Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,463
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I really don't like people comparing Marge Greene with someone on the other side of the political spectrum and simply saying something like "well one is far right and the other is far left." No. One is a racist, wackjob bigot. The other believes in rights for people MGT discriminates against. It's not the same thing. 
    That’s what I was trying to convey! You said better thanks
    There’s no comparison between the two sides. Sure, they each have their extremes but there’s no way that you can compare any member of the squad with what the repubs have in Matt Getts Off, Maggie Three Names, Lorena Bobbit, George Costanza or Josh Hee Hawley.

If both sides were the same, Al Franken would still be in the senate and even if he were, it’d be a huge stretch to compare the two parties’ extremes as being the “same.”
    This is exactly right. Any non biased, independent person should be able to come to this conclusion if they are being honest with themself. Problem is there plenty of people who are not honest with themselves
    You guys are blowing this way out there...

You have far left and far right, yes?  So you can compare them on a scale.  One is far left and one is far right.  On different points of a political scale which I tried to convey in that one is for LBGT rights and the other enjoys Gazpacho police.  It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

It's called a political spectrum.  
    I don't think supporting rights for LBGT people is extreme.  That's pretty mainstream and human.  There are "far left" people certainly, but this was not a good example. 
    I really don't like people comparing Marge Greene with someone on the other side of the political spectrum and simply saying something like "well one is far right and the other is far left." No. One is a racist, wackjob bigot. The other believes in rights for people MGT discriminates against. It's not the same thing. 
    There’s no comparison between the two sides. Sure, they each have their extremes but there’s no way that you can compare any member of the squad with what the repubs have in Matt Getts Off, Maggie Three Names, Lorena Bobbit, George Costanza or Josh Hee Hawley.

If both sides were the same, Al Franken would still be in the senate and even if he were, it’d be a huge stretch to compare the two parties’ extremes as being the “same.”
    This is exactly right. Any non biased, independent person should be able to come to this conclusion if they are being honest with themself. Problem is there plenty of people who are not honest with themselves

You have far left and far right, yes?  So you can compare them on a scale.  One is far left and one is far right.  On different points of a political scale which I tried to convey in that one is for LBGT rights and the other enjoys Gazpacho police.  It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

But it is not a normal political spectrum though. It's not like it used to be and we should not pretend it is. 

Being for someone's right's is one thing, and shouldn't be labeled extreme, by the way.

Being against those same people's rights is simply unamerican and not, in any way, equivalent to the other side of the spectrum. 
    Here we go again...

We won't come to any common ground on this so let's just move on.
    I don't know that I"ve gone over this with you, so humor me.  Do you think legalized gay marriage is an extreme position?  Those are rights, along with all of the tax, end of life, and other benefits that come with that marriage.  
    This is why I wanted to move on.

Never in the history of this forum have I been against the LBGT community yet I get these questions. It started with what I thought was something so simple as trying to point out which side of the aisle someone is on.  It was just that simple but just like anything on here that doesn't go with the flow, everyone piles on one part of a comment and it snowballs.

To answer your question No, it should be a standard right.  Where on earth would you ever pull that from anyways?

I say this respectfully, as I don't want to do the piling on thing.... it was a bad comparison / analogy.  
    You'll never get an agreement with a far left and right leaning comparison on here ever.  They'll always be a disagreement on the two.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't think supporting rights for LBGT people is extreme.  That's pretty mainstream and human.  There are "far left" people certainly, but this was not a good example. 

But it is not a normal political spectrum though. It's not like it used to be and we should not pretend it is. 

Being for someone's right's is one thing, and shouldn't be labeled extreme, by the way.

Being against those same people's rights is simply unamerican and not, in any way, equivalent to the other side of the spectrum. 
    Here we go again...

I don't know that I"ve gone over this with you, so humor me.  Do you think legalized gay marriage is an extreme position?  Those are rights, along with all of the tax, end of life, and other benefits that come with that marriage.  

Never in the history of this forum have I been against the LBGT community yet I get these questions. It started with what I thought was something so simple as trying to point out which side of the aisle someone is on.  It was just that simple but just like anything on here that doesn't go with the flow, everyone piles on one part of a comment and it snowballs.

To answer your question No, it should be a standard right.  Where on earth would you ever pull that from anyways?

I say this respectfully, as I don't want to do the piling on thing.... it was a bad comparison / analogy.  
    You'll never get an agreement with a far left and right leaning comparison on here ever.  They'll always be a disagreement on the two.

folks agree mtg is far right. it ends there.

so since it was you that made the comparison, please explain your reasoning for slapping a far left label on rapinoe. I thought I covered the basics of what her stances are. did I miss something? all of those listed in that post are variations of equality, no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

You may be right about that, but that doesn't mean you still didn't make a bad analogy. Both things can be true. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,531
    edited August 2023
    Rapinoe also didn't drop a flag.
    I recall the incident where Allie Long dropped the flag while doing a choreographed routine w/ Rapinoe, (& one of her teammates quickly scooped it up) but I don't think it was anything other than absent mindedness.. It sure as shit didn't LOOK like any sort of deliberate statement or action. 

If Rapinoe dropped the flag, it's news to me. 

In googling the incident, there were were also questions "Did Rapinoe stomp on the American flag?" so I'm thinking people took that Allie Long incident and tried to make it appear way worse than it actually was. (unless I'm missing a whole other incident... I'm open to being corrected here)

Based on what I've read and heard, I'm inclined to think Rapinoe's been built up as another RW boogey man (boogey woman / boogey person?) by Fox News because lets face it... hating women like Rapinoe resonates w/ Fox's audience. 
    That was the incident.  I thought she was holding the flag.  The stomping thing I never heard about until now.  I watched that in 2019 so forgive me if I remembered wrong as I knew she was in the clip I watched live years ago.
    There's nothing to forgive, I get shit wrong all the time. (fyi, the next part of my comment isn't directed at you personally, it just came to me when talking / thinking / reading up on this)  

My takeaway from this world cup appearance is the extent to which the WNT has been vilified by RW media, They were criticized this summer for not singing along w/ the anthem... when did that become a thing? (spoiler: it's not a thing and has never been a thing, but this summer it was made into a thing in order to criticize them for being anti-American... it's bullshit propaganda to what end? Stoking Americans' hatred of the other end of the spectrum, which is what Fox does... they have to keep their audience angry) 

Rapinoe specifically... she didn't drop the flag, but the impression is out there that she did, and worse... if google prompts the question of her stomping on the flag it tells me people have searched that... that tells me the rumor exists.

I remember at the time a co-worker being pissed that the WNT threw the flag to the ground, and after watching the video, that's not what I saw... this co-worker was angry about it because Fox news told him he should be angry about it. 

It's fucked up just how much Fox & others are twisting things to keep people mad & coming back.
    Yeah the singing of the anthem thing is really fucked up. It's like they were just anticipating some of them kneeling or turning their backs or something and had all their manufactured outrage queued up for it...then when that didn't happen, they're like "uh...what do we do now?" And then just made up not singing the anthem as a thing and---PRESTO! = MAGA MAD UPSET ONCE AGAIN!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    Rapinoe also didn't drop a flag.
    I recall the incident where Allie Long dropped the flag while doing a choreographed routine w/ Rapinoe, (& one of her teammates quickly scooped it up) but I don't think it was anything other than absent mindedness.. It sure as shit didn't LOOK like any sort of deliberate statement or action. 

If Rapinoe dropped the flag, it's news to me. 

In googling the incident, there were were also questions "Did Rapinoe stomp on the American flag?" so I'm thinking people took that Allie Long incident and tried to make it appear way worse than it actually was. (unless I'm missing a whole other incident... I'm open to being corrected here)

Based on what I've read and heard, I'm inclined to think Rapinoe's been built up as another RW boogey man (boogey woman / boogey person?) by Fox News because lets face it... hating women like Rapinoe resonates w/ Fox's audience. 
    That was the incident.  I thought she was holding the flag.  The stomping thing I never heard about until now.  I watched that in 2019 so forgive me if I remembered wrong as I knew she was in the clip I watched live years ago.
    There's nothing to forgive, I get shit wrong all the time. (fyi, the next part of my comment isn't directed at you personally, it just came to me when talking / thinking / reading up on this)  

My takeaway from this world cup appearance is the extent to which the WNT has been vilified by RW media, They were criticized this summer for not singing along w/ the anthem... when did that become a thing? (spoiler: it's not a thing and has never been a thing, but this summer it was made into a thing in order to criticize them for being anti-American... it's bullshit propaganda to what end? Stoking Americans' hatred of the other end of the spectrum, which is what Fox does... they have to keep their audience angry) 

Rapinoe specifically... she didn't drop the flag, but the impression is out there that she did, and worse... if google prompts the question of her stomping on the flag it tells me people have searched that... that tells me the rumor exists.

I remember at the time a co-worker being pissed that the WNT threw the flag to the ground, and after watching the video, that's not what I saw... this co-worker was angry about it because Fox news told him he should be angry about it. 

It's fucked up just how much Fox & others are twisting things to keep people mad & coming back.
    Yeah the singing of the anthem thing is really fucked up. It's like they were just anticipating some of them kneeling or turning their backs or something and had all their manufactured outrage queued up for it...then when that didn't happen, they're like "uh...what do we do now?" And then just made up not singing the anthem as a thing and---PRESTO! = MAGA MAD UPSET ONCE AGAIN!
    This sounds about right. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,847
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

Honestly, you said it directly.  You compared gay rights to gazpacho.  I didn't/don't think you're anti-gay that's why I didn't understand your comparison.  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

You may be right about that, but that doesn't mean you still didn't make a bad analogy. Both things can be true. 
    Fair enough.  I'll take the L and move on.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

Honestly, you said it directly.  You compared gay rights to gazpacho.  I didn't/don't think you're anti-gay that's why I didn't understand your comparison.  

Two females that have a voice and people talk about a lot by oppositional political parties?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

Two females that have a voice and people talk about a lot by oppositional political parties?
    que?  Je ne comprends pas.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

que?  Je ne comprends pas.  
    lol, never mind then.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,743
    mrussel1 said:

Here we go again...

Sorry man. I just think people like Marge Greene are so far off the spectrum, that there is no comparison on the other side. 
    Republicans say AOC is the equivalent. Both sides are the same. Problem resolved. 
  • Options

• Options
    I don't know where htis goes, but it's hilarious.  The hypocrisy never ends.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    RF&P park is 2 minutes from my house.  It's where I coached my son for years.  It's a beautiful stadium where they hold the 14-15 year old world series every year, and this is probably the event because it was this week.  What a fucking dick.  I'm going to find out where he is at.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    RF&P park is 2 minutes from my house.  It's where I coached my son for years.  It's a beautiful stadium where they hold the 14-15 year old world series every year, and this is probably the event because it was this week.  What a fucking dick.  I'm going to find out where he is at.  

please do. these assholes talk so much about children and keeping them safe and protected from (insert scary talking point here) .....

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,011
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Folks should show up at that dicks house and throw multiple dicks on his lawn while dressed as dicks and saying dick repeatedly through a bullhorn. Fucking dick. Sign him up for the bag of dicks month club. Get his address, I’ll mail him some dicks. Say they’re from Tricky Dick.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    follow up from a tweet last week....

gift article.

Confidential affidavits detail reasoning for police raid of Kansas newspaper
    By Jonathan O'Connell and Jon Swaine
    August 19, 2023 at 15:12 ET
    MARION, Kan. — The police chief who led a widely criticized raid of a newspaper office in Kansas told a judge that a reporter there accessed a restaurant owner’s driving record from a state database and could not have done so without “either impersonating the victim or lying about the reasons why the record was being sought,” according to confidential court records used to obtain a search warrant for the premises.
    In sworn affidavits that have not previously been reported, Marion Police Chief Gideon Cody also told a judge that the Kansas Department of Revenue had confirmed to him that Marion County Record reporter Phyllis Zorn had downloaded the private record. The documents provide the first public accounting of the evidence that was cited to justify the raid.
    Zorn confirmed to The Washington Post that she downloaded the record, a process that involves entering a name, date of birth and driver’s license number. She said she did so to verify information she had received from a source. The newspaper’s editor and publisher, Eric Meyer, said he does not believe Zorn committed a crime. He said that the record was accessed for research purposes and that there was no intent to use it maliciously. “There is no criminal intent,” he said.
    Meyer allowed for the possibility that the paper had technically crossed a line by searching the database but said that “even if it was illegal for us to do that, the police response was like bringing the SWAT team out for jaywalking.”
    The Aug. 11 police raid sparked outrage among First Amendment advocates and news organizations across the nation. Officers seized computers, phones and other records during the search, a virtually unprecedented event in recent American history. Meyer’s home also was searched, as was the home of a city council member. The Record said stress from the raid contributed to the sudden death the following day of Meyer’s 98-year-old mother, Joan, a co-owner of the newspaper.

continues....

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    well then, Mexoco should remove them. Then send Abbott the bill.

• Options