Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    So is everyone here still think he will be able to run again? In other words none of what he’s been accused of will hold and he will be the nominee? Can this nation be so blind to let that happen?
    Yeah, I think he'll run again and won't be indicted.  They are probably way into the technicality zone of things (where lawyers will figure something out or settle) if they haven't been able to get anything solid in the 6 or so years they've been looking at him.  

I wonder if Desantis would be the running mate if Trump beats him in the primary.  They hate each other but Desantis would probably help Trump.  

Speaking of blind, it is funny how the Republicans blame all of the inflation on Biden when Trump was the one that handed out all of the COVID incentives that contributed to it.  
    But that not really true…

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/biden-1point9-trillion-covid-relief-package-thursday-afternoon.html

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    edited March 2022
    So is everyone here still think he will be able to run again? In other words none of what he’s been accused of will hold and he will be the nominee? Can this nation be so blind to let that happen?
    Yeah, I think he'll run again and won't be indicted.  They are probably way into the technicality zone of things (where lawyers will figure something out or settle) if they haven't been able to get anything solid in the 6 or so years they've been looking at him.  

I wonder if Desantis would be the running mate if Trump beats him in the primary.  They hate each other but Desantis would probably help Trump.  

Speaking of blind, it is funny how the Republicans blame all of the inflation on Biden when Trump was the one that handed out all of the COVID incentives that contributed to it.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/biden-1point9-trillion-covid-relief-package-thursday-afternoon.html

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    mrussel1 said:

Do those dots mean trump signed about ten trillion in Covid spending and Biden two?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,936
    mrussel1 said:

Do those dots mean trump signed about ten trillion in Covid spending and Biden two?

a difference would be the growth or lack of it in terms of GDP during the respective administrations. Yes its true Trump signed bills. The use of those monies are in question. Like under Trump a huge portion went direct to businesses.  Whether it was needed or not. Under Biden it went into peoples hands. Yes EIP went to people under both, but the economy was better positioned under Biden to see those effects.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    My opinion....I don't think he has any intention of running and the leaders in the GOP don't want him to run.

He is just raking in cash from the Magats right now. I do think that he is going to take it too far by continuing to give people this false impression of running and he will have to start trashing the real contenders at some point.

It will be beautiful.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I was going to comment that the majority was signed under Trump, but then saw that Bootlegger used the phrase "Trump was the one that handed out ALL the COVID..".  So Cincy was right in arguing that it was not "all".  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Biden just released the remaining $1400 that tRump had said he wanted. At the end of 2020 both Biden and tRump agreed on a $2000 stimulus. I'm pretty sure tRump even mentioned giving more.  

Congress only approved $600 so Biden made up the rest.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Poncier said:
    all i am saying is know who you are dealing with. trump has shown us exactly who he is for 40 years. it is all about the grift. i believe pence was foisted upon him by reince priebus or whomever was the party chair at the time because they needed the evangelical vote. still lost the popular vote but pence delivered the evangelicals for him.

trump is all about the spectacle. keep that in mind.
    yeah, I get all that, but I don't see her as helping him get any votes he doesn't already have, which makes me think it's a bad choice, and as dumb as I think he is, I think he'll realize that. he (or his handlers were able to convince him) knew how important it was to have pence on the ticket, as much as those two are oil and water. 
    do you honestly think he trusts and listens to his handlers at this point? many of them have come out publicly saying that he did not take their advice.
    I don't think for one second he chose Pence on his own accord. that was all his campaign telling him he needed him. If he really wants to win a second term, yes, I think he will realize he needs to listen to his people, and not just his "instincts" or what he thinks gets the most attention. 
    Its been reported that he asked about having Ivanka as his running mate in 2016.

Trump Reportedly Wanted Daughter Ivanka To Be His Vice President (forbes.com)
    I think he would have lost if he'd done that in 2016...even to Hillary. People would have viewed that as nepotism...it still is but Trump-brand nepotism is a good thing now.  Trump/Trump would have a good shot in 2024. In 2016, though, the GOP voters, beyond his (then-smaller) hard-core cult, were still unsure about him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I was going to comment that the majority was signed under Trump, but then saw that Bootlegger used the phrase "Trump was the one that handed out ALL the COVID..".  So Cincy was right in arguing that it was not "all".  

Ah, missed the ALL. A word to use cautiously. But the right wing sentiment is inflation is mostly due to Biden spending, which isn’t accurate.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ah, missed the ALL. A word to use cautiously. But the right wing sentiment is inflation is mostly due to Biden spending, which isn’t accurate.
    Yes it wasn't all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,388
    Send this treasonous idiot to Guacamole Bay. Unhinged. And the base eats this shit up. Pathetic.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,676
    Hobbes said:
    Send this treasonous idiot to Guacamole Bay. Unhinged. And the base eats this shit up. Pathetic.

“Ya!”

Remind me to never visit Georgia for as long as she’s in office.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Hobbes said:

Time to ask the age old question....

Whats worse?

An insurrectionist, homophobic, racist, ignorant, xenophobic piece of shit like mtg??

Or

The people who support her and believe in her and vote for her?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,770
    Hobbes said:

Whats worse?

An insurrectionist, homophobic, racist, ignorant, xenophobic piece of shit like mtg??

Or

Exactly, good point BP.
    There are always going to be sick and disgusting humans who want power or control.  But the fact that so many people more and more seem to be in favor of that base kind of individual is very disturbing.  This seems to be a growing trend in America and I'm not sure if or how we are going to reverse it.  And if we extend out into the future the ramifications of this trend... well, I shudder to think it.  I could say  "Man, sure am glad I'm old," but I have too much concern for younger people who deserve better.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Hobbes said:

Whats worse?

Or

I’m guessing you don’t have in-laws or a boss that believes in their crap?
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Whats worse?

Or

I'm lucky in that I don't .
    Nobody in my professional or familial circles or circle of friends believes in their ignorant hateful crap.
  • Options
    look everyone. a unicorn.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I know Trump voters but I don't know anyone that says the crazy stuff.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    mrussel1 said:
    I know Trump voters but I don't know anyone that says the crazy stuff.
    I know a few that do. I used to have a high school acquaintance on facebook who I'd but heads with in a fun way. Now everything is a liberal conspiracy; he's totally off the deep end. We weren't real friends so it's no loss. I have a couple of real friends and it's kind of put some distance between us.

But most of my real friends are either left-of-center or conservatives who have either become democrats or don't really have a party any more. I come from a lefty family.

Anyway, yeah, I have a handful of them in my life and...
    Hobbes said:

Whats worse?

Or

...It's a bit of a struggle.It makes it more difficult to just say "deplorables."  But most of them have a combo of "deplorable" and "sucker."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Whats worse?

Or

I'm lucky in that I don't .
    Nobody in my professional or familial circles or circle of friends believes in their ignorant hateful crap.

Yes, you are.

last summer, my MIL, who has a very liberal daughter, told me that Covid is the fault of the immigrants. There are no words for that, and it’s become an immediate reminder not to engage in meaningful conversation.
  • Options
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,837
    Insane 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    wow, she's really putting it all out there what she really is. unreal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,337
    CULTURE WARRIORS..... UNITE!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I can't see twitter posts at work.  Can anyone summarize this twitter post for me?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    edited April 2022
    biden is talking to the trans community for trans awareness day. she quoted on the video:

This is offensive. 
    This is not equality. 
    This is an attack on God's creation. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    biden is talking to the trans community for trans awareness day. she quoted on the video:

This is offensive. 
    This is not equality. 
    This is an attack on God's creation. 
    shocking
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026
    Is Biden referring to that Florida law that the Oscars made fun of? I don’t see how that is anti-trans.