Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    What a sham…So not fair for the biological woman competitors.  Would love to hear how anyone can  think this man’s inclusion in woman’s swimming is acceptable and celebrated.  
    Are you confusing Ledecky with Lia Thomas?

would appear so....

I sure hope this is bull shit, and if it is I apologize for spreading a falsehood 

SHE, has been an international swimming phenom since 2012. Would not someone have made some kind of allegation or accusation between then and now? Long ago? Nothing. Not a whisper until last year.......

I'm assuming locker rooms for women/girls are generally set up the same as for men/boys. Open showers,  locker spaces,  etc. If that is true, then surely she would have been outed long ago, no?

Trying so hard to protect women's sports that they have now taken to degrading women.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,987
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    What a sham…So not fair for the biological woman competitors.  Would love to hear how anyone can  think this man’s inclusion in woman’s swimming is acceptable and celebrated.  

would appear so....

I sure hope this is bull shit, and if it is I apologize for spreading a falsehood 

SHE, has been an international swimming phenom since 2012. Would not someone have made some kind of allegation or accusation between then and now? Long ago? Nothing. Not a whisper until last year.......

I'm assuming locker rooms for women/girls are generally set up the same as for men/boys. Open showers,  locker spaces,  etc. If that is true, then surely she would have been outed long ago, no?

exactly....SHE started swimming at six...went to Catholic prep schools, you really think that secret would make it this far? Just off the charts ignorant.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

Trying so hard to protect women's sports that they have now taken to degrading women.  
    It's *almost* as if it's not about protecting women's sports at all. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

Just because some random person started a rumor doesn’t mean anything. I haven’t heard of it outside of it being shared on this forum, not many seem to be talking about it or taking this rumor seriously.
    My guess it started as either a prank or someone confused her with Lia Thomson and made a meme when she tied Phelps’ record.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

Just because some random person started a rumor doesn’t mean anything. I haven’t heard of it outside of it being shared on this forum, not many seem to be talking about it or taking this rumor seriously.
    My guess it started as either a prank or someone confused her with Lia Thomson and made a meme when she tied Phelps’ record.
    I imagine it was purposeful lie as they know people will not research anything themselves and it will push an agenda.
    And tbh, it's a nuanced topic but in general and am not pro-trans in regards to competing in sports like this.  I don't think it can be without some true guardrails otherwise, why separate genders at all?  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

I imagine it was purposeful lie as they know people will not research anything themselves and it will push an agenda.
    And tbh, it's a nuanced topic but in general and am not pro-trans in regards to competing in sports like this.  I don't think it can be without some true guardrails otherwise, why separate genders at all?  
    definitely a purposeful lie....that's their formula

Create the lie/conspiracy
    Ignore proof that it is a lie/conspiracy
    In a year bring it back up as truth even though it never was

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,888
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

definitely a purposeful lie....that's their formula

Create the lie/conspiracy
    Ignore proof that it is a lie/conspiracy
    In a year bring it back up as truth even though it never was

its also the first couple results in a search of ledecky.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    edited July 2023
    I'm sure she enjoys reading these conspiracy theories about herself.  Maybe she'll get beaten up or sexually assaulted. Her lost safety and physical/mental health can just be collateral damage toward the noble goal of angering people towards a desired conclusion. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    I only hear of Ledecky once every 4 years during the Olympics. It’s not like most people follow competitive swimming.
    Im guessing very few people believe that rumor. And the majority who do are just confusing her with Lia Thomas. I remembered Ledecky’s name when I saw that first post because I love watching the Olympics and knew it wasn’t right. I had to Google the name of the trans swimmer because I couldn’t remember it. I’m betting those who believe this rumor just know there’s a trans swimming in the news and don’t remember the name like I did and assume this is her. I probably would have done the same if I didn’t remember Ledecky from watching her 3 years ago. My guess is you won’t be hearing much of this rumor in the future, it’s going to die quickly.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    What weirdo facebook group did you find this bogus Ledecky nonsense, Linda? That poor girl doesn't deserve that. 

Maga needs to get their heads out of the gutter and focus on stuff that actually matters. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,888
    read the snopes link above....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    It seems as if maga is on the hunt for trans people. Why is that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

lol...you would be apologizing for almost every single post you make

She had the grace to apologize.  You might do the same for that jab.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I'm not giving the site that traffic...but from the apparent title, the very existence of it shows once again who spends so much time thinking about this kind of thing.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm not giving the site that traffic...but from the apparent title, the very existence of it shows once again who spends so much time thinking about this kind of thing.
    I'll give you 'cliffs' notes, lol.  It actually says that she came out and said she was born a man.  No shit.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

Well., and not to pile on....but she said "if it is" bullshit, she apologizes...so it seems she remains unconvinced somehow. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    What weirdo facebook group did you find this bogus Ledecky nonsense, Linda? That poor girl doesn't deserve that. 

Maga needs to get their heads out of the gutter and focus on stuff that actually matters. 
    The only thing that matters is the owning of the libs.
    And making the wealthiest of the wealthy more wealthy.
    And giving hard earned cash to gods orange grifter.
    And guns more guns so many perfect guns

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Look, guys, I'm as unimpressed as anyone with the hard right, but personal attacks never changed anyone's mind, especially in a forum that doesn't allow it.   I think it makes more sense to ignore personal statements you and I think are bullshit.  Beats taking the chance of getting a time out. 
    A generalized statement of disdain for the far-right though-- yeah, I think that is fair game.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Look, guys, I'm as unimpressed as anyone with the hard right, but personal attacks never changed anyone's mind, especially in a forum that doesn't allow it.   I think it makes more sense to ignore personal statements you and I think are bullshit.  Beats taking the chance of getting a time out. 
    A generalized statement of disdain for the far-right though-- yeah, I think that is fair game.
    It's the mob effect on here.  I don't bother anymore with pouncing on the idiocy as some seem to enjoy.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Maybe we can use this moment to try and decipher how and why horrible rumors like this get spread so easily though? Generally speaking, of course, it seems as if the people spreading them are gleeful about it and spend no effort in trying to determine if it's true or not. Why is maga so consumed with trans people in the first place? I think these are legitimate things to discuss. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You don’t see the same thing happen here all the time? There’s wrong information posted about Texas, Fox, etc, and most people accept and comment on it without thinking twice. Often it’s easily disproved.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mace1229 said:
    You don’t see the same thing happen here all the time? There’s wrong information posted about Texas, Fox, etc, and most people accept and comment on it without thinking twice. Often it’s easily disproved.
    No I don't. Can you provide an example of something that is similar to this ugly and meanspirited Katie Ledecky rumor?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    No I don't. Can you provide an example of something that is similar to this ugly and meanspirited Katie Ledecky rumor?
    The one about the dems being an evil kabal and ran by George Soros?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    The one about the dems being an evil kabal and ran by George Soros?
    I'm sure there's a nice ven diagram of people who believe both that and the Ledecky one. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Who does maga want to cancel today?

Literally the 2nd biggest story on their website right now is about some UK coffee company putting a picture of a trans person on one of their products. These people are crazy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

lol....no

• Options
    Who does maga want to cancel today?

Literally the 2nd biggest story on their website right now is about some UK coffee company putting a picture of a trans person on one of their products. These people are crazy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/

If they really wanted to cancel them they would not have used the correct pronoun?  They called them a man when they used to be a woman so hey, maybe they get it?
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

would appear so....

lol....no
    Grace isn't something you just pick up at the market. You either have grace, or you...don't.
    chinese-happy.jpg