Options

wonder when we will here about rescheduled tour dates 2021?

Comments

• Options
    I  think it'll be a while before the shows.   I have my 10C tickets for San Diego and LA shows still but that's a lot of money in flux  +  Ohana tickets. Thinking I'll just request a refund and take my chances when they reschedule.   Ideally, it'd be great if they just cancel and reschedule at later dates maybe with a priority for those who had tickets first - could they do that?   Honestly, I'd rather be safe than sorry.   And would gladly love to see a live jam session with them with donations to the Vitalogy Foundation.    
    taurustraci

seen them lots o'times... fav show was probably Verona '06 and Forum shows in LA ..
  • Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    I am also thinking of taking the refund for PHX or else placing them on the page where fan club members can purchase from me.  We were taking last night and were like.....we will be 57yo in 2022.  We have seen pretty much all the bands we have wanted during their prime.  Will we really want to go to the shows we have scheduled?  I really, at the moment, am not missing it.  Sure I would love to hit the occasional show and all.  But we tix to Foos, RATM, and PJ in flux and just think that it probably isn't worth it to us as things stand.  Giving it time to steep a little before really deciding.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,923
    edited June 2020
    I am also thinking of taking the refund for PHX or else placing them on the page where fan club members can purchase from me.  We were taking last night and were like.....we will be 57yo in 2022.  We have seen pretty much all the bands we have wanted during their prime.  Will we really want to go to the shows we have scheduled?  I really, at the moment, am not missing it.  Sure I would love to hit the occasional show and all.  But we tix to Foos, RATM, and PJ in flux and just think that it probably isn't worth it to us as things stand.  Giving it time to steep a little before really deciding.  
    Up to you but if it is not a money issue I would hold onto them until you knew 100% what you wanted to do. You will be able to sell them for sure when the time comes down the road when you know for sure. 
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887

Would you go to a gathering with thousands of people if there is no vaccine ?

Put a single slug in the chamber, spin it, put the barrel to your temple, pull the trigger.

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 836
    ryph raph said:

Put a single slug in the chamber, spin it, put the barrel to your temple, pull the trigger.

The drama is strong with this one.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,348
    ryph raph said:

There would need to be a risk mitigation technique.  Not necessarily a vaccine.  A combination of a treatment being available, a testing, tracing and isolating system, good numbers in the region, outdoor venue, masks or distancing, temperature checks, etc.  No one method alone provides full protection but a combination of methods could reduce the risk to an acceptable level.  

Even a vaccine, once available, will not be perfect.  Not everyone will get the vaccine, not everyone who gets it will respond perfectly to it, the effectiveness may wear out over time and people may need to get it again, etc.  

Life is going to be a series of risk/reward decisions for a while.  

There is is nothing wrong with someone deciding to stay home for the next 2-3 years and continue with normal things in 2022-23.  Others may decide two years is a lot of living to give up and that calculated risks are worth taking from time to time.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    So I bought my tickets direct from the venue for Vienna. They havent even emailed to say its postponed. I agree that the best course of action is not to announce new dates until a clear picture of what things are going to be like exists. I would like the bands management to come out and say this is whats happening.  I also think that as the events are no longer taking place on the original date we should all be entitled to get a refund by said date if we wish. As it is,unless the show I was booked for happens within a small window next year I cant jump on a plane and go and whether or not I can still afford to will also be questionable. But never mind all this... where's those physical fanclub 7s we are waiting for. Lol
  • Options
    PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    ryph raph said:

LMAO

Thank you for the morning laugh i needed it. 
  • Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    PJNB said:
    Up to you but if it is not a money issue I would hold onto them until you knew 100% what you wanted to do. You will be able to sell them for sure when the time comes down the road when you know for sure. 
    That is what we are doing for a bit.  I honestly just want to do weekend shows and if it is not still on a weekend I will throw them back.  Getting a little lazier as I would rather spin vinyl at home than fight the traffic most times.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    ski-bum said:
    As I noted in the thread about this memo, the memo seems to refer to festivals only, not regular tours.

Concluding paragraph;

We are fully aware of the significance of these changes, and we did not make these changes without serious consideration. We appreciate you – and all artists – understanding the need for us to make these changes in order to allow the festival business to continue not only for the artists and the producers, but also for the fans.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    kst said:
    who knows but CDC has approved large gatherings with face masks.  Let's get to it already.  The only reasonable reasoning for announcing nothing is they are holding out for 2020 end of year.  Otherwise they should follow the lead of others, cancel, and start over if they can't make an announcement soon.  
    I am not in favour of cancellations.  It was way too difficult to get tickets to lose them involuntarily.  North American shows were given the refund option for those who wanted.  The European shows should be given that too but they should not cancel outright.  Or if they do, 2020 ticket holders should be given first right of refusal on repurchasing their seats before any other on sales in 2021 or 2022.

I had not heard that CDC news.  Is there a link?
    Second that not in favor of cancellations and support those who want to cancel on there own. It makes it fair for everyone. For me, it was hard to get the money and win tickets like everyone and look forward to the new date of the show. Kind of the one thing that is positive nowadays with so much negativity and bad things happing. 
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    edited June 2020
    RobZ said:
    One thing is for certain, GA as we once knew it is history....
    That’s been my thought as well. So the question now is, can an arena provide seating for all those who have GA tickets at a given show? And if they can’t, how does the 10club handle that fiasco?  
    They could open a second date for those in GA, fill up the floor with seats, and use the rest of the stadium seats. My guess here would be either membership number or a lottery perhaps. I'm sure the band has better ideas, but this came to mind.
    Post edited by TEEJAM11 on
  • Options
    Someone posted in the Ohana thread that they were told to expect some news about Ohana 2021 this coming Monday.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Hopefully things improve enough that we can have the shows in some semblance of what we were originally expecting them to look like. Who knows though.....
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    Maybe a joint tour announcement US/EU on Monday?

Tuesday would have been the first date of the EU tour and I really can‘t believe that they let the original dates pass without a word on rescheduled dates or at least a refund option. The casual concert goer, that has a ticket but hasn‘t heard of refund options before the original date might be slightly irritated. At least I know some friends in Frankfurt who are.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    US is gonna be the last place on the planet to be able to host large events like a rock and roll tour. 35% of the population will make sure of that
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,671
    RobZ said:
    One thing is for certain, GA as we once knew it is history....
    That’s been my thought as well. So the question now is, can an arena provide seating for all those who have GA tickets at a given show? And if they can’t, how does the 10club handle that fiasco?  
    Not sure I follow this theory. It doesnt seem like the concerts are going to happen at all until large indoor gatherings are deemed safe. Whether theyre packing people in with reserved seats, or having general admission, I doubt it makes much of a difference. I understand people are crammed tighter in ga, but I really dont think its worth getting rid of. Think about all the shows and venues that never have seats. I wouldnt expect the pj shows to happen until the virus is completely under control.
  • Options
    I wonder if the guy who started this conversation cringes each time he notices that he used "here" rather than "hear." 
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    nope
    danny d
  • Options
    Well, good for you buddy.  It'd bother the hell out of me.  To each his own I suppose.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,375
    JackD. said:

Tuesday would have been the first date of the EU tour and I really can‘t believe that they let the original dates pass without a word on rescheduled dates or at least a refund option. The casual concert goer, that has a ticket but hasn‘t heard of refund options before the original date might be slightly irritated. At least I know some friends in Frankfurt who are.
    New Ohana dates - Sept 24-26, 2021
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,375
    I wonder if the guy who started this conversation cringes each time he notices that he used "here" rather than "hear." 
    No or he would've just edited the title
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    JackD. said:

New Ohana dates - Sept 24-26, 2021
    Yeah. Well. Tomorrow was tour start. But I don‘t have my hopes up anymore.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,297
    So the last concert scheduled is the first rebooked. Announce some plans for the spring tour already.
  • Options
    So the last concert scheduled is the first rebooked. Announce some plans for the spring tour already.
    I was thinking the same thing.  I guess the further into the future a new date is, the more confident they are to announce it.  It also might be a factor that when it comes to Ohana, they are better able to get their ducks in a row, given that it is Ed’s festival.  

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    I think that was because it was a festival, so all the festival did, was cancelled it's 2020 show, and promising to resume at it's 2021 show which they were probably going to do anyways.

Given what's going on with Coronavirus, spring may or may be be optimistic for a return to concerts.

I can see why PJ is waiting it out.   If they planned spring dates, the situation isn't good, then they postpone again (And it sounds like LiveNation is trying to put the burden of cancellations on the bands).

I'm totally contradicting myself, but if it starts look real bad for concerts for 2021, maybe it is time to cancel, take a year or two off, regroup, and start over.

If LiveNation is making artists pay for it, they must think that 2021 has a solid chance at still being a shit show for concerts.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    kst said:
    My guess is they have a couple of different scenarios worked out and are waiting for the virus to resolve before announcing, to avoid having to postpone a second time.
    Makes sense.  No rush other than people would want refunds.  Otherwise, for Europe 2021 they probably will just wait until typical December timeframe. 

they already offered refunds.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    kst said:
    My guess is they have a couple of different scenarios worked out and are waiting for the virus to resolve before announcing, to avoid having to postpone a second time.
    Makes sense.  No rush other than people would want refunds.  Otherwise, for Europe 2021 they probably will just wait until typical December timeframe. 

they already offered refunds.
    No they didn‘t.