Options

2022 North American rumour thread

D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,808
Well somebody had to do it.
      I have a question for anybody living in Northern California.   With Oakland’s baseball stadium and arena situated in the same parking lot do they ever have events on the same day?  If the dates match up as they were 2020 ( Saturday, Sunday in April) is it possible to have an A’s game in the afternoon and an evening concert. 
1996.....Toronto
2005.....Hamilton
2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
2013.....London, Buffalo
2014.....Detroit
2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
2024.....???? 

Comments

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 529
    Thanks for starting, OP!  Here in Boston anyway - it’s a whole ordeal to have concerts at Fenway. Requires multiple days to configure everything. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    Hoping for the February/ March rumor to come true.  February is classically a boring month so that would fit into my schedule perfectly.

Driving to the Canadian shows in February would be only slightly horrible but I’d take anything at this point 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,307
    D-Rod said:
          I have a question for anybody living in Northern California.   With Oakland’s baseball stadium and arena situated in the same parking lot do they ever have events on the same day?  If the dates match up as they were 2020 ( Saturday, Sunday in April) is it possible to have an A’s game in the afternoon and an evening concert. 
    Yes, game 7 of the 2016 NBA finals I went to an A's game @ 1pm and then to the basketball game that evening 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,552
    I had tickets to an As game same day as one of the 2020 scheduled shows 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    5 tickets staring at me for a year and a half waiting to be used. Can't wait to see what else they add that I will try and make in 2022 as well. 
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,626
    Reschedule the Apollo!!
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    edited June 2021
    What we (think we) know for 2022:

- NA 2020 tour rescheduled for Feb/March 2022
    - A show in Dallas added to the previous schedule
    - Additional nights at MSG possibly in the works for either the spring or the Fall

And then me, hoping for the return to Cleveland after 12 years 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    My guess for next year...

-March/April 2022 rescheduled spring tour from 2020

-Summer 2022 European tour already announced
    -Fall 2022 the usual tour stops. Two nights in Philly, two night in NYC area and two nights in New England area and possibly hitting some places they haven’t played in awhile, (Pittsburgh, Ohio, the Midwest, etc.) and probably ending in the pacific north west.  

Again, just my guess/assumption given some
    hints that were dropped when the original spring 2020 tour was announced.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options

- Additional nights at MSG possibly in the works for either the spring or the Fall

A couple of shows at Wrigley Field was rumoured for the late Summer  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,487
    D-Rod said:

There were many nights where there were both A's and Warriors games. The Coliseum Authority used these nights to jack up parking prices to try and dissuade as many people as possible from driving.
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 306
    Hoping for an added MSG show for the spring tour 🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    D-Rod said:

There were many nights where there were both A's and Warriors games. The Coliseum Authority used these nights to jack up parking prices to try and dissuade as many people as possible from driving.
    I grew up in San Jose and went to the Coliseum many times to see shows and games. I took BART as much as I could. Getting out of the parking lot there sucked. The only place worse was Candlestick. After 49er games you might as well take a long nap, because you weren't leaving for a while. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    My guess for next year...

-March/April 2022 rescheduled spring tour from 2020

-Summer 2022 European tour already announced
    -Fall 2022 the usual tour stops. Two nights in Philly, two night in NYC area and two nights in New England area and possibly hitting some places they haven’t played in awhile, (Pittsburgh, Ohio, the Midwest, etc.) and probably ending in the pacific north west.  

Again, just my guess/assumption given some
    hints that were dropped when the original spring 2020 tour was announced.
    I can't see them playing anywhere in New England other than Fenway at this point... as long as they can keep selling out 2 nights there (or come close) it doesn't make sense to play smaller venues. 

I won't complain since I live so damn close, but I would kill to see them back in the Garden. (not that the Garden is any great shakes, but I would take an arena over a ball park all day every day). 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 930
    this morning on Howard Stern he announced he is taking off the summer starting this week until September. He followed that with there will be a couple major concert announcements when he returns. So, does that put the Apollo back in play this fall? I don't remember, was it was a Sirius XM concert I believe? 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477

I HOPE it's not Feb/March. Driving across the Country that time of year with the potential of shitty weather, would not be fun.

I'd like to see it closer to the original date: late March/early April.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,626
    DEGBTI said:
    this morning on Howard Stern he announced he is taking off the summer starting this week until September. He followed that with there will be a couple major concert announcements when he returns. So, does that put the Apollo back in play this fall? I don't remember, was it was a Sirius XM concert I believe? 
    It was a Sirius concert. And I hope you’re right. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    If things go well & more & more folks get fully vaccinated, here's hoping Toronto, Quebec City, Ottawa & Hamilton shows come through next March 2022.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    DEGBTI said:
    He’s taking the summer off from what? All the touring that’s been happening? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Atlanta deserves a tour stop in 2022.  Not sure if there's another metropolitan area which has been passed over more.  One tour stop in last twenty years....and it was a festival. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 828
    RT85129 said:
    Atlanta deserves a tour stop in 2022.  Not sure if there's another metropolitan area which has been passed over more.  One tour stop in last twenty years....and it was a festival. 
    Houston says hold my beer. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,184
    Yes to Atlanta! And please Nashville and St. Louis first full week of April! That’s my spring break!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    vedpunk said:
    RT85129 said:
    Seriously. Texas as a whole has been ignored. Three festival sets and one arena show since 2003?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    ComeToTX said:
    vedpunk said:
    RT85129 said:
    Seriously. Texas as a whole has been ignored. Three festival sets and one arena show since 2003?

Kind of crazy . . . Houston is tailor-made for PJ fan base.  4th largest city in the US.  two major, international airports within 45 minutes of a 20,000 seat NBA arena and a 20,000+ outdoor amphitheater. Tough to play in the summer, but from Sept-May pretty decent weather.  I understand the bush-era resentment, but Houston is changing slowly but surely.
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 637
    RT85129 said:
    this

ever since Jeff got jumped.....
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    wbutler29 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    vedpunk said:
    RT85129 said:

Kind of crazy . . . Houston is tailor-made for PJ fan base.  4th largest city in the US.  two major, international airports within 45 minutes of a 20,000 seat NBA arena and a 20,000+ outdoor amphitheater. Tough to play in the summer, but from Sept-May pretty decent weather.  I understand the bush-era resentment, but Houston is changing slowly but surely.
    ^^^This.   Toyota center is a great arena with lots of hotels nearby.   Two airports within 20-25 miles of arena 
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 411
    I heard on a SiriusXM show weeks ago one producer said he talked to a higher up there and he said they are doing the Apollo show
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Recapping:

1) Hopefully March/April for the USA dates we already know.

2) Europe in the summer.

3) There was supposed to be a fall 2020 tour through the USA. I remember hearing:
    Pittsburgh
    Columbus OR Cleveland
    Chicago, but not Wrigley Field
    I'm sure another NYC date or two would have happened and possibly Philadelphia. The only reason they couldn't two NYC dates in spring 2020 was due to the the arena being booked. If they do NYC, they can easily do Philly.

Obviously numbers one and two we know. Three was in discussions when it fell apart. Obviously, there's been nothing past discussions. No tickets, no posters, nothing.

Hopefully #3 happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take time off and head to the southern hemisphere in November or Feb/March of 2023. (As long as the Cubs stay remotely relevant, don't expect anything for October due to playoffs.)

I wouldn't be surprised if we get the original USA dates plus a few more. The arena in Seattle will have been used by then and if they're re-scheduling one NYC date, they could easily do another plus more dates in that area.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    wbutler29 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    vedpunk said:
    RT85129 said:

BINGO.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    every major metro area in TX is blue now.  that excuse doesn't hold up.
    4 big takeaways for Texas Bexar County after 2020 election
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Recapping:

1) Hopefully March/April for the USA dates we already know.

2) Europe in the summer.

3) There was supposed to be a fall 2020 tour through the USA. I remember hearing:
    Pittsburgh
    Columbus OR Cleveland
    Chicago, but not Wrigley Field
    I'm sure another NYC date or two would have happened and possibly Philadelphia. The only reason they couldn't two NYC dates in spring 2020 was due to the the arena being booked. If they do NYC, they can easily do Philly.

Obviously numbers one and two we know. Three was in discussions when it fell apart. Obviously, there's been nothing past discussions. No tickets, no posters, nothing.

Hopefully #3 happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take time off and head to the southern hemisphere in November or Feb/March of 2023. (As long as the Cubs stay remotely relevant, don't expect anything for October due to playoffs.)

I wouldn't be surprised if we get the original USA dates plus a few more. The arena in Seattle will have been used by then and if they're re-scheduling one NYC date, they could easily do another plus more dates in that area.

Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin were also rumored on the 2020 fall leg   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
This discussion has been closed.