Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    edited August 2023
    My Summary of the debate:

Hutchison: Did OK...eyes looked bloodshot all night
    Christie: Didn't do as good as I expected but did well. Took Vik to the cleaners.
    Pence: Did better than I expected...really threw out Jesus a lot. Still can't believe he raised his hand that he would support tRUmp if he
    was the nominee after railing on him for trying to subvert the constitution
    Desantis: Did ok....maybe better than expected which was a low bar
    Vik: Started off strong then quickly spiraled into a conspiracy moron. Law and order guy but he will pardon tRump? Fuck off
    Haley: Destroyed Vik on foreign policy. Tried to use the woman card even though she supports taking rights of women away. Big credit for pointing out how much the deficit increased under tRump. 
    Scott: Did OK...won't last long
    ND Gov: who?

Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Christie: Didn't do as good as I expected but did well. Took Vik to the cleaners.
    Pence: Did better than I expected...really threw out Jesus a lot. Still can't believe he raised his hand that he would support tRUmp if he
    Vik: Started off strong then quickly spiraled into a conspiracy moron. Law and order guy but he will pardon tRump? Fuck off
    Haley: Destroyed Vik on foreign policy. Tried to use the woman card even though she supports taking rights of women away. Big credit for pointing out how much the deficit increased under tRump. 

Look at every wishlist item Trump got for him.  Of course he would back the guy again if it means Imposing christofacism. It's a no lose situation for a guy like him.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:

Look at every wishlist item Trump got for him.  Of course he would back the guy again if it means Imposing christofacism. It's a no lose situation for a guy like him.
    I totally get it politically...we're dealing with a magat base after all. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,479
    static111 said:

I need to read up on it but I still don't get how Trump got the Christian vote and that he's a savior crap.  I've heard him  speak for years and religion is not something I ever heard muttered from his mouth
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    Dropping in for a moment here.

Apparently Fox News brought up, gulp, climate change at the Republican Debate. And not all of them denied that it exists!

I'm old enough to remember when climate change was not even discussed at general election debates. I'm also exactly old enough to be born just after Exxon scientists presented the future of climate change to the company, and they decided to bury it from then forwards. So this is progress, I guess.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,432
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Dropping in for a moment here.

Apparently Fox News brought up, gulp, climate change at the Republican Debate. And not all of them denied that it exists!

I'm old enough to remember when climate change was not even discussed at general election debates. I'm also exactly old enough to be born just after Exxon scientists presented the future of climate change to the company, and they decided to bury it from then forwards. So this is progress, I guess.
    Vik said it was a hoax....he's fucking dangerous

• Options
    static111 said:

I need to read up on it but I still don't get how Trump got the Christian vote and that he's a savior crap.  I've heard him  speak for years and religion is not something I ever heard muttered from his mouth
    Because they are delusional as hell. How does one accept an adulterous piece of shit who NEVER attends church to Biden who is a devout Catholic and probably hasn't missed a church service in 70 years? Just another piece of the GOP mystery.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    edited August 2023
    static111 said:

Because they are delusional as hell. How does one accept an adulterous piece of shit who NEVER attends church to Biden who is a devout Catholic and probably hasn't missed a church service in 70 years? Just another piece of the GOP mystery.
    Also has 5 kids w/ 3 different women. 

Imagine the reaction if a woman who had 5 kids w/ 3 different men ran for office. 
  • Options
    static111 said:

Also has 5 kids w/ 3 different women. 

Imagine the reaction if a woman who had 5 kids w/ 3 different men ran for office. 
    Wow.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,045
    static111 said:

I think this says a lot about people who call themselves so-called "Christians".   Christians are supposedly people who follow the teaching of Jesus and who follow his example of being loving and caring.  Jesus would probably spit on the ground at the mention of Trump and would call out those so-called Christians who follow this man who has zero spiritual or moral values.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

I think this says a lot about people who call themselves so-called "Christians".   Christians are supposedly people who follow the teaching of Jesus and who follow his example of being loving and caring.  Jesus would probably spit on the ground at the mention of Trump and would call out those so-called Christians who follow this man who has zero spiritual or moral values.
    They see a few issues, which I get, and vote that way.  I can get that way sometimes too.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

Another name for these so-called "christians" is hypocrites. 
    By far the largest group of people who regularly spew a rhetoric of fear, hate, ignorance,  and lies claim to be "christians". 
    All they seem to care about is old wealthy white men who identify as straight and "christian" while hating and disparaging everyone else. 
    Not very Christian. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,045
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

By far the largest group of people who regularly spew a rhetoric of fear, hate, ignorance,  and lies claim to be "christians". 
    All they seem to care about is old wealthy white men who identify as straight and "christian" while hating and disparaging everyone else. 
    Not very Christian. 

Yeah, "hypocrites", I think you have it pegged exactly.
    Despite not considering myself to be "religious", and having my own spiritual beliefs (which I guess you could say are basically personal and eclectic), I do have a respect for people of faith who I see as truly following the basic tenets of Christianity.  But they seem to be becoming a smaller and smaller minority.  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,252
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

Not very Christian. 

Yeah, "hypocrites", I think you have it pegged exactly.
    Despite not considering myself to be "religious", and having my own spiritual beliefs (which I guess you could say are basically personal and eclectic), I do have a respect for people of faith who I see as truly following the basic tenets of Christianity.  But they seem to be becoming a smaller and smaller minority.  

Trump gave them a list in 2016 of the most extreme conservative justices he would nominate for scotus if he won. He did and he delivered. Everything else is window dressing to them.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

claiming Christ as Saviour is a far cry from being a follower of Christ.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547

I think Desantis was awful and awkward. Forgettable performance. Other than that, I pretty much agree with your analysis here

HAVING SAID THAT.....this is maga we are talking about....therefore, I think Ramaswamy had the best night. They now seem to really like conspiracy weirdo rich people who love to hear themselves talk and talk and talk. I think we're going to be hearing a lot about how he's a new, younger, version of Trump. I've read some stuff about how he's trying to position himself to be Trump's running mate and it's not that far fetched. This is a cult and he absolutely recognizes it, that's why he was up there defending Trump all night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,019
    Only the best people folks, only the best. It's the cult of grift and being grifted, among other things. But hey, have you heard about Hunter's laptop and Drag Queen Storey Hours?

CPAC urged to probe more sexual misconduct claims against chair Matt Schlapp

A senior board member of CPAC’s parent organization resigned as he urged more scrutiny of Schlapp’s alleged conduct

A senior board member of the parent organization behind the prominent Conservative Political Action Conference who resigned on Friday urged an independent investigation into additional allegations of sexual misconduct against Chairman Matt Schlapp.

The vice chairman of the board of the American Conservative Union, Charlie Gerow, announced his resignation on Friday in a letter to other directors that called on them to authorize an investigation including any additional allegations that they or staff have become aware of, according to multiple people familiar with the letter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation.

Earlier this year, Schlapp was sued for alleged sexual battery and defamation by a Republican campaign operative who claimed that the CPAC leader groped his crotch during a campaign trip last fall. Schlapp has denied the claim.

In addition to that lawsuit, some board members and staffers have been told about other incidents involving Schlapp, 55, and two younger men, multiple people with direct knowledge of the situation said.

In one incident, a staffer said Schlapp attempted to kiss him while drinking late after a work function in 2017. The staffer also provided documentation from that night to The Washington Post showing physical contact that the staffer said was unsolicited.

In another incident, Schlapp allegedly made unwanted physical advances on someone else’s employee during a CPAC business trip in Palm Beach, Fla., in early 2022, according to multiple people informed of the incident. The alleged victim did not respond to requests for comment.

Schlapp did not respond to requests for comment.

“These allegations are completely fabricated and represent a blatant attempt by Mr. Gerow and disgruntled individuals to force Mr. Schlapp to step down,” Matt Smith, a member of the ACU executive committee, said in a statement Saturday. “ … Only when it became clear that he was not going to be reelected to the board did he fabricate these false allegations.”

In a statement released after his resignation Friday, Gerow said: “I will continue to pray that the difficulties they are encountering will be dealt with openly and honestly. I am calling on my former colleagues to authorize an independent investigation into the charges against Matt Schlapp, to conduct an independent forensic audit of the organizations finances, to obtain a written opinion of counsel that the organization is in full compliance with its own bylaws and all applicable law and to thoroughly review all the exit interviews of the large number of staff who have recently left.”

CPAC did not respond to requests for comment on the new sexual harassment allegations. But in response to Gerow’s resignation, CPAC said in a statement on Friday: “CPAC remains committed to compliance. Having a board that is unified toward the goal of defeating the left and winning on important issues and in the next election is critical to saving America.”

Longtime member Morton Blackwell said he was not aware of any other allegations of sexual misconduct against Schlapp but acknowledged “there are problems, and I am looking forward to the next board meeting so we can discuss them.”

Gerow’s resignation is the third by a member of the board’s eight-member executive committee in recent months. When ACU Treasurer Bob Beauprez quit in May, he wrote a resignation letter saying he had “lost confidence” in the organization’s financial statements, blamed Schlapp for excessive staff departures, and suggested that violations of the organization’s bylaws could expose the organization to lawsuits or criminal prosecution.

In the lawsuit filed in January in Virginia, GOP operative Carlton Huffman accused Schlapp of groping his genitals while driving Schlapp to his hotel in Atlanta after campaigning for Senate candidate Herschel Walker. Call logs, texts and videos provided by Huffman and his confidants to The Post and in his lawsuit matched his account, and six family members and friends and three Walker campaign officials confirmed to The Post that he told them about the alleged incident that night or the next day.

Schlapp has acknowledged drinking with Huffman that night but denied making any sexual advances. The lawsuit is in the discovery phase.

Gerow’s resignation letter also raised concerns about the organization’s potential liability for legal costs in the Huffman case, according to people familiar with the letter.

In a previous message to the board that was obtained by The Post, Gerow said he was repeatedly refused requests to inspect the organization’s finances, in particular hoping to review the insurance coverage for the legal costs. Gerow’s message said he received a response from CPAC’s general counsel, David Safavian, saying he could not copy any documents, which Gerow said conflicted with D.C. law giving the directors of nonprofit organizations the right to “inspect and copy the books, records, and documents of the corporation.”

“Any failure to comply with D.C. or other law and our bylaws potentially provides the ‘ammo’ to fire at us,” Gerow said in his earlier message to the board. “Sadly, this follows several warnings from other directors and former officers about our noncompliance with our own by laws and the laws under which we operate.”

Safavian then replied with a message, apparently intended for someone else, saying he planned to take Gerow off the board at a meeting this month.

Safavian did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Another former employee, Regina Bratton, notified the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in January of plans to sue over claims that she was fired in retaliation for complaining about a co-worker’s sexist and racist comments. Schlapp and CPAC have not responded to questions about Bratton from The Post.

ACU was founded in the wake of Barry Goldwater’s loss in the 1964 presidential election to nurture the conservative movement. The flagship CPAC conference has become a blockbuster gathering for activists and politicians. Schlapp became chairman in 2014 and expanded into international conferences while making himself a prominent surrogate for former president Donald Trump.

CPAC urged to probe more sexual misconduct claims against chair Matt Schlapp - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,019
    From a WaPo article’s comment section about the repub debate the other night.

The 2023 debates were the second weakest showing in RNC debate history, seconded only by the non-existent 2020 debates - a complete capitulation to Trump.

On display was an utter lack of moral courage, and only Asa Hutchinson can claim a long-standing record of criticizing Trump (Chris Christie has recently emerged from deprogramming, but it's too soon to tell if it will stick).

They can't defend the justice system because they know he's guilty, as all of us do who watching him exhort that mob to storm the Capitol that day, and for the nearly three hours he did nothing while rioters threatened to kill Mike Pence and hunted for Nancy Pelosi. It was a disgusting display of disrespect for the country and of utter cowardice. He told them he'd lead them there, then high-tailed it back to the White House, his dirty work done by others, as always.

One wonders what he has on McCarthy that he was welcomed back into the fold, or McConnell, who protected him not once but twice from conviction with a series of corrupt maneuvers.

Lindsey Graham once famously said "If we make Donald Trump our nominee he will destroy our party, and we will have deserved it." Never was that destruction on more ample display.

Nikki Haley mouthed his threats to the UN as ambassador. Ron DeSantis helped contribute to the death toll of COVID. Mike Pence had courage only once, and while it was a crucial juncture, if more people all around had courage we would never have gotten to that point. Ramiswamy isn't worthy of consideration, one more Thiel/Yang-esque dilettane with money and an attitude.  

The other two were so memorable I can't even remember who they are.

The GOP needs to be destroyed before it destroys America. Right now it's a zombie on self-destruct, threatening a nuclear detonation of whoever's back yard it's in when the moment comes.

We need to launch it out to the end of civilization and let it destroy itself before it destroys us.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    He's tRump II.

He just says whatever the fuck and gets more popular along the way.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    He's tRump II.

He just says whatever the fuck and gets more popular along the way.

it also struck me , he's getting a lot of free airtime, like someone in the recent past....

• Options