Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    tbergs said:
    Parksy said:
    I gotta say... all this talk about how vaccine passports are causing 'division' in our society.  

The province of Alberta.... a province that did away with all restrictions on July 1st... finally admitted that the pandemic is far from over and that their hospitals are filling up too much once again predominantly with the unvaccinated. 

So therefore...  restrictions are back.  (no shit)
    Mask mandates are back. (no shit)

And this one really gets me...  

They are offering $100 to anyone who gets vaccinated who are not yet. 

That means.... to the lazy, immoral, dumb, irresponsible people who did not bother getting a vaccine can now get $100 for doing what 70% of the population already did. 

Rewarding the morons. 

You want to talk about division in society?  I can't wait to hear the blow back about this from people who did the right thing from the start and got the vaccine as soon as possible. 
    It's a weird time for sure. As of next Wednesday, all state employees in MN need to have shown proof of vaccination or submit weekly Covid tests that are negative. The kicker is that we as the employer need to pay for the tests, allow leave time to get tested during work hours and reimburse mileage if applicable. On the other side, I get why the state is paying for it because they created the work mandates, but all this is doing is divided people more. Now everyone is going to know exactly who is and isn't vaccinated based on who's leaving to get tested every Wednesday. My staff who are vaccinated are annoyed because they're basically giving incentives to the unvaccinated (paying for testing and time off to get tested). I told them they get the health benefit of being vaccinated, but I don't think that really makes it seem fair to them. It's just a giant mess.

I'll admit.. I'm somewhat of an asshole. 

When the thought crossed my mind that at least I had the piece of mind of being a good person compared to those who may get $100... that thought lasted about a second and then after that all I could then think about was how badly I would want to beat the shit out of anyone who got money to get vaccinated. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    dignin said:
    Can this pandemic get anymore stupid?
    It's like paying people who carry AIDS to wear condoms. 

Guy: "Hey baby, let's get down tonight."
    Gal: "Wait, don't you have AIDS."
    Guy: "Yeah but I got rights too ya know."
    Gal: "You're at least gonna wear a condom right?" 
    Guy: "Shit no, feels way better without!"
    Government Official: "Great news, Guy! We will offer you no strings attached money for you to wear this tested and proven condom. What say you now?" 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Parksy said:
    I gotta say... all this talk about how vaccine passports are causing 'division' in our society.  

The province of Alberta.... a province that did away with all restrictions on July 1st... finally admitted that the pandemic is far from over and that their hospitals are filling up too much once again predominantly with the unvaccinated. 

That means.... to the lazy, immoral, dumb, irresponsible people who did not bother getting a vaccine can now get $100 for doing what 70% of the population already did. 

Rewarding the morons. 

You want to talk about division in society?  I can't wait to hear the blow back about this from people who did the right thing from the start and got the vaccine as soon as possible. 
    I understand the frustration from those already vaccinated, particularly for anyone that could really use $100.  That said, if it works, then great.  I mean, it probably won't because it would take a lot of people getting vaccinated, but every bit helps.

Government money gets distributed in funny ways. Most of us think it goes disproportionally to the poor; but in many ways (extending roads to wealthy suburbs, as one example), that's not true (not that I can speak for Canada). So, now some of it is going to reward morons. I don't disagree but it's something I, as someone who was vaccinated as soon as he could, can live with, even if it's pathetic that it even has be be considered.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,287
    They tried financial incentives ($100, entry into a lottery to win a million dollars) here in the US; when the carrot quit working, people started trying the stick. So Delta Airlines will be charging unvaccinated employees a fee, and I think corporations will be moving to covid-related surcharges on company health insurance plans for unvaccinated employees.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    Parksy said:

Rewarding the morons. 

manitoba did it right when they announced the vaccine lottery; it was retroactive to people who had already been vaccinated. since you had to register your appointment with your health card, it was on record and easy to do. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    How’s that herd immunity strategy working out?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,683
    Here's Canada.ca monthly mathematical modelling highlights which drives policy.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,908
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    https://mycanyonlake.com/all-kindergarten-teachers-at-kinder-ranch-test-positive-for-covid-19/
    So these states are really going to just let the cards fall where they may ha! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,287
    edited September 2021
    https://mycanyonlake.com/all-kindergarten-teachers-at-kinder-ranch-test-positive-for-covid-19/
    So these states are really going to just let the cards fall where they may ha! 

Is this... real? Is this a real newspaper? I'm looking at that sidebar, "District Superintendent Sends Prayers to [all] with COVID-19," and... wow. 

Edit to add: that latter article, about the superintendent, s something else, too.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Fake news but headlines sell. Media fear selling good for business.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    lol so you don’t believe that all the idiots out there are going out and taking the animal deworming meds? Cause that sure as shit is happening! 
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    edited September 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    lol so you don’t believe that all the idiots out there are going out and taking the animal deworming meds? Cause that sure as shit is happening! 
    I don’t believe that article at all was my point given its fake. If you do well then they accomplished their goal. 

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831
    mickeyrat said:
    UPDATE: Northeastern Hospital System Sequoyah issued a statement: Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our emergency room. With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our Sallisaw location in over 2 months. NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose. All patients who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking emergency care. We want to reassure our community that our staff is working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value our community’s support.”
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,055
    edited September 2021
    One just  can never work out stupid. No matter  how hard one tries
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I don’t believe that article at all was my point given its fake. If you do well then they accomplished their goal. 
    Ok I can understand that but it doesn’t negate the fact that idiots are buying the animal meds by the loads and getting sick and then taking up space in emergency rooms already full of Delta patients..
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mickeyrat said:
    Ok I can understand that but it doesn’t negate the fact that idiots are buying the animal meds by the loads and getting sick and then taking up space in emergency rooms already full of Delta patients..
    That first article was proven false, no patients there were even seen for dewormer overdose, let alone clogging up the hospitals. It doesn’t sound like it’s that big of an issue as people are making it out to be. In Florida only 27 reported cases. 27 cases in all of Florida for August. Less than 1 a day. That doesn’t make it any less stupid. But anyone claiming they’re taking valuable space just isn’t accurate.  And if we’re honest, Florida probably has one of the highest instances.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59.com/news/national-world/florida-poison-control-sees-spike-in-calls-from-people-taking-livestock-deworming-drug-ivermectin/amp/

• Options
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-mask-protests-and-proud-boys-shut-down-three-schools-in-vancouver
    How long before some school faculty members get killed by these just plain idiotic ugly humans!? 
  • Options
      https://news.yahoo.com/florida-doctor-refuse-person-treatment-232721131.html

A primary care doctor in Florida sent a letter to patients informing them that she will not allow anyone unvaccinated to be treated in person.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-mask-protests-and-proud-boys-shut-down-three-schools-in-vancouver
    How long before some school faculty members get killed by these just plain idiotic ugly humans!? 
    the utter idiocy of these people claiming that masks are harmful, yet they traumatize the kids by sending the schools into lockdown. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
     By Lyric Li

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/vaccine-tourism-guam-covid/2021/09/03/87d76158-09ef-11ec-a7c8-61bb7b3bf628_story.html

Vaccine snob’ travelers head to Guam for sun, sea — and shots
    By Lyric Li
    September 03 at 5:00 AM ET
    TUMON, Guam — Passport: check. Coronavirus test: negative. Temperature: normal.
    Wearing an N95 mask and face shield, Jimmy Lin lugged his bag full of instant noodles and beachwear out of Guam’s modest airport one recent afternoon.
    “It feels kind of surreal being here,” said the 37-year-old from Taiwan, who owns a ski resort in Japan that he hasn’t visited since early 2020 because of travel restrictions. “I used to travel abroad at least every other month, and then suddenly the world was closed on me.”
    Like thousands of Asian tourists who have visited this American outpost in the Pacific since early this summer, Lin was in Guam to get his preferred coronavirus shots — Pfizer-BioNTech’s messenger-RNA doses — under a vaccine tourism initiative designed to offset pandemic losses.
    [Barbados wants you to work from its beaches during the pandemic]
    While an increasing number of tourism-reliant countries, such as Italy and Thailand, recognize vaccination records for travel, a vacation abroad remains off-limits for millions of the unvaccinated. Enter Guam, a U.S. territory with ample vaccine supplies and no quarantine restrictions, where more than 80 percent of the eligible population is fully vaccinated. For residents of Taiwan, South Korea and elsewhere, three weeks on a tropical island plus the chance to get doubly dosed equal an opportunity they can’t always get at home because of supply shortages and access issues.
    “I’m a vaccine snob,” said Lin, who got his first Pfizer shot on Aug. 3 through Guam’s government-sponsored “vacation and vaccination,” or AirV&V;, program, paying $100 for one dose. “Here in Guam I can choose the vaccine I want at an affordable price, but back in Taiwan, all I could do was wait for whatever is available, at who knows when.”
    Around the world, tourism-dependent places have come up with creative ideas to try to jump-start business devastated by the pandemic. Some have sought to lure digital nomads or allowed visitors to quarantine in resorts. Others have tried travel bubbles that have collapsed when new outbreaks have flared.
    And while Guam’s AirV&V; initiative can go only a small way to redeeming lost tourist dollars — more than 1.6 million international visitors graced these shores in 2019 — businesses say it’s worth a shot.

continues....

• Options
    Is there anyone from Australia on here anymore?  We just got done talking to our friend in Melbourne and they are dealing out some pretty hard consequences if you don’t wear a mask.  
  • Options
    Oh and I was feeling like crap the next day of my 2nd shot.  I was in bed at 230 and slept in a pool of sweat for the next 4 hours.  Everything went away by 7 and I had an adult beverage by 9.

I haven’t felt that shitty in many years.  Glad it’s hopefully over with for me now.
  • Options
    It's  a good sign  chris
     Thats your immune system doing what  it should. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Got my second jab today. If nothing else, I’m just glad my life will be easier for attending events, traveling, etc. My wife is a nurse and it’s interesting to hear that a few of her coworkers will be refusing the shot and might lose their job because of it as her system is requiring it by the end of November. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

• Options
    Got my second jab today. If nothing else, I’m just glad my life will be easier for attending events, traveling, etc. My wife is a nurse and it’s interesting to hear that a few of her coworkers will be refusing the shot and might lose their job because of it as her system is requiring it by the end of November. 
    Curious for the few of you who are just getting your second shot. What was the hold up? I’m not essential and have been fully vaccinated since March. 
  • Options
    Curious for the few of you who are just getting your second shot. What was the hold up? I’m not essential and have been fully vaccinated since March. 
    I had covid at the beginning of the summer and was advised to wait a bit before getting the vaccine. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    expect some preferred to wait for formal approval by fda.....

others I expect chose to just wait and see if some side effects came outside of the timeframe used for studies in getting the emergency use approval.

This discussion has been closed.