Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 671
    29c forecast for Saturday 😭 why!? We haven't had anything near that warm so far this year.  Midday start, I'll be begging for the cover of darkness 😂
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Oh man.  Hope it is not also humid?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Oh man.  Hope it is not also humid?
    Around 60%

The positive is, the hottest part of the whole 24 hrs will be the first 6 hours or so while I'm at my freshest... I'll just need to manage it for that first chunk then the evening/night/following morning should be more comfortable 
  • Options
    Hi guys.. 90mins until the start . It is waaarm.

I think the below link will give you lap updates, 5 miles per lap. Andrew Bennett number 2806

https://results.resultsbase.net/results.aspx?CId=8&RId=20311&EId=1&dt=0&adv=0&fbclid=IwAR3h-8GlEidtAzfKTUYv9TfsRU5yvPyVS6DMQm_zM72YMAY7jyUG42rgcXk
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Good running and have some fun with it@
  • Options
    Good running and have some fun with it@
    I won't lie.... I am nervous
  • Options
    Just like every other thing you do in life....one step at a time.
    You got this.
  • Options
    Also....this nervousness also counts as part of the fun and the overall experience.  Feel it.  Relish it!
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,311
    Good luck! Nerves will settle pretty quickly. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys... 🤟
  • Options
    Looks like you are doing a great job of pacing yourself!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    beano.79 said:
    Hi guys.. 90mins until the start . It is waaarm.

I think the below link will give you lap updates, 5 miles per lap. Andrew Bennett number 2806

https://results.resultsbase.net/results.aspx?CId=8&RId=20311&EId=1&dt=0&adv=0&fbclid=IwAR3h-8GlEidtAzfKTUYv9TfsRU5yvPyVS6DMQm_zM72YMAY7jyUG42rgcXk
    Good luck and have a great time. We are rooting for you. 
  • Options
    Wow, a third of the way through your time and keeping a good pace.  Keep it going!
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 403
    Looking good! You're doing an amazing!
  • Options
    40 miles and still going - awesome, man.
  • Options
    Keep it going, you put in all of the work, you can do it!
  • Options
    Great job so far. This is incredible.
  • Options
    For the first time... I quit on a race....that was horrendous starting in that weather and led to me not enjoying a single minute of it. My ladies were incredible and every time I saw them it inspired me to get back out for another loop and see if I could find my legs. But after 45 miles I was sloooow and way down on where I wanted to be and couldn't/didn't want to carry on.

So 45 miles it is, technically not a failure as it's a 'see how far you can go' race, but it feels like one

Even my coros app is mocking my running performance! 😂
  • Options
    Almost twelve hours and 45 miles is great stuff
     Sorry that it was not enjoyable but the idea that you struggled from the jump and still went that far is absolutely incredible!
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 403
    I know you're disappointed, but still a lot to be proud of. I second everything F Me said. 45 miles is an incredible amount for anyone to run and in the weather you described, that you kept at it is impressive!
  • Options
    45 miles is incredible - especially since you were not enjoying it. You should be really proud of that. That is amazing endurance. I am extremely impressed as always by your runs. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys

Whilst I'm disappointed it didn't go to plan, I'm not disappointed I was able to make the tough decision to stop. It was definitely the best decision health-wise. My friend gave me some advice before the race .. don't die 😂 and I didn't 
  • Options
    Job #1
      Don't die!
  • Options
    Cross train today included 30 minutes of treading water.
    My Garmin was unimpressed.  Not as easy as one might think, at least for me.   There is not a preset measurement for this activity but I feel there should be.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Cross train today included 30 minutes of treading water.
    My Garmin was unimpressed.  Not as easy as one might think, at least for me.   There is not a preset measurement for this activity but I feel there should be.

Many years ago while training for Ironman I had severe ITB issues and had to stop running. I replaced running with running/treading in the deepend of the pool.
    Got to 2 hours. So damn boring. 
  • Options

• Options
    Looks hot out, there Beano!

BentleysPop, I set a goal to get to an hour of treading water in the deep end by summers end.  Will see if I can get there or beyond.  Could have gone longer but don't want to overdo on my back / shoulders / ribcage.  I am not a weight lifter so am trying to be methodical about it.  I do lots of push-ups per day at this point, so thus far I feel ok.
    I thought an hour seemed long....2 hours?  Damn.

My kid was jumping into the pool next to me and making waves on purpose.  Little bugger. 
  • Options
    Today was a nice running day. Since I have decreased my miles, I have been able to increase my speed. So, that's something.
  • Options
    Awesome.  What does that equal out to?

I had to cooldown for 10+ minutes this AM before I could shower.  I love that it was warm when I went out but that extra 10 mins is gonna increase to 15, at least, once it gets warmer.  I like that I am a furnace but sometimes it costs more time than I want it to.  
    Also, I'm fucked if I have to run long distances in high heat.  Don't know how our champion here ran 45 miles in that.  .totally impressive!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Awesome.  What does that equal out to?

I had to cooldown for 10+ minutes this AM before I could shower.  I love that it was warm when I went out but that extra 10 mins is gonna increase to 15, at least, once it gets warmer.  I like that I am a furnace but sometimes it costs more time than I want it to.  
    Also, I'm fucked if I have to run long distances in high heat.  Don't know how our champion here ran 45 miles in that.  .totally impressive!
    That towel over my head is a cooling towel... Get them wet, wring them out a little then snap them a few times... They do help quite a bit. They're not expensive and handy to have. I wouldn't go as far as saying they feel ice cold or anything but they do help regulate the body temp a little