Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    mickeyrat said:
    that comment section is horrible. about what i expected from the paid blue checks....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    mickeyrat said:
    that comment section is horrible. about what i expected from the paid blue checks....
    The social media replies just seem way worse and much higher numbers this year. The replies to Pearl Jam’s instagram post were right out of right wing twitter garbage heap. Same with other bands. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited June 2023
    mace1229 said:
    he tried to ban trans people from serving in the military. 
    I don’t remember what his rationale was, if any, but I do think there needs to be some regulations, not a full ban though. Especially in circumstances with close living quarters like the military. Too often just bringing it up gets you called a bigot while ignoring situations like that lawsuit going on in Wyoming to prevent a trans female from moving into the sorority house after multiple complaints she is clearly aroused and watches other girls undress and makes them uncomfortable.
    I read an article in the LA Times and the lawsuit was not to stop the person from moving in.  It is not about living quarters or proximity.  

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-03-30/lawsuit-contests-transgender-woman-in-university-of-wyoming-sorority

Also, fuck Wyoming.  
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t remember what his rationale was, if any, but I do think there needs to be some regulations, not a full ban though. Especially in circumstances with close living quarters like the military. Too often just bringing it up gets you called a bigot while ignoring situations like that lawsuit going on in Wyoming to prevent a trans female from moving into the sorority house after multiple complaints she is clearly aroused and watches other girls undress and makes them uncomfortable.
    Did he ever offer rationale for it? 

IIRC he claimed it was based on the advice of the military, but the Pentagon said they had no clue what he was talking about. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    mickeyrat said:
    Jeff Gordon is called the Rainbow Warrior for his color scheme on his old ride. Every homophoab that didn't like him called him gay, fag whatever.  That's when I knew I found my driver.  That was 25 years ago.

NASCAR has made some leaps in the past years so lets hope they keep progressing forward.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I forgot that when I want to see the worst of humanity and the gene pool just read Twitter comments.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I forgot that when I want to see the worst of humanity and the gene pool just read Twitter comments.
    the worst ones have the amplified voice because they pay for twitter blue. its a shitshow over there. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Jeff Gordon is called the Rainbow Warrior for his color scheme on his old ride. Every homophoab that didn't like him called him gay, fag whatever.  That's when I knew I found my driver.  That was 25 years ago.

NASCAR has made some leaps in the past years so lets hope they keep progressing forward.
    i kinda liked gordon because he was the foil to dale. i hated the way dale would bump other drivers and wreck them. gordon had a way of beating dale without having to do that kind of stuff. my gripe with gordon was the "aww shucks" personality he had. seemed too fake. 

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,796
    Fort Bragg drops Confederate namesake for Fort Liberty, part of US Army base rebranding
    By Hannah Schoenbaum
    5 mins ago

FORT LIBERTY, N.C. (AP) — Fort Bragg shed its Confederate namesake Friday to become Fort Liberty in a ceremony some veterans said was a small but important step in making the U.S. Army more welcoming to current and prospective Black service members.

The change was part of a broad Department of Defense initiative, motivated by the 2020 George Floyd protests, to rename military installations that had been named after confederate soldiers.

The Black Lives Matter demonstrations that erupted nationwide after Floyd’s killing by a white police officer, coupled with ongoing efforts to remove Confederate monuments, turned the spotlight on the Army installations. A naming commission created by Congress visited the bases and met with members of the surrounding communities for input.

While other bases are being renamed for Black soldiers, U.S. presidents and trailblazing women, the North Carolina military installation is the only one not renamed after a person. Retired U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Ty Seidule said at a commission meeting last year that the new name was chosen because “liberty remains the greatest American value.”

“Fayetteville in 1775 signed one of the first accords declaring our willingness to fight for liberty and freedom from Great Britain,” said Lt. Gen. Christopher Donahue, the commanding general of the XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Liberty, referring to the city adjacent to the base. “Liberty has always been ingrained in this area.”

The cost to rename Fort Bragg — one of the largest military installations in the world by population — will total about $6.37 million, according to a commission report.

“The name changes, the mission does not change,” base spokesperson Cheryle Rivas said Friday morning before the ceremony.

Fort Polk in Louisiana will be the next installation to change its name June 13 to Fort Johnson, in honor of Sgt. William Henry Johnson.

The North Carolina base was originally named in 1918 for Gen. Braxton Bragg, a Confederate general from Warrenton, North Carolina, who was known for owning slaves and losing key Civil War battles that contributed to the Confederacy’s downfall.

Several military bases were named after Confederate soldiers during World War I and World War II as part of a “demonstration of reconciliation” with white southerners amid a broader effort to rally the nation to fight as one, said Nina Silber, a historian at Boston University.

“It was kind of a gesture of, ‘Yes, we acknowledge your patriotism,’ which is kind of absurd to acknowledge the patriotism of people who rebelled against a country,” she said.

The original naming process involved members of local communities, although Black residents were left out of the conversations. Bases were named after soldiers born or raised nearby, no matter how effectively they performed their duties. Bragg is widely regarded among historians as a poor leader who did not have the respect of his troops, Silber said.

For Isiah James, senior policy officer at the Black Veterans Project, the base renamings are a “long overdue” change he hopes will lead to more substantial improvements for Black service members.

“America should not have vestiges of slavery and secessionism and celebrate them,” he said. “We should not laud them and hold them up and venerate them to where every time a Black soldier goes onto the base, they get the message that this base Bragg is named after someone who wanted to keep you as human property.”

The secretary of defense is required by law to implement the naming commission’s proposed changes by Jan. 1, 2024.

___

Hannah Schoenbaum is a corps member for the Associated Press/Report for America Statehouse News Initiative. Report for America is a nonprofit national service program that places journalists in local newsrooms to report on undercovered issues.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

i kinda liked gordon because he was the foil to dale. i hated the way dale would bump other drivers and wreck them. gordon had a way of beating dale without having to do that kind of stuff. my gripe with gordon was the "aww shucks" personality he had. seemed too fake. 
    Gordon was an everyday guy that was that good.  He wanted to be Earnhardt.  Look at his early pics, the stache, the shades.  He would trade paint w him too and Dale respected that.

Now back to thread integrity.

Let's see how many people "leave" NASCAR, lol.  Good riddance is what I say.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I think a silver lining to all this boycotting is that we don't hear so much griping about "cancel culture" anymore (since, you know, as usual, the accusation turned out to be an admission).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 344
    mace1229 said:
    I read an article in the LA Times and the lawsuit was not to stop the person from moving in.  It is not about living quarters or proximity.  

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-03-30/lawsuit-contests-transgender-woman-in-university-of-wyoming-sorority

Also, fuck Wyoming.  
    Please share your sentiments towards Wyoming w/ all the Rotten Brains out there.  Nothing to be seen there.  
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Gordon was an everyday guy that was that good.  He wanted to be Earnhardt.  Look at his early pics, the stache, the shades.  He would trade paint w him too and Dale respected that.

Now back to thread integrity.

Let's see how many people "leave" NASCAR, lol.  Good riddance is what I say.
    i forgot about the gordon stache lol...

i think people will try to turn it off for a few weeks then will wake up bored on a sunday and tune in again in july.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  
    I thought I read somewhere she was applying to move in and would be using a shared bathroom. But they want her out of the sorority and not just prevent her from moving in because she has had access to the sorority house, watched other women change and popped an erection while doing so, making the other girls very uncomfortable.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited June 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  
    I thought I read somewhere she was applying to move in and would be using a shared bathroom. But they want her out of the sorority and not just prevent her from moving in because she has had access to the sorority house, watched other women change and popped an erection while doing so, making the other girls very uncomfortable.
    Right, I was just pointing out what the reports actually were.  They want the person out of the sorority that they already voted them in to and want money for their suffering.

No details if the person was wearing khakis when the so-called arousal was observed.*

*Curb Your Enthusiasm reference 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  
    Please share your sentiments towards Wyoming w/ all the Rotten Brains out there.  Nothing to be seen there.  
    I'm not even sure what this response is supposed to mean, or who it is a slam against.

Wyoming sucks, though.

• Options
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  
    I'm not even sure what this response is supposed to mean, or who it is a slam against.

Wyoming sucks, though.

to keep the libs out..... or encourage that.....

yet another fine aloha spirit example

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  

Wyoming sucks, though.

to keep the libs out..... or encourage that.....

yet another fine aloha spirit example

Ahh.  

• Options
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  

Wyoming sucks, though.

Pretty please never change that thought and share  it w/ all like minded.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  

Is that Johnny Rotten or Bad Brains, Linda? 
    Actually there is much to see in Wyoming.  I've driven across that state two or three time.  My God!  You never saw so much grass!
    And back in the day there was no speed limit on the interstate and back then I didn't think about things like bad gas mileage and pollution, so I ran my Malibu up so high the electric fuel pump couldn't keep up with the speed which meant I had my own California style bucking bronco.  YEEE HAAW!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  

Wyoming sucks, though.

Pretty please never change that thought and share  it w/ all like minded.  
    I don't know anyone who is like-minded.  /
  • Options

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  

Actually there is much to see in Wyoming.  I've driven across that state two or three time.  My God!  You never saw so much grass!
    And back in the day there was no speed limit on the interstate and back then I didn't think about things like bad gas mileage and pollution, so I ran my Malibu up so high the electric fuel pump couldn't keep up with the speed which meant I had my own California style bucking bronco.  YEEE HAAW!
    Luv me some Bad Brains!!  Nice call….So many special things about Wyoming…most of the special areas are unaffordable, but at this point that’s a good thing if you are one that has the means…The Grand Tetons to me are the most majestic mountain range I have ever seen…seen most throughout the world.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:

Also, fuck Wyoming.  

Luv me some Bad Brains!!  Nice call….So many special things about Wyoming…most of the special areas are unaffordable, but at this point that’s a good thing if you are one that has the means…The Grand Tetons to me are the most majestic mountain range I have ever seen…seen most throughout the world.  

My one regret about having been through Wyoming at least a couple of times was not going into the Grant Tetons to do some hiking.  I have seen them from US 191 and you are so right- they are majestic!  I'm glad I at least got to see them from afar.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I only learned a few years ago that Grant Tetons means giant breasts in French. Because….you know…2 giant mountains side by side.
  • Options
    Tetons are nipples, in French. 
  • Options
    Well, it is Mother Earth after all.  :smiley:

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I only learned a few years ago that Grant Tetons means giant breasts in French. Because….you know…2 giant mountains side by side.
    I was this many years old today when I learned this.

THIS is hysterical!

Imagine one of our mountains called the "Blue Tits" or something funny like that, lol.  People would lose their damn minds.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I was this many years old today when I learned this.

THIS is hysterical!

Imagine one of our mountains called the "Blue Tits" or something funny like that, lol.  People would lose their damn minds.
    Avocado is based on the Aztec word for “testicle.” That’s what the Aztecs called them because of their shape and frequently hung in pairs.
    The more you know.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Aztec Avocados is my new favourite band name. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com