2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited February 2022
    JimmyV said:
    When does Ohana usually announce dates/lineups?
    Early to mid March usually but has been late April before too. 

I really see no chance at PJ being at Ohana this year. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    JimmyV said:
    In 2020 it was March 9th.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Early to mid March usually but has been late April before too. 

I really see no chance at PJ being at Ohana this year. 
    I don't think they are playing either, but I do think Ohana's announcement and Pearl Jam's announcement of dates are two things that will try to stay out of each other's way. I personally believe the only reason we don't have the rescheduled dates now is because of Ed's tour, so Ed's festival announcement is something to watch for. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Thanks - I remember that now. It was early in the day and then the spring postponement came that night. 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    I have a refundable hotel room in dana Point booked for what has been surmised could be the Encore weekend (if there is even an encore weekend this year). After watching the hotel wars last year, I decided to be proactive, just in case.
  • JimmyV said:
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Thanks - I remember that now. It was early in the day and then the spring postponement came that night. 
    A day that shall live in infamy.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    bbiggs said:
    The real question is, if they split up the rescheduled 2020 dates between May and a Fall leg, and add new shows to the May leg, how long before this thread goes nuclear? 
    You won't even have time to finish reading the press release. Honestly, though, this thread is going nuclear whatever happens.

I'm curious as to how many 10 Club members had seats and chose to get a refund. Is it enough to make a "reschedule" lottery worthwhile? I think it might actually be feasible to take all of the 10 Club seats and re-assign them to members who didn't get refunds, bumping everyone up a bit... Except that I think 10 Club members could sell their tickets in the F2F exchange. I guess those buyers would get a bump? I don't think any of that is going to happen - I think all the refunded seats will just go out to the general public. so get ready for "Seniority/loyalty doesn't mean anything!" posts.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    It would be nice if current 10c members got early access to F2F tickets before the general public.  I've got reserved 10c seats for Nashville and StL and I'll be trying to upgrade if I can. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    JojoRice said:
    It would be nice if current 10c members got early access to F2F tickets before the general public.  I've got reserved 10c seats for Nashville and StL and I'll be trying to upgrade if I can. 

Yeah early access would be nice. The fan2fan will still be face value, but the refunded 10 club seats could now be resold as $1000 platinum tickets. 

It’d be nice if those seats were back in a 10 club lottery but ticketmaster will probably want the mark up. 
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 123
    edited February 2022
    bbiggs said:
    The real question is, if they split up the rescheduled 2020 dates between May and a Fall leg, and add new shows to the May leg, how long before this thread goes nuclear? 
    I was just thinking, 'I bet they announce that the US leg isn't happening until late summer/fall, and people are going to lose their minds.' Then I came across your post. I think the very suggestion is enough for this thread to go nuclear. 

I'm going to the second EV show in Seattle next week. I have tickets to the Nashville PJ show that was scheduled an eon ago. My head tells me that the Nashville show will happen this year, but hard experience with PJ concerts tells me that those US dates might not happen at all. There is a much better chance of me seeing a band member at my local Target, or playing in one of their side projects at the Showbox, than there is of those US shows happening this spring. My advice to anyone who absolutely wants to see them this year is to get themselves to Europe.
    Post edited by Choska on
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

Choska said:
    bbiggs said:
    I was just thinking, 'I bet they announce that the US leg isn't happening until late summer/fall, and people are going to lose their minds.' Then I came across your post. I think the very suggestion is enough for this thread to go nuclear. 

I'm going to the second EV show in Seattle next week. I have tickets to the Nashville PJ show that was scheduled an eon ago. My head tells me that the Nashville show will happen this year, but hard experience with PJ concerts tells me that those US dates might not happen at all. My advice to anyone who absolutely wants to see them this year is to get themselves to Europe.
    I'll be surprised if the US dates don't happen, but...Ed's tour followed by a Spring leg followed by Europe followed by a Fall leg, with Ed at Ohana thrown in somewhere? That's an awful lot of time out on the road for this band based on recent history.  

• JimmyV said:
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    A day that shall live in infamy.  
    Seriously? 
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 567
    hoping the Earthlings do the Saturday at Ohana. RHCP would make sense this year too (again)
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    I believe pj will be at ohana. If ed is there, and he will, then pj can too. My guess,

May tour
    Europe as planned
    late summer stadiums, couple anyway
    Ohana late september
    fall tour

Why not?

• wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    hoping the Earthlings do the Saturday at Ohana. RHCP would make sense this year too (again)
    It'd be nice if Kings of Leon could make a return since they were unable to appear last year. 
  • Someone pointed out a few days ago that a couple of shows that used to be at the front of the TM placeholder list moved to the back.  I think it was Ottawa and St Louis.  I just noticed Toronto and Hamilton have now joined the back of the line.  Could be random or could mean something. Who knows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Imagine if the tour dates turn out to be pretty much the same line up/order as the original and all in May/June, and the last 40 pages of hope and speculation have all been for nothing. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,080
    We know that PJ has a strong traveling following, where most concert tickets are sold directly to fan club members who travel to multiple shows. 

Say they finally do make the announcement, and rescheduled dates are only a month out.

Is Pearl Jam still a big enough draw to sell out an arena show, in a month's time, without the benefit of traveling fans? I think they could, similar to the Foo Fighters shows earlier this year, but only in certain markets. However, FF get a lot more radio play and seem to be currently more relevant to the general public than PJ, so they could struggle in areas like Denver and St. Louis. 

It will be interesting if this happens. 
  • cardosocardoso Posts: 1,504
    cardoso said:
    The question are, will have a new round go GA tickets drawn?
    For the people who held onto their tickets for so long, it’d be nice if we got the chance to move up to GA or snag better seats that people got refunds for. Probably would be a nightmare for them, just wishful thinking. 
    Agree
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  Indianapolis, USA 27.08.2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,008
    DEGBTI said:
    I believe pj will be at ohana. If ed is there, and he will, then pj can too. My guess,

May tour
    Europe as planned
    Ohana late september
    fall tour

Why not?

If Fall tour be Canadian dates, I'm all for this. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    demetrios said:
    DEGBTI said:

May tour
    Europe as planned
    Ohana late september
    fall tour

Why not?

If Fall tour be Canadian dates, I'm all for this. 
    Especially if they add a second show in Toronto and one in London 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • I have thought for a long time that new dates would be added into the postponed shows.. yes they have sat on our money for 2 years, but they might also need new money to make it all work and pay any higher fees and insurance that has come up post CV.. Plus the cities are spread out and filling those holes and say you are going from Oakland to now Portland and something fucks up a date you can double back since you're still close. Just would need some buffer to ensure. There were legs on postponed tour of 700 miles in some cases,.I can see one coast May ( probably west) and east coast in Fall. Canada is still a bit unknown and they were more tight on capacity having just know opened to full cap. I see west in May ( if there is a May) for two reasons, PHX, SD, OAK, even LA has not had a PJ show since 2013, Ohana and Eddie solo not included.. and none of those Arenas have sport team conflicts, Only PHX has a hockey team and they are in last place and will not make the playoffs. ..  MSG has NBA, and NHL, STL-NHL, NAS- NHL, DEN NHL and NBA, OKC NBA.. Just more to conflict with. 
  • I have thought for a long time that new dates would be added into the postponed shows.. yes they have sat on our money for 2 years, but they might also need new money to make it all work and pay any higher fees and insurance that has come up post CV.. Plus the cities are spread out and filling those holes and say you are going from Oakland to now Portland and something fucks up a date you can double back since you're still close. Just would need some buffer to ensure. There were legs on postponed tour of 700 miles in some cases,.I can see one coast May ( probably west) and east coast in Fall. Canada is still a bit unknown and they were more tight on capacity having just know opened to full cap. I see west in May ( if there is a May) for two reasons, PHX, SD, OAK, even LA has not had a PJ show since 2013, Ohana and Eddie solo not included.. and none of those Arenas have sport team conflicts, Only PHX has a hockey team and they are in last place and will not make the playoffs. ..  MSG has NBA, and NHL, STL-NHL, NAS- NHL, DEN NHL and NBA, OKC NBA.. Just more to conflict with. 
    Logic makes sense.  I don't think Calif is hurting for shows tho.  Two Ohana weekends featuring 2 EV and 3 PJ sets and now next weekend 2 Earthlings.  I know it's not the same as a full arena show but it's more than anywhere else on the planet has had since 2018 by a country mile.  Anyway whatever the plan is, it's high time to share it! 

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Paul McCartney just announced a tour for Spring. Hope it doesn’t create conflicts once PJ finally announces. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    Paul McCartney just announced a tour for Spring. Hope it doesn’t create conflicts once PJ finally announces. 
    See that. Also he is the mystery Fenway act that fills the June 7th date that we saw on the permits request page. 
    They are really going to wait until after Ed's high-priced Platinum tour and give people who bought these tickets two years ago the shortest window possible to make their arrangements. 

• MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    I hope they do postpone to next year cause its already almost march and its gonna be hard to start making traveling plans for May,  Plus there's a bunch of other things i wanna do this year.  I can't put my life on hold for the  "rescheduled tour announcement"
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    JimmyV said:
    They are really going to wait until after Ed's high-priced Platinum tour and give people who bought these tickets two years ago the shortest window possible to make their arrangements. 
    Yep. Touring the last 10+ years has always been for the convenience of the band.  Lucky them, but they forget they have customers that pay for their ability to do whatever they want.  It is a two way street.  
  • What I’m gathering is you can get a refund until a certain date.   Don’t recall as I’m not looking for refund.   You can get a refund up until that day or until the tour is rescheduled.   So if they announce the rescheduled dates before the date listed to get refund that will negate the refund date.   So people will complain.   We won’t hear anything till after refund date is passed.   
    What I’m gathering is you can get a refund until a certain date.   Don’t recall as I’m not looking for refund.   You can get a refund up until that day or until the tour is rescheduled.   So if they announce the rescheduled dates before the date listed to get refund that will negate the refund date.   So people will complain.   We won’t hear anything till after refund date is passed.   
    Is there an official refund date? I thought 10C tickets did not have a date you needed to be refunded by. I know Europe is April 1st.

I do not see them being sneaky trying to get people to not have a refund window by announcing dates after that window if that is what you are implying. There will most definitely be a window given to us once the dates are announced. 

I think Pearl Jam management are going to be a bit disappointed with the sales at some of these May shows the further into the year we get with no dates.