Options

Riots/Looting/Violence and general post-George Floyd madness

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    JW269453 said:
    Politics is not about leading, it is about pandering. Take our likely future leader, he held his breath for 3 months about what was going on in areas around the country and just came out saying something about it. Why? Because it was a strategic move that was seen to benefit him due to recent polling data. I don't trust either side and expecting anyone to bridge the gap between the overly political in this country is nothing more than a pipe dream. From an outsiders prospective, blaming the other side is all I ever see.
    I think you are 100% right.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,848
    JW269453 said:
    Politics is not about leading, it is about pandering. Take our likely future leader, he held his breath for 3 months about what was going on in areas around the country and just came out saying something about it. Why? Because it was a strategic move that was seen to benefit him due to recent polling data. I don't trust either side and expecting anyone to bridge the gap between the overly political in this country is nothing more than a pipe dream. From an outsiders prospective, blaming the other side is all I ever see.
    This is something I can’t shake. That Don Lemon clip, calling for the violence to stop because it’s showing up in the polls? That shows everything wrong with politics. And I’m not just saying that about the left. The right does the same thing. Very scary.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    hedonist said:
    There was a pro-Trump rally here yesterday (they were in cars) and someone shot at them.

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that a bullet says shit. “I’ll just shoot someone to make my point. That’ll learn ‘em!” - no matter who pulls the trigger. 

People ALL OVER need to grow the fuck up. Progression through regression doesn’t seem to be working. 
    It’s not really surprising when you have leaders of the groups promoting and encouraging the violence.
    Leadership starts at the top. Let's vote for someone who can lead and quit blaming one side for everything.
    Any recommendations?  I haven’t seen any politicians that are innocent in that spectrum.
    The buck stops with who? 
    So Obama was to blame for the violence during his presidency?  I’m assuming that you are saying that the social unrest is fully caused by the president?  Will all of this violence stop once Biden is elected?  
    Of course not...and Obama either didn't blame anyone or he did something about it.  It isn't that social unrest is "caused" by tRump it is that he doesn't do anything to help prevent it.  And he blames democrat governors and mayors.....how stupid is that?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,749
    Here's a screencap from the Instagram of the guy that shot the Trump supporter...where he says he's "100 % Antifa"

And apparently, early on July 5th, he was cited on allegations of possessing a loaded gun in a public place, resisting arrest and interfering with police. "He was given a date to appear in court later that month, but the allegations were dropped on July 30 with a “no complaint,” according to court records. The documents don’t indicate why prosecutors decided not to pursue the accusations. Reinoehl spent no time behind bars."

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/08/man-under-investigation-in-fatal-shooting-after-pro-trump-rally-allegedly-took-loaded-gun-to-earlier-portland-protest.html?utm_campaign=oregonian_sf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,776
    Image may contain 1 person text that says Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love MARTIN LUTHER KING JR
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Here's a screencap from the Instagram of the guy that shot the Trump supporter...where he says he's "100 % Antifa"

And apparently, early on July 5th, he was cited on allegations of possessing a loaded gun in a public place, resisting arrest and interfering with police. "He was given a date to appear in court later that month, but the allegations were dropped on July 30 with a “no complaint,” according to court records. The documents don’t indicate why prosecutors decided not to pursue the accusations. Reinoehl spent no time behind bars."

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/08/man-under-investigation-in-fatal-shooting-after-pro-trump-rally-allegedly-took-loaded-gun-to-earlier-portland-protest.html?utm_campaign=oregonian_sf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
    “He fits the profile” 

“Reinoehl has stolen their mother’s seizure medication and owes a lot of debt, often giving his relatives’ addresses as his own to avoid responsibility, she said

what a deplorable quality human being...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Image may contain 1 person text that says Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love MARTIN LUTHER KING JR
    Amen to this!  I am on on Martin Luther King Jr’s side.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    It's terrible that people are going out with the intention of killing people.  Sad state of affairs for protesters and anti-protesters....which all to often in the evening become looters/vandals and vigilantes...both criminals. 

And now that 1 antifa idiot has just given credibility in the minds of many to what Trump has been saying.

Lack of leadership.  And the crazy thing is, somehow trump can do nothing but incite crap and then still convince people that they need him to fix the problem he started....when has he ever done that?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,264
    JW269453 said:
    You're right, politics in general isn't about leading, but being the president, CEO, manager or any other "leadership" position is all about leading. That is pretty much the one goddamned thing a president needs to do, especially in times of crisis. Maybe I have selective amnesia, but I can't think of any other president who pandered to their base the way this idiot has done during national emergencies. Obama, Bush, Clinton; none of them blamed red or blue solely for the problem. Sure, maybe their words didn't always result in long term change because a president alone can't snap their fingers and eliminate a problem, but their response mattered, and so does this shitbag's, only it's the worst and most pathetic response out of the numerous opportunities to lead he's been given.

I'm really tired of people trying to make this about both sides. You've been manipulated in to being a passive mouthpiece that continues the status quo. No candidate is good enough, so why vote? That candidate said this, this one did that, so I can't vote for them. Well, unfortunately one side is going to get the person they want in the oval office. You can either play a part in that or sew your lips shut for the next 4 years because you choose not to participate. I definitely will not agree with everything Biden does or says, but I damn sure guarantee he will not try to build the divide between conservatives and liberals. That is the only product the current president is good at promoting. It's sickening.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Amen to this!  I am on on Martin Luther King Jr’s side.

Right on, PJP.  Me too!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    a leader's first goal should always be to inspire those he leads to be leaders themselves, good people who make good decisions. sure, he's also there to create and implement policy. but creating policy does nothing if you can't inspire your flock to follow that policy. 

trump doesn't inspire. he instigates. those that follow him don't know the difference. 

obama was that type of inspiring leader. was he the best president? i don't know. but i do know he was a great speaker and he literally inspired millions to be better people, better americans. fuck, he inspired this canadian to be a better person (and so does michelle). 

THAT is a leader. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Posted this in the Biden thread but I guess it could go here to. What's going on here?

http://www.antifa.com

If you don't trust my link, just type it into your browser yourself. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Posted this in the Biden thread but I guess it could go here to. What's going on here?

Strange indeed!  WTF?

• Options
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?
    My guess is that someone (who may not even be affiliated with the Biden campaign) bought that URL and set it up to redirect to Biden's website? Or...it could very much be someone affiliated with the campaign. Or it could even be an agitator trying to link Antifa to Biden. Who knows? But it's very strange. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,204
    tbergs said:
    JW269453 said:
    You're right, politics in general isn't about leading, but being the president, CEO, manager or any other "leadership" position is all about leading. That is pretty much the one goddamned thing a president needs to do, especially in times of crisis. Maybe I have selective amnesia, but I can't think of any other president who pandered to their base the way this idiot has done during national emergencies. Obama, Bush, Clinton; none of them blamed red or blue solely for the problem. Sure, maybe their words didn't always result in long term change because a president alone can't snap their fingers and eliminate a problem, but their response mattered, and so does this shitbag's, only it's the worst and most pathetic response out of the numerous opportunities to lead he's been given.

I'm really tired of people trying to make this about both sides. You've been manipulated in to being a passive mouthpiece that continues the status quo. No candidate is good enough, so why vote? That candidate said this, this one did that, so I can't vote for them. Well, unfortunately one side is going to get the person they want in the oval office. You can either play a part in that or sew your lips shut for the next 4 years because you choose not to participate. I definitely will not agree with everything Biden does or says, but I damn sure guarantee he will not try to build the divide between conservatives and liberals. That is the only product the current president is good at promoting. It's sickening.
    I realize that every person walking this earth is unique due to their upbringing, experiences and the workings of that mass between their ears and I would never discredit them based on filling out a ballot or choosing not to. Divide is what keeps the 2 parties relevant, do you really think this is something new? I've been told it was my fault trump was elected because I don't vote, I wonder if those same people think it was my fault obama was elected? Nope, it is just something those who didn't get their way use as an excuse on their very long lists. I can deal with whatever decision our sacred voters decide because I don't put myself above anyone else, maybe it is time the voters start learning how to deal with the end result as well. And yes that still applies to both sides. I would like to know who in this country is manipulating us non voters though, the only people trying to speak to us are those who want nothing more than our votes.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,688
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?
    My guess is that someone (who may not even be affiliated with the Biden campaign) bought that URL and set it up to redirect to Biden's website? Or...it could very much be someone affiliated with the campaign. Or it could even be an agitator trying to link Antifa to Biden. Who knows? But it's very strange. 
    Or maybe Putin on the ritz? Funny how the DNI will no longer do in person briefings of security threats to our elections to members of Congress. Why is that? Who made that decision? Who does that benefit more? Nothing to see here.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,030
    “Mostly Peaceful” protestors cheering that a Trump supporter was murdered.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/elijahschaffer/status/1300078899297161216?s=10
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?
    That is exactly what happened.

I can't  believe that people actually believe that Antifa is actually a thing.

All Antifa is is the boogeyman that the piece-of-shit-in-chief says is sleeping under your bed.

Antifa and MS-13 and SOCIALISTS OH MY!!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    “Mostly Peaceful” protestors cheering that a Trump supporter was murdered.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/elijahschaffer/status/1300078899297161216?s=10
    unfortunately this is where it's headed. with the right calling kyle whatshisname a hero for murdering those two people, and this. it's disgusting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2020
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

All Antifa is is the boogeyman that the piece-of-shit-in-chief says is sleeping under your bed.

lol, just a figment of Trump's imagination. 

It's a thing. It's just a hodgepodge of angry twenty-somethings with no rhyme, reason, organization, or leadership to it....but it's a thing. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

The murderer in Portland thought he was part of the non-existent “thing”, “antifa”.  Self proclaimed, not proclaimed by Trump or anyone on here.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

lol, just a figment of Trump's imagination. 

It's a thing. It's just a hodgepodge of angry twenty-somethings with no rhyme, reason, organization, or leadership to it....but it's a thing. 
    Exactly, lol
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

The murderer in Portland thought he was part of the non-existent “thing”, “antifa”.  Self proclaimed, not proclaimed by Trump or anyone on here.
    Must have been self defense.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

Didn’t see any video evidence to back that up, did you?  If so, please post it.
    I did see this though:
    “Reinoehl has stolen their mother’s seizure medication and owes a lot of debt, often giving his relatives’ addresses as his own to avoid responsibility, she said”
    -from his own sister...that speaks volumes 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

I did see this though:
    “Reinoehl has stolen their mother’s seizure medication and owes a lot of debt, often giving his relatives’ addresses as his own to avoid responsibility, she said”
    Whoosh!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

I did see this though:
    Whoosh!!!
    Trust me, I know what you are trying to non-cleverly and passive aggressively insinuate...
    whoosh is right
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,030
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

You don't think Antifa and MS13 are real?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Anyone and everyone afraid of Antifa and MS-13 and SOCIALISTS have fallen into the trap of fear set by the lying racist xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief.

Was the alleged assailant a member of "Antifa"? Maybe. But first somebody has to prove there is an actual "Antifa" group that orchestrated this murder.

People need to get a grip and realize that as soon as you express worry or fear about any of these groups then the lying racist xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief has won and you have lost.

Just a reminder that the so-called president
    DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Strange indeed!  WTF?

You don't think Antifa and MS13 are real?
    The point is on the list of things that are a threat to you and your loved ones there are probably at least a 1000 things more dangerous.

But here you and others are fretting in your boots seriously concerned, chasing the little glowing dot that Trump wants you to chase. Meanwhile he's compromising your democracy, grifting the country of billions and that isn't even on your radar.

You're being duped. Willingly at this point, because there is no other excuse.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    antifa exists, whether you think so or not. are they an "official" organization? no, but neither are the white racists that carry confederate flags. they're just a bunch of racists that call themselves that. do they exist and share a similar ideology? yes. 

i don't know that anyone has said they are afraid of antifa. just that people who call themselves antifa are sometimes not representing the cause very well. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.