Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    Two shots now. I AM A GOLDEN GOD
    Dont want to piss on the parade but people here are still very ill with 2. But i commend you as one of us now.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    static111 said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I'd like to think that channels you, me, and millions of others...we all wrote it.
    That piece’ll really have an effect on those who’ve elected to not get vaxxed.
    Because those who've elected not to get vaxxed are just waiting for a nicely written piece to politely convince them? 

I get the point you're trying to make, but OTOH, the majority of Americans who have taken the vaccine and want to be done with this pandemic are fed the fuck up with the vaccine resistors, and it's past time we stop coddling them like children. 
    Forgive my ignorance.  Speaking as a fully vaccinated person my understanding is that the vaccines won’t stop the pandemic, just keep you from getting very sick and dying.  So if the virus still passes amongst the vaccinated and non vaccinated and with billions of unvaccinated people worldwide, how will everyone in the United States being vaccinated stop the pandemic.  And honestly if it is just a pandemic of the unvaccinated let the chips fall where they may

You should read up on the burden the unvaccinated are putting on our health care system, and more specifically the health care workers on the frontlines. 
    Yup. I’m in need of getting a shoulder fixed. It’s not an emergency, but it needs to be done sometime. My doctor has basically told me over the past year to just live with a bum arm until the COVID shit subsides. Plus, who wants to go to a hospital that’s full of horse paste eaters? Not me.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    my company finally came out with vaccine mandate today for all customer facing staff. meaning any sales reps, managers, marketing staff, r&d staff, anybody that may set foot inside a hospital or surgery center for any reason must be fully vaccinated by nov 30 or be fired. prior to today it had been optional due to company hq being in florida.

i guess we are losing too many sales because covid is not going away and hospitals in this country are too full with unvaccinated covid patients to do any elective surgery.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    my company finally came out with vaccine mandate today for all customer facing staff. meaning any sales reps, managers, marketing staff, r&d staff, anybody that may set foot inside a hospital or surgery center for any reason must be fully vaccinated by nov 30 or be fired. prior to today it had been optional due to company hq being in florida.

i guess we are losing too many sales because covid is not going away and hospitals in this country are too full with unvaccinated covid patients to do any elective surgery.
    I don't think employees from my company ever set foot in a hospital, except for maybe research. Still, we mandated vaccinations for all employees based in our US offices about a month ago, even for folks working from home.

Ain't fucking around.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    dankind said:

I don't think employees from my company ever set foot in a hospital, except for maybe research. Still, we mandated vaccinations for all employees based in our US offices about a month ago, even for folks working from home.

Ain't fucking around.
    My company is about to do the same thing & I am all for it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    static111 said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I'd like to think that channels you, me, and millions of others...we all wrote it.
    Because those who've elected not to get vaxxed are just waiting for a nicely written piece to politely convince them? 

I get the point you're trying to make, but OTOH, the majority of Americans who have taken the vaccine and want to be done with this pandemic are fed the fuck up with the vaccine resistors, and it's past time we stop coddling them like children. 
    Forgive my ignorance.  Speaking as a fully vaccinated person my understanding is that the vaccines won’t stop the pandemic, just keep you from getting very sick and dying.  So if the virus still passes amongst the vaccinated and non vaccinated and with billions of unvaccinated people worldwide, how will everyone in the United States being vaccinated stop the pandemic.  And honestly if it is just a pandemic of the unvaccinated let the chips fall where they may
    I don't think this is true.  The vaccine does pass to and from vaxed but at a much lower rate.  So if the rate is say... 20%... it could really reduce to almost nothing. It will come back seasonally for sure though.  But again,  having a community at 70% vaccinated can reduce the spread greatly. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    it's harder to pass the virus to others if you are vaxxed, because:

-it lessens/can lessen the viral load in people with breakthrough cases
    -it spreads easier through symptomatic people (sneezes go a lot farther than just speaking normally), so if most people who are vaccinated remain asymptomatic, the less the spread. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

-- It's McSweeney's, not The Atlantic;

-- The author says it's targeted at two groups, and if someone sent it to you and you're not vaccinated, at least one person still cares about you;

-- Even my mother-in--law, who might be the nicest person in the country, has choice words for people who are refusing the vaccine. The frustration is real.

hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Sometimes you just have to vent...
    bingo bango bongo. some just choose to shit on everything they see. 
    Please, get over yourself.

Merkin, I appreciate your response. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

-- It's McSweeney's, not The Atlantic;

-- The author says it's targeted at two groups, and if someone sent it to you and you're not vaccinated, at least one person still cares about you;

-- Even my mother-in--law, who might be the nicest person in the country, has choice words for people who are refusing the vaccine. The frustration is real.

hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Sometimes you just have to vent...
    bingo bango bongo. some just choose to shit on everything they see. 
    Please, get over yourself.

Merkin, I appreciate your response. 
    what, you don't like the game bingo bango bongo?

https://golf.com/lifestyle/how-to-play-bingo-bango-bongo/

you should try it out sometime. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited September 2021
    New poll results taken earlier this year show 90% of scientists believe that COVID-19 will remain with us in some way forever and become endemic

I’ve felt this way almost since the beginning.  Booster shots with your flu shot will become the new normal indefinitely 

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,906
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    New poll results taken earlier this year show 90% of scientists believe that COVID-19 will remain with us in some way forever and become endemic

I’ve felt this way almost since the beginning.  Booster shots with your flu shot will become the new normal indefinitely 

If it mutates stronger then I can see at getting a booster.  If it remains the same then I would hope that our bodies would learn to fight it. 

This is also something I thought too, that COVID would never go away.  Interesting that SARS and Ebola don't come back every year.  I'm glad Ebola doesn't, man what a messed up disease.
  • Options
    just heard that one of my teammates in Chicago lost his best friend to covid on tuesday. he was otherwise healthy, 35 years old, but unvaccinated.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,282

If it mutates stronger then I can see at getting a booster.  If it remains the same then I would hope that our bodies would learn to fight it. 

This is also something I thought too, that COVID would never go away.  Interesting that SARS and Ebola don't come back every year.  I'm glad Ebola doesn't, man what a messed up disease.

<<Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) said on Thursday it was developing a single-dose vaccine that combines a booster dose against COVID-19 and a booster against flu.>>

The article notes that Novavax is doing the same. So it looks like we are heading in the direction of an all-in-one annual shot, which, since I already get a flu shot annually, is no big deal from my perspective.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

<<Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) said on Thursday it was developing a single-dose vaccine that combines a booster dose against COVID-19 and a booster against flu.>>

The article notes that Novavax is doing the same. So it looks like we are heading in the direction of an all-in-one annual shot, which, since I already get a flu shot annually, is no big deal from my perspective.
    I'm all about that
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm all about that
    that's awesome. but what would that do to the annual flu shot uptake? higher? lower?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm all about that
    that's awesome. but what would that do to the annual flu shot uptake? higher? lower?
    I suppose it depends on whether folks want to receive HBO and Netflix for free.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm all about that
    Higher I would think.  I feel like not Americans get the flu shot.  I'm pretty sure it's less than 50% but I'd have to do some research.  I get it every year.  Having the flu blows 
  • Options
    just got my flu shot this morning. next up is TB test next week. all mandatory for my work. all must be verified by independent credentializing services. that we have to pay for out of pocket. because hospitals are too lazy to keep track of their own reps.

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,282
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm all about that
    Higher I would think.  I feel like not Americans get the flu shot.  I'm pretty sure it's less than 50% but I'd have to do some research.  I get it every year.  Having the flu blows 

That it does. Like I said before, I missed my flu shot once (we moved, I had an infant and a super-intense three-year-old), and I got sick. And so did my little ones. I sat on the sofa for a week, one sick child on each shoulder, and the three of us just cried for days. Since then, I've spent every October banging on about the flu shot until we all have one.

I probably mentioned up-thread that we all got H1N1 at the Spectrum shows. So when, last February my young men said, "oh, we're not worried, it's just like the flu!" I was able to remind them of how much having H1N1 sucked. They both changed their behavior and attitude on the spot and have been very cautious ever since.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Haven't had the flu since high school.  Never had that shot either.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    I wasn’t a flu shot person either until 7-8 years ago. Took a job working at an alternative high school, and came down with the flu the first winter there. Got super sick. Fever pushing 105, dehydrated, babbling incoherently to the point that my wife took me to the ER. Since then, I’ve gotten a flu shot every year. Haven’t had the flu since either. 

I look at it as something I’m willing to do to hopefully never feel that awful again. Plus, Target gives you a $5 gift card when you get your shot.
  • Options
    we started getting it when we became parents of an immunocompromised child. otherwise, I don't know that I would have either. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My friendly advice is don't wait until you get it once before you get the shot.  Influenza is terrible.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    My friendly advice is don't wait until you get it once before you get the shot.  Influenza is terrible.  
    I remember it being bad, yes.  This covid shot reminded me of it, lol.
  • Options
    so just had a town hall with the executive at my work and they are developing a vaxxed-only policy for all employees. even if you work from home full time (most of us still are at the moment). (odd occasion you have to come in for training, etc). 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Fuck yeah Biden.  No more fucking around. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,906
    mrussel1 said:

Believe its what came into the house on or about Jan 1 2020. Stepson brought it in. Wife quickly caught it then I did. Was laid the fuck out for 3 days. then another several where I could move about some. Ribs and lungs hurt for weeks after from coughing so hard during and after.

After not having a flu shot since 1988 in navy bootcamp, I took my fatass into the doctor last fall to get the "senior" (wtf? when did I get old?) shot.

just waiting for the right time this year. prob next month. have an appt for something else at my pcp.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.