Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,253
    Choska said:
    An enormous bummer that Coldplay is opening the CPA and not Pearl Jam. When the arena broke ground there was happy talk that PJ could do a multi-night stand to christen the reopening. 

Really frustrating that Seattle fans have to fly to San Diego or Chicago to see Pearl Jam play live. I get
    that the band doesn’t want to play indoor arenas. But I can’t help but feel like they won’t play Seattle even after the pandemic ends. I’ve got tickets for Nashville. Excited to go to Nashville. Would be more excited to walk to Seattle Center. 

I'd also love to see a show in Seattle (once I can hop over the border), but I generally expected the band (for the most part) to play all the postponed dates before adding new dates.   I didn't expect them to do to many shows before figuring out how to make up the other dates.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Too bad.  That would have been an AWESOME show for PJ to play and I’m sure the arena would have loved to have them 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Ugh why are they so good at being fun

Surprise show tomorrow night at a small club just announced 

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    Oh shit! Love the 9:30 club! Will be a sick show
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    Well this was a pleasant surprise for my 10th FF show. There’s no way PJ could do it though with how demand would be worldwide. I doubt many people from outside the region tried to get tickets to this.
  • Options
    I think they could pull it off with 24 hours heads up like this one was 
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 240

Yeah, when you announce a small show like this the day before, you limit the amount of people that can travel for it.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,931
    edited September 2021
    Ugh why are they so good at being fun

Surprise show tomorrow night at a small club just announced 

I saw so many good bands there (at the old decrepit location) when I lived in the DC area. I saw an article yesterday that Dave Grohl was in DC. Now I know why. My first Foo Fighters show was at a smaller club in DC - the Black Cat in 1995. I wish I could go to this one.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    DoDaFoo said:

Yeah, when you announce a small show like this the day before, you limit the amount of people that can travel for it.
    I think thats great. Do some club shows for the locals. Sleep in your own bed. No logistical drama.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 303
    Dave's now doing what Kurt would've loved.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    out of the last 7 shows the band played, 2 of them were seattle. 

I think seattle is good for a bit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    Choska said:
    An enormous bummer that Coldplay is opening the CPA and not Pearl Jam. When the arena broke ground there was happy talk that PJ could do a multi-night stand to christen the reopening. 

Really frustrating that Seattle fans have to fly to San Diego or Chicago to see Pearl Jam play live. I get
    that the band doesn’t want to play indoor arenas. But I can’t help but feel like they won’t play Seattle even after the pandemic ends. I’ve got tickets for Nashville. Excited to go to Nashville. Would be more excited to walk to Seattle Center. 
    Yep! enormous bummer indeed.  PJ SHOULD have been the first concert at the new arena.  Not only are they not the first,  Coldplay of all bands is christening it.  Fuck this COVID!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    It is not a new arena. Pearl Jam will play there when they are ready to play arenas again. 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    PJNB said:
    It is not a new arena. Pearl Jam will play there when they are ready to play arenas again. 
    Thanks for calming me down and reassuring me.  I wasn't sure if they would ever play again. ever...  Also take a virtual tour and or read some articles about the overhaul of the Key Arena and tell me it's not new.  Buddy, I was just agreeing with someone that it would have been nice to have the hometown band open the arena, that's all.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    PJNB said:
    Thanks for calming me down and reassuring me.  I wasn't sure if they would ever play again. ever...  Also take a virtual tour and or read some articles about the overhaul of the Key Arena and tell me it's not new.  Buddy, I was just agreeing with someone that it would have been nice to have the hometown band open the arena, that's all.
     They did a fantastic job. I have been following it closely since they announced the partnership with PJ back in 2017. The comment about them playing there when they play arenas again was not meant for you. 
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    DoDaFoo said:

I think thats great. Do some club shows for the locals. Sleep in your own bed. No logistical drama.
    Kind of surprising that Pearl Jam doesn't do a secret show at a club in Seattle as part of their rehearsals for a show. I get that they don't want to do that right now. Totally fair. But AFAIK they haven't done this in Seattle in a very long time.

Maybe it is just too much of a bummer to deal with ticket requests and/or disappointed people who can't get into the Showbox or the Moore. I'm sure playing in Seattle is kind of a pain in the ass for them because the circus definitely arrives quickly.
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    PJNB said:
    It is not a new arena. Pearl Jam will play there when they are ready to play arenas again

Let us pray they will this Spring 2022.
  • Options
    If I’m guessing Toronto, I’d say March 12 or even March 13. Nothing scheduled for that weekend in terms of leafs, raptors or concerts. Leafs play in Hamilton on Sunday the 13th.  

That’s my guess
  • Options
    The Enterprise Center in St Louis has Blues home games March 8, 10, 13, 17, 24, 26, 28 and concerts March 12 and 30. There are a lot of available dates for PJ to possibly use.
  • Options
    Are they going with a 2013 style NA tour but in the spring this time with back to back legs or are they doing a split like they had planned in 2020? Hopefully we get some news after the festival shows are done!
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,251
    The Enterprise Center in St Louis has Blues home games March 8, 10, 13, 17, 24, 26, 28 and concerts March 12 and 30. There are a lot of available dates for PJ to possibly use.
    Oh please be March 5 or March 19 unless its April. Just hoping like hell it stays on a Saturday 
  • Options
    woolymanwoolyman Posts: 53
    edited September 2021
    I am so excited to see the setlist tomorrow night!  I am so crazy wanting to see the guys.... it's been so long and after all that has happened, I miss PJ and life shows the most!  Hanging onto the dream of seeing Toronto, Hamilton and Quebec city in the spring!  My last show was with my wife, celebrating our anniversary in Seattle!  

MY FEAR - Ontario and Quebec still have strict capacity limitations!  I think the Videotron Centre has a max capacity now of only 7,500 and I anticipate Scotiabank Arena and other Canadian venues follow suit.  Anyone else have this fear?  I was prompted by Guns n Roses cancelling their Mexico dates due to capacity............  if PJ reschedules the tour and cancels Canada.... I will be CRUSHED
    Post edited by woolyman on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,556
    If I’m guessing Toronto, I’d say March 12 or even March 13. Nothing scheduled for that weekend in terms of leafs, raptors or concerts. Leafs play in Hamilton on Sunday the 13th.  

That’s my guess
    Any other week but that for me please and thank you. Honestly don’t see the reasoning for Mid March as opposed to late March or early April.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    woolyman said:
    I am so excited to see the setlist tomorrow night!  I am so crazy wanting to see the guys.... it's been so long and after all that has happened, I miss PJ and life shows the most!  Hanging onto the dream of seeing Toronto, Hamilton and Quebec city in the spring!  My last show was with my wife, celebrating our anniversary in Seattle!  

MY FEAR - Ontario and Quebec still have strict capacity limitations!  I think the Videotron Centre has a max capacity now of only 7,500 and I anticipate Scotiabank Arena and other Canadian venues follow suit.  Anyone else have this fear?  I was prompted by Guns n Roses cancelling their Mexico dates due to capacity............  if PJ reschedules the tour and cancels Canada.... I will be CRUSHED

Crushed or gutted?
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    woolyman said:

Ontario's introducing vaccine passports next week. We'll be fine by March. Keep the faith!
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    woolyman said:

Mlse put in a request for full capacity. I believe the decision will come soon possibly even next week 
  • Options
    woolyman said:

Mlse put in a request for full capacity. I believe the decision will come soon possibly even next week 
    I know... Raps season starts Oct 4.... decision has to be next week.  BUT - if Raps are denied, then there is really no way that PJ can plan / secure this arena for March......... AND THEN - there is still the current problem with QC - which is 7,500 and also has a vaccine passport system already in place.  
  • Options
    woolymanwoolyman Posts: 53
    edited September 2021
    NWOntario said:
    woolyman said:

Ontario's introducing vaccine passports next week. We'll be fine by March. Keep the faith!
    Quebec already has a vaccine passport system in place - their current capacity restrictions are 7,500 indoors.  kill me now!  
    Post edited by woolyman on
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    woolyman said:

Crushed or gutted?
    BOTH TIMES INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    woolyman said:
    bbiggs said:

Crushed or gutted?
    BOTH TIMES INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CRUSTED