#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited July 12
    Pretty sure Churchill didn't call Reynaud "Hitler" though.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    Haha true and Kamala trump.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,162
    brianlux said:
    He just called Żeleński Putin in front of the world ffs

My wife called me by her ex-husband's first name a few times years ago.  She was only in her 40's when that happened.  We're still married.
    Long live the Queen!
    Βut your wife Brian doesn't rule a country..big difference..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    yeah, a trump/vice-president gaffe - but he seemed charming and down to the earth as always at the press conference.

I DIDNT SEE ANY TRICKLE DOWN ON MY DADDYS TABLE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    After the last 24 hours with vice president Trump amd president putin if the 25th isn't invoked by EOD it never will be. This man is mentally gone. People with dementia are mentally stronger then Biden.
    That's a dumb statement as you've never been some someone with dementia.  My mother has it and that's not what it looks like.   
    Joe has had a great career but he should retire.  He did what we needed him to do,  win in 2020. I'll forever respect him for that.  He a winner.  

There was a poll out today saying 63%of Americans find BOTH candidates embarrassing.  It's time for the Boomers to exit stage left on world leadership.  The Ds have great talent waiting.  The time is today.  There's no downside. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    mrussel1 said:
    After the last 24 hours with vice president Trump amd president putin if the 25th isn't invoked by EOD it never will be. This man is mentally gone. People with dementia are mentally stronger then Biden.
    That's a dumb statement as you've never been some someone with dementia.  My mother has it and that's not what it looks like.   
    Sorry to hear that. I was my grandmothers primary caretaker for 3 years while she had it and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Joe has had a great career but he should retire.  He did what we needed him to do,  win in 2020. I'll forever respect him for that.  He a winner.  

There was a poll out today saying 63%of Americans find BOTH candidates embarrassing.  It's time for the Boomers to exit stage left on world leadership.  The Ds have great talent waiting.  The time is today.  There's no downside. 
    Solid take, as always. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Sorry to hear that. I was my grandmothers primary caretaker for 3 years while she had it and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. 
    Thanks Nick.  She's 91 so no spring chicken.  Good days and bad days,  as you know. 
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Thanks Nick.  She's 91 so no spring chicken.  Good days and bad days,  as you know. 
    I sure do. My grandmother started at about 75. Got bad around 77. Died at 79. Was physically in incredible health the whole time which kind of just made it worse. My heart goes out to you and the whole family. It takes it’s toll on loved ones as well. 
    My grandmother had it also. Was sad and nightmarish watching her loose more and more memory backwards for every visit. She had 10 siblings and had always had a rhyme/jingle way of saying all of their names, and that was the only thing she remembered the last time I saw her before she died. She had forgotten my mom and aunt, and all of us but she could till the end blurt out all of her 10 siblings names. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    LOL...if the 25th wasn't used against tRump it never will be unless tRump is elected again.

Biden had a few stumbles but now they are amplified. tRump says absolutely stupid shit all the time and gets a pass because he's fucking stupid.

tRump could NEVER have a presser like Biden did last night. There is no denying that Biden still has a complete command of foreign policy and there is no fucking dementia. He's old, he stutters, he loses his train of though, etc. So do I.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah my dad is in early Alzheimer's. He just turned 83 and is healthy as hell. 

A statement like that is off the charts stupid.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Sounds like dementia Joe might have a peace agreement in Israel

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    He just called Żeleński Putin in front of the world ffs

My wife called me by her ex-husband's first name a few times years ago.  She was only in her 40's when that happened.  We're still married.
    Long live the Queen!
    Βut your wife Brian doesn't rule a country..big difference..

Oh now don't you go telling her that:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    As others pointed out, the Kamala/Trump and the Putin mixup mean nothing. I switch my kids’ names all the time.
    I do wish he just didn’t call on a list of preapproved journalist and probably mostly pre-screened questions though.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    mrussel1 said:

I don't think Biden is a boomer, he's the generation before the boomers.  Your asking the great generation to step aside for the boomers.  Well I guess Trump is boomer, but barely :)
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't think Biden is a boomer, he's the generation before the boomers.  Your asking the great generation to step aside for the boomers.  Well I guess Trump is boomer, but barely :)
    Yeah I guess he is technically "post war", but that's even fucking worse.  He's not the greatest generation.  Those were the men and women who fought or supported the war.  Joe was born in 42.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    edited July 12
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah I guess he is technically "post war", but that's even fucking worse.  He's not the greatest generation.  Those were the men and women who fought or supported the war.  Joe was born in 42.  
    Right, I forgot about the one in the middle :)

That's a pretty good time to have been born at least in North America.   Missed the dirty 30's.   Didn't have to deal with the war as your a toddler.  Lived in North America, so no rebuilding the country after the war.   Got to live in the best economic conditions the world's probably ever seen, and you'll most likely tap out before the impacts of Global Warming get really really really bad :)
    Post edited by Zod on
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's a pretty good time to have been born at least in North America.   Missed the dirty 30's.   Didn't have to deal with the war as your a toddler.  Lived in North America, so no rebuilding the country after the war.   Got to live in the best economic conditions the world's probably ever seen, and you'll most likely tap out before the impacts of Global Warming get really really really bad :)
    And if you were born right about the late 40's, you got to be a hippie and hang out with the Dead in Haight...  I was definitely born in the wrong generation.  I would do anything to go back in time and be 20 y/o in 1968 (other than Vietnam of course).  Said another way, I wish I was a hippie with bone spurs.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:

And if you were born right about the late 40's, you got to be a hippie and hang out with the Dead in Haight...  I was definitely born in the wrong generation.  I would do anything to go back in time and be 20 y/o in 1968 (other than Vietnam of course).  Said another way, I wish I was a hippie with bone spurs.  
     Gen Xers who bought Amazon or Google or any of the magnificent seven a decade or so ago are probably pretty happy?
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Here’s psychotic me (your description after one of my posts) saying what you did for your grandmother was incredible.  You should be extremely proud.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Solid take, as always. 
    Agree.  One of the most levelheaded on the forum for sure. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    mrussel1 said:

Gen Xers who bought Amazon or Google or any of the magnificent seven a decade or so ago are probably pretty happy?
    I bought them both.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Here’s psychotic me (your description after one of my posts) saying what you did for your grandmother was incredible.  You should be extremely proud.  
    I’m sorry for whatever I said at the time. I truly am. It’s not worth getting worked up against fellow fans over whatever it was. I appreciate that comment, it means a lot to me. It was a very difficult time and I’m sure anyone who has any exposure to that disease understands. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    read an ap article about who was "missing" from Bidens campaign stop(s) in Michigan today.

heres one of the individuals mentioned and what he was doing.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    For those that think Biden is just getting old, do you think he will be good to go in 2 years?
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I’m sorry for whatever I said at the time. I truly am. It’s not worth getting worked up against fellow fans over whatever it was. I appreciate that comment, it means a lot to me. It was a very difficult time and I’m sure anyone who has any exposure to that disease understands. 
    Oh no need to apologize.  I can easily admit I was being an ass and deserved it.  I’m just not psychotic all the time 😉 and can appreciate that what you did may have been the most difficult time of your life.  All’s good.  Hope if you’re going you thoroughly enjoy the show(s).  
    For those that think Biden is just getting old, do you think he will be good to go in 2 years?
    who can say. but he has a capable vp to step in if needed. as designed by the framers.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14