2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    I suspect it is the opposite. The reschedule announcement will almost certainly come with a new refund window for people who cannot make the new dates. The longer they wait, the more refunds there will be, and all of those tickets can then be relisted for sale at new price points. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    Depending on timing the PJ Oakland and LA dates may fit in nicely to see Paul McCartney as well. He is in Oakland may 6th and LA May 13th. 
  • link93 said:
    Depending on timing the PJ Oakland and LA dates may fit in nicely to see Paul McCartney as well. He is in Oakland may 6th and LA May 13th. 
    Oakland May 7 and 8th... San Diego May 11, and LA May 14 and 15th... BOOK IT ! 
  • link93 said:
    Oakland May 7 and 8th... San Diego May 11, and LA May 14 and 15th... BOOK IT ! 
    I just checked all the All three have no scheduled events at this time.. LOL ... 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,548
    JimmyV said:
    I suspect it is the opposite. The reschedule announcement will almost certainly come with a new refund window for people who cannot make the new dates. The longer they wait, the more refunds there will be, and all of those tickets can then be relisted for sale at new price points. 

This is what happened with RATM. When they postponed the dates, a refund window opened. When they rescheduled the dates, another refund window opened that superseded the previous one.
  • ComeToTX said:
    Paul McCartney just announced a tour for Spring. Hope it doesn’t create conflicts once PJ finally announces. 
    Yep. And he's playing Oriole Park too. Something PJ could have done. 
    rictus58 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Paul McCartney just announced a tour for Spring. Hope it doesn’t create conflicts once PJ finally announces. 
    I wonder if this was explored as a possibility. 

• JimmyV said:
    rictus58 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    2 weeks after the Mccartney concert, the O's begin another road stretch. it certainly was doable
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    rictus58 said:
    JimmyV said:
    rictus58 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    2 weeks after the Mccartney concert, the O's begin another road stretch. it certainly was doable
    How do we know they are not doing this? I doubt it but they have not even released the dates yet. 
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 123
    ComeToTX said:
    McCartney has a two-night stand in Seattle in May. Maybe my research is wrong, but I believe that means that going back to 2013 Sir Paul will have played Seattle one more time than Pearl Jam has played Seattle over that stretch of time. I'll wager that is true for a lot of cities with the exception of Chicago and Dana Point. Maybe that says more about Paul McCartney than it does Pearl Jam. That guy clearly loves to entertain. As for Pearl Jam they say they love to play live but there doesn't seem to be a lot of action behind that statement. 

Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• PJNB said:
    rictus58 said:
    How do we know they are not doing this? I doubt it but they have not even released the dates yet. 
    We don't know anything. Because the band is sitting on their hands and not releasing any information. I do know that they announced the renovations of Rofo arena nearly 4 months ago. If PJ was planning on keeping a concert in the Baltimore area, it seems to this dope that it would make more sense to announce the show, and re-allocate people tickets, than to cancel and make everyone go through the hassle of a lottery again. 
    Anyone holding out hope for 1pm?

JimmyV said:
    Every day man every single day. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    JimmyV said:
    Every Monday and Friday.  I dont think it will ever come mid-week.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    If Pearl Jam is playing Fenway Park this year, it has to be August 19 and 20th.  Those are the only two nights left where the city has a permit for a concert.  
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    rictus58 said:
    PJNB said:
    rictus58 said:
    We don't know anything. Because the band is sitting on their hands and not releasing any information. I do know that they announced the renovations of Rofo arena nearly 4 months ago. If PJ was planning on keeping a concert in the Baltimore area, it seems to this dope that it would make more sense to announce the show, and re-allocate people tickets, than to cancel and make everyone go through the hassle of a lottery again. 
    I get that complaint and the delay in finding out the inevitable cancelation announcement was hard to watch. This is coming from someone without tickets. We can only go on their word though that they will try to help out ticket holders in the future. 

Also i think canceling first makes sense if they are going the ballpark route. Cancel all then give the option at tickets to these people before everyone else for the ballpark show. If you do not want to go they do not waste time giving you a ticket for no reason. 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    PJNB said:
    rictus58 said:
    JimmyV said:
    rictus58 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ posted a fenway 2018 photo on social media today. Probably means nothing, but hard not to look into it when they have given us minimal other info!
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    If Pearl Jam is playing Fenway Park this year, it has to be August 19 and 20th.  Those are the only two nights left where the city has a permit for a concert.  

Back-to-back nights? :open_mouth: I mean, I'm down, but I got the impression that the band liked having a day off in between.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    JimmyV said:
    Every Monday and Friday.  I dont think it will ever come mid-week.
    I think 2/28 is going to be your day. 

PJNB said:
    rictus58 said:
    JimmyV said:
    rictus58 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJ posted a fenway 2018 photo on social media today. Probably means nothing, but hard not to look into it when they have given us minimal other info!
    The last two months they have posted Philly, Seattle, Missoula, MSG, and now Fenway. Aside from Missoula none of those cities surprise me for getting shows this year. 
    I thought there were September dates in play for Fenway. Are those gone?

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts

edited February 2022
    mpedone said:

Back-to-back nights? :open_mouth: I mean, I'm down, but I got the impression that the band liked having a day off in between.
    They do.  But right now, Fenway permits for concerts are as follows

June 7-8 - McCartney 7th, 8th open
    June 10 - Open
    July 1-2 - PJ in Europe
    July 14-16 - PJ in Europe
    August 5-6 - Def Leppard/Motley Crue (rescheduled)
    August 7 - Open
    August 18-20 - 18th Bad Bunny - 19th and 20th open
    September 8 - Aerosmith (rescheduled)
    September 10 - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Unless they opt for only 1 night at Fenway, but I highly doubt that is the case.  It's either August 19th and 20th, or one night, or no show at all.  But I will be shocked if the ballparks dont happen.  Once they play a ballpark in a city, theres no scaling back to an arena in my opinion.  I dont think Boston or Chicago will ever NOT be Wrigley and Fenway

https://www.boston.gov/public-notices/15784061
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    June 8 and 10th work too though I really doubt they split up the ballparks with Europe. 
    PJNB said:
    June 8 and 10th work too though I really doubt they split up the ballparks with Europe. 
    I had that thought about the 8th and 10th too, but I dont see them getting out of Boston and everything to Berlin and set up in 11 days
    Fenway has a Lady GaGa concert still to be rescheduled, and Billy Joel is likely to take one of the other open nights to continue his streak. Something like 6 or 7 years in a row. 

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    JimmyV said:
    Fenway has a Lady GaGa concert still to be rescheduled, and Billy Joel is likely to take one of the other open nights to continue his streak. Something like 6 or 7 years in a row. 
    Wasn’t posted on the Lady Gaga forum that she is playing their June 10th ? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Wasn’t posted on the Lady Gaga forum that she is playing their June 10th ? 
    Is that official? Fenway hasn't updated it on their concert page. They are usually quick about that and Sir Paul is already there. 

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts

• vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 883
    Not getting any PJ tour announcement until Eddie sells more tickets to his remaining shows.  Simple as that.
    vedpunk said:
    Not getting any PJ tour announcement until Eddie sells more tickets to his remaining shows.  Simple as that.
    Tour ends on the 27th, so sounds like 1 PM on the 28th to me
    Pearl Jam could announce tomorrow that all shows for the foreseeable future are cancelled and I still wouldn't be interested in buying a ticket for Ed's shows. Apples, oranges, and a business I am less and less enthused about supporting.