Options

Nate Silver 538

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    Post-debate polls: Biden up by 5 in Florida, 7 in Pennsylvania

Trump's debate performance did him no favors, the New York Times/Siena College surveys show.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/03/polls-biden-leads-trump-in-florida-pennsylvania-after-debate-425843
    Hence the current drama.

The more I take a look at PA 2016 polling, the more I think Nate is out of his mind calling it 80%.

Take a close look at PA 2016 on RCP from Sept thru the first few days of Oct. Clinton was dominating, even more than Biden is now. She held solid leads thru most of Oct, then the last week or two, there were about five or so polls that had Clinton only up by 2. It tightened in a heartbeat.
    The voice of reassurance. Yea, because both sides are the same and 2016 is the same as now. You’re pushing hard for the re-election of a certain outcome.

How are you voting?

I watched 2016 carefully and saw the outcome, and saw how everybody got played. Trumps passionate following among NCWs is very concerning, at least to me.

Granted it’s a stretch he faked covid or got it on purpose to change the dynamic of the election, but one has to wonder on Thursday if trumps internal polling showed the same as NBC/WSJ just released poll:

” President Trump is drawing his weakest voter support of the year in his re-election race following Tuesday’s contentious debate with former Vice President Joe Biden, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds.

Mr. Biden, the Democratic nominee, leads the president, 53% to 39%, among registered voters in the new poll, which was conducted in the two days following the debate but before news emerged that Mr. Trump had tested positive for Covid-19. Mr. Biden’s 14-point lead compares with an 8-point advantage last month and 11 points in July, which was his largest of the campaign at that time.

The survey finds something rare in Journal/NBC News polling: evidence that an individual news event—the debate—is having a material effect on Mr. Trump’s political standing, at least for now. Significant events in the past, such as Mr. Trump’s impeachment by the House and acquittal by the Senate, had only hardened views of the president, not shifted them.”

Had his internal polling showed this, I’d put nothing past that man to change the election dynamic 

So the goal was to put a spotlight on Trumps biggest weakness? 

I kind of doubt that was the plan.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump's debate performance did him no favors, the New York Times/Siena College surveys show.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/03/polls-biden-leads-trump-in-florida-pennsylvania-after-debate-425843
    Hence the current drama.

The more I take a look at PA 2016 polling, the more I think Nate is out of his mind calling it 80%.

Take a close look at PA 2016 on RCP from Sept thru the first few days of Oct. Clinton was dominating, even more than Biden is now. She held solid leads thru most of Oct, then the last week or two, there were about five or so polls that had Clinton only up by 2. It tightened in a heartbeat.
    The voice of reassurance. Yea, because both sides are the same and 2016 is the same as now. You’re pushing hard for the re-election of a certain outcome.

How are you voting?

I watched 2016 carefully and saw the outcome, and saw how everybody got played. Trumps passionate following among NCWs is very concerning, at least to me.

Granted it’s a stretch he faked covid or got it on purpose to change the dynamic of the election, but one has to wonder on Thursday if trumps internal polling showed the same as NBC/WSJ just released poll:

” President Trump is drawing his weakest voter support of the year in his re-election race following Tuesday’s contentious debate with former Vice President Joe Biden, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds.

Mr. Biden, the Democratic nominee, leads the president, 53% to 39%, among registered voters in the new poll, which was conducted in the two days following the debate but before news emerged that Mr. Trump had tested positive for Covid-19. Mr. Biden’s 14-point lead compares with an 8-point advantage last month and 11 points in July, which was his largest of the campaign at that time.

The survey finds something rare in Journal/NBC News polling: evidence that an individual news event—the debate—is having a material effect on Mr. Trump’s political standing, at least for now. Significant events in the past, such as Mr. Trump’s impeachment by the House and acquittal by the Senate, had only hardened views of the president, not shifted them.”

Had his internal polling showed this, I’d put nothing past that man to change the election dynamic 

Agreed.  And I don’t think they would have good polling by Wed to put this diabolical and stupid plan in place, including convincing Christie to admit himself in the hospital.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Hence the current drama.

How are you voting?

Biden already pulled negative ads. Biden now has a ton of new rules he needs to follow against attacking a sick president.

No one is talking about that debate now. Trumps followers will have massive celebrations on the street and on TV on or about Oct20 when trump recovers. If there is a debate, as there likely will be, trump will be seen as sympathetic and Biden will need to be very respectful. Trump  has put the spotlight completely in himself and dictated 100% the dynamic of the campaign. All of this is 100% trump.

Consider meadows said they were alarmed at his low oxygen levels. Why did his doctor say the exact opposite? Doesn’t this get trump attention, sympathy and support? The street outside the hospital could be a huge trump rally within the next few days. I do not know for sure but I am smelling a rat here.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

“The Oct. 2-3 national opinion poll gave little indication of an outpouring of support for the president beyond Trump’s core group of followers, some of whom have gathered outside Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where the president has been hospitalized.

Trump has repeatedly dismissed the severity of the pandemic as something that would disappear on its own, chiding Biden as recently as last week for wearing a protective mask, even as the coronavirus infected millions of people and forced businesses and schools to close.

Among those adults who are expected to cast ballots in the Nov. 3 election, the poll found that 51% were backing Biden, while 41% said they were voting for Trump. Another 4% were choosing a third-party candidate and another 4% said they were undecided.

Biden’s 10-point edge over Trump is 1 to 2 points higher than leads Biden posted over the past several weeks, though the increase is still within the poll’s precision limits of plus or minus 5 percentage points.”

That’s a new IPSOS poll current to trumps infection news that counters my conspiracy theories :)

At the very least covid gives trump a solid excuse for losing and a Hail Mary to change the dynamic, it’s the ultimate October surprise 

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Hence the current drama.

How are you voting?

Biden already pulled negative ads. Biden now has a ton of new rules he needs to follow against attacking a sick president.

No one is talking about that debate now. Trumps followers will have massive celebrations on the street and on TV on or about Oct20 when trump recovers. If there is a debate, as there likely will be, trump will be seen as sympathetic and Biden will need to be very respectful. Trump  has put the spotlight completely in himself and dictated 100% the dynamic of the campaign. All of this is 100% trump.

Consider meadows said they were alarmed at his low oxygen levels. Why did his doctor say the exact opposite? Doesn’t this get trump attention, sympathy and support? The street outside the hospital could be a huge trump rally within the next few days. I do not know for sure but I am smelling a rat here.
    We wouldn't be talking about the debate anyways. We would be on to the next scandal, they only last about a day in this climate anyways.

Do I think they are lying and spinning about what's happening around his health and covid diagnosis?Absolutely. They are trying to salvage a terrible situation politically. But they didn't concoct him being positive. That makes zero sense.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Hence the current drama.

How are you voting?

We wouldn't be talking about the debate anyways. We would be on to the next scandal, they only last about a day in this climate anyways.

Do I think they are lying and spinning about what's happening around his health and covid diagnosis?Absolutely. They are trying to salvage a terrible situation politically. But they didn't concoct him being positive. That makes zero sense.
    The lies are flowing the other way.  And Meadows spent yesterday stepping on his dick, as usual.  Politico has an interesting piece on what a shithead Meadows is, and how these lies are his specialty.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,954

Higher than I expected 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,954
    Conspiracy theories or just obvious staged photos?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,018
    It was just a stupid photo op.  If it is a charade we will know for sure very soon.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Lol "work"

We know damn well he would have been at some rally
  • Options
    static111 said:

Trump had 2 episodes of "transient drops in his oxygen saturation," his physician says

And "there are frequent ups and downs," 

So last night he was regaining strength and 12 hours later,  this?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,186
    he is signing blank pieces of paper. probably autographs for the staff. hard work for sure.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    I wonder when PA moves out of the tippling point category. The model now give Joe his best chance of winning here all year now (82%). 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Lol "work"

We know damn well he would have been at some rally
    I'm assuming those stacks of papers were blank....or McDonalds menus or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wisconsin would have to slide a bit toward tRUmp in order for PA to move down.  Or if Biden gained a bit more spread in PA

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Higher than I expected 
    Me too, however I anticipated this to be the primary storyline, as opposed to "Trump beat Covid in just three days!" like his supporters probably thought. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I wonder when PA moves out of the tippling point category. The model now give Joe his best chance of winning here all year now (82%). 
    I read an article about  Pennsylvania being so crooked  the electors could go to trump even if he doesn’t win.   

“ In Pennsylvania, three Republican leaders told me they had already discussed the direct appointment of electors among themselves, and one said he had discussed it with Trump’s national campaign.

“I’ve mentioned it to them, and I hope they’re thinking about it too,” Lawrence Tabas, the Pennsylvania Republican Party’s chairman, told me. “I just don’t think this is the right time for me to be discussing those strategies and approaches, but [direct appointment of electors] is one of the options. It is one of the available legal options set forth in the Constitution.” He added that everyone’s preference is to get a swift and accurate count. “If the process, though, is flawed, and has significant flaws, our public may lose faith and confidence” in the election’s integrity.

Jake Corman, the state’s Senate majority leader, preferred to change the subject, emphasizing that he hoped a clean vote count would produce a final tally on Election Night. “The longer it goes on, the more opinions and the more theories and the more conspiracies [are] created,” he told me. If controversy persists as the safe-harbor date nears, he allowed, the legislature will have no choice but to appoint electors. “We don’t want to go down that road, but we understand where the law takes us, and we’ll follow the law.””

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    I read an article about  Pennsylvania being so crooked  the electors could go to trump even if he doesn’t win.   

“ In Pennsylvania, three Republican leaders told me they had already discussed the direct appointment of electors among themselves, and one said he had discussed it with Trump’s national campaign.

“I’ve mentioned it to them, and I hope they’re thinking about it too,” Lawrence Tabas, the Pennsylvania Republican Party’s chairman, told me. “I just don’t think this is the right time for me to be discussing those strategies and approaches, but [direct appointment of electors] is one of the options. It is one of the available legal options set forth in the Constitution.” He added that everyone’s preference is to get a swift and accurate count. “If the process, though, is flawed, and has significant flaws, our public may lose faith and confidence” in the election’s integrity.

Jake Corman, the state’s Senate majority leader, preferred to change the subject, emphasizing that he hoped a clean vote count would produce a final tally on Election Night. “The longer it goes on, the more opinions and the more theories and the more conspiracies [are] created,” he told me. If controversy persists as the safe-harbor date nears, he allowed, the legislature will have no choice but to appoint electors. “We don’t want to go down that road, but we understand where the law takes us, and we’ll follow the law.””

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

Yeah shenanigans could def happen if it's decided by less than 1% or something. But tough to do when he loses by like 4%. Fingers crossed!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:

Yeah shenanigans could def happen if it's decided by less than 1% or something. But tough to do when he loses by like 4%. Fingers crossed!

Constitution says state legislatures send list of electors, while the PA law states the secretary of commonwealth and governor certify election results. There could be 2 separate lists of PA electors.

But guess who sets the rules to count electoral votes. Hint: Begins with an N and ends with an i. 
  • Options

Poll: Biden leads grow in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin

Biden holds a 5 percentage point lead in Pennsylvania and a 6 percentage point lead in Wisconsin over President Trump less than a month before the election, according to Reuters-Ipsos polls conducted in both states. 

The former vice president earned 50 percent of the support in both Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, while Trump received 45 percent and 44 percent, respectively. Biden’s leads in both states remain within the polls’ 5 percentage point margins of error.

In mid-September, 49 percent of Pennsylvania respondents sided with Biden, while 46 percent went with Trump. In Wisconsin, 48 percent of respondents said they would vote for the former vice president, compared with 43 percent who said they would vote for the president. Biden’s mid-September leads also fell within the polls’ 5 percentage point margins of error

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/519735-poll-biden-leads-grow-in-pennsylvania-wisconsin
  • Options
    Looks like Oh is back to Trump for now but Biden doesn't need it 

• Options
    Its morning in America.

polling I haven’t seen since the days of Reagan/ Mondale

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/cnn-poll-biden-trump-2020-election/index.html

wow.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    static111 said:

I mean, it's a worse look if he loses by a bigger margin, but they could do this if he loses by 99%. It's the "genius" of the electoral college.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,186
    do not believe the polls. the polls do not count the votes. VOTE!!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    do not believe the polls. the polls do not count the votes. VOTE!!!!

Yep...assume it's tied everywhere, particularly your own state. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,292
    Its morning in America.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/cnn-poll-biden-trump-2020-election/index.html

wow.
    The problem is that those for Trump think that the last election proved polling is wrong and that smart people don't know shit, so now we need the correction to hit hard and sink these idiots back into reality.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Its morning in America.

wow.
    The problem is that those for Trump think that the last election proved polling is wrong and that smart people don't know shit, so now we need the correction to hit hard and sink these idiots back into reality.
    There is no reality other than an alternative reality for these deplorables.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options