Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    edited November 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    All of Long Island pretty much went red.

Everyone is pretty much tired of high taxes and the failed bail reform.

Let's see how this goes.
    Not surprising 
    That one I have heartache w too.  The public was pretty much lied to about that one.
    It also seems as if voters have moved on from covid. 

Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Let's see how this goes.
    Not surprising 
    That one I have heartache w too.  The public was pretty much lied to about that one.

Not surprising.  As horrendous as the cost may be to the at risk I think many people are tired of putting their lives on hold for this.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Let's see how this goes.
    Not surprising 

I mentioned in the Virus thread that yes, my town I live in COVID has moved on.  No one we know has got sick.

It's really weird...
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Let's see how this goes.
    Not surprising 

I mentioned in the Virus thread that yes, my town I live in COVID has moved on.  No one we know has got sick.

It's really weird...
    Not weird if a majority of people are vaxxed or have some natural immunities.  If your town never got touched and no one got vaxxed, that would be weird.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Closed for review

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Members,

Anyone can read this forum and your posts appear on search engines. Inside jokes, mocking and the like are lost in translation to other people. Please be very careful that your posts are not promoting violence, even if you meant it in jest. Promoting violence is never ok here. 

Thank you.
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Members,

Anyone can read this forum and your posts appear on search engines. Inside jokes, mocking and the like are lost in translation to other people. Please be very careful that your posts are not promoting violence, even if you meant it in jest. Promoting violence is never ok here. 

Thank you.
    Of all the things people write I can't believe that is what got this thread shut down...
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    Kat said:
    Members,

Thank you.
    Of all the things people write I can't believe that is what got this thread shut down...
    I certainly don’t want to put my posting privileges in jeopardy but I thought the same thing. The names that poster has called Democrats and the post itself about the 30% not being deleted…..I get there’s a link which makes it legit (?) but if you’re going to remove our posts then remove them all.  The threat against liberals is real and my first response wasn’t funny or untrue. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Lol. Settle down Jemele
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    edited November 2021
    Lol.  Settle down Jemele
    A review of your posts shows you are a _____________.  No wonder people don’t engage with you.  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    edited November 2021
    Lol.  Settle down Jemele
    A review of your posts shows you are ______________.  No wonder people don’t engage with you.  
    My grandfather always said don't feed the trolls
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    edited November 2021
    Lol. Settle down Jemele
    A review of your posts shows you are _______________.  No wonder people don’t engage with you.  
    Yet you all do. 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    Lol. Settle down Jemele
    A review of your posts shows you are __________________.  No wonder people don’t engage with you.  
    Yet you all do. 
    ha
    Post edited by Kat on
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    We try to catch everything but if we've missed something, please flag it and we'll take a look. Thank you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    Lol. Settle down Jemele
    Who's your duly elected president?

:)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Discuss the topic please....on every thread. Thanks!
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Discuss the topic please....on every thread. Thanks!
    We do go off on tangents.  That's how conversations flow.

Now how about that GOP sweeping across Long Island?  Dems hold the city but that place has been in a slide for a while now.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Kat--If that was directed towards me...two thirds of the GOP still refuse to acknowledge Biden won (yet they have no answer as to why the dems just didn't rig Tuesday's elections in states they control). So I'm in a GOP thread asking a purported member of the GOP who the president is.

I apologize if that is out of bounds but I'm really legitimately curious what republicans think about about that seemingly simple question. I thought that would be okay. 

Please delete if out of bounds. Sorry. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kat--If that was directed towards me...two thirds of the GOP still refuse to acknowledge Biden won (yet they have no answer as to why the dems just didn't rig Tuesday's elections in states they control). So I'm in a GOP thread asking a purported member of the GOP who the president is.

I apologize if that is out of bounds but I'm really legitimately curious what republicans think about about that seemingly simple question.

Please delete if out of bounds. Sorry. 
    It's totally directed at you. He's a troll, sure. But you respond to him with that same response every time. Bentleyspop pretends his grandfather told him not to feed trolls. Heed the make-believe grandfatherly advice. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    As for the current state of things, the loss in Virginia and narrow win in New Jersey should have the democrats and their mouthpieces on MSNBC and CNN rethinking things. I couldn't believe Joy Reid and company were going on about white supremacy after it. That's the shit that's costing the democrats. It'll cost them in 2022. And if it keeps up, you know what could happen in 2024. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    It was not directed at any one person. Just trying to keep the peace and spread some love. 
    Did you watch what Rachel Maddow said about the election trend with VA and NJ? She found some better news for Dems. 
    Then there's the James Carville comment about being woke that I haven't looked into yet...we could discuss that stuff. You decide which thread, ok? :) 
  • Options
    Kat said:
    It was not directed at any one person. Just trying to keep the peace and spread some love. 
    Did you watch what Rachel Maddow said about the election trend with VA and NJ? She found some better news for Dems. 
    Then there's the James Carville comment about being woke that I haven't looked into yet...we could discuss that stuff. You decide which thread, ok? :) 
    Carville was spot on. Here's the article...

James Carville Says ‘Stupid Wokeness’ Costs Democrats at the Polls (msn.com)

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Kat said:

He said this a few weeks back too if I am not mistaken.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I guess people can decide if they want to win elections or if they want to stand up for what is right.

A shame these things can't be the same.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I guess people can decide if they want to win elections or if they want to stand up for what is right.

A shame these things can't be the same.

What are you making reference to here? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Just read Carvilles statement and I agree.  People see it's stupid and won't say it out loud.  Then again some things do need to stick.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2021
    Breaking news: Another old white guy denounces wokeness. Again.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Old, young, black, white, purple, green, male, female, trans...whatever....he's fucking right. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Kat said:

He went on, saying that what he sees as wokeness “has a suppressive effect all across the country on Democrats.”

“Some of these people need to go to a ‘woke’ detox center or something,” he said. “They’re expressing a language that people just don’t use and there’s backlash and a frustration at that.”

Couldn't agree more.  The whole "woke" attitude simply reeks of arrogant self-righteousness.  It' a major turn-off to the average moderate thinking person and an insult to people sincerely trying to make positive progressive change happen in this country.  It's the kind of attitude that is helping build the radical right.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Old, young, black, white, purple, green, male, female, trans...whatever....he's fucking right. 
    No he isn't..the sad fact is that people would rather hear half truths and distortions than face the legacy of racism for once. What woke talking points were on the ballot in virginia again? Oh yeah, I won't make you wear a mask, I won't mandate a vaccine, I won't ever tell your kids that Virginia was one of the last states to desegragate and that the slow desegregation has a lasting legacy today...No people didn't go out and vote against wokeness or for sensible middle of the road policies, they voted for denial.
    Scio me nihil scire