Options

Riots/Looting/Violence and general post-George Floyd madness

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,966
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Now there’s video of someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at the shooter before he shot. I’m starting to really not feel bad for anyone. I feel nobody out at that point has any good intentions, including the shooter and victims. 
    Exactly why you detain him, get a statement, review all footage, then press charges. They're doing this kind of backwards. It doesn't sound like they asked for his side at all as all the reports say they arrested him at his house. They have 48 hours to press charges, really no reason they had to do it so quickly with so much still out there.
    Every piece of evidence that surfaces now is just 1 more thing his lawyers are going to use to show this was a rush to judgement for publicity and not about justice.
    Guilty until proven innocent.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Fledgling militia group put out call to arms in Kenosha and 5,000 people responded. Now it's banned from Facebook after fatal shootings during protests 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fledgling-militia-group-put-out-call-to-arms-in-kenosha-and-5-000-people-responded-now-it-s-banned-from-facebook-after-fatal-shootings-during-protests/ar-BB18rQRE?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

CHICAGO — After two straight nights of violent unrest, Kevin Mathewson posted a call to arms on the Facebook page of his fledgling militia group Kenosha Guard.

Formed in the days after George Floyd was killed by police in Minneapolis, the page boasted only 87 likes. But Mathewson, a former alderman, got a wide response with his Tuesday post asking for “patriots willing to take up arms and defend (Kenosha, Wisconsin) from the evil thugs.”

Within about four hours, some 1,000 people responded they were “going” to the Kenosha event. Another 4,000 said they were “interested.”

Later in the day, Mathewson, an assault-style rifle visibly strapped around his chest, posted a 15-second clip of civilians gathered near the courthouse. That night, police say a civilian with an assault-style weapon shot and killed two men and wounded another as armed vigilantes patrolled the streets during yet another violent night of protests following the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

Police have released no details of the shootings, and there’s no evidence that a 17-year-old suspect taken into custody was led to Kenosha by the Facebook post. Mathewson said he does not know the suspect, Kyle Rittenhouse of Antioch, Illinois, and knows of no communication with his group.

But city and law enforcement officials have blamed the armed vigilantes who showed up Tuesday night for worsening tensions and sparking unnecessary confrontations. Mathewson says he was only trying to protect his city.

“In my view, when the government can’t protect us, that’s when we rely on the Second Amendment, which is in place just for these circumstances,” he said Thursday. “Our city was under siege, we were under attack and the government could not ensure our safety.”

That’s not how Facebook sees it. The social media giant has taken down the Kenosha Guard’s page for violating its “dangerous organizations policy.” Rittenhouse, who is facing murder charges in connection with the Tuesday night shootings, had his Facebook and Instagram accounts taken down and the company will temporarily prohibit anyone from starting a new account in his name.

Brian Fishman, who oversees Facebook’s dangerous organizations department, also posted a thread to Twitter about the situation, saying: “None of the shooter’s accounts were reported by users prior to the shooting.”

Mathewson’s personal account was also removed without notice and he was effectively banned from Facebook for life in connection with the policy, which prohibits organizations or individuals that declare a violent mission or are engaged in violence.

“He will not have been warned and (we) will not allow people who are banned under our dangerous orgs policy to have a profile,” a spokeswoman for Facebook said in an email.

Facebook also looked into any obvious links between Mathewson’s post and the arrival of Rittenhouse in Kenosha.

“At this time, we have not found evidence on Facebook that suggests the (suspect) followed the Kenosha Guard page or that he was invited on the Event Page they organized,” the Facebook spokeswoman said. “However, the Kenosha Guard Page and their Event Page violated our new policy addressing militia organizations and have been removed on that basis.”

The policy was announced Aug. 19 and comes after a summer of vigilante clashes during protests following Floyd’s killing at the end of May.

“We’ve had too many tragedies like those in Kenosha. Companies like Facebook owe it to everyone to closely examine the influence of online content on such violence — and to take action to stop it,” Fishman wrote.

Militia-style groups patrolled the streets of Minneapolis in the weeks after Floyd died. In Albuquerque, a person was shot and seriously wounded in June during a clash between protesters and a group called the New Mexico Civil Guard.

After the shootings in Kenosha, hundreds of people made clear they would like to see Mathewson face a much harsher punishment than losing his Facebook page. A petition circulating online demanding that Mathewson be charged as an accessory to murder had 1,650 signatures as of 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

Mathewson, a private investigator, said he has also been the target of death threats.

In an interview Thursday, Mathewson said he wouldn’t go so far as saying he regretted that so many people came from outside his community to guard it, saying it wasn’t his intention for the response to grow so large.

He said the posting was written up by the alt-right website Infowars run by Alex Jones, known for his conspiracy theories. Mathewson, in turn, said he promoted the Infowars article on the Kenosha Guard page, as a way to note the “event” was getting national media attention.

Soon, he started getting hundreds of messages of support from all over the world, as far away as Australia and New Zealand.

On Thursday, Mathewson said promoting the Infowars article was a mistake. “It certainly wasn’t my intention to attract people from outside the community, let alone the state,” he said.

He also acknowledged that the Infowars site is “not very credible.”

Mathewson said he made the post an “event” on Facebook but he hadn’t planned logistics for something so large. He said he didn’t have walkie-talkies or issue assignments or coordinate the turnout, other than suggesting people “go to the courthouse.”

Before returning to his neighborhood, where he spent much of the night posted at a subdivision entrance with a small group, Mathewson himself was there, standing with other openly armed men in a park as curfew neared. At the time, Mathewson told a reporter he was there to “lend support to the good guys.”

Kenosha Police Chief Dan Miskinis appeared to agree, saying Mathewson and the others were out to protect property and “exercise their constitutional right.”

Kenosha Mayor John Antaramian disagreed, saying such groups only make the situation worse. “No, I don’t need more guns on the street in the community,” he said at a news conference the day after the shootings.

But Mathewson responded that the mayor had failed to protect the city. “If I was an officer getting Molotov cocktails and rocks thrown at me, I would be scared out of my mind,” he said. “For them to say, ‘We can handle it,’ is disingenuous and reckless. It’s putting politics ahead of safety and common sense, in my opinion.

“Here in Kenosha, I can smell burning rubber and I can see the building in front of me, the probation and parole building in a big pile of ash and debris,” he continued. “We’re at war, we’re being invaded.”

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    nicknyr15 said:
    Now there’s video of someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at the shooter before he shot. I’m starting to really not feel bad for anyone. I feel nobody out at that point has any good intentions, including the shooter and victims. All the videos are very disturbing. It looks like a war torn third world country , an absolute free for all where everyone is in way over their heads. This isn’t Call of Duty, you don’t respawn.... 
    This Post is saying that is a Molotov Cocktail.

In this video he throws something at him:

https://youtu.be/rdMTghlrFiw

Will this little shit get off?

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,513
    How is it legal for a teenager to be yielding an AR-15 in public?  Really anyone who isn't law enforcement or military?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    How is it legal for a teenager to be yielding an AR-15 in public?  Really anyone who isn't law enforcement or military?
    It s not legal.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    mcgruff10 said:
    It s not legal.  

It might have been in a year...though not sure about the state or the "crossing state lines" issue.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,800
    edited August 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    Now there’s video of someone throwing a Molotov cocktail at the shooter before he shot. I’m starting to really not feel bad for anyone. I feel nobody out at that point has any good intentions, including the shooter and victims. All the videos are very disturbing. It looks like a war torn third world country , an absolute free for all where everyone is in way over their heads. This isn’t Call of Duty, you don’t respawn.... 

I totally get the anger people have toward unwarranted shooting of African Americans, people of color in general, and protesters, but I have to agree, a lot of what we are seeing now is random, disorganized chaos.  There are those here who support those actions but few if any have been in the midst of the melee.  I saw some of that many years ago and it's not for the faint of heart.  It's brutal, it's ugly, it scars your memories, and it's dangerous.  It's easy to sit at one's desk and type about it like I am right now.  It's another thing to witness and/or  be a part of it.  No thanks. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,965
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It s not legal.  

It might have been in a year...though not sure about the state or the "crossing state lines" issue.
    Pretty sure the gun was his friends who lived in the state. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    He likely will face those charges as an adult. I'm not sure how the system works out there, but here in Pennsylvania, the juvenile probation office would request a "Certification Hearing" to "certify him" up to adult court. The JPO office would argue why they think he should be certified, and his defense attorney would argue against it. It'd be a pretty easy case to certify given not only his age, but the nature of the offense, and fact that he drove some distance to get there. The defense attorney will make some sort of mental health argument and request an evaluation. It won't help his case though. He very much knew what he was doing. 

Edit: Well this is all moot considering Mace's post above stating "Under Wisconsin law, anyone 17 or older is treated as an adult in the criminal justice system."
    I’m thinking that the weapons charges will stick.  The 1st degree intentional homicide, I’m not sure.
    Yeah the weapons chargres definitley. I'm not sure about 1st degree homicide either. 
    I'm pretty cynical any murder charge will stick to this kid as well.  
    Well the argument that I've been making suggesting he will be convicted is that he broke several serious gun laws. So if you're breaking gun laws, and you end up shooting and killing someone, maybe that can be murder because you shouldn't have had the gun to begin with.

The argument his defense attorney will certainly make is that in both shootings, at least by the videos I've seen, the person he shot was aggressively charging at him. Let's be real, that's probably exactly what he wanted. And he might have even verbally provoked an attack in hopes he'd have a reason to shoot. But that's unclear at this point. 
    At what point is a person allowed to fear for their life and be aggressive toward a vigilante with an AR or other long rifle? Especially someone that fits a profile of a white domestic terrorist school shooter type?
    I would suggest refraining from being aggressive towards anyone merely based off of how they look and the color of their skin ;)
    If he was out there shooting at random people trying to shoot as many as possible, then I would commend his aggressors.  But that’s not what was happening from the videos I saw...And where were all of those other gunshots coming from?  Has anyone verified the source of the rest of the gunfire out there?  

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    He likely will face those charges as an adult. I'm not sure how the system works out there, but here in Pennsylvania, the juvenile probation office would request a "Certification Hearing" to "certify him" up to adult court. The JPO office would argue why they think he should be certified, and his defense attorney would argue against it. It'd be a pretty easy case to certify given not only his age, but the nature of the offense, and fact that he drove some distance to get there. The defense attorney will make some sort of mental health argument and request an evaluation. It won't help his case though. He very much knew what he was doing. 

Edit: Well this is all moot considering Mace's post above stating "Under Wisconsin law, anyone 17 or older is treated as an adult in the criminal justice system."
    I’m thinking that the weapons charges will stick.  The 1st degree intentional homicide, I’m not sure.
    Yeah the weapons chargres definitley. I'm not sure about 1st degree homicide either. 
    Well the argument that I've been making suggesting he will be convicted is that he broke several serious gun laws. So if you're breaking gun laws, and you end up shooting and killing someone, maybe that can be murder because you shouldn't have had the gun to begin with.

The argument his defense attorney will certainly make is that in both shootings, at least by the videos I've seen, the person he shot was aggressively charging at him. Let's be real, that's probably exactly what he wanted. And he might have even verbally provoked an attack in hopes he'd have a reason to shoot. But that's unclear at this point. 
    At what point is a person allowed to fear for their life and be aggressive toward a vigilante with an AR or other long rifle? Especially someone that fits a profile of a white domestic terrorist school shooter type?
    I would suggest refraining from being aggressive towards anyone merely based off of how they look and the color of their skin ;)
    If he was out there shooting at random people trying to shoot as many as possible, then I would commend his aggressors.  But that’s not what was happening from the videos I saw...And where were all of those other gunshots coming from?  Has anyone verified the source of the rest of the gunfire out there?  

fucking incels.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2020
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yep, you’re right, it’s obviously the rectangle glasses.  Case closed...
    You left out a few though...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Crocs with socks?! Good lord. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,719
    hedonist said:
    Crocs with socks?! Good lord. 
    Fashion with Wobby?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,719
    Can we just give Tejas to Mexico in exchange for them building the wall?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/protests-violence/2020/08/27/3f232e66-e578-11ea-970a-64c73a1c2392_story.html

”Peaceful protests.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/protests-violence/2020/08/27/3f232e66-e578-11ea-970a-64c73a1c2392_story.html

”Peaceful protests.”
    Everyday I feel more and more like we need another civil war and this time the winning side needs to be ruthless in establishing dominance 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,513
    edited August 2020

Systemic:

In 2018, Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth lashed out at what he called "garbage people," after five people of color were arrested for allegedly stealing about $5,000 worth of merchandise.

"We need to build warehouses to put these people into it and lock them away for the rest of their lives," Beth said. "Let's stop them from truly, at least some of these males, from going out and getting 10 other women pregnant and having small children."

Kenosha Shootings Expose Racial And Economic Divide : Live Updates: Protests For Racial Justice  - https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/08/28/907020399/shootings-expose-racial-and-economic-divide-in-kenosha

Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    Everyday I feel more and more like we need another civil war and this time the winning side needs to be ruthless in establishing dominance 
    Wow. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,883
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    Cmon. Let’s not get crazy 
  • Options
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    We have talked about this before, you can’t drink a bottle of Chardonnay and post.  
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    because being dominant in that situation will go so far to encourage reunification of a fractured country.

would not have worked in 1865. sure as fuck would not work today.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,800
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”

Ummm, no thanks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”

Ummm, no thanks.
    Yeah. I’m more for way higher voter turnout so these jag-offs go back under their rocks. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    We have talked about this before, you can’t drink a bottle of Chardonnay and post.  
    Pre drinks.  Lol. Seriously. We aren’t gonna legislate these assholes away with our twisted ideas of the 1st and 2nd amendments.   Half the shot that is a problem now is because the Union did not crush the south hard enough.  It’s sad that Sherman wasn’t brutal enough. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”

Ummm, no thanks.
    Yeah. I’m more for way higher voter turnout so these jag-offs go back under their rocks. 
    Voter turnout stops Trump.  Not the larger issues of racism  and property over people.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    These assholes aren’t gonna stop just because Biden/Harris wins.  If anything they are going to Make America Great Again Again on their own
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    These individuals think that the Democrat party and their supporters are evil as they are the ones sliding into facism.  Do you really think a presidential election with high voter turnout stops them?  Also what happens if Trump actually legit wins again, we sit here for 4 more years and do nothing?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    Pre drinks.  Lol. Seriously. We aren’t gonna legislate these assholes away with our twisted ideas of the 1st and 2nd amendments.   Half the shot that is a problem now is because the Union did not crush the south hard enough.  It’s sad that Sherman wasn’t brutal enough. 
    War is hell.    How could Sherman be any more brutal? Scorched earth is pretty much the worst you can do.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”
    War is hell.    How could Sherman be any more brutal? Scorched earth is pretty much the worst you can do.  
    They let wealthy southern elites have a seat at the table before Blacks.  I realize it was a different time but look what is going on still today because of compliance. I mean the fact that people care more about statues of losers that didn’t want to be glorified than they do about the lives of descendants of slave says a lot.  If Joe is elected he is going to have to do some major moves because if this shit with the cops keeps happening it’s going to continue to get worse
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    @mcgruff10 I am only two beers in at this point 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

”Peaceful protests.”

Ummm, no thanks.
    Voter turnout stops Trump.  Not the larger issues of racism  and property over people.
    That’s the long haul. Preserving a liberal democracy with a diverse population is going to take 20-30 years of work. 
This discussion has been closed.