Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• My eldest 2 tested positive  just now. And their  unvaxxed mum for a second time. They  are both vaxxed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    My eldest 2 tested positive  just now. And their  unvaxxed mum for a second time. They  are both vaxxed
    known varient?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • No idea
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • This wave, what is it, 3rd, 4th? This one I know far more people getting it than the previous year.  It's not surprising though considering no one wear masks anymore and congregate in masses.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,300
    This wave, what is it, 3rd, 4th? This one I know far more people getting it than the previous year.  It's not surprising though considering no one wear masks anymore and congregate in masses.
    This year definitely feels way worse than last year. More deaths too here in the US. Crazy. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    nicknyr15 said:
    This wave, what is it, 3rd, 4th? This one I know far more people getting it than the previous year.  It's not surprising though considering no one wear masks anymore and congregate in masses.
    This year definitely feels way worse than last year. More deaths too here in the US. Crazy. 
    Not to me. I think 2020 was way worse.  More deaths,  yes... but to some extent that was self chosen after April.  It's terrible but there's some responsibility. 
  • This is going  bat shit  crazy here. Many many cases these  last 2 days. Inc many close to me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• These are vaxxed  and triple vaxxed also
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Not to me. I think 2020 was way worse.  More deaths,  yes... but to some extent that was self chosen after April.  It's terrible but there's some responsibility. 
    To each his own. Besides March and Apri of 2020, this feels worse. 
  • Im reading  we have a pm brief on tv today. Cases have got to 200,000 a day and by end of dec 1m a day. This seems to be wildfire 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    To each his own. Besides March and Apri of 2020, this feels worse. 
    But why?  We have a vaccine, we have effective treatments, we have all the tools to make this a manageable disease.  Why would you feel like things are worse when we have actual tools to combat it, if you happen to catch it?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Smellyman said:
    Zod said:
    mickeyrat said:

I think it's cute that countries still think they can stop the spread of Covid by restricting travel to the country where the virus or the variant originated.  Totally ignoring the fact the world is global and it would of already gotten footholds in other places.  If you were really worried you'd completely shut down international travel, except the transport of goods.  Otherwise all it really does is delay the inevitable.  It's like they've learned nothing in almost 2 years.

It's cute that you think it's cute

I guess, but restricting travel to only a handful of countries where the new variant originated did pretty much nothing. In a world of easy global travel if your serious about stopping/slowing down the spread you'd have to try to lock down your border completely (or at least from non-essential travel).   Where that's actually an option, I'm not sure.   Why governments, after almost 2 years, think you can contain the spread by this method I'm not sure.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    If only there was a way to reduce the number of COVID deaths in 2021, like a vaccine or something.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    If only there was a way to reduce the number of COVID deaths in 2021, like a vaccine or something.
    No way Covid deaths are as high as last year.  Does anyone have a chart for this?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    If only.

Thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers.
    nicknyr15 said:
    No way Covid deaths are as high as last year.  Does anyone have a chart for this?
    I think they are pretty close to even.  But remember we had no vaccine for the first quarter of this year, and things were rampant in the winter.  Plus Delta was worse for the unvaxxed.  So it makes sense to me that 21 will end with higher deaths than 20.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    Higher this year in the US.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Higher this year in the US.
    That surprises me too. But in 2020 there were essentially none in January and February.  Combine that with the fact that people are actually out doing stuff and have pretty much abandoned their masks and I guess it isn’t that crazy.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • There might be a lot more behind it than more people being out & about and abandoning their masks. 

• Multiple places, states and hospital systems, have reported that 90% of covid deaths are among the unvaxxed. Add throwing hissy fits about wearing masks and socially distancing into the mix and here we are. ‘Murica and it’s freedumbs.

I wonder what the down stream effect has been on death rates due to ICU units being at capacity and hospitals overwhelmed?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    So fucking sick of this shit. 

My company just required proof of vaccination starting on Monday. If you aren't vaxxed, you have to wear a mask. I have a feeling that some people will be fired by the end of the week.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    There might be a lot more behind it than more people being out & about and abandoning their masks. 

excellent piece. thanks for sharing. that "sunset variation" was pretty ingenious, indeed. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Just looked up deaths this year.  we have already surpassed last years death here in the US.

I just don't understand that.  It's crazy.

80% are 65 and older.  It's like a virus was made to take out the elderly, holy shit...

My next thing to google is if the life expectancy in the US has decreased because of this.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    mfc2006 said:

My company just required proof of vaccination starting on Monday. If you aren't vaxxed, you have to wear a mask. I have a feeling that some people will be fired by the end of the week.

good
    Just looked up deaths this year.  we have already surpassed last years death here in the US.

80% are 65 and older.  It's like a virus was made to take out the elderly, holy shit...

My next thing to google is if the life expectancy in the US has decreased because of this.
    delta
    republican governors refusing to keep up any sort of mandate (masks, social distancing, etc). 
    pandemic exhaustion. I think a lot of people of all politics have grown complacent. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    Just looked up deaths this year.  we have already surpassed last years death here in the US.

delta
    republican governors refusing to keep up any sort of mandate (masks, social distancing, etc). 
    pandemic exhaustion. I think a lot of people of all politics have grown complacent. 

last year was really 9- 9 1/2 months of it. this year we are at 11 1/2 months as off today.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Smellyman said:
    mfc2006 said:

good
    Yup. There's a certain individual that hasn't shown up this week that I know hasn't been vaccinated and they should be replaced anyway because they simply don't do their job. I've known of her vaccine status, so I keep my office door shut and have told her repeatedly to put on a mask if she needs to talk to me. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    company of about 200 people. vaxx mandate went into effect Nov 26. Only one person has left the company since then. not sure if it was anti-vaxx or not, but it was a long term employee who was well respected. 

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    "I don’t know how to put this in a way that will not make me sound flippant: No one cares. Literally speaking, I know that isn’t true, because if it were, the articles wouldn’t be commissioned. But outside the world inhabited by the professional and managerial classes in a handful of major metropolitan areas, many, if not most, Americans are leading their lives as if COVID is over, and they have been for a long while."

Where I Live, No One Cares About COVID - The Atlantic

I found this piece entertaining and it also falls in line with the thinking that I am seeing with more and more people.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    "I don’t know how to put this in a way that will not make me sound flippant: No one cares. Literally speaking, I know that isn’t true, because if it were, the articles wouldn’t be commissioned. But outside the world inhabited by the professional and managerial classes in a handful of major metropolitan areas, many, if not most, Americans are leading their lives as if COVID is over, and they have been for a long while."

Where I Live, No One Cares About COVID - The Atlantic

I found this piece entertaining and it also falls in line with the thinking that I am seeing with more and more people.
    Where I live it's the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.