Options

2022 North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    Cool. Fingers crossed. 

nalyd61 said:
    Is Seattle rumor based on speculation or facts. ?
    vedpunk is one of a select few who have given accurate info time and time again. he alluded to sea shows in oct. he did say nothing was confirmed yet, but in the works. i would put my money on oct shows happening in sea, if his past hints are any indicator. 

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,823
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    New update: month earlier.  Nothing set in stone but starting to solidify.  Getting pumped! 
    Damnit vedpunk my birthday is not in October! Tell pj to tour in November.  
    Mine is November 5th. But I will be happy to celebrate it in October. It seems Scruffy has rescinded is ISO tix so I will gladly say: ISO 2 (I don't have a family of 14) Seattle tix! It's going to be my birthday(ish) and would mean so much to me. 🤣
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,989
    Looking for 2 tickets to all 3 nights! 🤪🤪🤪
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Looking for 2 tickets to all 3 nights! 🤪🤪🤪
    ISO 2 for all 3 nights and 2 more for the secret pre-show (i.e. The Vic in Chicago) 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,831
    JojoRice said:
    nalyd61 said:
    vedpunk is one of a select few who have given accurate info time and time again. he alluded to sea shows in oct. he did say nothing was confirmed yet, but in the works. i would put my money on oct shows happening in sea, if his past hints are any indicator. 
    I concur. Plus with the timing of the new arena opening up, it all makes sense. 
    Can someone point to me the past hints that were right? 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    nalyd61 said:
    I concur. Plus with the timing of the new arena opening up, it all makes sense. 
    Can someone point to me the past hints that were right? 
    2018 2020 at least if I remember correctly. It’s probably pretty easy to look up if you need more
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    While some interviews can be taken with a grain of salt and things change fast with Covid does this interview sound like one that screams they care enough about opening up the refurbed arena and not about their thoughts on what can make a safe show? Maybe and hopefully they do it with certain safety regulations put in place now that others have been successful. This is Jeff awhile back on Variety

Firing up the whole Pearl Jam organization for just two shows can’t be easy. Are there plans for any other touring this year?

I don’t think there’s any way we’re going into arenas before the end of the year. I think we’ll wait to see how everything shakes out. We have so many fans that travel, and that’s the thing that freaks me out the most. You see how bad things are with COVID in South America right now and you think about 50 people getting on planes and coming to one of the upcoming shows. I would guess that a good portion of our fans are vaccinated, but some may not be, and some may be immune-compromised. The last thing we want to do is be a part of anybody getting really sick or dying. We’re going to take our time. It feels like playing Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now is a perfect way to get our feet wet. Both of those environments are going to be crazily celebratory and it’s going to be awesome. It’s going to be so awesome (laughs).

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJNB said:
    While some interviews can be taken with a grain of salt and things change fast with Covid does this interview sound like one that screams they care enough about opening up the refurbed arena and not about their thoughts on what can make a safe show? Maybe and hopefully they do it with certain safety regulations put in place now that others have been successful. This is Jeff awhile back on Variety

Firing up the whole Pearl Jam organization for just two shows can’t be easy. Are there plans for any other touring this year?

I don’t think there’s any way we’re going into arenas before the end of the year. I think we’ll wait to see how everything shakes out. We have so many fans that travel, and that’s the thing that freaks me out the most. You see how bad things are with COVID in South America right now and you think about 50 people getting on planes and coming to one of the upcoming shows. I would guess that a good portion of our fans are vaccinated, but some may not be, and some may be immune-compromised. The last thing we want to do is be a part of anybody getting really sick or dying. We’re going to take our time. It feels like playing Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now is a perfect way to get our feet wet. Both of those environments are going to be crazily celebratory and it’s going to be awesome. It’s going to be so awesome (laughs).

i would believe vedpunk sooner than any interview. history doesnt lie, vedpunk has been on point, past interviews have been all over the map. theres safe shows and sporting events taking place all over the US right now. its time to move on. i know nothing, but i'll put my coin on vedpunk over jeff ament right now... 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,278
    I think Vedpunk had them playing ACL this year at one point.  Nonetheless I’m hopeful there is something to this one.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    I think Vedpunk had them playing ACL this year at one point.  Nonetheless I’m hopeful there is something to this one.  
    For sure. A lot of us have been predicting multiple Seattle shows happening sometime this year. That Jeff interview killed a lot of that hope though for me. Interviews have been wrong in the past but this one with safety feels a bit different. Hope I am wrong and they do pull something like that off. 3 or 4 arena shows in Seattle is the exact scenario Jeff was worried about though. It would be a huge travel show from all over the world. I think we are ready but just felt the band was not yet. Also I know vedpunk has been right in the past. I am not questioning that.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    PJNB said:
    For sure. A lot of us have been predicting multiple Seattle shows happening sometime this year. That Jeff interview killed a lot of that hope though for me. Interviews have been wrong in the past but this one with safety feels a bit different. Hope I am wrong and they do pull something like that off. 3 or 4 arena shows in Seattle is the exact scenario Jeff was worried about though. It would be a huge travel show from all over the world. I think we are ready but just felt the band was not yet. Also I know vedpunk has been right in the past. I am not questioning that.
    I’d wager that there are a whole lot of people out there who have changed their minds about what they are or aren’t comfortable with doing since the time Jeff gave that interview. Jeff is entitled to change his mind too, 
  • Options
    kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 55

I’d wager that there are a whole lot of people out there who have changed their minds about what they are or aren’t comfortable with doing since the time Jeff gave that interview. Jeff is entitled to change his mind too, 
    This is so true, we very quickly, maybe 2 months, went from empty arenas and outdoor stadiums to full indoor arenas for concerts and sports
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,278
    I guess technically Jeff said no arenas (plural).  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779
    I can see how having a one-off show where they can require vaccination like Foo @ MSG could easily happen. Want to limit travelers? Announce it a few weeks before the show, not months ahead where we can all consider making the trip.

I’m not holding out hope, but I’d love to see this happen. Hell, that’d even be the best venue/event to experiment a paid streaming show if they’d promote keeping people at home.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Yeah I think Jeff said something about how he thought most of their fans would choose to be vaccinated, but if they announced a show where that was mandatory that would solve that. 

They could even limit it to Washington residents if they wanted to discourage travel. 
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 462
    I’ve heard Oct is a possibility for a show near me.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    logan5ive said:
    I’ve heard Oct is a possibility for a show near me.

Seattle I get with the refurb arena opening back up and having that an all vaxx show. If they are doing something close to you it seems like the floodgates would be opening up for shows this fall and someone should bump the 2021 thread! 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Yeah that definitely makes things interesting 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    Very.  Per my source, ACL was in the cards but something changed last minute…….with this Dallas rumor, maybe a short fall tour instead? 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    vedpunk said:
    Very.  Per my source, ACL was in the cards but something changed last minute…….with this Dallas rumor, maybe a short fall tour instead? 
    Trying to think of what the rest of the Tour would look like, since all we have so far Is Dallas and Seattle and the rest of the west coast for the most part is covered by the 2020 dates 

Would they back track back to Dallas after Ohana, then run through ABQ, salt lake, Boise and Portland on their way back to Seattle?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited July 2021
    vedpunk said:
    Trying to think of what the rest of the Tour would look like, since all we have so far Is Dallas and Seattle and the rest of the west coast for the most part is covered by the 2020 dates 

Would they back track back to Dallas after Ohana, then run through ABQ, salt lake, Boise and Portland on their way back to Seattle?
    Well, the festival shows don’t really require a lot of their own equipment or crew so they could easily do the festivals and start a tour from whenever. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,027
    ^Just spitballing from here, but maybe...

- Ohana
    - Phoenix (make-up show), or Tucson (new show)
    - ABQ
    - Dallas (or Houston) I & II 
    - OKC (make-up show), or Wichita, KS (new show)
    - Denver (make-up show) and/or Red Rocks (new show) I & II
    - SLC and/or Boise
    - Portland, OR
    - Seattle I & II

• Some 1-nighters, a few "let's play two"
    • If no make-ups, ALL outdoor? 
    • no more than a dozen (baker's, or otherwise), no burnout, Ed's throat gets a rest

Thoughts?
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,027
    vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:

Well, the festival shows don’t really require a lot of their own equipment or crew so they could easily do the festivals and start a tour from whenever. 
    Good point. Maybe then half the route I was thinking:

- Dallas (or Houston) I & II 
    - Wichita, KS (or Kansas City)
    - Red Rocks I & II
    - SLC and/or Boise
    - Portland, OR
    - Seattle I & II
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,280
    Would they really play a mini tour while everyone is sitting on cancelled tour tickets?

I could see a few home shows, but a mini tour seems unlikely?  Especially in Colorado, Oregon, or Seattle.  Weather in those places in oct/nov isn't really conducive to outdoor concerts?

I could see Seattle by itself, but playing a tour (even small) would kind of rub salt on all the fans sitting on tickets?  Especially if they play places that would need indoor venues at that time of year.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 587
    edited July 2021
    If they announced new shows with the re-scheduled dates, I don’t see an issue. 
    I would be surprised to see anything substantial added, but it might make economic sense for them to put together some shows since the band is getting together for the two fests and/or do some Seattle shows for new arena/raise money for local causes.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,989
    Im currently holding tickets for Nashville & St Louis. I'm all for a mini fall tour! Even if it doesn't include the shows that are currently postponed. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    The only reason any current ticket holder should be annoyed by a tour this fall is if they still haven’t communicated the plans for the rescheduled dates. But if both plans come out all at once, everyone should be happy. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    believe Jeff! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Don't wanna, ain't gonna!! 😁
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    JimmyV said:
    What happened to the forthcoming album produced by Brendan O'Brien and containing Can't Deny Me is a fascinating question that we will likely never get an answer to. 

When it comes out, will it be big, bold and free?

But you're completely right. Until we get an official answer, I'll believe it was scrapped. Maybe some stuff from those sessions landed on Gigaton, maybe not.
    How about Lost Dogs 2, or maybe a reissue of Lost Dogs on vinyl with a couple of extra discs with bunch of the B sides recorded  since the first one? 

Lost Dogs 2: Remixes??

Not counting the remixes off the albums, there's different versions of Even Flow, Alive and Once off Rearviewmirror. Oceans has a remix off (I think) the Even Flow single.

I wonder what else they have locked up.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
This discussion has been closed.