jan 10th. This was for a new album and tour though. The next couple of days some members that were premium seat holders to Scotiabank Arena in Toronto were getting emails with no info on it of ticket pick up dates of Jan 13th. Also other cities had radio hosts hyping something big was coming. 

For those that think they do not need to hint that is fine maybe they just drop the date when it is with nothing but I can not remember NA tour that did not at least have a wink before it. 

Post edited by PJNB on
    Pearl Jam was ahead of almost every other band when it came time to postpone in 2020, and they deserve all the respect in the world for that. But since then most other bands have handled the situation better. 

edited February 2022
    MLB owners could be open to handing out especially big paydays for concerts this year.

The MLB lockout situation is horrible and the owners and players are miles apart, and there’s a very real possibility there won’t be games for a good portion of the season, so they’ll be looking to fill the seats another way.

I would lock in Fenway for August 19th and 20th, Wrigley sometime around that, and I’m not ruling out some other ballparks (Camden, Philly, etc) as well
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    MLB owners could be open to handing out especially big paydays for concerts this year.

The MLB lockout situation is horrible and the owners and players are miles apart, and there’s a very real possibility there won’t be games for a good portion of the season, so they’ll be looking to fill the seats another way.

I would lock in Fenway for August 19th and 20th, Wrigley sometime around that, and I’m not ruling out some other ballparks (Camden, Philly, etc) as well
    They may not want to book open dates now because of potential make up games later in the year?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman said:

They may not want to book open dates now because of potential make up games later in the year?
    I doubt any games would be made up, they would just be lost.  Part of the agreement is to extend the playoffs which already go into early November, so I don’t see a scenario where they make up any games that are lost.
    Interesting to see if helping owners who locked out their workforce recoup revenue lost because of that lockout becomes an issue. 

JimmyV said:
    Interesting to see if helping owners who locked out their workforce recoup revenue lost because of that lockout becomes an issue. 
    I mean, the owners haven't changed over the years; this labor situation is just a pointed reminder of that. If the band or its fans hasn't had issues padding these owners' pockets in the past, why should it become an issue now? 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:

If they are offering 10 Club members a shot at remaining tickets before the general public, there will be a teaser to make sure your membership is active before a certain date. 

mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:
    I mean, the owners haven't changed over the years; this labor situation is just a pointed reminder of that. If the band or its fans hasn't had issues padding these owners' pockets in the past, why should it become an issue now? 

I'm not saying it will or even that it should. But if this turns into a long, 1994-style work stoppage I can see a scenario where it becomes an issue for some bands. It's not a strike. The workforce is locked out. 

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kevinman said:

I doubt any games would be made up, they would just be lost.  Part of the agreement is to extend the playoffs which already go into early November, so I don’t see a scenario where they make up any games that are lost.
    Probably right about games not being made up, but I would imagine schedule(date) changes.  Might cut out inter league play or rearrange schedules to make sure inter division games are equal.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • I think there are enough hints.  They said stay tuned for updates in the last newsletter.  They said early 2022 in the November email.  Their social media has been posting ballparks and even something like there’s nothing like a home show.  I still think they’ll make us wait until the 7th but it’s not for lack of clues.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    So who's collecting the interest on the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been thrown into people sitting on their 10c tickets the last 2 years?

Pearl Jam or Ticketmaster?

Cause I sure as shit haven't recieved any sort of kick back.

JFC