Options

2022 North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    It would make sense to schedule new shows that are 100% vaxxed, and do the rescheduled shows March 2022, rather than having people who aren’t vaxxed try to get refunds
    Yep
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,991
    IF we get some November shows, when should we get an announcement? I'd assume it would have to be sometime soon. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    JojoRice said:
    IF we get some November shows, when should we get an announcement? I'd assume it would have to be sometime soon. 
    Is there any possibility they pull a Foo and announce like a week or two before? I say no… but how fun would that surprise be.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,245
    I'm predicting the clue is November Rain related and PJ will be coheadlining with G and F'n R in 2023
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    tdawe said:
    November announcement of rescheduled dates for March/April?
    That seems reasonable, but an announcement soon that a few dates are being scheduled for  November with a couple somewhat close to the middle of the country wouldn’t break my heart. Chicago, Indy, Cincinnati or Louisville would be just fine. 
    I was joking, trying to take a piss while everyone gets excited about a fall rumor.

(But I also really do think that the plan is for spring 2020 shows to be rescheduled in spring 2022, with the two festivals being the only 2021 shows.)
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    edited July 2021
    Maybe take advantage of the press for the 30th anniversary of Ten?

Announce a few Seattle shows at the new arena in November (vaccinations required) and the rescheduled 2020 dates in Feb/March 2022. 

Hometown shows would require no travel for the band or crew. And since they’d be selling tickets from scratch they could require vaccinations without any problem. 
    Post edited by uglybabo on
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779
    vedpunk said:
    Oh wow, heard some GREAT news today.  All I can say is November.
    GREAT as in GREAT LAKES shows in November?
    * books hotels in Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    November announcement of rescheduled dates for March/April?
    That seems reasonable, but an announcement soon that a few dates are being scheduled for  November with a couple somewhat close to the middle of the country wouldn’t break my heart. Chicago, Indy, Cincinnati or Louisville would be just fine. 
    I was joking, trying to take a piss while everyone gets excited about a fall rumor.

(But I also really do think that the plan is for spring 2020 shows to be rescheduled in spring 2022, with the two festivals being the only 2021 shows.)
    You are probably right, but hope springs eternal. 
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    uglybabo said:
    vedpunk said:
    Climate Pledge Arena?

Kraken starting the season this fall, Pearl Jam would make a great debut concert. 

Eric Church is playing there on October 30.  Based on already announced shows, he will be the first concert at Climate Pledge Arena.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    Great news is an obvious reference to the Greater Boston area. Providence, Manchester, Worcester...here we come. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    JimmyV said:
    Great news is an obvious reference to the Greater Boston area. Providence, Manchester, Worcester...here we come. 
    A nice quick tour through the northeast is just what they need to shake off the cobwebs. 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Yefa said:
    uglybabo said:
    vedpunk said:
    Climate Pledge Arena?

Kraken starting the season this fall, Pearl Jam would make a great debut concert. 

Eric Church is playing there on October 30.  Based on already announced shows, he will be the first concert at Climate Pledge Arena.

Kinda sucks they wouldn't be the ones to christen the place.  Might be the 1st rock band
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited July 2021

wbutler29 said:
    Yefa said:
    uglybabo said:
    vedpunk said:
    Climate Pledge Arena?

Kinda sucks they wouldn't be the ones to christen the place.  Might be the 1st rock band
    It’s possible.  Evanescence and Halestorm are there on November 7.
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited July 2021
    uglybabo said:

Announce a few Seattle shows at the new arena in November (vaccinations required) and the rescheduled 2020 dates in Feb/March 2022. 

Hometown shows would require no travel for the band or crew. And since they’d be selling tickets from scratch they could require vaccinations without any problem. 
    ^ x 3
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,278
    vedpunk said:
    uglybabo said:

^ x 3
    I get the more is better regardless theory and I would inevitably try to attend but I would be very disappointed if they add new indoor shows before playing at least some of the over 30 sold and on hold across two continents.  If they add new outdoor shows, that’s another story.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    vedpunk said:
    uglybabo said:

^ x 3
    Niceeeee
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,917
    vedpunk said:
    uglybabo said:

^ x 3
    Niceeeee
    sign me up!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    The area around the new arena is really cool for people who are travelling in. The Space Needle and MoPop are both right there, and the monorail will run you right downtown from there. We stayed a few blocks from there in 2018.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,288
    How hard is it going to be to get tickets? 2013 was the craziest I've ever seen it to get tickets to a Seattle PJ show and that was almost 8 years ago now.   It was pretty hard in 2000/2002/2009, but 2013 was off the charts.  Even if they had announced a 2nd show in '13, that first one was sold out  in 1 second (save for when they opened up the behind stage seats).

I guess my question is after selling out 2 shows at Safeco in '18, is the Arena big enough? lol.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    How hard is it going to be to get tickets? 2013 was the craziest I've ever seen it to get tickets to a Seattle PJ show and that was almost 8 years ago now.   It was pretty hard in 2000/2002/2009, but 2013 was off the charts.  Even if they had announced a 2nd show in '13, that first one was sold out  in 1 second (save for when they opened up the behind stage seats).

I guess my question is after selling out 2 shows at Safeco in '18, is the Arena big enough? lol.
    Good call, demand is gonna be thru the roof.  
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    I expect the 10c odds for both GA and seats to be in the single digit %
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    vedpunk said:
    uglybabo said:

^ x 3
    I get the more is better regardless theory and I would inevitably try to attend but I would be very disappointed if they add new indoor shows before playing at least some of the over 30 sold and on hold across two continents.  If they add new outdoor shows, that’s another story.  
    I don’t understand this. You were given the privilege of having the option to hold on to your tickets or get a refund.  
  • Options
    ISO two tickets for a November Seattle show.  ;)
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,278
    vedpunk said:
    uglybabo said:

^ x 3
    I don’t understand this. You were given the privilege of having the option to hold on to your tickets or get a refund.  
    It’s not the money.  It’s the super long wait to see a show.  Might not be so easy to get tickets to new shows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    I wonder how convenient this is going to be since I’m flying home to Seattle for thanksgiving…
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,463
    Is there an actual rumor about Seattle in November or is that speculation based on the November hint that was dropped?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Is there an actual rumor about Seattle in November or is that speculation based on the November hint that was dropped?
    Vedpunk posted they heard great news about November; my part about the Seattle shows was total speculation - I have no inside info. 

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,463
    uglybabo said:
    on2legs said:
    Vedpunk posted they heard great news about November; my part about the Seattle shows was total speculation - I have no inside info. 

Gotcha.  Thats what I thought but a few posts made me think I missed another hint.  😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,515
    If they're still buddies with the promoter in Hartford, I can see them playing that market real soon.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    uglybabo said:
    on2legs said:

Gotcha.  Thats what I thought but a few posts made me think I missed another hint.  😁
    Vedpunk responded to my speculation with x 3 so maybe people are running with that. 
This discussion has been closed.