Options

wonder when we will here about rescheduled tour dates 2021?

Comments

• Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    ry75guy said:
    Fingers crossed we can get serious about getting this under control like much of the rest of the world has. 
    And just like that, I see a news story about large outbreaks occurring even in countries praised for their COVID handling. This very well may be a long road.   

Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    The music industry isn't just guessing...  It's too much money to gamble with.  You are starting to see stuff pop up for 2021.  They probably know this all disappears after election day or that some form of treatment (they can't vaccinate this so I would guess its more of a flu shot thing) is imminent.   I would expect April to early May re-scheduled dates and an announcement near mid to late August or early September.
    I didn’t know the president was in the ten club. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,246
    Man the truth cuts some people deep on here.  They should write a song about it and release it when they announce the rescheduled spring tour. (you know because you should stay on topic)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    The whole world is on lockdown because of US politics?  Remember the US is the country whose government mostly doesn’t give a shit. 
  • Options
    PearlgardnPearlgardn Here, there, everywhere Posts: 14
    We are in big trouble here in California. Covid cases continue to increase despite the governor’s orders that everyone wear masks when in public places. Unfortunately, our Governor Newsom opened the state too early and people did not take the crisis seriously by not following strict guidelines. There are some blockheads here who won’t be told what to do, even if its for their own good, or under threat of being fined, and enforcement is not consistant. 
    Personally, my concern is that everyone stays safe and healthy. It seems that the virus has devastating effects on more than just older folks and those with underlying health conditions. That being said, Eddie, Mike, Matt, Jeff, Stone, your families, staff and crew please, please stay safe. Those of us who are still hanging on to our tickets can wait. We’ll be ready to rock when it is safe. 
    As far as waiting a year or more, we got tickets for Dave Matthews for September 2020 and within two days got notice of postponement to September 2021. Better late than never.
    "Tomorrow is not promised, make plans anyway." - Lin Manuel Miranda
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,240
    The whole world is on lockdown because of US politics?  Remember the US is the country whose government mostly doesn’t give a shit. 
    I like to think of it as fragmented.  The whole US political system was designed as a direct response to loathing the English Monarchy.   All the powers are divided.   President/Congress/Supreme Court.   Congress' powers are then divided through two different houses (House and Senate).   In addition many powers are divided between the federal government and the states.   Like Mr. Vedder said it's difficult to get 6 people to agree on a Pizza.    US government also has this problem due to the fragmented nature of it's setup.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,249
    JimmyV said:
    I'd bet they faced intense scrutiny from Cuomo after the Chainsmokers incident in the Hamptons last weekend.
    We are a very stupid race as a collective.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,350
    The music industry isn't just guessing...  It's too much money to gamble with.  You are starting to see stuff pop up for 2021.  They probably know this all disappears after election day or that some form of treatment (they can't vaccinate this so I would guess its more of a flu shot thing) is imminent.   I would expect April to early May re-scheduled dates and an announcement near mid to late August or early September.
    The flu shot is a vaccine.

Also, the virus is not aware of the Gregorian calendar, let alone the American political calendar.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Man the truth cuts some people deep on here.  They should write a song about it and release it when they announce the rescheduled spring tour. (you know because you should stay on topic)
    It will all go away... like a miracle. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    At this point I really wish they would just cancel. I honestly think the only reason they aren't is because of Ticketmaster. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,815
    Reads11 said:
    At this point I really wish they would just cancel. I honestly think the only reason they aren't is because of Ticketmaster. 
    What benefit does cancelling do for you? I am not saying you are wrong but imo everyone had the opportunity to get a refund and those that wanted to keep their tickets got to. If you could not afford to keep the tickets and had to get a refund due to financial reasons I feel for you but you will get plenty of shots down the road at the new dates I am guessing with public drops and F2F. Seems fair to me to make all parties happy. 
  • Options
    Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    PJNB said:
    Reads11 said:
    What benefit does cancelling do for you? I am not saying you are wrong but imo everyone had the opportunity to get a refund and those that wanted to keep their tickets got to. If you could not afford to keep the tickets and had to get a refund due to financial reasons I feel for you but you will get plenty of shots down the road at the new dates I am guessing with public drops and F2F. Seems fair to me to make all parties happy. 
    I don't need the money, but we also have to remember they gave us like a month to decide. This was very early on and most people had no clue how serious or how long it could last. I just think at this point it is holding money to something that may not happen for over a year and a half. I just think it should be an open refund timeframe at the very least. What if someone has a grand tied up in tickets and has something happen in the next year that needs the money? I just think its not very thoughtful to hold someone's money for and endless amount of time and only gave them 30 days to decide what to do 15 months ago. Plus if the rescheduled dates don't work then what was the point? Just a bad situation.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,815
    Reads11 said:
    PJNB said:
    Reads11 said:
    I don't need the money, but we also have to remember they gave us like a month to decide. This was very early on and most people had no clue how serious or how long it could last. I just think at this point it is holding money to something that may not happen for over a year and a half. I just think it should be an open refund timeframe at the very least. What if someone has a grand tied up in tickets and has something happen in the next year that needs the money? I just think its not very thoughtful to hold someone's money for and endless amount of time and only gave them 30 days to decide what to do 15 months ago. Plus if the rescheduled dates don't work then what was the point? Just a bad situation.
    I do not think there is a cut off time for 10C tickets. My email does not say one at least. For the public sale I am not sure but I thought that was a 60 day window. Maybe I am confusing it with the time they had to announce new dates before being forced to refund. Feels like ages ago now we went through all this. I agree 30 days is not a large window if that is what it was especially at the time we really did not know how long this was going to last and still don't. I am admittedly bias since I was able to score 5 GA's for the spring tour after putting countless hours into F2F. Saying that I really hope they try for spring next year as a hold and if that does not work which it likely will not then move it to the fall as they were going to do this year. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,247
    edited August 2020
    The refund window on public tix was 30 days.  I think most people assumed the shows would be no more than a year from the original date in deciding whether to refund.  That is looking more unlikely all the time and offering another refund window would be a nice gesture, but I don’t agree with cancelling the tour because so many people put so much time into getting tickets.  An option would be to allow open resale given the circumstances, or at least reopen fan to fan even with dates TBD.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    When you finish your homework?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Maybe live mass gathering performances will return by spring 2022. Nothing till then.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    I got refunded on all my shows, including MSG. Not a doubt in my mind they will have to redo the draw and eliminate GA if this tour ever even goes off.  This is looking like the end of the line for me anyway. Turned 45 this year, been to over 100 PJ shows, and I think combine my age, with the risk, I may just have to stop going entirely. This goes for sporting events too. I've been to every Jets home game for about 20 years, about 20 Yankee games a year. Baseball in its current state is unwatchable. I miss all of my hobbies, but gotta keep the family safe. I'm shocked they continue to indefinitely postpone GA shows in the US which have 0 shot of going off through 2021.
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    Not sure why peeps need to post to cancel tour when all have had and can get a refund depending on timing. Posted before and now again I can wait for the reschedule. Yes, I am low on money but knowing this will come' brings myself hope and hopefully other PJ fans. If you are in favor of canceling why not just get a refund? or is it maybe some people want to redo the lottery here! Umm imaging that. Just saying.... I'm sure I will get some heat for this but what ever! Not mad at ya, nothing but love for all my PJ fellow fans.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    I want to go to a safe show. Design one (seat in between each person) or SOMETHING, then draw tickets later when #s are down. Or none of us go. Thats why. Doing noting to the current show plan, means the US shows never happen in the current COVID climate.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,247
    Google covid vaccine.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    Still waiting on a refund from Ticketmaster Canada.....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 480
    Foo Fighters just cancelled their tour. https://uproxx.com/indie/foo-fighters-van-tour-canceled/
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603

Not a chance.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    If you want tours here sooner. VOTE. And not for the orange guy
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Google covid vaccine.
    We’ll see.   
  • Options
    Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 183
    Having a vaccine is one thing. Getting it out to the public is something entirely different. ... It's going to be a long, long time before big concerts happen here in the US again. When they do, expect to be asked to sign a waiver before entry, releasing the venue, band, city, state, god, whomever of any liability should you get sick. And they'll need those waivers because the virus isn't just going to go away magically one day. 
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    COVID is not going anywhere for a long time. We could get a vaccine tomorrow, doesn't mean people will take it.  There's parents out there who still refuse to vaccinate their children for easily preventable childhood diseases, and adults who refuse the yearly Flu vaccine.   
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    RobZ said:
    COVID is not going anywhere for a long time. We could get a vaccine tomorrow, doesn't mean people will take it.  There's parents out there who still refuse to vaccinate their children for easily preventable childhood diseases, and adults who refuse the yearly Flu vaccine.   
    True.  But as long as there is an effective vaccine I’m not overly concerned with what other people do.  I’ll be vaccinated. 

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Most of the tickets for the Pearl Jam tour of Canada/USA are sold.  They are not going to do a tour with 50% capacity in the venues.  The promoters won't make money that way.  Pearl Jam will do these shows when it is safe (for those willing to be vaccinated) to attend the shows.  I am like others with Ten Club tickets.  I'm willing to wait until Pearl Jam decides to play the shows.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com