Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Why not close the border, like plenty other I countries have done, to help mitigate the spread of the virus?
    https://www.kxan.com/border-report/local-south-texas-officials-declare-disaster-declarations-due-to-migrant-influx-coronavirus-concerns/
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    I do find it weird that the northern border is closed but the southern border is not.  Definitely gives the right a lot of ammo.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who gets tested if fully vaxxed?  Probably the same people who go to the ER with a stubbed toe…

The vaccine was touted as a return to normal…that’s going well
    My point exactly.  And the crazy thing is, there seems to be a decent part of the population here in the US that is perfectly ok with it.
    Are the feds making you get tested under the force of law? No.  That's why I'm not upset.  I don't have to get tested. Quit being a victim. 
    I see that coming soon if you want to be able to leave your house.
    Under what precedent in US history or law?  

Read what is going on in NY right now.  This could be the precedent.  It's being mandated to be able to go to a gym, restaurant or movie theatre.

I'm not screaming Fahrenheit 451.  Just putting it out there.
    You don't need to be tested,  you need a vaccine.  And it doesn't prevent you from leaving your house, it's the opposite.  It's about indoor public activities. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Let's first define the "we" doing "too much" testing: It's generally people who feel ill, particularly with Covid symptoms.

So, no, we're not testing too much. Probably too little from what I've observed anecdotally in a mostly Covid-conscious state.
    I totally disagree with this statement.  All of these mandates are coming out and you have to show proof of vaccination to enter or.... a negative test!  If you get contact traced from school or work, you have to wait 14 days or show.... a negative test!

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, *which has since been proven to not be a thing.

Related, and this is something I have not looked into, but someone is getting really, really rich on testing in the US.  Anyone know who?
    Someone got really rich off the statin I take.  Therefore I'm not taking it anymore.  That'll show 'em. 
    I said "generally."

But reactionaries gonna reactionary (*and of course, spread a little misinformation while they're at it).

dankind said:
    Let's first define the "we" doing "too much" testing: It's generally people who feel ill, particularly with Covid symptoms.

So, no, we're not testing too much. Probably too little from what I've observed anecdotally in a mostly Covid-conscious state.
    I totally disagree with this statement.  All of these mandates are coming out and you have to show proof of vaccination to enter or.... a negative test!  If you get contact traced from school or work, you have to wait 14 days or show.... a negative test!

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, which has since been proven to not be a thing.

Related, and this is something I have not looked into, but someone is getting really, really rich on testing in the US.  Anyone know who?
    show me your data that suggests asymptomatic spread is not a thing. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00059-4/fulltext

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210110/59-percent-of-covid-cases-stem-from-asymptomatic-spread

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851
    Here I am getting accused of spreading misinformation, which oddly enough is the reason I got my timeout, or as I call it, my #FauciOuchie.  It is so dangerous for people to judge what mis (or dis) information is.  I define minsformation as information that goes against the narrative of "my" party and ultimately "The" party.  Prove me wrong.

Anywho, to my point, maybe I should have said asymp spread is virtually non-existent, maybe "not a thing" was a little much.  Anyways, let's look at the data.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

Stringent COVID-19 control measures were imposed in Wuhan between January 23 and April 8, 2020. Estimates of the prevalence of infection following the release of restrictions could inform post-lockdown pandemic management. Here, we describe a city-wide SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening programme between May 14 and June 1, 2020 in Wuhan. All city residents aged six years or older were eligible and 9,899,828 (92.9%) participated. No new symptomatic cases and 300 asymptomatic cases (detection rate 0.303/10,000, 95% CI 0.270–0.339/10,000) were identified. There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases. 107 of 34,424 previously recovered COVID-19 patients tested positive again (re-positive rate 0.31%, 95% CI 0.423–0.574%). The prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan was therefore very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2774102

Results  A total of 54 relevant studies with 77 758 participants reporting household secondary transmission were identified. Estimated household secondary attack rate was 16.6% (95% CI, 14.0%-19.3%), higher than secondary attack rates for SARS-CoV (7.5%; 95% CI, 4.8%-10.7%) and MERS-CoV (4.7%; 95% CI, 0.9%-10.7%). Household secondary attack rates were increased from symptomatic index cases (18.0%; 95% CI, 14.2%-22.1%) than from asymptomatic index cases (0.7%; 95% CI, 0%-4.9%), to adult contacts (28.3%; 95% CI, 20.2%-37.1%) than to child contacts (16.8%; 95% CI, 12.3%-21.7%), to spouses (37.8%; 95% CI, 25.8%-50.5%) than to other family contacts (17.8%; 95% CI, 11.7%-24.8%), and in households with 1 contact (41.5%; 95% CI, 31.7%-51.7%) than in households with 3 or more contacts (22.8%; 95% CI, 13.6%-33.5%).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency’s Geneva headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

June of 2020.

think science knows a skosh bit more this year than last.
    What was the definition of “dis-information” or “mis-information” again? FauciOuchi?

Is Ford still making Mustangs based upon the 1967 model year? Does GM still make Gremlins?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited August 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    I do find it weird that the northern border is closed but the southern border is not.  Definitely gives the right a lot of ammo.  
    Weird indeed.  But on a follow up note:

5. Immigration

The Biden administration plans to indefinitely extend a Trump-era policy that allows the government to swiftly expel migrants encountered at the US-Mexico border. The Trump administration instituted the policy at the start of the pandemic, citing coronavirus concerns. But immigrant advocates and health experts argue it has no public health basis and instead puts migrants in harm's way. Tens of thousands of migrants continue to cross into the US each month, and officials say facilities are overwhelmed. Meanwhile, a government watchdog announced it is looking into a facility for unaccompanied migrant children at Fort Bliss in Texas following complaints that it felt more like a warehouse

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who gets tested if fully vaxxed?  Probably the same people who go to the ER with a stubbed toe…

My point exactly.  And the crazy thing is, there seems to be a decent part of the population here in the US that is perfectly ok with it.
    Are the feds making you get tested under the force of law? No.  That's why I'm not upset.  I don't have to get tested. Quit being a victim. 

Read what is going on in NY right now.  This could be the precedent.  It's being mandated to be able to go to a gym, restaurant or movie theatre.

You don't need to be tested,  you need a vaccine.  And it doesn't prevent you from leaving your house, it's the opposite.  It's about indoor public activities. 
    I said it could be precedent.  You can under certain circumstances show that you were tested so therefore being forced to be tested.

if you have to show proof that you got the shot to go grocery shopping I would expect riots.

There will be more added to the list as more people in the city still won't get the shot.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    edited August 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, *which has since been proven to not be a thing.

Someone got really rich off the statin I take.  Therefore I'm not taking it anymore.  That'll show 'em. 
    I said "generally."

But reactionaries gonna reactionary (*and of course, spread a little misinformation while they're at it).

dankind said:

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, which has since been proven to not be a thing.

show me your data that suggests asymptomatic spread is not a thing. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00059-4/fulltext

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210110/59-percent-of-covid-cases-stem-from-asymptomatic-spread

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851
    Here I am getting accused of spreading misinformation, which oddly enough is the reason I got my timeout, or as I call it, my #FauciOuchie.  It is so dangerous for people to judge what mis (or dis) information is.  I define minsformation as information that goes against the narrative of "my" party and ultimately "The" party.  Prove me wrong.

Anywho, to my point, maybe I should have said asymp spread is virtually non-existent, maybe "not a thing" was a little much.  Anyways, let's look at the data.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

Stringent COVID-19 control measures were imposed in Wuhan between January 23 and April 8, 2020. Estimates of the prevalence of infection following the release of restrictions could inform post-lockdown pandemic management. Here, we describe a city-wide SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening programme between May 14 and June 1, 2020 in Wuhan. All city residents aged six years or older were eligible and 9,899,828 (92.9%) participated. No new symptomatic cases and 300 asymptomatic cases (detection rate 0.303/10,000, 95% CI 0.270–0.339/10,000) were identified. There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases. 107 of 34,424 previously recovered COVID-19 patients tested positive again (re-positive rate 0.31%, 95% CI 0.423–0.574%). The prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan was therefore very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2774102

Results  A total of 54 relevant studies with 77 758 participants reporting household secondary transmission were identified. Estimated household secondary attack rate was 16.6% (95% CI, 14.0%-19.3%), higher than secondary attack rates for SARS-CoV (7.5%; 95% CI, 4.8%-10.7%) and MERS-CoV (4.7%; 95% CI, 0.9%-10.7%). Household secondary attack rates were increased from symptomatic index cases (18.0%; 95% CI, 14.2%-22.1%) than from asymptomatic index cases (0.7%; 95% CI, 0%-4.9%), to adult contacts (28.3%; 95% CI, 20.2%-37.1%) than to child contacts (16.8%; 95% CI, 12.3%-21.7%), to spouses (37.8%; 95% CI, 25.8%-50.5%) than to other family contacts (17.8%; 95% CI, 11.7%-24.8%), and in households with 1 contact (41.5%; 95% CI, 31.7%-51.7%) than in households with 3 or more contacts (22.8%; 95% CI, 13.6%-33.5%).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency’s Geneva headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

June of 2020.

think science knows a skosh bit more this year than last.
    I think AOC knows a skosh bit more too...  Check out the science at work here!

ETA...  "The" Party laughs at all of you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n67RYI_0sc0
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJPOWER said:
    Why not close the border, like plenty other I countries have done, to help mitigate the spread of the virus?
    https://www.kxan.com/border-report/local-south-texas-officials-declare-disaster-declarations-due-to-migrant-influx-coronavirus-concerns/
    apparently texas is only concerned about coronavirus being brought in from mexico, and not the homegrown coronavirus already being spread because so many free texans are refusing to get the vaccine that has been proven to be effective in slowing the spread.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I said it could be precedent.  You can under certain circumstances show that you were tested so therefore being forced to be tested.

if you have to show proof that you got the shot to go grocery shopping I would expect riots.

There will be more added to the list as more people in the city still won't get the shot.
    Huh?
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    apparently texas is only concerned about coronavirus being brought in from mexico, and not the homegrown coronavirus already being spread because so many free texans are refusing to get the vaccine that has been proven to be effective in slowing the spread.
    On the flip side, apparently the federal government is only concerned about non-vaccinated Texans and not the “tens of thousands” of immigrants flooding in every month from Mexico.  I concede, though, there are a whole hell of a lot of Texans refusing to get the vaccine and that is probably going to bite them in the ass over the next couple of weeks/months.  But that doesn’t excuse a lack of concern over unvaxxed border crossers that will compound the issue.  
    The kicker is, it’s not just a Texas issue.  I still believe a ticket straight to Washington for these unvaccinated immigrants is probably the best way to get the ball rolling.  Maybe it’s time for Texas border towns to start buying loads of bus tickets to hand out.  There is plenty of unused room on the White House lawn.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    On the flip side, apparently the federal government is only concerned about non-vaccinated Texans and not the “tens of thousands” of immigrants flooding in every month from Mexico.  I concede, though, there are a whole hell of a lot of Texans refusing to get the vaccine and that is probably going to bite them in the ass over the next couple of weeks/months.  But that doesn’t excuse a lack of concern over unvaxxed border crossers that will compound the issue.  
    the federal government SHOULD be concerned about the non vaccinated texan. they vaccine is there, free to get, convenient to get. texas is a hot spot for the virus already and nobody there gives a fuck. maybe the messaging should be that "you will get this from your fellow texan AND from the immigrants coming in, so pretty please with sugar on top, get the fucking vaccine."

"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-may-offer-covid-vaccine-migrants-crossing-mexico-washington-post-2021-08-04/
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    the federal government SHOULD be concerned about the non vaccinated texan. they vaccine is there, free to get, convenient to get. texas is a hot spot for the virus already and nobody there gives a fuck. maybe the messaging should be that "you will get this from your fellow texan AND from the immigrants coming in, so pretty please with sugar on top, get the fucking vaccine."

That has been my message from the beginning…some people definitely “give a fuck”.
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-may-offer-covid-vaccine-migrants-crossing-mexico-washington-post-2021-08-04/
    I would go a step further and deny entry to anyone that refuses the vaccine.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when our ancestors passed through Ellis Island they were checked to see if they were sick and given whatever shots they needed before given the stamp of approval to head over to the main land.  I wonder why this is not implemented on the Southern border; maybe because of the huge numbers of people trying to cross?

We should be worried about unvaccinated Texans AND unvaccinated immigrants streaming across the border.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’m in Ontario and some docs are saying a 4th wave is coming and and maybe another lockdown…and if that happens, just like sheep we in Ontario will do it.  How come the politicians and doctors who advise lockdowns never give up their pay…the politicians in Canada have been giving themselves raises and calling elections…the people who want lockdowns have not lost a paycheque.   I’m am amazed that this virus is immune to big box stores, manufacturing facilities etc…because they are somehow essential…
    So you think that if a govt official supports a lockdown they relinquish pay? What kind of half asset logic is that? Do you think that will lead a person to make the best possible decision?
    He’s not saying they should lose their pay, he’s saying IF they lost their income like millions of people have….their choice to lock down may be different.
    I live in a blue state.  None of our restaurants were mandated to closed down by force of law.  The argument doesn't make sense.  But then of course we also provided massive unemployment benefits, eliminated foreclosure procedures with fed guaranteed loans, created a student loan forebearance program, all to the point where we now have more jobs than people willing to work.  But sure, yeah the point makes perfect sense.  The gov't forcibly shut down the economy and then did nothing to help.  We must live in different worlds.  
    Sounds just like the Brostadamus predicted...  A lot of people depending on the government thus creating a slave class...
    Well the unemployment benefits are winding down, forebearance will be over soon and guess what, no one is forced to stay home and not work.  So "Brostradamus" sounds like an idiot to me, but whatever dude. You've been so accurate and had such high level critical thinking, why wouldn't you gravitate towards someone called "Brostradamus".  
    Critical thinking...

Why do you care?  It's just a flu.  The mortality rate is low and overstated.  The vaccine doesn't work.  We need herd immunity.  

But yeah, good defense of yourself by pointing to other people. 
    That's the Russian way!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when our ancestors passed through Ellis Island they were checked to see if they were sick and given whatever shots they needed before given the stamp of approval to head over to the main land.  I wonder why this is not implemented on the Southern border; maybe because of the huge numbers of people trying to cross?

We should be worried be unvaccinated Texans AND unvaccinated immigrants streaming across the border.
    Exactly 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Huh?
    Typing without finishing again...

They are asking to show that you were tested if you didn't get the shot to enter certain places.

Sorry.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

We should be worried be unvaccinated Texans AND unvaccinated immigrants streaming across the border.
    Agreed and I have no objection to vaccinating them.  
  • Some data out of Florida...  A couple of things I take from it.

1.  1 out of 4 hospitalizations for covid are not from covid.  Definitely skews the numbers and could make things appear worse than they are.
    2.  Vaccines seem to be doing their jobs as far as preventing serious illness.
    3.  Much like India and the UK, delta seems to have come and is on the way out.  I guess bring on Lambda.

Some data out of Florida...  A couple of things I take from it.

1.  1 out of 4 hospitalizations for covid are not from covid.  Definitely skews the numbers and could make things appear worse than they are.
    3.  Much like India and the UK, delta seems to have come and is on the way out.  I guess bring on Lambda.

One CEO of one hospital, sitting with DeSantis, is not statewide data.  It's an anecdote for his hospital only.  Let's just be clear here.  All of these tweets are based on anecdotes.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    NYC mandates are still on the rollout.  New guidelines are you MUST show proof of vaccination if you want to go to a restaurant or gym.  DeBlasio just announced this.

I'm not sure how he can actually demand this?  There are rules against asking someone about their medical history.

What rules?
    You have to show proof around vaccinations for other things in life.  (To go to some countries, for instance.)
    I've benn to Mexico, Canada, Barbados, Jordan, Dubai, Iraq and the Bahamas and I never had to show a vaccination card.
    You will soon and Hippa has zero to do with asking the ? Of are you vaccinated..
    If a company uses that information for other purposes then does it violate Hippa laws?
    Yes if a hospital releases your personal information without consent that would violate your privacy 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1 said:

One CEO of one hospital, sitting with DeSantis, is not statewide data.  It's an anecdote for his hospital only.  Let's just be clear here.  All of these tweets are based on anecdotes.  
    A true defender of the science!

Hey, I know you have experience with investing in stocks, what do you think of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation investing in BioNTech in Aug-Sep of 2019.  And also, can you tell how much that investment was at the time and what it is worth now?  Thanks in advance!

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1776985/000119312519241112/d635330df1.htm

In August 2019 we agreed to issue up to 3,038,674 ordinary shares in a private placement to BMGF for aggregate consideration of €49.8 million. Such issuance will occur upon registration of the shares in the commercial register (Handelsregister), which we expect to occur in early September 2019.
    NYC mandates are still on the rollout.  New guidelines are you MUST show proof of vaccination if you want to go to a restaurant or gym.  DeBlasio just announced this.

I'm not sure how he can actually demand this?  There are rules against asking someone about their medical history.

What rules?
    You have to show proof around vaccinations for other things in life.  (To go to some countries, for instance.)
    I've benn to Mexico, Canada, Barbados, Jordan, Dubai, Iraq and the Bahamas and I never had to show a vaccination card.
    You will soon and Hippa has zero to do with asking the ? Of are you vaccinated..
    If a company uses that information for other purposes then does it violate Hippa laws?
    Yes if a hospital releases your personal information without consent that would violate your privacy 
    Company I was referring to though.
    mrussel1 said:

Hey, I know you have experience with investing in stocks, what do you think of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation investing in BioNTech in Aug-Sep of 2019.  And also, can you tell how much that investment was at the time and what it is worth now?  Thanks in advance!

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1776985/000119312519241112/d635330df1.htm

In August 2019 we agreed to issue up to 3,038,674 ordinary shares in a private placement to BMGF for aggregate consideration of €49.8 million. Such issuance will occur upon registration of the shares in the commercial register (Handelsregister), which we expect to occur in early September 2019.
    I'm a defender of math and I've learned never to lean into anecdotes.  

Bill Gates has been an advocate of vaccines through his foundation for many years.  One would expect him to be a heavy investor in biotechs.   This release is from 2010.. 10 billion dollar investment.  https://www.gatesfoundation.org/ideas/media-center/press-releases/2010/01/bill-and-melinda-gates-pledge-$10-billion-in-call-for-decade-of-vaccines 

Why do you care?
    mrussel1 said:

Bill Gates has been investing in vaccines, and actually warned of the next pandemic, for YEARS. Another pivot, another fail. 

www.headstonesband.com

my apologies for being blunt, but I don't think you understand what "data" is. this ain't it. 

www.headstonesband.com

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    They should not be skewing the numbers with hospitalizations with covid. If I am in the hospital for another matter and test positive since everyone gets tested that number should only go towards the case count if I do not need medical care for the virus. It is 2021. How can they not have the technology to separate these and if they do have the means to be able to statistically represent them differently why are they not?
    Question.

Is the covid shot an actual vaccine by the definition?  I'm asking scholars and medical professionals.

My understanding of the word is that it's not an actual vaccine because it should offer immunity if it was.

Or screw it, it's a damn vaccine and stop worrying about it?
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
This discussion has been closed.