Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It’s been tough for people named Karen and Brandon over the past few years. Not as bad as being a high schooler named Jeremy is the early 90’s, but it’s getting there. 
    The Karen thing is annoying and terrible.  For those of us born in the 70s, Karen is a very common name. 

same with the male counterpart, Chad. Chad was my parents' second choice to name me. I know several Chads as well. 
    Yeah,  Chad seems like a surfer/skater name... not a complainer. 

and one was a quite astute observer and  inventive describer of those observations
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited November 2021
    Meanwhile 30% of Rs are ready for bloodshed according to recent poll.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/01/republicans-violence-save-us-poll
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2021
    Hobbes said:
    static111 said:
    I’m not sure I follow Dan here.  I’m pretty sure people have been saying fuck (the president) forever.  Not something I see as being a big deal especially as much as some of us went after bush II and Trump. 
    Sure we/us/people have been saying fuck somebody, but mostly on social media outlets, band forums, and informal settings and gatherings. Today we are seeing members of Congress, pilots for Southwest, stadium chants aired on national TV, all publicly endorsing "Let's Go Brandon!" or "Fuck Joe Biden!" A vulgar display and it is a big deal.
    Also, the "fuck Joe Biden" is chanted incessantly every week in front of my son's elementary school along with "Joe Biden is a racist and a pedophile."

I mean, I live in a fairly small town, but there are other places (places where more people will hear the message even) where these knuckledraggers can yell "fuck Joe Biden" over and over again for hours on end. But in front of the elementary school is where they've been for going on two years now. Great people.

And windows at the elementary school are open because it's an old building with shitty ventilation.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    static111 said:
    I’m not sure I follow Dan here.  I’m pretty sure people have been saying fuck (the president) forever.  Not something I see as being a big deal especially as much as some of us went after bush II and Trump. 
    Sure we/us/people have been saying fuck somebody, but mostly on social media outlets, band forums, and informal settings and gatherings. Today we are seeing members of Congress, pilots for Southwest, stadium chants aired on national TV, all publicly endorsing "Let's Go Brandon!" or "Fuck Joe Biden!" A vulgar display and it is a big deal.
    Also, the "fuck Joe Biden" is chanted incessantly every week in front of my son's elementary school along with "Joe Biden is a racist and a pedophile."

I mean, I live in a fairly small town, but there are other places (places where more people will hear the message even) where these knuckledraggers can yell "fuck Joe Biden" over and over again for hours on end. But in front of the elementary school is where they've been for going on two years now. Great people.

And windows at the elementary school are open because it's an old building with shitty ventilation.
    I don't care for the Biden administration, but I can't stand these "Fuck Joe Biden" chants. I thought it was bad hearing it at sporting events. Now kids can't even watch a baseball game without being subjected to vulgarities (you'll hear them at a baseball game, but not in a chant) and political statements (too boring for kids to be bothered with). But Jesus, in front of an elementary school? People need to get a life.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I think some of this FJB stuff is rooted in projection. They think anyone that voted for him is as devoted to him as Trump voters are to Trump. But the devotion to Trump is pretty much unprecedented.  "We" don't care that they hate Biden as much as "they" think we do. And "we" don't care that they hate Biden as much as "they" cared when we hated Trump.

Another piece of it is that it's not really even about Biden. It's just frustration at whatever stands in the way of the Trump Dynasty.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    It's the family values people getting their kids to chant "Fuck you Joe Biden".....the hypocrisy is super strong with them.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    static111 said:

I don't care for the Biden administration, but I can't stand these "Fuck Joe Biden" chants. I thought it was bad hearing it at sporting events. Now kids can't even watch a baseball game without being subjected to vulgarities (you'll hear them at a baseball game, but not in a chant) and political statements (too boring for kids to be bothered with). But Jesus, in front of an elementary school? People need to get a life.
    It almost seems targeted--like they are trying to get this chant drilled into 5- to 11-year-olds' heads.

Like I said, there are many other more well-trafficked places in town where they could chant.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    static111 said:

It almost seems targeted--like they are trying to get this chant drilled into 5- to 11-year-olds' heads.

Like I said, there are many other more well-trafficked places in town where they could chant.
    Like the freeway :)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    The moral decay of the republican party has accelerated at an alarming rate over the last five years. Again, Hillary Clinton was right about those people. Sadly, now they they represent a much larger portion of that party.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I think some of this FJB stuff is rooted in projection. They think anyone that voted for him is as devoted to him as Trump voters are to Trump. But the devotion to Trump is pretty much unprecedented.  "We" don't care that they hate Biden as much as "they" think we do. And "we" don't care that they hate Biden as much as "they" cared when we hated Trump.

Another piece of it is that it's not really even about Biden. It's just frustration at whatever stands in the way of the Trump Dynasty.
    Agreed. I'd say the main difference is we are not in a cult like they clearly are. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/sean-parnell-wife-abuse-choke-senate-hearing-20211101.html

Pa. Senate candidate Sean Parnell’s wife testified that he choked her and hit their children

The testimony by Laurie Parnell could damage the political prospects of Sean Parnell, a leading Republican candidate endorsed by Donald Trump.

Sean Parnell during a campaign rally last year for then-President Donald Trump at the Pittsburgh International Airport With Trumps support Parnell a decorated veteran is now seeking the Republican nomination for one of Pennsylvanias US Senate seats
    Sean Parnell during a campaign rally last year for then-President Donald Trump at the Pittsburgh International Airport. With Trump's support, Parnell, a decorated veteran, is now seeking the Republican nomination for one of Pennsylvania's U.S. Senate seats.Read moreKeith Srakocic / AP

BUTLER, Pa. — The estranged wife of Republican Senate candidate Sean Parnell testified under oath Monday that he choked her until she bit him to escape, that he hit their young children and verbally lashed out at her with obscenities and insults.

In tearful testimony, Laurie Parnell told a family court judge said that her husband once called her a “whore” and a “piece of s — " while pinning her down, and other time lashed out at their young children. Once, she said, Sean Parnell slapped one child hard enough to leave fingerprint-shaped welts through the back of the child’s T-shirt. And she said he once got so angry he punched a closet door with such force it swung into the child’s face and left a bruise. She said Parnell told his child: “That was your fault.”

She also testified that after a Thanksgiving trip in 2008 he briefly forced her out of their vehicle alongside a highway after raging at her, telling her to “go get an abortion.”

”Let me emphatically state: I have never raised a hand in anger towards my wife or any of our three children,” the statement said. “What happened today in court was not justice, nor did it have any basis in fact or truth. Next week, I’ll have an opportunity to present the truth to the court and I look forward to that opportunity.”

Still, the sworn, public testimony — which took place after Sean Parnell had tried and failed to win a court order silencing his wife — seemed certain to significantly damage his ambitions, after he had emerged as the likely front runner in a critical U.S. Senate race, one of a handful that could decide control of the chamber. The state’s incumbent Republican senator, Pat Toomey, is not seeking another term.

Parnell’s campaign web site prominently displays photos of him smiling alongside the couple’s three school-age children. The site also describes him as an abortion-opponent who “will always vote to protect the unborn.”

In a cramped, hot hearing room in this city north of Pittsburgh, Laurie Parnell painted him as a father filled with intense rage and post-traumatic stress disorder, saying the abuse began even before they were married, in 2010, but became worse in 2017 and 2018. Both incidents involving Sean and their children happened in those latter years. They separated in May 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Once, she testified, “He tried to choke me out on a couch and I literally had to bite him” to get free. “He was strangling me.”

He would rage at her during long car rides to visit family, she said. “He would go off on me and I wasn’t sure why.”

Wearing jeans, leather boots and a black Under Armour jacket, Sean Parnell watched just feet from his wife as she testified. His expression was not visible to reporters in the room.

Monday was the start of a three-day custody trial. Laurie Parnell, who is seeking primary custody, was not subjected to cross-examination Monday, so she was not challenged on her account. Sean Parnell’s campaign noted that despite all of the accusations, the couple currently splits custody of their children.

Laurie Parnell and two of her siblings, testified before a judge overseeing the case Monday. A handful of reporters, along with a member of Parnell’s campaign team, watched from a small bench in the back.

Parnell’s personal conduct amid his acrimonious divorce has become the most glaring question around his candidacy. He had already faced attacks from one GOP rival, Jeff Bartos, over temporary protective orders issued against him in 2017 and 2018, though neither of those became permanent and both were later expunged.

But until Monday there was little information about Laurie Parnell’s specific allegations.

In her testimony, she said her family grew to be terrified of her husband.

At times he would scream at her, sometimes holding her down by her thighs, in what she called “Sean-a-logues.” . ”It was just Sean and no one else got to talk,” she said.

She said she considered calling police, but that Sean warned against placing such a call. The family was then relying on his income as a public speaker and television commentator.

“He said it would ruin his image,” if she called police, she said.

Sean was diagnosed with PTSD and 90% disabled, she said, after his serving in Afghanistan, seeing heavy combat in 2006 and 2007 and receiving two Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart. He later published a book about his time in the war. His publisher says he lectures in part about PTSD.

At least one Republican, former U.S. Rep. Ryan Costello, from Chester County, immediately called on Parnell to drop out of the race.

After this testimony “he’d lose to a golden retriever by double digits,” Costello tweeted. “He should write books & play hero on Fox & [get out] of the race. He’s a disaster of a candidate.”

Costello has in the past suggested he might run for Senate himself.

Temporary protective orders like the ones previously issued against Sean Parnell are granted before the defendant has a chance to respond, and are commonly approved. In 2020, almost nine out of 10 requests for temporary protection from abuse orders were granted, according to Pennsylvania court figures.

Permanent protective orders are only issued after a joint hearing involving both parties. Neither of the temporary orders against Sean Parnell became permanent. The first ended after an agreement between the couple, according to court records supplied by Sean Parnell’s campaign, and a judge dismissed the second order after a hearing.

Laurie Parnell said Monday she agreed to end the first temporary order in hopes she and Sean could reconcile with Sean.

Sean Parnell also sought a protective order against Laurie in 2018, but was denied even a temporary order.

For Trump, the flurry of charges from Laurie Parnell meant that he has now endorsed two Republican candidates shadowed by domestic abuse allegations.

In September, the former president had urged former NFL star Herschel Walker to run for the U.S. Senate in Georgia, endorsing him one day after he gave Parnell the nod and campaigning with him.

Walker’s ex-wife has testified that he was physically abusive and threatening toward her. A judge in Texas issued a protective order that prevented him from possessing a gun for a time.

Post edited by The Juggler on
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
      OnWis97 said:

Agreed. I'd say the main difference is we are not in a cult like they clearly are. 
      Yes.. that's why they think we care about rallies, you tube views and such. I'd rather not have to hear from the president.  That's how I know things are going okay
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:
      OnWis97 said:

Yes.. that's why they think we care about rallies, you tube views and such. I'd rather not have to hear from the president.  That's how I know things are going okay
      I kept having a friend who is a Trump supporter always text me last year saying the only reason I am voting for Biden is that he's not Trump as if he was making some huge pronouncement. I kept saying "Yeah...I'd vote for a ham sandwich over Trump. I don't see your point." This was a guy who used to be rational and then devolved enough to the point that he was flying a Trump flag at his house by last fall. It's really sad.
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:
      OnWis97 said:

I kept having a friend who is a Trump supporter always text me last year saying the only reason I am voting for Biden is that he's not Trump as if he was making some huge pronouncement. I kept saying "Yeah...I'd vote for a ham sandwich over Trump. I don't see your point." This was a guy who used to be rational and then devolved enough to the point that he was flying a Trump flag at his house by last fall. It's really sad.
      I dunno. I haven't had a decent sandwich in thirteen years. 
      2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
      http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    • Options
      I've cut slices of meat so thin, I couldn't even see them.
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      I’m calling Virginia for Youngkin. And game 6 for Houston.
      09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      edited November 2021
      Welp...a republican winning by distancing himself from Trump is certainly better than a republican winning by embracing maga full on 
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      Welp...a republican winning by distancing himself from Trump is certainly better than a republican winning by embracing maga full on 
      Sheep in wolf’s clothing. He’s smart enough not to say the quiet part out loud.
      09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      Maybe. I still think it's better than having him actually have Trump come in and actively campaign for him. Blow to Trump's ego too. 
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      He's legitimately center right.  I'm more concerned about the legislature.  

It isn't over yet,  but there needs to be really heavy counts in Alexandria and a few other places.  Also Hopewell,  which is heavy D, hasn't even reported last I looked.  I'd say Terry has 20% chance 

And yes,  he ran from Trump and Trump released a statement yesterday trying to ride Younkins tail. Pathetic. 
    • Options
      Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
      mrussel1 said:

It isn't over yet,  but there needs to be really heavy counts in Alexandria and a few other places.  Also Hopewell,  which is heavy D, hasn't even reported last I looked.  I'd say Terry has 20% chance 

And yes,  he ran from Trump and Trump released a statement yesterday trying to ride Younkins tail. Pathetic. 

Dems could lose in NJ also. Dems are too busy thinking 50 votes in the senate is a mandate , meanwhile are too busy whining about meaningless drivel and not getting their $3.5T instead of doing what Rs do every year, vote.
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:

But he didn’t run on denouncing POOTWH either. This opens the door for POOTWH to take some credit and legitimately claim that it was his, POOTWH’s, supporters that got him elected. He also ran heavily on being against CRT which is just another dog whistle in a long line of them.

When the center keeps moving right, he’s far right. Again, he won’t say the quiet part out loud and now he’s free to embrace POOTWH because he’s got 4 years. Let’s not pretend this is GWB’s, Colin Powell’s or even Mittens’ party. It’s not. Not even close.

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:

But he didn’t run on denouncing POOTWH either. This opens the door for POOTWH to take some credit and legitimately claim that it was his, POOTWH’s, supporters that got him elected. He also ran heavily on being against CRT which is just another dog whistle in a long line of them.

When the center keeps moving right, he’s far right. Again, he won’t say the quiet part out loud and now he’s free to embrace POOTWH because he’s got 4 years. Let’s not pretend this is GWB’s, Colin Powell’s or even Mittens’ party. It’s not. Not even close.
      He's not politically off from Reagan.  Right of Mitt though.

I agree on the CRT, but Reagan used stuff whistles too. 
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:

Dems could lose in NJ also. Dems are too busy thinking 50 votes in the senate is a mandate , meanwhile are too busy whining about meaningless drivel and not getting their $3.5T instead of doing what Rs do every year, vote.
      Do you think? I looked at the counties and the heavy, large D counties didn't look like they are reporting.  
    • Options
      mrussel1 said:
      mrussel1 said:

He's not politically off from Reagan.  Right of Mitt though.

I agree on the CRT, but Reagan used stuff whistles too. 
      Of course Reagan did. All you need is his locale of his announcement to run. Reagan was hard right, though.

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      All of Long Island pretty much went red.

Everyone is pretty much tired of high taxes and the failed bail reform.

Let's see how this goes.
    • Options
      dankind said:
      Hobbes said:
      static111 said:

Why someone would think it's "classy" to fly a F joe Biden flag on your vehicle in public is beyond me.  There is no couth in this type of behavior.  Knuckledragger is a perfect term for that.
    • Options
      cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
      dankind said:
      Hobbes said:
      static111 said:

Why someone would think it's "classy" to fly a F joe Biden flag on your vehicle in public is beyond me.  There is no couth in this type of behavior.  Knuckledragger is a perfect term for that.
      GOP….goofs on parade 
    • Options
      nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,777

Let's see how this goes.
      Not surprising 
    • Options
      nicknyr15 said:

Let's see how this goes.
      Not surprising 
      That one I have heartache w too.  The public was pretty much lied to about that one.