Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Jesus. Because of this discussion, I just perused Fox "News'" website. This dumb story is literally the 2nd biggest thing happening in all of the world today according to people who get their "news" from Fox.

Please folks, recognize what Fox is and get your news from a more reputable source. Dominion lawsuit settlement tells you all you need to know about what they consider a "news" story at Fox. No other reputable news website I checked is bothering to put this gossip on their front page. 

https://www.foxnews.com/

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    mace1229 said:
    Its okay to asked a question about the president's son in the president thread. Really not a big deal.
    no, they are asking about a grandchild now. how many generations do you want to go? can we ask about jimmy  carter's great great grandchild in relation to his presidency?
    I won’t say go start a new thread if you do.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Its okay to asked a question about the president's son in the president thread. Really not a big deal.
    no, they are asking about a grandchild now. how many generations do you want to go? can we ask about jimmy  carter's great great grandchild in relation to his presidency?
    I might start a new thread about it just for you Mace. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Jesus. Because of this discussion, I just perused Fox "News'" website. This dumb story is literally the 2nd biggest thing happening in all of the world today according to people who get their "news" from Fox.

Please folks, recognize what Fox is and get your news from a more reputable source. Dominion lawsuit settlement tells you all you need to know about what they consider a "news" story at Fox. No other reputable news website I checked is bothering to put this gossip on their front page. 

I clicked on your Fox News link and as I clicked on it, I realized this is the first time I've ever been to FOX news.com. For someone who despises Fox, you visit their news sites more than I do! I'll have to check it out more often like da Juggles. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I might start a new thread about it just for you Mace. 

just use the fucking laptop thread. another controversary that is useless to the countries business.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Biden sending 1,500 troops for Mexico border migrant surge
    By COLLEEN LONG, AAMER MADHANI and TARA COPP
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration will send 1,500 active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border starting next week, ahead of an expected migrant surge following the end of coronavirus pandemic-era restrictions.

Military personnel will do data entry, warehouse support and other administrative tasks so that U.S. Customs and Border Protection can focus on fieldwork, White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre said Tuesday. The troops “will not be performing law enforcement functions or interacting with immigrants, or migrants,” Jean-Pierre said. “This will free up Border Patrol agents to perform their critical law enforcement duties.”

They will be deployed for 90 days, and will be pulled from the Army and Marine Corps, and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will look to backfill with National Guard or Reserve troops during that period, Pentagon spokesman Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said. There are already 2,500 National Guard members at the border.

The COVID-19 restrictions have allowed U.S. officials to turn away tens of thousands of migrants crossing the southern border, but those restrictions will lift May 11, and border officials are bracing for a surge. Even amid the restrictions, the administration has seen record numbers of people crossing the border, and President Joe Biden has responded by cracking down on those who cross illegally and by creating new pathways meant to offer alternatives to a dangerous and often deadly journey.

For Biden, who announced his Democratic reelection campaign a week ago, the decision signals his administration is taking seriously an effort to tamp down the number of illegal crossings, a potent source of Republican attacks, and sends a message to potential border crossers not to attempt the journey. But it also draws potentially unwelcome comparisons to Biden's Republican predecessor, whose policies Biden frequently criticized. Congress, meanwhile, has refused to take any substantial immigration-related actions.

Here's the latest for Tuesday May 2nd: Treasury Secretary Yellen warns Congress about debt limit; New details about Texas shooting suspect; 7 found dead in Oklahoma; Singer Gordon Lightfoot dies at age 84.

Then-President Donald Trump deployed active-duty troops to the border to assist border patrol personnel in processing large migrant caravans, on top of National Guard forces that were already working in that capacity.

Jean-Pierre downplayed any similarity between Biden's immigration management and Trump's use of troops during his term. “DOD personnel have been supporting CBP at the border for almost two decades now,” Jean-Pierre said. “So this is a common practice.”

It's another line of defense in an effort to manage overcrowding and other possible issues that might arise as border officials move away from the COVID-19 restrictions. Last week, administration officials announced they would work to swiftly screen migrants seeking asylum at the border, quickly deport those deemed as not being qualified, and penalize people who cross illegally into the U.S. or illegally through another country on their way to the U.S. border.

They will also open centers outside the United States for people fleeing violence and poverty to apply to fly in legally and settle in the United States, Spain or Canada. The first processing centers will open in Guatemala and Colombia, with others expected to follow.

The Pentagon on Tuesday approved the request for troops by Homeland Security, which manages the border.

The deployments have a catch: As a condition for Austin’s previous approval of National Guard troops to the border through Oct. 1, Homeland Security had to agree to work with the White House and Congress to develop a plan for longer-term staffing solutions and funding shortfalls, “to maintain border security and the safe, orderly, and humane processing of migrants that do not involve the continued use of DOD personnel and resources,” said Pentagon spokesman Air Force Lt. Col. Devin Robinson.

As part of the agreement, the Pentagon has requested quarterly updates from Homeland Security on how it would staff its border mission without servicemembers. It was not immediately clear if those updates have happened or if border officials will be able to meet their terms of the agreement — particularly under the strain of another expected migrant surge.

Homeland Security said it was working on it. “U.S. Customs and Border Protection is investing in technology and personnel to reduce its need for DOD support in coming years, and we continue to call on Congress to support us in this task,” the agency said in a statement.

___

Associated Press writers Zeke Miller, Rebecca Santana, Lolita Baldor and Michael Balsamo contributed to this report.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Can someone direct me to the juicy headline / Hunter Biden / Kardashian gossip thread? 

I thought this one was about Joe Biden. 
    You really think Hunter deserves his own thread, and it isn't relevant to talk about him here?
    "Does it matter as it pertains to the president? Nope."  
    Yes, I said that. Because someone else asked the question should he acknowledge his grandchild. 
    Legitimate question to ask on the Biden thread. And I answered it. 
    If you're going to talk about if Hunter's baby and lawsuits are important, here is a good place to do it.

Do we need to delete every mention of Ivanka and Jr on the Trump thread, and start their own?
    It doesn't matter, but also, it matters, got it. 

RE: Ivanka & Junior: 
    They were part of their father's administration, and Hunter isn't. What don't you & others understand about that? It's pretty uncomplicated. 
    How do people not see the difference here? lol
    There is a difference but Hunter and Joe deserve all of this attention. Remember when decency was on the ballot? Sure.... 

Hunter has been globetrotting the world with the POTUS, even taking questions from children because Joe has a hard time communicating without a teleprompter. 

Not only that, but this developing story:  https://abcnews.go.com/US/irs-whistleblower-told-congress-hunter-biden-probe-mishandled/story?id=98710844
  • Options

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mickeyrat said:
    Never mind veterans’ benefits…. People want to talk about Hunter’s kid. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Can someone direct me to the juicy headline / Hunter Biden / Kardashian gossip thread? 

You really think Hunter deserves his own thread, and it isn't relevant to talk about him here?
    Yes, I said that. Because someone else asked the question should he acknowledge his grandchild. 
    If you're going to talk about if Hunter's baby and lawsuits are important, here is a good place to do it.

Do we need to delete every mention of Ivanka and Jr on the Trump thread, and start their own?

They were part of their father's administration, and Hunter isn't. What don't you & others understand about that? It's pretty uncomplicated. 
    There is a difference but Hunter and Joe deserve all of this attention. Remember when decency was on the ballot? Sure.... 

Hunter has been globetrotting the world with the POTUS, even taking questions from children because Joe has a hard time communicating without a teleprompter. 

Not only that, but this developing story:  https://abcnews.go.com/US/irs-whistleblower-told-congress-hunter-biden-probe-mishandled/story?id=98710844
    Ah, yes, the Republican Party - the protectors of decency - he says before stating that the POTUS can't talk without being fed a line. 

On the developing story - happy to watch and see if this turns out to have been anything. No one is above corruption, but so far all that article suggests is that a person, who has a lawyer, has reached out claiming to have information on an impropriety and is requesting to speak to Congress on the matter.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Oh god forbid! The president has spent time with his son! It is INDECENT to spend time with your only surviving son to republicans now. 

And, oh look another republican whistleblower! Would you like to guess how the other house republican "whistleblower's" have faired so far this year?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

I clicked on your Fox News link and as I clicked on it, I realized this is the first time I've ever been to FOX news.com. For someone who despises Fox, you visit their news sites more than I do! I'll have to check it out more often like da Juggles. 
    hi

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

hi

What I said is true. I've never been to foxnews.com before today. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

hi

Guess we'll just have to take your word for it. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    mickeyrat said:
    that kid isn't a vet so fox and the gop are gonna support the hell out of that kid and amplify the story.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

hi

lol nice. reminds me of rick james saying he never ground his muddy boots on eddie murphy's couch and then in the very next sentence he said "Yeah i remember grindin my feet on eddie murphy's couch."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    that kid isn't a vet so fox and the gop are gonna support the hell out of that kid and amplify the story.
    As usual, the focus is on the distractions from GOP fuckery important things that definitely matter. 

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

hi

He only linked it, he never clicked it. Lol.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

hi

He only linked it, he never clicked it. Lol.
    Too f'n funny. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    Is Bidens approval rating really the lowest out of any president at this point in their term? And is Trump really polling better than him? I don’t know what to believe when it comes to polls anymore 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mrussel1 said:
    I did not find the article obnoxious.  Pretty sure the kid is Hunter’s based on DNA testing.   Here is a CNN (hopefully on the list of AMT approved sources) article indicating that the child is Hunter’s and he does not dispute it.  

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/01/politics/hunter-biden-what-to-know/index.html

Not acknowledging your own grandchild seems pretty crappy to me unless there is a good reason.  I can’t think of any good reason other than the mother does not want him to do so.  

Yes, there are plenty of other ills in the world. But this is a Biden thread so I mistakenly thought it was relevant.  Will go to the Trump thread and watch SNL clips of the Trump kids getting made fun of over and over and over when they have never committed a crime or done anything as remotely as embarrassing as Hunter has.  

And this post of mine has nothing to do with Hunter and everything to do about President Biden, who on the whole seems like a decent person compared to other policiticians.

I think his not acknowledging this biological grandchild is because of the fact his son is currently in litigation with the mother, and he currently has no relationship with the child. He mentioned the grandchildren that grew up knowing him as a grandfather. 

I do think it's a very fair question to ask, however. as you mentioned several times, you aren't "bringing up hunter". 
    You can ask anything you want.  But why does it matter to the country? 

It doesn't. 
    strange. the way trump interacted (or didn't) with barron sure was relevant for quite some time here by several posters. 
    I don't know if that's true or not, but what I know not to be true is that CNN and MSNBC didn't dedicated hours of coverage and web space to Barron.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Is Bidens approval rating really the lowest out of any president at this point in their term? And is Trump really polling better than him? I don’t know what to believe when it comes to polls anymore 
    That was one poll.  Could be an outlier.  The other polls over hte last several months show the opposite.  So you don't over react.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    nicknyr15 said:
    hard to know. I saw the same stats the other day. trump has a current 7 point lead over biden. 49 to 42. that's insane. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That was one poll.  Could be an outlier.  The other polls over hte last several months show the opposite.  So you don't over react.  
    I saw a clip on cnn stating this. Maybe they’re overreacting and only focusing on that poll to get their base riled up and motivated?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I saw a clip on cnn stating this. Maybe they’re overreacting and only focusing on that poll to get their base riled up and motivated?
    that was the other thing I'm wondering about. if the dems and liberal media are going to try to scare liberals into getting out to vote. but to start that this early would seem odd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Maybe.  I mean it's news.  I think Biden is weak and that's an issue.  It is interesting how the public seems to be perceiving him.  I think overall he's actually done a pretty good job.  I am with him on Ukraine, inflation is abating, I'm good with his center left climate policies.  He gives the left some wins, and gives fossil fuels some wins.  I really don't have any big complaints.  

I read Fox News all the time.  That and the Hill are the two news sources that I use probably the most and the criticisms leveled against him on Fox are silly.  They are total misrepresentations or related to Hunter.  So even they are having a tough time hitting him with real issues, IMO. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Maybe.  I mean it's news.  I think Biden is weak and that's an issue.  It is interesting how the public seems to be perceiving him.  I think overall he's actually done a pretty good job.  I am with him on Ukraine, inflation is abating, I'm good with his center left climate policies.  He gives the left some wins, and gives fossil fuels some wins.  I really don't have any big complaints.  

I read Fox News all the time.  That and the Hill are the two news sources that I use probably the most and the criticisms leveled against him on Fox are silly.  They are total misrepresentations or related to Hunter.  So even they are having a tough time hitting him with real issues, IMO. 
    I think it's mostly the economy. Inflation is continuing to ease. Once that subsides further and people realize it, his numbers will go back up. 

And it is a dead heat between him and Trump. Once more and more people start paying attention to the sexual predator former president's criminal cases, Biden should pull ahead

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    If Trump rand against Biden today, I'm not sure who'd win the popular vote, but Trump would crush him in the electoral. Aberrations happen, but you always go back to who you are.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    If Trump rand against Biden today, I'm not sure who'd win the popular vote, but Trump would crush him in the electoral. Aberrations happen, but you always go back to who you are.
    Hard disagree. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    No, I don't know how you say that.  2016 was the aberration, not 2020.  The blue firewall was back.  And there's nothing in the demos of GA and AZ that says they are headed back Red.