Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    Fauci Says Domestic Travel Vaccination Rule Should Be Considered (msn.com)

I'm vaccinated (including booster) and have flown 5 times in the last couple months, but i disagree with this.  You can catch the virus and transmit whether you are vaxed or non-vaxed.   The unvaccinated have been on planes and in restaurants ever since March 2020.  Why start now?  COVID19 is terrible, but time for people to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable doing and move on.  
    Yep.  I'm fully vaxxed and currently dealing with my own case of covid.  It's blatantly obvious that being vaxxed does not help contain the spread so why on earth would they institute a mandate like this??  It will do nothing.  It's like the vax mandate that Chicago and Cook County have going into place in January where you have to be fully vaxxed to go to gyms, restaurants, movies, etc...  NYC and LA have had a similar mandate in place for months and they are both seeing record amounts of cases.  What science are they following here???  It's all just political theater.  
    The chances of you going to the hospital and dying are far lower because you are vaccinated.

That's why we still want people to be vaccinated and why we should be making life less convenient for the unvaccinated.

Fuck the unvaccinated.
    That last comment is unnecessary.  Some have perfectly good reasons.  The J&J vaccine fiasco is enough support for the argument that these vaccines were rushed.  If these vaccines were perfectly safe the. They wouldn’t tell people not to get the J&J vaccine months after telling people to use it.  

My dad has been dealing with AFIB and serious high/low blood pressure issues ever since taking the J&J vaccine.   Too much of a coincidence.   He would love to take back the decision of getting vaxed.  Could he have got the same issues with COVID, sure, but the fact remains most likely that the vaccine hurt him instead.  Is there proof?  No, but too much of a coincidence to not have those symptoms and then a few days after the vaccine having those symptoms long term.

Edit:  I got the Pfizer booster last week.  Decided not to mix and match since I didn’t have any issues with the Pfizer vaccine originally.
    That comment is very annoying to me as well. It either comes from a place of self righteousness or assuming anyone who isn’t vaccinated is a white , racist , anti science conservative. Which just isn’t the truth. 

Anti Vaccine conspiracy theorists? Yea , I’d agree. Fuck them. But the people who looked into the facts and decided it’s not for them, I have no problem with. Vaccinated people who threw caution to the wind because they felt invincible are also responsible for spreading the virus. But who cares? People should worry about themselves and do what’s best for them. 
    I'd be curious to know how true this is (or if it's at all measurable).  Anecdotally, I find that vaccinated people are still more cautious than non-vaccinated people. I'm sure there are vaccinated people who think it's like armor. There's a tendency for unvaxxed people to "not live in fear." IN GENERAL, I think vaxxed people are more conscious of things beyond "99% survival" (i.e., being a link in the spread, demand on the health care system, etc.). The "unvaxxed for political reasons" crowd tends to think we should be doing nothing preventative.  It's funny when a store says "masks required for unvaxxed." I'd bet it's the vaxxed that are disproportionately masked.

Are there people that either cannot be vaccinated or chose not to because of certain non-conspiracy-based fears who are otherwise conscientious?  Probably a few but not a lot. In general, I'd say the lion's share of the spread still falls on the unvaxxed.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    OnWis97 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

I'm vaccinated (including booster) and have flown 5 times in the last couple months, but i disagree with this.  You can catch the virus and transmit whether you are vaxed or non-vaxed.   The unvaccinated have been on planes and in restaurants ever since March 2020.  Why start now?  COVID19 is terrible, but time for people to make their own decisions about what they are comfortable doing and move on.  
    Yep.  I'm fully vaxxed and currently dealing with my own case of covid.  It's blatantly obvious that being vaxxed does not help contain the spread so why on earth would they institute a mandate like this??  It will do nothing.  It's like the vax mandate that Chicago and Cook County have going into place in January where you have to be fully vaxxed to go to gyms, restaurants, movies, etc...  NYC and LA have had a similar mandate in place for months and they are both seeing record amounts of cases.  What science are they following here???  It's all just political theater.  
    The chances of you going to the hospital and dying are far lower because you are vaccinated.

That's why we still want people to be vaccinated and why we should be making life less convenient for the unvaccinated.

Fuck the unvaccinated.
    That last comment is unnecessary.  Some have perfectly good reasons.  The J&J vaccine fiasco is enough support for the argument that these vaccines were rushed.  If these vaccines were perfectly safe the. They wouldn’t tell people not to get the J&J vaccine months after telling people to use it.  

My dad has been dealing with AFIB and serious high/low blood pressure issues ever since taking the J&J vaccine.   Too much of a coincidence.   He would love to take back the decision of getting vaxed.  Could he have got the same issues with COVID, sure, but the fact remains most likely that the vaccine hurt him instead.  Is there proof?  No, but too much of a coincidence to not have those symptoms and then a few days after the vaccine having those symptoms long term.

Edit:  I got the Pfizer booster last week.  Decided not to mix and match since I didn’t have any issues with the Pfizer vaccine originally.
    That comment is very annoying to me as well. It either comes from a place of self righteousness or assuming anyone who isn’t vaccinated is a white , racist , anti science conservative. Which just isn’t the truth. 

Anti Vaccine conspiracy theorists? Yea , I’d agree. Fuck them. But the people who looked into the facts and decided it’s not for them, I have no problem with. Vaccinated people who threw caution to the wind because they felt invincible are also responsible for spreading the virus. But who cares? People should worry about themselves and do what’s best for them. 
    I'd be curious to know how true this is (or if it's at all measurable).  Anecdotally, I find that vaccinated people are still more cautious than non-vaccinated people. I'm sure there are vaccinated people who think it's like armor. There's a tendency for unvaxxed people to "not live in fear." IN GENERAL, I think vaxxed people are more conscious of things beyond "99% survival" (i.e., being a link in the spread, demand on the health care system, etc.). The "unvaxxed for political reasons" crowd tends to think we should be doing nothing preventative.  It's funny when a store says "masks required for unvaxxed." I'd bet it's the vaxxed that are disproportionately masked.

Are there people that either cannot be vaccinated or chose not to because of certain non-conspiracy-based fears who are otherwise conscientious?  Probably a few but not a lot. In general, I'd say the lion's share of the spread still falls on the unvaxxed.
    I don't personally know any unvaxxed that I know of. All I can tell you is, last summer, with friends coming in from Vancouver and our usual 5 families getting together for two weeks for drinks and relaxation at the lake, sitting in a veranda in very close quarters for hours on end, when cases were at the then-high for the pandemic, all of us vaxxed were opening saying "the pandemic is over for me". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    Over 67k new cases here in NYC. Most single day total for the entire pandemic. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    Yay! An extra week of no school in BC!!! Kid is happy :) 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    I postponed my trip to Chile next week! Just couldn’t take a chance. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    nicknyr15 said:
    Over 67k new cases here in NYC. Most single day total for the entire pandemic. 
    3 Americans per second are testing positive for COVID! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,669
    I postponed my trip to Chile next week! Just couldn’t take a chance. 
    That really sucks.  
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.
    Alright then.  Starting next week I won't be able to bring my 5 year old to restaurants or movie theaters because he isn't fully vaxxed yet.  Fuck him though, right?
    Give me a break, you know that's not what I meant.

I don't know where you live but where I live if you are not eligible to get vaccinated you can still.go everywhere the vaccinated can.

Again, fuck the "willingly" unvaccinated.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.

Fuck those people who looked into the "facts" and decided it wasn't for them.

What nonsense.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    i think you should get vaccinated…but whatever happened to “my body, my choice?”

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I got this when I got my booster.  Should have my free pizza by next Christmas….

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.
    Alright then.  Starting next week I won't be able to bring my 5 year old to restaurants or movie theaters because he isn't fully vaxxed yet.  Fuck him though, right?

I don't know where you live but where I live if you are not eligible to get vaccinated you can still.go everywhere the vaccinated can.

The OP lives in the same area that I do.  Ages 5 and up are eligible to be vaccinated.  On January 3, anyone aged 5 and older that is not fully vaccinated cannot go to restaurants, theaters, etc. as he mentioned.  I have no idea if he intends to vaccinate his child and frankly it is none of my business.  I do think mandating children as young as 5 years old to be vaccinated to enter these establishments is over-reaching, and I certainly would not subscribe to the "fuck them" mentality.

• Options
    https://globalnews.ca/video/8477263/come-from-away-closing-in-toronto-amid-covid-19-pressures

Come From Away’ closing in Toronto amid COVID-19 pressures

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Curious what people’s days are like on here….
    I had the day off today, took my kid to get a passport renewal, grabbed a coffee and a donut afterwards. We exchanged some Christmas presents she wasn’t too happy about then my wife took her shopping at a few other stores. People everywhere, masks everywhere, all indoors. Been this way for us for close to a year and a half now.  We’re careful, all vaxxed and our life has gone on. Life is a risk. You can get car jacked, shot, mugged, killed in a car crash, get cancer, get shot at work, fall down the stairs, get killed in a tornado….the list goes on and on and on and on.  So did you hide in your house all day? Seriously, what are your days like?
  • Options
    I had the day off today, took my kid to get a passport renewal, grabbed a coffee and a donut afterwards. We exchanged some Christmas presents she wasn’t too happy about then my wife took her shopping at a few other stores. People everywhere, masks everywhere, all indoors. Been this way for us for close to a year and a half now.  We’re careful, all vaxxed and our life has gone on. Life is a risk. You can get car jacked, shot, mugged, killed in a car crash, get cancer, get shot at work, fall down the stairs, get killed in a tornado….the list goes on and on and on and on.  So did you hide in your house all day? Seriously, what are your days like?
    Hookers and blow. Hookers and blow, baby. My religion, my cult.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The only thing I’m sold on is that the vaccine should keep me alive and out of the hospital…good enough for me.  If other folks choose to live with risk…so be it.  However, the unvaccinated should be moved to military built field hospitals at their own expense…plus, it’d really feed into the conspiracy theorist nut jobs out there…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.

The OP lives in the same area that I do.  Ages 5 and up are eligible to be vaccinated.  On January 3, anyone aged 5 and older that is not fully vaccinated cannot go to restaurants, theaters, etc. as he mentioned.  I have no idea if he intends to vaccinate his child and frankly it is none of my business.  I do think mandating children as young as 5 years old to be vaccinated to enter these establishments is over-reaching, and I certainly would not subscribe to the "fuck them" mentality.

If someone isn't vaccinating their eligible child I throw them in the "fuck them" pile. It's not the kids fault their parents make bad decisions.

I applaud your local government for taking a stand based on common sense and science.
  • Options
    Stayed in all day today except for work.

It's been below -30 c here all week, why would I want to willingly go out in that?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.

If someone isn't vaccinating their eligible child I throw them in the "fuck them" pile. It's not the kids fault their parents make bad decisions.

I applaud your local government for taking a stand based on common sense and science.
    Good approach.  I'm sure you'll get a lot of bad decision-making parents that don't want to vaccinate their 5 year old to jump on board when you tell them to fuck off. 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.

Good approach.  I'm sure you'll get a lot of bad decision-making parents that don't want to vaccinate their 5 year old to jump on board when you tell them to fuck off. 

Four out of five of our kids are vaccinated.  We are on the fence about our 8 year old.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,419
    dignin said:
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.

you are factoring in possible health considerations for these otherwiise eligible children before your seemingly blanket "fuck them" aren't  you?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    Took 5 kids to play lazer tag in a core bubble (not an illegal birthday) party. Hell, they go to school together. I'm doing what's permitted and bending the odd rule.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Fuck the unvaccinated.

Four out of five of our kids are vaccinated.  We are on the fence about our 8 year old.  
    I don't blame you for your hesitancy.  Be careful saying that out loud in this place though. 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,669
    What is up with parents?  Why wouldn’t they vaccinate a five year old who has a .0001% chance of having issues from Covid?  Monsters!
  • Options
    What is up with parents?  Why wouldn’t they vaccinate a five year old who has a .0001% chance of having issues from Covid?  Monsters!
    Bad decision-makers.  Fuck them.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited December 2021
    bbiggs said:
    Bad decision-makers.  Fuck them.

Agreed. Terrible parents.  They obviously don’t love America.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The only thing I’m sold on is that the vaccine should keep me alive and out of the hospital…good enough for me.  If other folks choose to live with risk…so be it.  However, the unvaccinated should be moved to military built field hospitals at their own expense…plus, it’d really feed into the conspiracy theorist nut jobs out there…
    We call them FEMA camps and they should be transported by black helicopters.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Kids can still transmit, if I’m not mistaken. I understand that someone would not just jump to “the greater good” if it could pose a risk to their child’s health but it is more than just chance of survival.

I think I would vaccinate my eligible kids…but I am glad not to have that decision to make. Covid has roughly doubled the already healthy list of reasons I am glad I never had kids.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,419
    OnWis97 said:
    Kids can still transmit, if I’m not mistaken. I understand that someone would not just jump to “the greater good” if it could pose a risk to their child’s health but it is more than just chance of survival.

I think I would vaccinate my eligible kids…but I am glad not to have that decision to make. Covid has roughly doubled the already healthy list of reasons I am glad I never had kids.

+1
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.