Options

psst...10/10/2020

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    edited October 2020
    Im not entirely sure that those purchased from the UK/EU store actually ship from the UK so shipping charge very odd within Europe. Cant remember from previous years but I doubt it. Few things to note:

Ten Club pack these better than the EU store.
    EU store tend to have quite a limited number so they will likely sell out first if shipping gets fixed.
    US pressing seems to be expected late this year but not in EU until late Feb 21.

Ive gone with UK/EU because Im in the UK so have gone purely on a cost basis. Been preordering so many records recently I dont want to pay excessive for something Im not seeing until next year.
  • Options
    shecky said:
    kramer73 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Releasing an already officially released show - what a waste.  Very lazy.
    It's easy, don't buy it.
    I agree! One thing you can always count on here is that some people will bitch and moan no matter what. I bought it because: #1. It's on VINYL and #2. It's been RE-MIXED. In fact, I'm going to buy a second set right now - one to listen to and one for the archives.
    Please, tell us more about the things you needed remixed that will now save this concert from the horrors of the original mix?

No one complained about the original mix man.  He said it is advertised as remixed, so Pearl Jam thought it was worth remixing.
    You're always so negative.
    Don't buy it if you don't want it.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Yes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes.
    They should've consulted what show with you and asked  you if it needed to be remixed and how much to charge for shipping.
    After all, they owe YOU the missing singles.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited October 2020
    Yes.
    They should've consulted what show with you and asked  you if it needed to be remixed and how much to charge for shipping.
    After all, they owe YOU the missing singles.
    Ofc they should have. Everyone would have been happier. Would have been perfect if I was consulted. Both in what show to pick, the mix and what would be sane to charge for shipping.

Ofc they owe ME, and whoever has an analog membership, the singles. We paid for them.

Your post is a whole lot of obvious statements. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001
    edited October 2020
    OMG shipping
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Shumway35 said:
    Shipping updated for Canada. $34
    That's for the UPS option.  Standard International is 62.99.  It's UPS standard.  They're going to bend you over the brokerage fee when it crosses the border (unless you arrange to pick it up and take it through customs yourself).
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    Yeah it’s a letdown for me as well. I’m not into vinyl so I’m always hoping for new shows with the vault releases. But I’ve liked all the past vaults so I can’t complain. Can’t win ‘em all. 

And nice of them to wait to let us know that Get It Back would be free. I bought that Good Music compilation on Friday for $20 just for the one song. I figured the song would be exclusive for that one day only, and since it was a 70-song compilation, I felt it was worth it. And there are some other good tunes on the comp, so it’s not a ripoff or anything like that. But I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew i could get the PJ song on its own. And of course they knew people would feel that way so that’s why they did it like this. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Ok, this thought just crossed my mind. Will there be a CD release of vault 10? If so, I guess it will be the remix? If not CD remix, why would they have another digital release of the same show.... and to further my thinking, if no digital CD release, #10 will be missing in the collection.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    CopperTom said:
    Yeah it’s a letdown for me as well. I’m not into vinyl so I’m always hoping for new shows with the vault releases. But I’ve liked all the past vaults so I can’t complain. Can’t win ‘em all. 

And nice of them to wait to let us know that Get It Back would be free. I bought that Good Music compilation on Friday for $20 just for the one song. I figured the song would be exclusive for that one day only, and since it was a 70-song compilation, I felt it was worth it. And there are some other good tunes on the comp, so it’s not a ripoff or anything like that. But I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew i could get the PJ song on its own. And of course they knew people would feel that way so that’s why they did it like this. 
    The money went to a good cause.  
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    MedozK said:
    Ok, this thought just crossed my mind. Will there be a CD release of vault 10? If so, I guess it will be the remix? If not CD remix, why would they have another digital release of the same show.... and to further my thinking, if no digital CD release, #10 will be missing in the collection.
    It says at the bottom that CD and Digital Downloads will be available for purchase after Vault orders ship. I assume that will be the new Vault remix, unless they've pulled the existing show from purchase?
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    CopperTom said:

The money went to a good cause.  
    I’m aware. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Zod said:
    Shumway35 said:
    Shipping updated for Canada. $34
    That's for the UPS option.  Standard International is 62.99.  It's UPS standard.  They're going to bend you over the brokerage fee when it crosses the border (unless you arrange to pick it up and take it through customs yourself).

Last year I don't believe I was hit with any customs as I picked UPS standard & it was delivered by Canada Post. 
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    densan said:
    I like that the White Stripes did a cover song about Moline. Moline, Moline, Moline, Moline...Stuck in my head now. :) 
    Are you sure that it isn't Jolene  =)
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Hmm...I went with International Shipping b/c Canada is not the USA. 

Could I have just used the UPS option?

kinda crazy that shipping is more than the actual vinyl.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Perfect selection for Vault 10. Ordered and can’t wait to spin that wax. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Does seem a little lazy that they pick a show readily available. But I don’t have it, so not a big complaint.
    My biggest complaint is, and forever will be, that I can spend $75 on vinyl and not get a free download of it!
  • Options
    So any word on international shipping. It's never been this price. $55usd for the vinyl and $73usd shipping to Aus. 10c have never charged this so is it a mistake? Not annoyed just want an update as Canada was corrected to an extent
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    So any word on international shipping. It's never been this price. $55usd for the vinyl and $73usd shipping to Aus. 10c have never charged this so is it a mistake? Not annoyed just want an update as Canada was corrected to an extent
    Ship to me and I send to you?

• Options
    wwsuicide said:
    Ship to me and I send to you?

Hey Shane, thanks for the offer mate. If nothing changes soon I may have to... but it doesn't seem right... just checked vault 9 was $50 With $36 shipping And $5 taxes September 2019. A year on Today's is $55, $73 shipping And $7 taxes. Pro choice so I don't have to buy,  I get it... just think it can't be right. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    my take in whole vault 10 is this
    as pj and people work for them knows u have a very loyal fan base that will buy alot of your stuff same alot are collectors 
    and u know most of us are supportive and not complain about everything..
    the whole shipping cost is wrong,there is no other way to say it.i will not mention the fact that this vault is about a show u already release and not something wasnt released before like the previous 9 releases.
    from yesterday the whole talk about it is the shipping prices,,all over here and the social media..that means something.
    i saw ton of fans collectors,and friends and other fans saying its the first time ill not order it.
    especially the uk shop that suppose to save us europeans some money the shipping cost is rediculus.its exactly 3 times up from last year 
    seriously u can find from all european countries flights to uk cheaper than the shipping cost of  this vault release 

the thing is one of the reasons we love the band is that u guys care.
    u support your crew,the poster artsit,so many people and so many causes during the pandemic..we know u care..
    .u have the option to release 3-4 merch ,a vinyl,a live streaming and u can get money to support lot of people and causes..
    the fans during all this pandemic struggle alot ,alot lost their job,alot lost money on flights,hotels cos of cancel tour ,alot have hold money of concert tic of tour will happen who knows when,us europeans have to rebook and repay flights and hotels for next summer tour...
    and now we have this crazy shipping prices..make no sense..
    it will be cool to show u care for that too and try to fix it..cos we know can be fixed..we live in europe and we know how shipping costs goes ..
    i search yesterday tons of shipping methods from uk nothing was more than 31 euros,that was the most expensive..
     i know,,world first problems..
    personaly im lucky that have tons of pj fans worlwide,i had alot of messages from uk friends and fans to help,buy it ship t to them nd then to me.so i can save 20-30 euros from shipping cost..
    thats not the point.
    we have your president,trump to treat us like we are 3rd world countries in europe..."murica first.."
    .we know u arent in the same boat with him,.
    imo,u should put someone to work and fix this...it will make this far.and u will see the orders goes up and all will be happy.
    thanks.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Maybe because it's the weekend. They may fix it monday.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,076
    This is all madness really - I’m lucky as only cost £3.99 postage in the UK. However if you look on a site like parcelmonkey, you should be able to post a heavy vinyl record from the UK to anywhere in the Eurozone for around £13-14. Maybe one of us should set up a business forwarding 10c UK store orders....
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    drfox said:
    This is all madness really - I’m lucky as only cost £3.99 postage in the UK. However if you look on a site like parcelmonkey, you should be able to post a heavy vinyl record from the UK to anywhere in the Eurozone for around £13-14. Maybe one of us should set up a business forwarding 10c UK store orders....
    I ordered 3 large items from the uk to ireland the other day. Much bigger and heavier than the vaults. Free shipping across europe
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,076
    edited October 2020
    Kearn5y said:
    drfox said:
    I ordered 3 large items from the uk to ireland the other day. Much bigger and heavier than the vaults. Free shipping across europe
    Indeed. I order stuff from various countries in Europe to the UK all the time and the cost is always quite low. Imagine the same with items going the other direction. My guess is it’s just a mistake on the UK website.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    drfox said:
    Kearn5y said:
    drfox said:
    Indeed. I order stuff from various countries in Europe to the UK all the time and the cost is always quite low. Imagine the same with items going the other direction. My guess is it’s just a mistake on the UK website.
    Lets hope so
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    a friend told me They use Parcelforce to ship...its the most expensive and most overpriced shipping company in UK 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    Is there any official word on this insane shipping cost? What happend last year? When did they fix it and what was the reason it was so high in the first place?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    So I see this has been re-mixed by Josh Evans. That gives me hope.

I was at the Moline show. In fact, it was my first PJ general admission experience. What a memory! A day or two after the show, someone here linked to an audience bootleg. It wasn't even from the soundboard, but I still to this day love listening to it. I listen to it more than the official Moline bootleg that I purchased. You can hear and feel the audience, where it gets mostly lost in the official bootlegs. It gives me the feeling of being 10-12 rows back of Ed that I had that night.

Long story short (too late heh), I really hope Josh incorporated more of the audience in to this vault release.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Anyone elses shipping price change when processing an order?