2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Most flight tickets are changeable these days and hotels can be booked with free cancellation.  Sure there could be a cancellation on the day of a show and you can’t control that but usually there would be at least 24 hours notice which should be enough to change flights etc.  Even this SD thing had over 24 hours notice.  Bring on the dates!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    Hometown shows and shows within a relatively short drive are my focus this year.  The furthest distance show I'm holding tickets to I'll be able to hang with family and friends if the show cancels.  I plan on traveling (flight/hotel) for one show only once dates are announced and will hope it goes as planned, but if not, its a fun city to visit regardless.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,942
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I agree, seems pretty grueling for them these days, but then again if they play shorter setlists, maybe. 
    Gotta think the shorter sets are coming sadly. 
    Shorter sets in terms of total time, yes, but not necessarily less songs. Just less extending into jams (sorry Boom), like they did in Ohana. Closer to studio versions. Let’s say 4 minutes on average per song. Fits easily 12 of them per hour with some time and chatter in between songs. If lucky between 25-27 songs. 

Extension of songs helps give Ed’s voice a break though and 25-27 songs a night for any other band would be great. For these guys that is a short set. 

At one of the Fenway shows (I think night 2 in 2016) he mentioned that his crowd chatter is to help him catch his breath, so fewer songs, but more Ed chatter. If that means more tales like the one from Tampa 2016 about joyriding in the cars he was supposed to be valet parking, I'm okay with it.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • bbiggs said:
    Hometown shows and shows within a relatively short drive are my focus this year.  
    Agreed.

This Tool tour will likely be an aberration for me, at least for 2022... Outside of it, I think I'll be sticking to local shows, unless something major comes up. 

It's not just the uncertainty of covid that has me thinking like this... I travelled a LOT for shows between 2011 & 2019, and after 3 decades of seeing live shows, my interests may be changing. Being in large groups of people is less and less fun as I get older. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,136
    Not buying any tickets when they go on sale is the new way! And just wait till day of show walk up buy at face..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,079
    GlowGirl said:
    The only Europe show I have right now is Prague. I have never been there and have already planned a 10 day vacation to visit different places in the Czech Republic with a friend of mine who lives in Paris. I will be bummed if something happens with the show. But I plan on having a great time visiting the country anyway. 
    My wife and I went to the Prague show in 2018, spent 5 days there and had a great time. Enjoy. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    I am picking a city that if PJ cancels I will still have an amazing trip. No regrets either way and once the dates are announced I feel confident enough because of that to go all in without worrying about it. 
    Yup, that’s why we’re full steam ahead with California.  If any show gets postponed we will hit more baseball games or the beach. 
    That’s exactly why I decided to pull the trigger on my trip to Ohana (encore) last fall. I knew there was a chance the shows could be postponed if someone in the band/crew got covid, but I planned a short vacation around it so that I would have a blast either way. Fortunately it all worked out- I spent a few days in LA seeing friends and then drove down for the festival. But if the shows hadn’t gone forward as planned, I still would’ve had a great time. And I think that’s the attitude you have to have if you’re traveling to see shows these days- you go in knowing there’s a risk the shows won’t happen, so you plan a vacation around it. So I’d definitely recommend picking a place where you’d like to spend a few days for vacation, regardless of whether you get to see the show. Think of it as a regular vacation where you get to hang out, see the sights, etc., and hopefully catch a PJ show in the midst of. Not a vacation solely for the purpose of seeing a PJ show.   
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,560
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I agree, seems pretty grueling for them these days, but then again if they play shorter setlists, maybe. 
    Shorter sets in terms of total time, yes, but not necessarily less songs. Just less extending into jams (sorry Boom), like they did in Ohana. Closer to studio versions. Let’s say 4 minutes on average per song. Fits easily 12 of them per hour with some time and chatter in between songs. If lucky between 25-27 songs. 

Extension of songs helps give Ed’s voice a break though and 25-27 songs a night for any other band would be great. For these guys that is a short set. 

At one of the Fenway shows (I think night 2 in 2016) he mentioned that his crowd chatter is to help him catch his breath, so fewer songs, but more Ed chatter. If that means more tales like the one from Tampa 2016 about joyriding in the cars he was supposed to be valet parking, I'm okay with it.
    ALL-TIME great story, and another reason why you can't sleep on Tampa shows. They're 4 for 4, as a far as arenas go.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    Not buying any tickets when they go on sale is the new way! And just wait till day of show walk up buy at face..

Winner, winner.  This is the way for the foreseeable future for most shows. 
    I mean the last two shows that I attended (Ohana and EV Chi), which were the first two shows I had gone to since Covid began, I literally could have gotten a free ticket from several people giving them away the day of the show.  That is pretty telling.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    bbiggs said:
    I mean the last two shows that I attended (Ohana and EV Chi), which were the first two shows I had gone to since Covid began, I literally could have gotten a free ticket from several people giving them away the day of the show.  That is pretty telling.
    Face to fan changes that for sure though. Hard to predict how things play out with some of the cities this spring. All of them were sellouts in 2020 and it will be interesting to see how it goes this time. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,806
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    Face to fan changes that for sure though. Hard to predict how things play out with some of the cities this spring. All of them were sellouts in 2020 and it will be interesting to see how it goes this time. 
    I completely believe that for every show besides MSG, you will be able to get tickets very easily, and most people will even be able to land good seats, not just in the door seats.  This belief also gets stronger with every day they hold off on announcing the dates.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,806
    This has been my plan for every show since the pandemic and I have a 100% success rate
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    Does not really feel like today is the day again does it… Would be nice to maybe get a keep your membership up to date announcement or something to get the ball rolling!
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    PJNB said:
    Does not really feel like today is the day again does it… Would be nice to maybe get a keep your membership up to date announcement or something to get the ball rolling!
    It doesn't feel like the day, which is why it would be great if they just drop the hammer. Let the chaos begin.
  • No way it will be today.  Hoping for Feb 28 week.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Someone said Feb 30th.   Makes sense to me . 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    This has been my plan for every show since the pandemic and I have a 100% success rate
    As seniority becomes less and less of a factor and if Platinum TM is the way of the future, this may be correct.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    D-Rod said:
    Someone said Feb 30th.   Makes sense to me . 
    That would fall under the week of Feb 28th so maybe you are on to something. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Not new in any way, but I've always found it interesting that Fenway kept this link active all this time. 

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts/pearl-jam

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,942
    Go Animal said:
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

ALL-TIME great story, and another reason why you can't sleep on Tampa shows. They're 4 for 4, as a far as arenas go.

Yeah, we got lucky in that we happened to be in town the weekend leading up to that show, and figured, "Why not?" Such a great night.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    NJ,DC,Charlottesville,Raleigh.
  • Noload said:
    As seniority becomes less and less of a factor and if Platinum TM is the way of the future, this may be correct.
    So bye bye 10c or will there be enough people that stick around because of the limited merch? There isn't any other reason that I can think of. 10c tickets is why most people are members.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Noload said:
    So bye bye 10c or will there be enough people that stick around because of the limited merch? There isn't any other reason that I can think of. 10c tickets is why most people are members.
    If anything 10 club will be more important if they do platinum/dynamic pricing. 

Win the lottery, ticket is $100. Lose and the same quality ticket from Ticketmaster $500+
    uglybabo said:
    Noload said:

Win the lottery, ticket is $100. Lose and the same quality ticket from Ticketmaster $500+
    Not necessarily.  That $500+ ticket that doesn't end up selling becomes a $100 ticket closer to show time and potentially in a better seat than some of the 10C seating. 

• What happened to EV Platinum tickets is not going to translate to PJ tickets if they decided to do Platinum. The demand is there. They will sell out in seconds. Not even a question.
    What happened to EV Platinum tickets is not going to translate to PJ tickets if they decided to do Platinum. The demand is there. They will sell out in seconds. Not even a question.
    Not for all venues.  Some markets will have far less demand, especially in this new Covid live music world we now live in.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,943
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:
    Noload said:

Not necessarily.  That $500+ ticket that doesn't end up selling becomes a $100 ticket closer to show time and potentially in a better seat than some of the 10C seating. 

What are seats?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,943
    bbiggs said:
    What happened to EV Platinum tickets is not going to translate to PJ tickets if they decided to do Platinum. The demand is there. They will sell out in seconds. Not even a question.
    Not for all venues.  Some markets will have far less demand, especially in this new Covid live music world we now live in.

Not a chance this current situation is permanent.
    edited February 2022
    Agreed. Look at how the charity tickets sold too. Ya they are for charity but they mimic how platinum sales will go with the dynamic pricing they used. Some took awhile and had some price drops but all charity tickets sold as far as I remember. Some even sold for more than the previous price point too moving that price up and up. 

Then again covid has messed with the formula and what happened before might not happen now. 
    Post edited by PJNB on