Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,548
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    It’s called cocaine.

Jon Stewart did make the point Thursday night that if neither (Biden or Trump) were on performance enhancing drugs that they better start using them.

A much needed bit of comic relief in an otherwise extremely depressing time to be alive.

I couldn't watch the debate. I just watched the Daily Show's coverage after it was over.

Smart move!

Even a good freind, who is super big on following politics and who got together with friends to watch the debate, they chose to turn it off half way through to console each other.

There has never been a worse time (that I know of) in U.S. politics.  With all that's going on- the presidential snail race, the SCOTUS being MAGA packed, idiots like Marjorie Taylor Greens actually being in a position as a lawmaker, the overturn of Roe/Wade, states making aspects of religion mandatory in public schools, on and on and on.  

And that's just politics.  Throw in the threat of AI (and if anyone does not think AI is a threat, I challenge you to ask AI how it would overthrow and wipe out humanity- I've seen the results someone published, it will make you sick).  Throw in climate change.

On a personal level, throw in being at the leading edge of a possible record breaking heat wave here in Northern California, and my record and book business dropping like a stone.

All I can do is either laugh or scream...
    Man Yelling GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

...but that hurts my throat.  Better to...
    Hysterical Laughing GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

There was nothing that could have come out of that debate to make me feel better.  There was plenty of potential to make me feel worse about Biden's position and unfortunately that's what happened.  Half of the time I watched Jon Stewart I was groaning and face palming.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    edited July 2
    I'd say watergate was probably worse, wouldn't you?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    And now reports that Hunter is sitting in on meetings. WTF?! If true, what a disaster. Get him away from the WH.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,555
    I'd say watergate was probably worse, wouldn't you?
    That was an official act of Nixon's presidency, for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    tbergs said:
    First sitting rep. calls for Biden to step aside...
    you mean the one from texas?

yeah texas representatives are usually on the incorrect side of everything. dem or not. let me know when a bigtime blue state senator calls for it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    And now reports that Hunter is sitting in on meetings. WTF?! If true, what a disaster. Get him away from the WH.
    agreed.

but don jr being in meetings is just as bad.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,489
    tbergs said:
    agreed.

How about Jared dear being the fix all in Middle East policy how’d that work out? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    agreed.

How about Jared dear being the fix all in Middle East policy how’d that work out? 
    its a shitshow. as we all knew it would be. he got his couple of billion though so i assume he is proud of the job he did.

• Options
    tbergs said:

yeah texas representatives are usually on the incorrect side of everything. dem or not. let me know when a bigtime blue state senator calls for it.
    Getting closer each day
    https://freebeacon.com/democrats/baldwin-wont-campaign-with-biden-in-wisconsin-as-vulnerable-dems-back-away-from-president/
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Getting closer each day
    https://freebeacon.com/democrats/baldwin-wont-campaign-with-biden-in-wisconsin-as-vulnerable-dems-back-away-from-president/
    she is doing so at her own peril. let's see how it works out for her in november.

• Options
    tbergs said:

Getting closer each day
    she is doing so at her own peril. let's see how it works out for her in november.
    She will not be alone. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,437
    tbergs said:

Getting closer each day
    She will not be alone. 

several outpreformed biden in 20 and clinton in 16.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,437

We’re Releasing Our Full, Unedited Interview With Joe Biden From September

Following Biden’s poor debate performance against Donald Trump, we’re releasing the full and unedited 21-minute interview we conducted with President Joe Biden nine days before his interview with Special Counsel Robert K. Hur.

by ProPublica July 2, 1:35 p.m. EDT

Change Appearance

ProPublica is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published.

In the wake of President Joe Biden’s poor debate performance, his opponents and most major media organizations have pointed out that he has done few interviews that give the public an opportunity to hear him speak without a script or teleprompters.

continues..,
    Twitter
    Facebook

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Seems like things are moving towards him bowing out

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-told-ally-weighing-whether-151745457.html

Biden Told Ally That He Is Weighing Whether to Continue in the Race

Katie Rogers
    Wed, July 3, 2024 at 11:17 AM EDT·2 min read
    President Joe Biden arrives on Marine One at East Hampton Airport in East Hampton NY on Saturday June 29 2024 Haiyun JiangThe New York Times
    President Joe Biden arrives on Marine One at East Hampton Airport, in East Hampton, N.Y., on Saturday, June 29, 2024. (Haiyun Jiang/The New York Times)

President Joe Biden has told a key ally that he knows he may not be able to salvage his candidacy if he cannot convince the public in the coming days that he is up for the job after a disastrous debate performance last week.

The president, who the ally emphasized is still deeply in the fight for reelection, understands that his next few appearances heading into the holiday weekend — including an interview scheduled for Friday with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News and campaign stops in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — must go well.

“He knows if he has two more events like that, we’re in a different place” by the end of the weekend, said the ally, referring to Biden’s halting and unfocused performance in the debate. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive situation.

After the article published, Andrew Bates, a White House spokesperson, said it was “absolutely false.”

The conversation is the first indication to become public that the president is seriously considering whether he can recover after a devastating performance on the debate stage in Atlanta on June 27. Concerns are mounting about his viability as a candidate and whether he could serve as president for another four years.

A top adviser to Biden, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the situation, said the president was “well aware of the political challenge he faces.”

White House officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Campaign officials were nervously watching polls, recognizing that bad numbers could fuel the crisis. A CBS News poll on Wednesday showed former President Donald Trump edging ahead of Biden since the debate with 50% to 48% nationally and 51% to 48% in battleground states.

Biden is slowly reaching out to Democratic elected officials and has a meeting with Democratic governors at the White House scheduled for Wednesday evening. He is also continuing to reach out to people he has long trusted and has told at least one person that he is open to the possibility that his plans to move on from his debate performance — and flip the focus back to his challenger, Trump — may not work.

Several allies of Biden, who has huddled with the family and advisers since the debate, have underscored that the president is still in the fight of his political life and largely sees this moment as a chance to come back from being counted out, as he has done many times throughout his half-century career.

But he is also cleareyed, they said, about his uphill battle to convince voters, donors and the political class that his debate performance was an anomaly.

c.2024 The New York Times Company

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,201

Katie Rogers
    President Joe Biden arrives on Marine One at East Hampton Airport in East Hampton NY on Saturday June 29 2024 Haiyun JiangThe New York Times
    President Joe Biden arrives on Marine One at East Hampton Airport, in East Hampton, N.Y., on Saturday, June 29, 2024. (Haiyun Jiang/The New York Times)

President Joe Biden has told a key ally that he knows he may not be able to salvage his candidacy if he cannot convince the public in the coming days that he is up for the job after a disastrous debate performance last week.

The president, who the ally emphasized is still deeply in the fight for reelection, understands that his next few appearances heading into the holiday weekend — including an interview scheduled for Friday with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News and campaign stops in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — must go well.

“He knows if he has two more events like that, we’re in a different place” by the end of the weekend, said the ally, referring to Biden’s halting and unfocused performance in the debate. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive situation.

After the article published, Andrew Bates, a White House spokesperson, said it was “absolutely false.”

The conversation is the first indication to become public that the president is seriously considering whether he can recover after a devastating performance on the debate stage in Atlanta on June 27. Concerns are mounting about his viability as a candidate and whether he could serve as president for another four years.

A top adviser to Biden, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the situation, said the president was “well aware of the political challenge he faces.”

Campaign officials were nervously watching polls, recognizing that bad numbers could fuel the crisis. A CBS News poll on Wednesday showed former President Donald Trump edging ahead of Biden since the debate with 50% to 48% nationally and 51% to 48% in battleground states.

Biden is slowly reaching out to Democratic elected officials and has a meeting with Democratic governors at the White House scheduled for Wednesday evening. He is also continuing to reach out to people he has long trusted and has told at least one person that he is open to the possibility that his plans to move on from his debate performance — and flip the focus back to his challenger, Trump — may not work.

Several allies of Biden, who has huddled with the family and advisers since the debate, have underscored that the president is still in the fight of his political life and largely sees this moment as a chance to come back from being counted out, as he has done many times throughout his half-century career.

But he is also cleareyed, they said, about his uphill battle to convince voters, donors and the political class that his debate performance was an anomaly.

Joe will do the right thing. He's a great American.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877

Katie Rogers

I think so too.  He has done his duty, 50 years of it.  It's time to hand it over to the next generation of leaders in the D party.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,048
    mrussel1 said:

Katie Rogers

I think so too.  He has done his duty, 50 years of it.  It's time to hand it over to the next generation of leaders in the D party.  

More and more, both the general Democrat public and Dem lawmakers are calling for him to step down.  Even though I've continued to support Biden, I get it.  The pressing questions, of course, are, Who would be the Dem candidate, and Would Biden stepping down be a shoe-in for Trump.

Unnerving questions to ponder.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Katie Rogers

More and more, both the general Democrat public and Dem lawmakers are calling for him to step down.  Even though I've continued to support Biden, I get it.  The pressing questions, of course, are, Who would be the Dem candidate, and Would Biden stepping down be a shoe-in for Trump.

Unnerving questions to ponder.
    I think we have a good bench of candidates.  The question is whether they can develop the ground game, field offices and fundraising in time to win.  And now you have to do this before early voting starts, so you don't have until November.  You have until early October. 
  • Options
    that is an insane amount of time to get organized, get the message out, convince people, and win. what would the odds be on that? 1000 to 1?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    that is an insane amount of time to get organized, get the message out, convince people, and win. what would the odds be on that? 1000 to 1?
    You being serious?  That's no time.  A good campaign has field offices in place by Q3 the year before the election.  You need them for the primaries and then you build off of them.  

Harris has the big advantage here because she has access to all of the Biden-Harris funds and could just absorb the staff.  IT would be more difficult for a Newsome or Pete to do that since they are not part of the existing campaign.  
  • Options
    by insane I meant not enough. I realize now how that wording came across. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 3

I took it as "insanely little time to prepare".
    That's definitely what concerns me.
    I hate to sound like a pessimist, but the coming election reminds me of one of those ball games where you're home team is in the bottom of the ninth, you team is down 11 to 1, and you're in the middle of the batting order.  I've seen a game like that turn around, but it's a rare thing. 
    Hoping for a miracle.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but the coming election reminds me of one of those ball games where you're home team is in the bottom of the ninth, you team is down 11 to 1, and you're in the middle of the batting order.  I've seen a game like that turn around, but it's a rare thing. 
    Hoping for a miracle.
    Things were looking bleak even before last Thursday too....but nobody wanted to believe that polling for some reason. Now all of a sudden, everyone is paying attention to each and every poll that comes out. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Hoping for a miracle.
    Things were looking bleak even before last Thursday too....but nobody wanted to believe that polling for some reason. Now all of a sudden, everyone is paying attention to each and every poll that comes out. lol
    I don't think the polling is a good representation of the electorate, but I do think comparing the same polls (same method) before and after the debate gives a good look how the debate moved people.  It's useful that way.  Do I really think Biden is six points back? No.  I do believe he could have lost 3 points in a week though.  
  • Options
    F me, I feel like I'm freaking out to much.  It's like being on bad drugs without the drugs?  Suggestions?  :lol:

• Options
    I honestly don't think there's anything to freak out about at all at this point. too many unknowns. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    I'm just wondering what everyone else has been watching in regards to Biden before that debate that they didn't think he was way too old and unable to do the job.  It seems evident for some time now.  And if anything was getting done, it wasn't cause of Joe, it was in spite of him.

I hope they prove me wrong but the Democrats seem to find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory ...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I honestly don't think there's anything to freak out about at all at this point. too many unknowns. 
    If that's the case, I may need a straight jacket come November, lol
    I'm just wondering what everyone else has been watching in regards to Biden before that debate that they didn't think he was way too old and unable to do the job.  It seems evident for some time now.  And if anything was getting done, it wasn't cause of Joe, it was in spite of him.

I hope they prove me wrong but the Democrats seem to find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory ...

I hate to admit it, but sometime I think the theme song is

• Options
    Damn this presser is ridiculous. The same question over and over.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The Stephanopoulos interview on Friday will be interesting. It won't be live so editing can happen but George will be asking some tough questions.