Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    TH113769 said:
    jdopj said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Maybe im stupid but isn’t everyone on these crews required to be vaccinated? And are we still testing the entire band and crew daily? And if a member of the crew tests positive why is the whole show cancelled? Who are we protecting? Especially if the shows requires a vaccination to enter? Im just not getting it honestly. This can’t be the way forward. 
    I couldn’t agree more.

I suppose I'm stupid as well.  Everyone on the crew / band is vaccinated (lets assume).  The daily Covid tests can pick up an extremely small amount of virus where the infection is asymptomatic (see NY Yankees), yet the show gets cancelled?  If you are vaccinated you have a better chance of being struck by lighting then dying from Covid (or even being hospitalized), so who are you protecting?  Covid is going to be around forever, so lets learn how to deal with it. With all the "protections" being put in place for vaxed people we might as well not let people drive cars, as that is honestly more of a danger to society than Covid is to a Vaxed person.  

And yes, tons of shows are going on and I'm not aware of any major sporting event being cancelled because of Covid since vaccines.    
    Sporting events are adapting. No fans in a few. 100% vax for Raiders i think. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    TH113769 said:
    jdopj said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Maybe im stupid but isn’t everyone on these crews required to be vaccinated? And are we still testing the entire band and crew daily? And if a member of the crew tests positive why is the whole show cancelled? Who are we protecting? Especially if the shows requires a vaccination to enter? Im just not getting it honestly. This can’t be the way forward. 
    I couldn’t agree more.

I suppose I'm stupid as well.  Everyone on the crew / band is vaccinated (lets assume).  The daily Covid tests can pick up an extremely small amount of virus where the infection is asymptomatic (see NY Yankees), yet the show gets cancelled?  If you are vaccinated you have a better chance of being struck by lighting then dying from Covid (or even being hospitalized), so who are you protecting?  Covid is going to be around forever, so lets learn how to deal with it. With all the "protections" being put in place for vaxed people we might as well not let people drive cars, as that is honestly more of a danger to society than Covid is to a Vaxed person.  

And yes, tons of shows are going on and I'm not aware of any major sporting event being cancelled because of Covid since vaccines.    
    Adapting just like concerts but not cancelled. Adapting is fine. The uncertainty if your concert is going to happen because someone on the "team" has covid is not fine imo.

How many team members does a band have anyway? Honest question. Is it everyone from security to the road crew to the light crew or is it just the top 10 or so needed to run the show? If it is everyone that is even slightly involved we are royally screwed going further. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    Pixies are the latest to bow out of their upcoming fall tour 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    nicknyr15 said:
    Pixies are the latest to bow out of their upcoming fall tour 
    Toadies too..
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Should we start posting the tours that keep rolling with no issues just to balance it out?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    edited August 2021
    ComeToTX said:
    Should we start posting the tours that keep rolling with no issues just to balance it out?
    Sure but I think when it comes to a band like PJ, i consider them more on the very cautious side. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    PJNB said:
    TH113769 said:
    jdopj said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I couldn’t agree more.

Adapting just like concerts but not cancelled. Adapting is fine. The uncertainty if your concert is going to happen because someone on the "team" has covid is not fine imo.

How many team members does a band have anyway? Honest question. Is it everyone from security to the road crew to the light crew or is it just the top 10 or so needed to run the show? If it is everyone that is even slightly involved we are royally screwed going further. 
    Agreed.  I think the Foo Fighters LA Forum show was postponed because of a crew member testing positive, which is ridiculous.  Unless it's a band member, postponing or canceling a show seems like an overreaction, IMO.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Sure but I think when it comes to a band like PJ, i consider them more on the very cautious side. 
    Yeah, but they’re also not touring. It’s basically 3 stand alone festivals. I think these go off without an issue. The make up dates for next year is what I’m concerned about. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    They maybe overly cautious but I will say one thing here with no inside connection or knowledge of any of the things they intend to put on or cancel. 

If they feel like they can not safely put on these three weekend festivals this fall there is absolutely no chance winter/spring 2022 reschedules happen where they are penciled in. No chance in hell you jump from sorry outdoor shows are not safe to ok time for indoors instead that quickly especially the months they have planned and the known timeline of when the biggest wave hits. 

I believe they are going to make every effort they can to have these shows happen with the rules they have in place. They will prove outdoor vax shows can happen safely for them as other bands have already done and then move on to the arena scene again next year. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    Man, I'm glad the band didn't listen to those of us (including me) who wanted the arena shows rescheduled for this fall.  They were right, as usual.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 384
    I just went to The Black Crowes last nite at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View,Ca. It was my 5th show post pandemic. Blue Oyster Cult was 1st show back in Paso Robles,Ca at the fair (7-24). Joan Jett & The Blackhearts in San Francisco,Ca at park (8-1). YnT in Sacramento,Ca at park (8-14). Guns n Roses in Los Angeles,Ca at Banc Stadium(8-19). None of these shows required proof of vax or test. I’m going to my 1st indoor show this Wednesday in San Jose,Ca to see Guns n’ Roses again. Hope they make it vax only for indoor shows and not accept tests. Let’s keep live music going again. Get ur fukin shots people!! 😷
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    Man, I'm glad the band didn't listen to those of us (including me) who wanted the arena shows rescheduled for this fall.  They were right, as usual.
    Not sure how it points to them being right? As others have mentioned, plenty of tours and shows going on this fall that are working out just fine so far with the new rules. I don’t think the difference between what standards/results are now will be different compared to early spring. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    MSG Entertainment stock up 15% today
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 529
    MSG Entertainment stock up 15% today
    Interesting.

One of the great lessons in life. “Follow the money.” 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    NJ has one of the best rates for fewest confirmed cases per 1000,000 population and CA isn't too far behind. Does anyone think Pearl Jam may not have an option to cancel without heavy fines for pulling out due to insurance? Especially since they just added an extra Ohana weekend about a month ago. I would imagine it may be written into the insurance contract somehow they may only be able to cancel if NJ and CA hit a certain number of confirmed cases per 100,0000 population. What are everyone thoughts? Anyone have insider knowledge?
    Does anyone know when they need to start building stages for SHN and Ohana? This could be a good indicator if either event occurs.

Disclaimer: I have tickets to SHN and both Ohana Weekends so this is what I am hoping :)
    I'm holding off on airfare until it gets closer. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Senlick said:
    NJ has one of the best rates for fewest confirmed cases per 1000,000 population and CA isn't too far behind. Does anyone think Pearl Jam may not have an option to cancel without heavy fines for pulling out due to insurance? Especially since they just added an extra Ohana weekend about a month ago. I would imagine it may be written into the insurance contract somehow they may only be able to cancel if NJ and CA hit a certain number of confirmed cases per 100,0000 population. What are everyone thoughts? Anyone have insider knowledge?
    Does anyone know when they need to start building stages for SHN and Ohana? This could be a good indicator if either event occurs.

Disclaimer: I have tickets to SHN and both Ohana Weekends so this is what I am hoping :)
    Being Danny's and Ed's festivals I would say they can do whatever they want without worry. I also think if their was an insurance clause and they felt like it they would just eat whatever the fee was. 

That said nothing is changing drastically case wise in the next couple of weeks either way so if they have not cancelled yet I really think we are good to go. 
  • Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    PJNB said:
    Senlick said:

Being Danny's and Ed's festivals I would say they can do whatever they want without worry. I also think if their was an insurance clause and they felt like it they would just eat whatever the fee was. 

That said nothing is changing drastically case wise in the next couple of weeks either way so if they have not cancelled yet I really think we are good to go. 
    I sure hope you are right and both festivals are a go!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,248
    See you at the beaches.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934

I was hoping for those rescheduled shows to happen in late Winter early Spring. 
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    demetrios said:

Likewise.  I hope they start in early March.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Requested a refund for two of my shows today from spring 2020.  Too much uncertainty and with the dates still pending, the cash is more use to me than being tied up in the tickets 

Hanging on to my Baltimore tickets though
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Faith No More replacing Limp Bizkit at Aftershock. Nice win there for a lot of people I would imagine. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    Yefa said:
    demetrios said:

Likewise.  I hope they start in early March.

Let's just pray the cases fall drastically. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    ComeToTX said:
    not to jinx things, but just saw the Dave Matthews Band Friday night in Mansfield (same venue as Pearl Jam's "The Experiment" shows in 2003) and had an absolute blast.  Hope the Gorge shows happen.  I'm supposed to see Alanis in Mansfield next weekend with Garbage and Cat Power, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    ComeToTX said:
    not to jinx things, but just saw the Dave Matthews Band Friday night in Mansfield (same venue as Pearl Jam's "The Experiment" shows in 2003) and had an absolute blast.  Hope the Gorge shows happen.  I'm supposed to see Alanis in Mansfield next weekend with Garbage and Cat Power, fingers crossed!
    I saw DMB in Tampa at the end of July. While crowded, it was outdoors, and was not too concerned about the virus. 
    Took my kids to see WWE Smackdown inside a couple of weeks ago. We wore our masks the entire time. Maybe only 10% of others did. 

I have tickets to see Metallica indoors at the Hard Rock in November (7000 seat facility). I plan to wear a mask the entire time there as well, which will be weird, but I don't have a problem doing it. 

I just wonder that, if these shows do go off in March 2022, how many think they will still go and possibly wear masks inside?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    once kids can get their vaccines, the cases will start coming down.  I'm expecting to see a bit more of a peak in the next couple of weeks with school back in session, then die down in October, then the usual Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years surge again. Then kids get vaxxed, then cases die down not only from the regular ebb and flow, but less kids to transmit the virus.  Hoping for spring. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    wife saw alanis in austin and atlanta and had a blast.
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 323
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by DE4173 on
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    Maybe this was the rumor floating around a few months back before Ohana Encore was announced 

https://www.guerrillacandy.com/2021/09/07/coldplay-to-christen-climate-pledge-arena-oct-22/

A grand opening concert featuring an all-star lineup of hometown talent was reportedly in the works
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    An enormous bummer that Coldplay is opening the CPA and not Pearl Jam. When the arena broke ground there was happy talk that PJ could do a multi-night stand to christen the reopening. 

Really frustrating that Seattle fans have to fly to San Diego or Chicago to see Pearl Jam play live. I get
    that the band doesn’t want to play indoor arenas. But I can’t help but feel like they won’t play Seattle even after the pandemic ends. I’ve got tickets for Nashville. Excited to go to Nashville. Would be more excited to walk to Seattle Center. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder