Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298

That’s all you got these are getting lame dude! Oh look at me I can post memes of the current president 🙃 what shows did you put in for? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    mrussel1 said:
    I think it's nuts that he wants the fucking job. 
    I am approaching 45 and cannot wait to retire. Can you imagine having THAT job at 70/80 years old? Fucking ridiculous. 
    I'm not surprised. Some people enjoy the spotlight and attention I have to assume anyone running for president does. The WH, and all the staff, has got to be a pretty cool place to live if you can handle the media and attention.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I think it's nuts that he wants the fucking job. 
    I am approaching 45 and cannot wait to retire. Can you imagine having THAT job at 70/80 years old? Fucking ridiculous. 
    I'm not surprised. Some people enjoy the spotlight and attention I have to assume anyone running for president does. The WH, and all the staff, has got to be a pretty cool place to live if you can handle the media and attention.
    Chuck Grassley was born in 1933. Lol. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    MCCAIN: Hunter wants to slash payments for his child. The president won't acknowledge she's alive | Daily Mail Online

Do you think that Biden should acknowledge this grandchild if asked how many grandchildren he has?  I get how parents of drug addicts may not step in to fund their child's obligations, but I would assume that Biden would at least acknowledge that the child exists and is his grandchild by blood.  Perhaps the mother's wishes are that she wants nothing to do with the Biden's except for child support.  

From the outside looking in it appears that this grandchild is bad news for Pres. Biden's image and his son's pocketbook.  

Some of you will ask why bring up Hunter?  This isn't about Hunter.  This is a President not acknowledging a grandchild.  The sitting President in 2023.   I would expect a lot more from a President.   I would expect that he acknowledge the child and take an interest in the child's life as long as his mother is not against it.  Not required, but I would think decent people would do that.   

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mickeyrat said:
    I love co-opting the Brandon insult.  Same thing was done with Obamacare.
  • Options
    MCCAIN: Hunter wants to slash payments for his child. The president won't acknowledge she's alive | Daily Mail Online

Do you think that Biden should acknowledge this grandchild if asked how many grandchildren he has?  I get how parents of drug addicts may not step in to fund their child's obligations, but I would assume that Biden would at least acknowledge that the child exists and is his grandchild by blood.  Perhaps the mother's wishes are that she wants nothing to do with the Biden's except for child support.  

From the outside looking in it appears that this grandchild is bad news for Pres. Biden's image and his son's pocketbook.  

Some of you will ask why bring up Hunter?  This isn't about Hunter.  This is a President not acknowledging a grandchild.  The sitting President in 2023.   I would expect a lot more from a President.   I would expect that he acknowledge the child and take an interest in the child's life as long as his mother is not against it.  Not required, but I would think decent people would do that.   

It's none of my business or yours.  It serves no national interest whatsoever.  

I have no idea the drama behind it,  nor am I interested. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I love co-opting the Brandon insult.  Same thing was done with Obamacare.
    I want official let's go Brandon mercy from the Biden campaign!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Is character important when looking at qualifications for president?  This is at least a datapoint amongst many to be considered.   

We sure made the Trump family part of our business the last 7 years.  I would assume if Trump wasn't acknowledging a grandchild it would be blasted across the media.  

I agree with you though this is a personal matter of Biden's.  I think personal matters "matter" though in some respects when judging someone for President.  A gambling addiction isn't illegal but goes to character.  Binge drinking isn't illegal but goes to character.  Not acknowledging blood relatives when asked by a child goes to character.  
  • Options
    is paternity an issue here? is that why hunter is refusing? if so, then it makes sense to say nothing.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Is character important when looking at qualifications for president?  This is at least a datapoint amongst many to be considered.   

We sure made the Trump family part of our business the last 7 years.  I would assume if Trump wasn't acknowledging a grandchild it would be blasted across the media.  

I agree with you though this is a personal matter of Biden's.  I think personal matters "matter" though in some respects when judging someone for President.  A gambling addiction isn't illegal but goes to character.  Binge drinking isn't illegal but goes to character.  Not acknowledging blood relatives when asked by a child goes to character.  
    Joe's character is impeccable. If and why he doesn't recognize this granddaughter is no reflection on him.  She's not his kid. If it was his, then you have an argument.  

I mean,  Jesus Christ his whole life has been public. He grieved his dead wife and daughter as a senator. His son died of cancer and you're picking on this and saying it's emblematic of his character? After 50 years in public office? 
  • Options
    BTW, what an obnoxious article you linked.  This was the top story on Fox all day.  I guess things must be going pretty well in the US if this is the most important story on a Monday.  Not Ukraine,  First Republic,  Texas shooter on the loose...  no... Hunter Biden child support hearing.  Give me a fucking break. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I did not find the article obnoxious.  Pretty sure the kid is Hunter’s based on DNA testing.   Here is a CNN (hopefully on the list of AMT approved sources) article indicating that the child is Hunter’s and he does not dispute it.  

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/01/politics/hunter-biden-what-to-know/index.html

Not acknowledging your own grandchild seems pretty crappy to me unless there is a good reason.  I can’t think of any good reason other than the mother does not want him to do so.  

Yes, there are plenty of other ills in the world. But this is a Biden thread so I mistakenly thought it was relevant.  Will go to the Trump thread and watch SNL clips of the Trump kids getting made fun of over and over and over when they have never committed a crime or done anything as remotely as embarrassing as Hunter has.  

And this post of mine has nothing to do with Hunter and everything to do about President Biden, who on the whole seems like a decent person compared to other policiticians.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    mrussel1 said:
    BTW, what an obnoxious article you linked.  This was the top story on Fox all day.  I guess things must be going pretty well in the US if this is the most important story on a Monday.  Not Ukraine,  First Republic,  Texas shooter on the loose...  no... Hunter Biden child support hearing.  Give me a fucking break. 
    Further, if this is such a reflection on Brandon's character and everyone is suddenly concerned about it, why wasn't it raised in 2019 during the campaign season? Further, did the unacknowledged grandchild, the mother of same or Hunter work in the Brandon Administration, speaking to the whyfors becauses of POOTWH's kids and not Brandon's? I realize its lost on some. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Trump has no character at all, btw.  So Biden compared to him is a saint.  But I do believe it is a double standard to go after Trump’s kids so hard when Hunter and other relatives were clearly making money off of a perceived influence they had to Joe (not saying Joe personally gained).
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Trump has no character at all, btw.  So Biden compared to him is a saint.  But I do believe it is a double standard to go after Trump’s kids so hard when Hunter and other relatives were clearly making money off of a perceived influence they had to Joe (not saying Joe personally gained).
    The lede is what's obnoxious. 

"Has America Really Fallen This Low"?  

Yes,  until now no American has been divorced and had to go to court for a hearing about payments.  We've lost our country.  
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mrussel1 said:

Yes,  until now no American has been divorced and had to go to court for a hearing about payments.  We've lost our country.  
    Like I said, my postings aren't about Hunter Biden and going to court about payments.  It is about a President of the United States not acknowledging his own flesh and blood as a grandchild.  That's crazy.  He isn't some Random Joe down the street working at the mill that doesn't give a crap about what his children do, he is the god damn President of the United States.  Maybe the expectations of the President have been lowered due to Trump, JFK, Nixon, Clinton's, etc...'s behavior.  That's a shame.

I cannot comprehend just blowing this off in general.  Not saying you have to run out into the street screaming about it, but going full court press that it is not newsworthy is odd to me.  It will be great for this child growing up knowing that her grandfather doesn't give a shit about her because her dad is a cokehead.   He's a good guy though.  Until Joe came along, no American had lost a child.  We've lost the human race.  

Maybe I've watched too many Hallmark movies and expect the family to take care of their own.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    mickeyrat said:
    is paternity an issue here? is that why hunter is refusing? if so, then it makes sense to say nothing.
    Well that’s what hunter tried to do until a paternity test proved he was the dad.  Now he’s 750k in the hole to her every year according to the prosecutors and he’s playing deadbeat dad.  The judge wants to know how much he’s been making on his art as well and wants to subpoena the buyers.  He drives a 140k porche and paid fjb 50k in rent a month but refuses to pay child suppprt. Guy needs to go away.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158

you must really be pissed off about thomas jeffeson fathering children with slaves and not acknowledging them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    i believe that is the reason.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    is hunter working for the campaign? is hunter a face of the presidency like trump's kids?

no he is not. so i do not care. like at all. 

if he were in the west wing every day, that is a different story. 

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Well that’s what hunter tried to do until a paternity test proved he was the dad.  Now he’s 750k in the hole to her every year according to the prosecutors and he’s playing deadbeat dad.  The judge wants to know how much he’s been making on his art as well and wants to subpoena the buyers.  He drives a 140k porche and paid fjb 50k in rent a month but refuses to pay child suppprt. Guy needs to go away.
    Like dead? Because the only reason he's not away is because Fox and company run stories every day about him. He's not an admin member.   So what do you mean,  go away?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Like I said, my postings aren't about Hunter Biden and going to court about payments.  It is about a President of the United States not acknowledging his own flesh and blood as a grandchild.  That's crazy.  He isn't some Random Joe down the street working at the mill that doesn't give a crap about what his children do, he is the god damn President of the United States.  Maybe the expectations of the President have been lowered due to Trump, JFK, Nixon, Clinton's, etc...'s behavior.  That's a shame.

I cannot comprehend just blowing this off in general.  Not saying you have to run out into the street screaming about it, but going full court press that it is not newsworthy is odd to me.  It will be great for this child growing up knowing that her grandfather doesn't give a shit about her because her dad is a cokehead.   He's a good guy though.  Until Joe came along, no American had lost a child.  We've lost the human race.  

Maybe I've watched too many Hallmark movies and expect the family to take care of their own.  
    I don't know why you think you know everything about this family situation and his view on it.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

Ignoring the chicanery of Ivanka & Jared over the last 7 years while trying to tie Hunter's bullshit to his father's administration, which he has literally nothing to do with is some next level cognitive dissonance. 

It's hard to take seriously. 
  • Options

Ignoring the chicanery of Ivanka & Jared over the last 7 years while trying to tie Hunter's bullshit to his father's administration, which he has literally nothing to do with is some next level cognitive dissonance. 

It's hard to take seriously. 

go on......

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mickeyrat said:
    Actually, just like you, guy has the right to do anything legal. What, freedom is only for your friends who agree with you?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1