Options

#46 President Joe Biden

1322323324325326328»

Comments

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,457
    brianlux said:
    F me, I feel like I'm freaking out to much.  It's like being on bad drugs without the drugs?  Suggestions?  :lol:
    May as well just do the drugs then.  Or did you mean about Biden?  
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 527
    I'm getting tired of the Biden camp spinning this whole thing.

And his defiance is a concern.

I'm hoping that the volume around replacing him gets so loud that he has no choice but to step aside.

May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,206

I'm hoping that the volume around replacing him gets so loud that he has no choice but to step aside.

Friday will be the kicker...the interview with George S
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    I'm just wondering what everyone else has been watching in regards to Biden before that debate that they didn't think he was way too old and unable to do the job.  It seems evident for some time now.  And if anything was getting done, it wasn't cause of Joe, it was in spite of him.

I hope they prove me wrong but the Democrats seem to find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory ...
    I was thinking the same thing. The debate was nothing new.   His age has been an issue for a while. There’s plenty of videos of him acting off and confused for over a year. We were given no new information that night. Anyone who bought the “cheap fakes” excuse 2 weeks ago, should just be buying into the cold excuse now.  I didn’t expect the debate to be as bad as it was, but I did expect there to be a lot of moments and I’m not surprised it was that bad. 
  • Options
    by insane I meant not enough. I realize now how that wording came across. 
    Really, whoever runs is just running on “I’m not trump.” Any other election this would be a disaster, but if it could be pulled off ever, this would be the time. It’s less about the candidate and more about beating the other guy than ever before.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I'm just wondering what everyone else has been watching in regards to Biden before that debate that they didn't think he was way too old and unable to do the job.  It seems evident for some time now.  And if anything was getting done, it wasn't cause of Joe, it was in spite of him.

I hope they prove me wrong but the Democrats seem to find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory ...
    I was thinking the same thing. The debate was nothing new.   His age has been an issue for a while. There’s plenty of videos of him acting off and confused for over a year. We were given no new information that night. Anyone who bought the “cheap fakes” excuse 2 weeks ago, should just be buying into the cold excuse now.  I didn’t expect the debate to be as bad as it was, but I did expect there to be a lot of moments and I’m not surprised it was that bad. 
    He was on his game for the SOTU. That was just five months ago. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Yes. But that was all a pre-written speech he just reads.
    He’s usually okay at reading speeches. It’s when he’s left on his own he’s more likely to act confused, doesn’t know what to do, wonders around the stage and shaking hands when nobody is there. Almost none of the gaffes and videos that were “cheap” fakes were of him reading a speech.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    So now we are supposed to believe he was wandering off into oblivion instead of congratulating another sky diver that right wing outlets deliberately left off the screen, mace?

There's a difference between truthful about what is happening and continuing to peddle right wing misinformation.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Right. I cannot envision him handling the idiot maga hecklers in the state he was in on the debate stage last week. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So now we are supposed to believe he was wandering off into oblivion instead of congratulating another sky diver that right wing outlets deliberately left off the screen, mace?

There's a difference between truthful about what is happening and continuing to peddle right wing misinformation.

I agree that video alone wasn’t a big deal. But that was one of like 4 videos from that weekend that the official response was the videos were altered, edited or faked. I never saw one that looked like any of those.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I agree that video alone wasn’t a big deal. But that was one of like 4 videos from that weekend that the official response was the videos were altered, edited or faked. I never saw one that looked like any of those.
    Lol....like the one that lied about him attempting to shit his pants or something....when all he was doing was sitting down a second or two before everyone else?

Again, there's a difference between honest about what's happening and falling for bullshit. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    mace1229 said:

My thoughts on Joe after the SOTU on this forum:

"I thought Joe was meh.  I got tired of him yelling (which I think was an attempt to project energy).  His off the cuff moments where he directly engaged the GOP were the best.  He stumbled and mumbled about as much as I expected.  No one is perfect but he sometimes talks to fast for him to get the words out correctly.  And some times what he said was a bit incoherent or he stumbled over it making it so."

He was and is in decline.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Yes. But that was all a pre-written speech he just reads.
    He’s usually okay at reading speeches. It’s when he’s left on his own he’s more likely to act confused, doesn’t know what to do, wonders around the stage and shaking hands when nobody is there. Almost none of the gaffes and videos that were “cheap” fakes were of him reading a speech.
    So confused he talks about battery operated boats being attacked by sharks?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,450
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,064
    Damn this presser is ridiculous. The same question over and over.

Yeah, it's an on-going nightmare.  It's healthy to step away from it now and then.  In fact, as soon as I check the fire reports again, I'm going to go wash the dishes then spin a few records. 
    Stay sane, we have a good way to go yet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,262

Although you are correct about misinformation I’m not sure that matters. In the times poll today, 80% of independents believe Biden is not fit to be president. It’s nearly impossible to turn that around. 

he should not step aside. He should resign over the summer.

This gives Harris the full power of the presidency and the prestige of being called Madame President during the fall campaign. It also removes the “bugaboo” of “are we ready for a woman president,” as we’d already have one. It would be bold and give independents a viable option to vote against trump.

It pains me to want to say goodbye to Joe, he served us well and had a great first term. But after his historically horrible debate, perhaps the worst in presidential history, solidifies his public image as feeble and not being fit to serve.
  • Options

Although you are correct about misinformation I’m not sure that matters. In the times poll today, 80% of independents believe Biden is not fit to be president. It’s nearly impossible to turn that around. 

he should not step aside. He should resign over the summer.

This gives Harris the full power of the presidency and the prestige of being called Madame President during the fall campaign. It also removes the “bugaboo” of “are we ready for a woman president,” as we’d already have one. It would be bold and give independents a viable option to vote against trump.

It pains me to want to say goodbye to Joe, he served us well and had a great first term. But after his historically horrible debate, perhaps the worst in presidential history, solidifies his public image as feeble and not being fit to serve.

Biden's email this afternoon reads:

[Name], I know the past few days have been tough. I'm sure you're getting a lot of questions. I'm sure many of you have questions as well.

So, let me say this as clearly and simply as I can: I'm running.

I'm the Democratic Party’s nominee. No one is pushing me out. I'm not leaving, I'm in this race to the end, and WE are going to win this election. If that’s all you need to hear, pitch in a few more bucks to help Kamala and me defeat Donald Trump in November.

If not, please keep reading.

I've been knocked down and counted out my whole life. I'm sure the same is true for many of you. But my father had an expression. He said, “Champ, it’s not how many times you get knocked down. It’s how quickly you get up.

As a country, when we get knocked down, we get back up. When we get counted out, we just work harder. That is exactly what I am going to do, and it’s what I need you to do as well.

Just as we beat Donald Trump in 2020, we are going to beat him again in 2024. But it won’t be easy, and I need YOU behind me to get it done. Each and every one of you.

This campaign is bigger than me or you. Everything we believe in, everything we stand for, and everyone we are fighting for are at risk in this election.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

• Options

Yeah, the most annoying of all campaigns! 
    I prefer to support conservation and environment, but feeling we gave some money to the Biden campaign.  My wife agree it that under the circumstances, it was a worthy  thing to do, but she she said, "But of course they will keep asking for more."  So true.  So annoyingly true.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,680
    edited July 5
    mace1229 said:

My thoughts on Joe after the SOTU on this forum:

"I thought Joe was meh.  I got tired of him yelling (which I think was an attempt to project energy).  His off the cuff moments where he directly engaged the GOP were the best.  He stumbled and mumbled about as much as I expected.  No one is perfect but he sometimes talks to fast for him to get the words out correctly.  And some times what he said was a bit incoherent or he stumbled over it making it so."

He was and is in decline.
    It was pretty clear to objective observers.  At a minimum, it was clear he wasn’t lasting four more years.  

It may not be a crime, but the blame for this chaos is on Jill Biden and his team.  Putting self above country.  He should have been a one term president and very well likely is.