Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    edited May 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    is paternity an issue here? is that why hunter is refusing? if so, then it makes sense to say nothing.
    i believe that is the reason.
    Pretty sure paternity was proven a while ago. That's why he was issued child support. He filed a claim to lower the child support and that is the current case. I believe Hunter also filed a suit to prevent the child from using the last name "Biden."
    Does it matter as it pertains to the president? Nope. But it makes for a good juicy news headline that Hunter wants nothing to do with his child, filed a suit to lower the payment, claim he can't afford it and prevent her from using his last name. Since when has this country not been interested in the flawed aspects of the rich and famous? The Kardashians have been a hit show for like 20 years.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited May 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump has no character at all, btw.  So Biden compared to him is a saint.  But I do believe it is a double standard to go after Trump’s kids so hard when Hunter and other relatives were clearly making money off of a perceived influence they had to Joe (not saying Joe personally gained).
    The lede is what's obnoxious. 

"Has America Really Fallen This Low"?  

Yes,  until now no American has been divorced and had to go to court for a hearing about payments.  We've lost our country.  
    Like I said, my postings aren't about Hunter Biden and going to court about payments.  It is about a President of the United States not acknowledging his own flesh and blood as a grandchild.  That's crazy.  He isn't some Random Joe down the street working at the mill that doesn't give a crap about what his children do, he is the god damn President of the United States.  Maybe the expectations of the President have been lowered due to Trump, JFK, Nixon, Clinton's, etc...'s behavior.  That's a shame.

I cannot comprehend just blowing this off in general.  Not saying you have to run out into the street screaming about it, but going full court press that it is not newsworthy is odd to me.  It will be great for this child growing up knowing that her grandfather doesn't give a shit about her because her dad is a cokehead.   He's a good guy though.  Until Joe came along, no American had lost a child.  We've lost the human race.  

Maybe I've watched too many Hallmark movies and expect the family to take care of their own.  
    What do you expect JB to do? His son states that he has no memory of having sex with this woman...she likely doesn't want him involved as a father and he obviously isn't taking the initiative there. What is JB supposed to do? Start sending christmas cards with $20 to a grandchild that he has never met?

And Hunter WAS/IS paying child support. He's just asking for it to be reexamined since his income situation has changed. That is a pretty normal part of the process. Obviously in Hunter's case it takes on a whole new level because he's the president's son.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Can someone direct me to where Biden denied this grandchild? Is it because he said he talks to his 6 grandchildren everyday?  Because he didn't hang a Christmas stocking with her name on it?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

Can someone direct me to the juicy headline / Hunter Biden / Kardashian gossip thread? 

I thought this one was about Joe Biden. 
  • Options
    maybe we need a thread for the unrecognized grandchildren of Joseph Robinette Biden Jr

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    those hunter biden lawsuits for libel and slander are gonna be lit. maybe fox will shell out a few more million since fox has been going after hunter, a private citizen, for years now.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I did not find the article obnoxious.  Pretty sure the kid is Hunter’s based on DNA testing.   Here is a CNN (hopefully on the list of AMT approved sources) article indicating that the child is Hunter’s and he does not dispute it.  

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/01/politics/hunter-biden-what-to-know/index.html

Not acknowledging your own grandchild seems pretty crappy to me unless there is a good reason.  I can’t think of any good reason other than the mother does not want him to do so.  

Yes, there are plenty of other ills in the world. But this is a Biden thread so I mistakenly thought it was relevant.  Will go to the Trump thread and watch SNL clips of the Trump kids getting made fun of over and over and over when they have never committed a crime or done anything as remotely as embarrassing as Hunter has.  

And this post of mine has nothing to do with Hunter and everything to do about President Biden, who on the whole seems like a decent person compared to other policiticians.

I think his not acknowledging this biological grandchild is because of the fact his son is currently in litigation with the mother, and he currently has no relationship with the child. He mentioned the grandchildren that grew up knowing him as a grandfather. 

I do think it's a very fair question to ask, however. as you mentioned several times, you aren't "bringing up hunter". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I did not find the article obnoxious.  Pretty sure the kid is Hunter’s based on DNA testing.   Here is a CNN (hopefully on the list of AMT approved sources) article indicating that the child is Hunter’s and he does not dispute it.  

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/01/politics/hunter-biden-what-to-know/index.html

Not acknowledging your own grandchild seems pretty crappy to me unless there is a good reason.  I can’t think of any good reason other than the mother does not want him to do so.  

Yes, there are plenty of other ills in the world. But this is a Biden thread so I mistakenly thought it was relevant.  Will go to the Trump thread and watch SNL clips of the Trump kids getting made fun of over and over and over when they have never committed a crime or done anything as remotely as embarrassing as Hunter has.  

And this post of mine has nothing to do with Hunter and everything to do about President Biden, who on the whole seems like a decent person compared to other policiticians.

I think his not acknowledging this biological grandchild is because of the fact his son is currently in litigation with the mother, and he currently has no relationship with the child. He mentioned the grandchildren that grew up knowing him as a grandfather. 

I do think it's a very fair question to ask, however. as you mentioned several times, you aren't "bringing up hunter". 
    You can ask anything you want.  But why does it matter to the country? 

It doesn't. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    JB16057 said:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186
    Sounds like someone didn’t pass Grandpa Joe’s sniff test…

It’s only a joke.

• Options

Can someone direct me to the juicy headline / Hunter Biden / Kardashian gossip thread? 

You really think Hunter deserves his own thread, and it isn't relevant to talk about him here?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't. 
    strange. the way trump interacted (or didn't) with barron sure was relevant for quite some time here by several posters. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Amen.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You really think Hunter deserves his own thread, and it isn't relevant to talk about him here?
    "Does it matter as it pertains to the president? Nope."  
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mace1229 said:

Yes, I said that. Because someone else asked the question should he acknowledge his grandchild. 
    Legitimate question to ask on the Biden thread. And I answered it. 
    If you're going to talk about if Hunter's baby and lawsuits are important, here is a good place to do it.

Do we need to delete every mention of Ivanka and Jr on the Trump thread, and start their own?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Yes, I said that. Because someone else asked the question should he acknowledge his grandchild. 
    If you're going to talk about if Hunter's baby and lawsuits are important, here is a good place to do it.

Do we need to delete every mention of Ivanka and Jr on the Trump thread, and start their own?
    It doesn't matter, but also, it matters, got it. 

RE: Ivanka & Junior: 
    They were part of their father's administration, and Hunter isn't. What don't you & others understand about that? It's pretty uncomplicated. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't. 
    strange. the way trump interacted (or didn't) with barron sure was relevant for quite some time here by several posters. 
    Amen 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't. 
    Amen 
    Amen to a straw man argument? I've been here forever and don't recall anything more than a few comments about tRump/Barron. Totally different situation.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

They were part of their father's administration, and Hunter isn't. What don't you & others understand about that? It's pretty uncomplicated. 
    It doesn't matter as it pertains to the presidency. But he needs a new thread to ask that question? 
    If the logic is this is a Joe Biden thread and not a Hunter thread, so don't mention Hunter applies here, then how does that same logic not apply to every thread?

People talked about other family members of Trump too. His wife, other kids not in office, etc. Not just Ivanka and Jr. No one seemed to care when the thread went to Milania, but here, ask a question about Hunter and you've crossed a line. 

I'm just saying I don't think its a bid deal when it comes to Biden. But its a current news story, its okay to talk about it here. Hunter doesn't;t need his own thread to bring it up. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

How do people not see the difference here? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Its okay to asked a question about the president's son in the president thread. Really not a big deal.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

How do people not see the difference here? lol
    The willful ignorance is astounding. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Its okay to asked a question about the president's son in the president thread. Really not a big deal.
    I don't disagree with this...

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't. 
    Amen 
    Amen to a straw man argument? I've been here forever and don't recall anything more than a few comments about tRump/Barron. Totally different situation.
    and this is literally one question about hunter biden's child. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jesus christ. you'd think someone asked about Hillary's emails. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    they'd better not!

• Options
    they'd better not!
    Hillary's emails > Hunter's laptop for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    mace1229 said:
    no, they are asking about a grandchild now. how many generations do you want to go? can we ask about jimmy  carter's great great grandchild in relation to his presidency?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't. 
    Amen 
    and this is literally one question about hunter biden's child. 

and how many pages are we spending on it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14