Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mrussel1 said:
    https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/07/18/5522-people-have-died-within-28-days-of-having-a-covid-19-vaccine-in-scotland-according-to-public-health-scotland/

5,522 people have died within 28 days of having a Covid-19 Vaccine in Scotland according to Public Health Scotland

According to the spreadsheet provided by Public Health Scotland; which includes the quantity of deaths by type of vaccine and the date they occurred, 1,877 deaths have been due to the Pfizer mRNA jab, 3,643 deaths have been due to the AstraZeneca viral vector jab, and 2 deaths have been due to the Moderna mRNA jab.

This equates to an average of 920 deaths occurring every month due to the Covid-19 vaccines in Scotland alone. Outnumbering the average number of people who have died of Covid-19 in Scotland by 866 per month.

Also, closer to home...  The number was 6,000 last week.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

• Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 338 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 12,313 reports of death (0.0036%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
    This is the classic correlation, not causation situation.  From what is here, you can not declare that the cause of death within 28 days was the vaccine.  People die all the time, every day.  Scotland's vax rate is over 50%.  So comparing deaths of vaccinated people to COVID 19 deaths (which this paper did), is the very definition of misinformation.  It's misleading, unclear and leads people to draw unsubstantiated conclusions.  

Were I the moderator, I would take down this post or at least mark it as misinformation.  @gvn2fly1421 - this is a serious question.  Do you critically think about what you post before you post it, or are you just grabbing links?  How could you think this isn't misleading?
    And you see no problem with how covid deaths were counted, correct?  30-60 days after a positive test if you passed away it was counted as a covid death.  You see no issue with that, yet would like to label the links above as misinformation?  I posted numerous links of gunshot victims, motorcycle crashes, etc. all counted as covid deaths, yet you are ok with that because it fits the narrative your party would like it to fit.  
    Okay so you're arguing that COVID isn't dangerous, and the path to that argument is spreading other misinformation.  Do I have that right?  
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    The daily expose?  For fuck sakes.  What a fucking joke.  Does not matter what the thread name is.  This thread is classic Facebook bullshit…nice going.
    Is a link to the Public Health of Scotland better, Francis?  Which by the way, the article clearly links.

https://publichealthscotland.scot/publications/covid-19-statistical-report/covid-19-statistical-report-23-june-2021/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    changed any minds yet? might thought too busy living life but here we are
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The daily expose?  For fuck sakes.  What a fucking joke.  Does not matter what the thread name is.  This thread is classic Facebook bullshit…nice going.
    Is a link to the Public Health of Scotland better, Francis?  Which by the way, the article clearly links.

https://publichealthscotland.scot/publications/covid-19-statistical-report/covid-19-statistical-report-23-june-2021/
    No one argued that the numbers were wrong, it's the conclusion.  Think before you post man.  Try to think critically.  
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/07/18/5522-people-have-died-within-28-days-of-having-a-covid-19-vaccine-in-scotland-according-to-public-health-scotland/

5,522 people have died within 28 days of having a Covid-19 Vaccine in Scotland according to Public Health Scotland

According to the spreadsheet provided by Public Health Scotland; which includes the quantity of deaths by type of vaccine and the date they occurred, 1,877 deaths have been due to the Pfizer mRNA jab, 3,643 deaths have been due to the AstraZeneca viral vector jab, and 2 deaths have been due to the Moderna mRNA jab.

This equates to an average of 920 deaths occurring every month due to the Covid-19 vaccines in Scotland alone. Outnumbering the average number of people who have died of Covid-19 in Scotland by 866 per month.

• Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 338 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 12,313 reports of death (0.0036%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
    Another lovely find. 
    1) Nowhere in the data does it state that the the deaths were due to these vaccines, or even CoVID-19! The "Daily Expose"/"daily crock of shit" decided to add that statement in themselves.
    2) Nowhere in this article does it state the anticipated number of deaths over this period of time, nor that these are excess deaths (i.e. amount of fatalities above the anticipated amount across a society)

Until these two questions are answered, what is one supposed to get out of your post?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532

Awesome thread.

Great job, mods. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is the classic correlation, not causation situation.  From what is here, you can not declare that the cause of death within 28 days was the vaccine.  People die all the time, every day.  Scotland's vax rate is over 50%.  So comparing deaths of vaccinated people to COVID 19 deaths (which this paper did), is the very definition of misinformation.  It's misleading, unclear and leads people to draw unsubstantiated conclusions.  

Were I the moderator, I would take down this post or at least mark it as misinformation.  @gvn2fly1421 - this is a serious question.  Do you critically think about what you post before you post it, or are you just grabbing links?  How could you think this isn't misleading?
    And you see no problem with how covid deaths were counted, correct?  30-60 days after a positive test if you passed away it was counted as a covid death.  You see no issue with that, yet would like to label the links above as misinformation?  I posted numerous links of gunshot victims, motorcycle crashes, etc. all counted as covid deaths, yet you are ok with that because it fits the narrative your party would like it to fit.  
    Okay so you're arguing that COVID isn't dangerous, and the path to that argument is spreading other misinformation.  Do I have that right?  
    For me, obviously one of the vaccine hesitant, I am arguing that there is a risk for me either way, catching the virus or getting the vaccine.  Now, I feel both of those risks would be small to me, considering I am a relatively healthy under 40 male.  I have chosen to forgo the vaccine until we have some real, long term data showing me that the vaccine is truly "safe and effective".  

Imagine with me something so "safe and effective" that we have to be told over and over again how safe and effective it is.  The safety is obviously up in the air with all the side effects and possible death related to it, and the effectiveness is questionable as well seeing as how all of these people are catching the virus and still spreading it and still having their lives disrupted.  

And because I have been here numerous times on this board, I know what comes next...  But the vaccine will reduce the symptoms of covid.  Right, the same virus that most people do not even know they have.  Those symptoms.  Again, I think most on this board think if you get covid you are either going to the hospital for an extended trip or going to die, both of which are so low odds of happening, let's say the same chance of having something bad happen when taking the vaccine, that I personally would rather take my chance with the virus.

I honestly do not see why my stance is so controversial to the point of being called names.  And also, imagine wanting to be the keeper of what data/information gets published and what doesn't...  Yikes, now that is scary...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Awesome thread.

Great job, mods. 
    Yup, no shit! Another new one next week?

Third time, charm, yada yada ;)
  • Options

You're amongst a great audience on that site, btw. Check out Sorcha's posts on the comments here - https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/07/20/covid-vaccines-are-killing-people-at-a-79-higher-rate-than-covid-19-in-the-uk-according-to-statistics/

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,679
    One side posts conspiracy theories and deliberate misinformation and the other fact based science. Same-same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    Kat said:
    Kat said:
    Thank you, RunIntoTheRain. It's important that we're not spreading misinformation here. 
    For the record Kat, I was not trying to spread misinformation at all.  At one time, everything I posted was true.  Until, it wasn't. 
    We're aware of that. If there is a next time, please be sure to correct or edit your post or make a new post or request your post be deleted with us so we don't need to do the correcting. Thank you.
    I didn't know a correction was made until I saw the post above, which I thought did a good job of updating my original post.  

Kind of dangerous being the misinformation police IMO.  At what point will the line be drawn?  Cincy's post above seems to be misinformation.  Will an update be coming to that?
    My suggestion to all is to just stop engaging with you.  We know where you stand and vice versa.  You can believe what you want and you’re free to make decisions for yourself.  

Pretty sure that’s Kat’s job 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    in before the lock
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    why don't we just post articles from imjustaskingquestionsman.com....

and we wonder why we are not further along in our coming out of this thing.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

For me, obviously one of the vaccine hesitant, I am arguing that there is a risk for me either way, catching the virus or getting the vaccine.  Now, I feel both of those risks would be small to me, considering I am a relatively healthy under 40 male.  I have chosen to forgo the vaccine until we have some real, long term data showing me that the vaccine is truly "safe and effective".  

Imagine with me something so "safe and effective" that we have to be told over and over again how safe and effective it is.  The safety is obviously up in the air with all the side effects and possible death related to it, and the effectiveness is questionable as well seeing as how all of these people are catching the virus and still spreading it and still having their lives disrupted.  

And because I have been here numerous times on this board, I know what comes next...  But the vaccine will reduce the symptoms of covid.  Right, the same virus that most people do not even know they have.  Those symptoms.  Again, I think most on this board think if you get covid you are either going to the hospital for an extended trip or going to die, both of which are so low odds of happening, let's say the same chance of having something bad happen when taking the vaccine, that I personally would rather take my chance with the virus.

I honestly do not see why my stance is so controversial to the point of being called names.  And also, imagine wanting to be the keeper of what data/information gets published and what doesn't...  Yikes, now that is scary...
    Forgo the vaccine you say?  In the coronavirus thread you got closed, you stated:

" Like I said, I am fully vaccinated now and a lot of it is your analysis.  So many thanks!"

Or am I reading one of these posts wrong? Cause you can't be vaccinated and have "chosen to forgo the vaccine"
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    in before the lock
    Why? This is one aspect of "interneting" that I'll just never understand; the people that need to be "in before the lock." Well you're in. Good to have ya. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Forgo the vaccine you say?  In the coronavirus thread you got closed, you stated:

" Like I said, I am fully vaccinated now and a lot of it is your analysis.  So many thanks!"

Or am I reading one of these posts wrong? Cause you can't be vaccinated and have "chosen to forgo the vaccine"
    I thought my sarcasm meter was off the charts with posts like...

"BTW, for those wondering, I am fully vaccinated now.  I would show you my card but I only posted it to my Facebook.  Took one shot of Pfizer and one Moderna.  Ready for the Pfizer booster in 4-6 months and may get the J&J in a few weeks for extra protection!"

or...

"
    To help spur a vaccine drive for my area, very redneck-y if you catch my drift, I am going to do several raffles.  Guns, booze, American flags, truck nuts, the works.  I will report back in several weeks and let y'all know how I do.  Just trying to spread the word on the power of the vaccine.  I really didn't even experience any side effects, just couldn't use my right arm for three days, which was really weird.  You know like when you get dental work and they numb your mouth and your lips feel like they are droopy.  That's what my right arm felt like.  The weird part was I got the jab in the left arm.  Oh well, I am rambling now. "

...but apparently it was not clear enough.  BTW, how is that 401k looking?  Probably not much different than two days ago when you blamed the "Unvaxxed-holes" or was it "Antivax-holes" for your retirement savings being depleted.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This post is reasonable; however, the 'evidence' you choose to share is misinformation and unreasonable.  While many here can probably understand vaccine hesitant (while not agreeing with it), posting bullshit is level deeper.  That's attempting to either justify or influence others using poor reasoning and conclusions.  That's what pisses people off (at least that's what pisses me off).  And I'm only pissed off because I know there are lots of people who read these posts without commenting.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No issue with your choice to remain unvaccinated...issue is when you willfully and knowingly post misleading as well as out right false information as you have done on a number of occasions.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    A co-worker of mine says she knows three fully-vaccinated people that caught COVID and were hospitalized. I wonder if that's the Delta Variant at work. Is there any data out there suggesting that vaccinated people being hospitalized is due to the variant? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Part of the problem is your source material and how you present it.

If you want to be un-vaxxed that's your choice.
    However, it is a selfish act with no consideration for those around you.
    What we do know is that if you are vaccinated you have a much greater chance of not getting sick even with a positive test.
    We also know by not getting vaccinated you have a greater chance of death for yourself and those around you.
    Life is about the choices we make.
    Some live and die because of their choices.

Namaste
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I feel you're getting cause and effect mixed up in the "safe and effective" narrative. Fringe and nonsensical thoughts like microchipping vaccines, the entire CoVID virus being a labelled a Democrat hoax, the manufactured fight between freedom and health, and a POTUS who amplified these ideas, created an environment that demanded the narrative be spoken loudly in order to be heard.

EV
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,691
    Zod said:
    tish said:
    ^^ Their experts said the low level of illness not worth risk of myocarditis-periocarditis unless immunocompromised.

30 UK children died to date.

Edit: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-issues-advice-on-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-and-young-people

tish said:
    ^^ Their experts said the low level of illness not worth risk of myocarditis-periocarditis unless immunocompromised.

30 UK children died to date.

Edit: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-issues-advice-on-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-and-young-people

I suppose the challenge is that getting to herd immunity is almost impossible if kids aren't vaccinated.  Here in Canada we seem to be topping out at 80% for people over the age of 12.. but for the whole population I think that's less than 70% so not enough for herd immunity, which does mean the virus would keep circulating around the unvaccinated, probably mutate and increases the odds of a vaccine resistant strain?

It's a pretty tough thing.  The argument in that article assumes nothing changes.. but it there are risks in not try to stamp out the virus as much as you can?
    You make a good point about how the article assumes no changes (due to future variants). I wonder though, when vaccines are available to 6-9, does adding my child to the % of vaccinated help herd, if this is only achieved in Canada and not the states or poorer countries?

Is this a better choice than leaving that vaccine for someone more at-risk elsewhere in the world?

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

"BTW, for those wondering, I am fully vaccinated now.  I would show you my card but I only posted it to my Facebook.  Took one shot of Pfizer and one Moderna.  Ready for the Pfizer booster in 4-6 months and may get the J&J in a few weeks for extra protection!"

or...

"To help spur a vaccine drive for my area, very redneck-y if you catch my drift, I am going to do several raffles.  Guns, booze, American flags, truck nuts, the works.  I will report back in several weeks and let y'all know how I do.  Just trying to spread the word on the power of the vaccine.  I really didn't even experience any side effects, just couldn't use my right arm for three days, which was really weird.  You know like when you get dental work and they numb your mouth and your lips feel like they are droopy.  That's what my right arm felt like.  The weird part was I got the jab in the left arm.  Oh well, I am rambling now. "

...but apparently it was not clear enough.  BTW, how is that 401k looking?  Probably not much different than two days ago when you blamed the "Unvaxxed-holes" or was it "Antivax-holes" for your retirement savings being depleted.  

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Ha! 
  • Options
    mrussell and poncier, thank you!  

The thing with the information I post though, is that is how I form my opinion.  I am getting blasted over this Scotland data, which is literally linked to the Public Health site and data in the article.  The way I understand the issue you have mrussell is how that data is being interpreted, in that they are counting vaccine deaths as any death within 28 days of the vaccine being administered.  I am trying to say that is how covid deaths have been counted this whole time so why not count the vaccine deaths the same?

• Options
    A co-worker of mine says she knows three fully-vaccinated people that caught COVID and were hospitalized. I wonder if that's the Delta Variant at work. Is there any data out there suggesting that vaccinated people being hospitalized is due to the variant? 
    For me, and I know others will quickly correct me, I feel like this data is being.... "hidden" for lack of a better word.  No, I am not going full conspiracy (and I have never once mentioned a Mircochip, EVER!) but how come we are not getting more of these stories.  They are out there, but you have to look.  The only stories I get on my local news and I kind of alluded to it earlier, are how "safe and effective" it is.  I feel like the media is very one sided on the issue of the safety of the vaccine.
  • Options

The thing with the information I post though, is that is how I form my opinion.  I am getting blasted over this Scotland data, which is literally linked to the Public Health site and data in the article.  The way I understand the issue you have mrussell is how that data is being interpreted, in that they are counting vaccine deaths as any death within 28 days of the vaccine being administered.  I am trying to say that is how covid deaths have been counted this whole time so why not count the vaccine deaths the same?

I don't believe that any death occurring within 60 days of a positive test is counted as COVID.  Where are you sourcing that information?  If COVID were not actually connected to the death, we would not have seen a 15.9% age adjusted increase in mortality in 2020 compared to 2019.  If your hypothesis is correct, the mortality rate would not have increased at all.  
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I feel you're getting cause and effect mixed up in the "safe and effective" narrative. Fringe and nonsensical thoughts like microchipping vaccines, the entire CoVID virus being a labelled a Democrat hoax, the manufactured fight between freedom and health, and a POTUS who amplified these ideas, created an environment that demanded the narrative be spoken loudly in order to be heard.
    For the record, and please send the fact-checkers, I have never mentioned a microchip.  That is completely stupid.  We agree.

Both sides have made this political.  I posted a mashup the other day of Biden and Harris doubting the vaccine.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

or...

"To help spur a vaccine drive for my area, very redneck-y if you catch my drift, I am going to do several raffles.  Guns, booze, American flags, truck nuts, the works.  I will report back in several weeks and let y'all know how I do.  Just trying to spread the word on the power of the vaccine.  I really didn't even experience any side effects, just couldn't use my right arm for three days, which was really weird.  You know like when you get dental work and they numb your mouth and your lips feel like they are droopy.  That's what my right arm felt like.  The weird part was I got the jab in the left arm.  Oh well, I am rambling now. "

Sure it’s tough to read through all your awful posts. But the quote I took that from wasn’t any of those posts.

And again, it wasn’t about 1 day. It’s about what is to come. We saw what happened the last time coronavirus was widespread. How can you not get that? Are you purposefully being dense? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I don't believe that any death occurring within 60 days of a positive test is counted as COVID.  Where are you sourcing that information?  If COVID were not actually connected to the death, we would not have seen a 15.9% age adjusted increase in mortality in 2020 compared to 2019.  If your hypothesis is correct, the mortality rate would not have increased at all.  
    Oregon...  https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/BIRTHDEATHCERTIFICATES/VITALSTATISTICS/DEATH/Pages/reporting-covid-deaths.aspx

Categorization of an Oregon COVID death

In Oregon a death is reported as a COVID death if:

• The death is of a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case within 60 days of the earliest available date among exposure to a confirmed case, onset of symptoms, or date of specimen collection for the first positive test; or
    • The death results from any cause in a hospitalized person during admission or in the 60 days following discharge AND a COVID-19-positive laboratory diagnostic test at any time since14 days prior to hospitalization; or
    • The death is of someone with a COVID-19-specific ICD-10 code listed as a primary or contributing cause of death on a death certificate, regardless of the dates of diagnosis or death.

While not 60 days, I love this video of the Illinois Director of Public Health being completely honest.

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-director-explains-how-covid-deaths-are-classified/

""If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined."
This discussion has been closed.