Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    dankind said:
    Let's first define the "we" doing "too much" testing: It's generally people who feel ill, particularly with Covid symptoms.

So, no, we're not testing too much. Probably too little from what I've observed anecdotally in a mostly Covid-conscious state.
    I totally disagree with this statement.  All of these mandates are coming out and you have to show proof of vaccination to enter or.... a negative test!  If you get contact traced from school or work, you have to wait 14 days or show.... a negative test!

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, which has since been proven to not be a thing.

Related, and this is something I have not looked into, but someone is getting really, really rich on testing in the US.  Anyone know who?
    The list of companies that are producing COVID-19 diagnostic tests is a long one, when you include both PCR and antigen tests, as well as both medically delivered and self-tests. And I disagree that we are testing too much in general. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Ontario is at about 70% fully vaxxed.  It's the government's fault that we will struggle to reach 80% or higher fully ...they keep moving the goal post.  

Ample vaccines available to any eligible person who wants them, outreach and mobile programs, and you still argue that “it’s the government’s fault”? :lol:

Covid changed the goal posts 
    Did I say there was enough vaccines?  Did I blame Pm in my post?  I was pointing the finger at the provincial government…don’t be so clueless…or obtuse.  Ontario has been lockdown longer than just about anywhere in North America…

At 1st it was 70% and all restrictions lifted and now it’s 90%…

The goal post keep moving.  Not every thing is about you or being offended bevpcause you think someone is taking a shot at your racist misogynist groper PM…

SO GO GET A FUCKING LIFE…

Living up to your name, dude.
    Go smoke your drugs
    Shhh! It seems to have the opposite effect as weed on the regular person. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Obama's birthday was:

-outside
    -required vaccination and negative covid test result
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Obama's birthday was:

-outside
    People are traveling from all over to attend. The people attending are not flying directly to Obama's house and then flying directly home. Are the COVID test results 100% accurate? Nope.

Sure, they are taking precautions but they aren't bulletproof.

JB16057 said:
    Obama's birthday was:

-outside
    People are traveling from all over to attend. The people attending are not flying directly to Obama's house and then flying directly home. Are the COVID test results 100% accurate? Nope.

Sure, they are taking precautions but they aren't bulletproof.

and nothing ever will be. now that we have vaccines, you have to mitigate the risk and live your life. 

the criticisms come from people who mitigate the risk towards those that don't. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Let's first define the "we" doing "too much" testing: It's generally people who feel ill, particularly with Covid symptoms.

So, no, we're not testing too much. Probably too little from what I've observed anecdotally in a mostly Covid-conscious state.
    I totally disagree with this statement.  All of these mandates are coming out and you have to show proof of vaccination to enter or.... a negative test!  If you get contact traced from school or work, you have to wait 14 days or show.... a negative test!

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, *which has since been proven to not be a thing.

Related, and this is something I have not looked into, but someone is getting really, really rich on testing in the US.  Anyone know who?
    Someone got really rich off the statin I take.  Therefore I'm not taking it anymore.  That'll show 'em. 
    I said "generally."

But reactionaries gonna reactionary (*and of course, spread a little misinformation while they're at it).

? I wasn't replying to anything you said. 
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Why are we doing these things if there are no signs or symptoms?  Since I have been down this road, I know the responses are going to come back to asymptomatic spread, *which has since been proven to not be a thing.

Someone got really rich off the statin I take.  Therefore I'm not taking it anymore.  That'll show 'em. 
    I said "generally."

But reactionaries gonna reactionary (*and of course, spread a little misinformation while they're at it).

? I wasn't replying to anything you said. 
    What’re you? The quote police now?

:tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited August 2021
    For what its worth (and I disagree with the hesitance but whatever) I have had multiple unvaccinated friends/colleagues say they would get the vaccine if it became fully FDA approved (and all of them specifically wanting Pfizer over the others)

Hopefully the FDA can push this along quickly and safely as there has to be a significant number of people out there who feel this way
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • The FDA is a bunch of clowns, but I have heard many say the same thing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The data has to be normalized for population.  You can't evaluate it in raw numbers.  
    Yes.  You are right.  

But what got me into this discussion is that we were told 70% fully all restrictions removed, now it's 90%  You don't think this causes vaccine hesitancy?  And people are really doubtful restrictions get lifted then.  our provincial government is convinced that they solely vaccinate our way out of this.
    Also since that original number is the prevalence of a variant with 1,000 the viral load of the prior ones, and a proven ability to spread from vaccinated to either vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals (albeit at a greatly reduced proportion of the original exposures). When facts change, plans should too.
    You actually think Trudeau or Ford have a plan…lmfao.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The data has to be normalized for population.  You can't evaluate it in raw numbers.  
    Yes.  You are right.  

But what got me into this discussion is that we were told 70% fully all restrictions removed, now it's 90%  You don't think this causes vaccine hesitancy?  And people are really doubtful restrictions get lifted then.  our provincial government is convinced that they solely vaccinate our way out of this.
    Also since that original number is the prevalence of a variant with 1,000 the viral load of the prior ones, and a proven ability to spread from vaccinated to either vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals (albeit at a greatly reduced proportion of the original exposures). When facts change, plans should too.
    uh, Trudeau had a plan. and it succeeded, no matter how many times you say he failed, he didn't. takes a special kind of moron to keep saying otherwise. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7949797/canada-covid-cases-june-14-2021/

www.headstonesband.com

benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes.  You are right.  

uh, Trudeau had a plan. and it succeeded, no matter how many times you say he failed, he didn't. takes a special kind of moron to keep saying otherwise. 

I'm special...
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes.  You are right.  

Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes.  You are right.  

I'm special...
    How special are you?  Do tell…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    National medical and nursing organizations are in favour of mandatory COVID vaccination for all health care workers. 

I am not surprised by the CMA advocating for this but am a little surprised that the nurses are in support too. 

Some of the provinces are objecting, though. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes.  You are right.  

Okay, how better to express this - when facts change, people ought to re-evaluate what they are doing and learn from the additional context. Better?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes.  You are right.  

I'm special...
    So special... I've got to have your attention,  give it to me...
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes.  You are right.  

I'm special...
    So special... I've got to have your attention,  give it to me...

"Brass In Pocket" kinda special for cryin out loud.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,298
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    We must run in the same circles.  Two people sent me the porch one earlier today and these have followed.  
    Lol.  Yup this guy had a plan.  His only plan was jumping in bed with China which set Canada behind by a month or two…

Give Peas A Chance…
    You're trolling.  Quit mucking up the Pretenders thread. 

Canada didn't invoke dispute clause when Chinese vaccine deal fell apart, documents reveal

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-didnt-invoke-dispute-clause-when-chinese-vaccine-deal-fell-apart-documents-reveal

The idiot running this country has been getting bitched slapped by China since the Meng arrest and they are holding 2 Canadians hostage…what a joke.  

The idiot PM is in bed with his Chinese buddies…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097

Canada didn't invoke dispute clause when Chinese vaccine deal fell apart, documents reveal

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-didnt-invoke-dispute-clause-when-chinese-vaccine-deal-fell-apart-documents-reveal

The idiot running this country has been getting bitched slapped by China since the Meng arrest and they are holding 2 Canadians hostage…what a joke.  

The idiot PM is in bed with his Chinese buddies…
    What kind of leverage do you think Canada has compared to China? Each action or threat could be easily retaliated by the Chinese, to far greater relative impact to the Canadians than the Chinese.  I'm glad our government doesn't waste energy demonstrating whose balls are bigger, when there are things they could be doing for the nation which have material impact. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742
    botching about losing out on reported 50% effective vaccine?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    botching about losing out on reported 50% effective vaccine?
    he'd bitch about trudeau if he cured cancer. hopeless. 

www.headstonesband.com

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    You're trolling.  Quit mucking up the Pretenders thread. 
    All this talk about who's special. all I know is not me baby, I'm too precious...

https://youtu.be/o6-0ypKuwv8
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
This discussion has been closed.