Options

wonder when we will here about rescheduled tour dates 2021?

dannydanny Posts: 2,274
its been a while i see other bands/artists have rescheduled for next year as everyone has been in lockdown,hopefully we wont have to wait 7 years for another album 
danny d

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,466
    My guess is they have a couple of different scenarios worked out and are waiting for the virus to resolve before announcing, to avoid having to postpone a second time.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    I'm gonna guess and say late summer 2021. Wish we got some live at the warehouse jams streamed online. Charge us a fee to view. Hook up with Nugs. It would be sweet till we get a chance to see them live in concert again. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    kst said:
    My guess is they have a couple of different scenarios worked out and are waiting for the virus to resolve before announcing, to avoid having to postpone a second time.
    Makes sense.  No rush other than people would want refunds.  Otherwise, for Europe 2021 they probably will just wait until typical December timeframe. 
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    demetrios said:
    I'm gonna guess and say late summer 2021. Wish we got some live at the warehouse jams streamed online. Charge us a fee to view. Hook up with Nugs. It would be sweet till we get a chance to see them live in concert again. 
    Love the idea and now that the shelter in place guidelines are beginning to loosen, the boys really should look into doing something like this. Hell, I think I'd watch plain old band rehearsals at this point! And I'm sure they must be itching to play the new material, so why not do a live stream concert with either all or a portion of the proceeds going to specific charities of their choice?
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 487
    kst said:
    Makes sense.  No rush other than people would want refunds.  Otherwise, for Europe 2021 they probably will just wait until typical December timeframe. 
    I don‘t like the idea. I don‘t even know if I can make it to rescheduled shows or if a want to have a refund. This is too much money for it being stuck in limbo until December.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,866
    Three days before the tour starts.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    who knows but CDC has approved large gatherings with face masks.  Let's get to it already.  The only reasonable reasoning for announcing nothing is they are holding out for 2020 end of year.  Otherwise they should follow the lead of others, cancel, and start over if they can't make an announcement soon.  
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    My guess is they will do Europe 2021 in June/July time. Probably not announced yet due to BST messing them around and having to fit in different UK shows. I imagine the question mark is the March/April US shows and whether they hold them the or later in 2021. Personally I think they will do them in the Autumn time after the Euro tour 
  • Options
    who knows but CDC has approved large gatherings with face masks.  Let's get to it already.  The only reasonable reasoning for announcing nothing is they are holding out for 2020 end of year.  Otherwise they should follow the lead of others, cancel, and start over if they can't make an announcement soon.  
    I am not in favour of cancellations.  It was way too difficult to get tickets to lose them involuntarily.  North American shows were given the refund option for those who wanted.  The European shows should be given that too but they should not cancel outright.  Or if they do, 2020 ticket holders should be given first right of refusal on repurchasing their seats before any other on sales in 2021 or 2022.

I had not heard that CDC news.  Is there a link?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I understand there is a lot of temptation to proceed with business as usual, but the facts don't seem to support that yet. Several states have seen recent spikes in covid-19 activity. The death toll is still climbing. There are still too many questions. People don't seem to want to wear masks, or wear masks properly, or wear masks for the entire duration that they are close to strangers.

I consider music to be holy ground and essential, but I don't think big scale, live concerts should be happening yet. Actually, I don't think any concert should happen when distancing isn't possible. We need a vaccine, efffective treatment, or a remarkable decrease in cases first. 
  • Options
    I guess the question is whether in the new normal - the state of affairs between now and when there’s a vaccine or treatment - there’s a way to modify activities we used to enjoy so that they can still happen with precautions.  

Obviously large gatherings are the hardest of all things to solve for that.  But the variables could be played with.  Size of venue, indoor vs outdoor, assigned seating vs GA, % occupancy, face covering rules, in and out logistics, etc.  

Obviously if a vaccine or treatment is around the corner let’s just wait it out.  But if Covid-19 is permanent and there is never a vaccine or a treatment does that mean there will never be another concert?

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    Very interesting point. From a business standpoint - this must be crushing to have 2020 totally scrapped. New album to promote via biggest tour in years (assuming the fall had stuff planned). Obviously bigger concerns (health) but like millions of others, a huge blow to plans from a job perspective. Wonder if they try to get a little in 2020 then keep the momentum going into 2021. If permitted or course. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I don't know about you, but if we can pack 19k into convention center for a Presidential rally, why can't we have concerts again?? 
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    kst said:
    I am not in favour of cancellations.  It was way too difficult to get tickets to lose them involuntarily.  North American shows were given the refund option for those who wanted.  The European shows should be given that too but they should not cancel outright.  Or if they do, 2020 ticket holders should be given first right of refusal on repurchasing their seats before any other on sales in 2021 or 2022.

I agree, too hard to get tickets, whether through 10C or fan to fan (forget about regular public sales).  I can make my schedule work for whatever the made up dates are going to be, there is more than enough time to plan that. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    kst said:
    I guess the question is whether in the new normal - the state of affairs between now and when there’s a vaccine or treatment - there’s a way to modify activities we used to enjoy so that they can still happen with precautions.  

Obviously large gatherings are the hardest of all things to solve for that.  But the variables could be played with.  Size of venue, indoor vs outdoor, assigned seating vs GA, % occupancy, face covering rules, in and out logistics, etc.  

Obviously if a vaccine or treatment is around the corner let’s just wait it out.  But if Covid-19 is permanent and there is never a vaccine or a treatment does that mean there will never be another concert?
    If it's permanent, I would suggest we learn more about it before diving into live entertainment. We simply don't know enough yet. Herd immunity has not even been established as a realistic option. Even if it is, how many people would die in the process? How many people have pre-existing conditions who don't even know it? It seems like a lot of unknowns. 

I believe in face masks, but I don't necessarily trust people or businesses to enforce the wearing of face coverings. Based on what I've seen recently, people do as they please despite the wishes of the CDC, business owners, other citizens, and healthcare organizations. When Disney Springs reopened, people were bragging that they beat the mask rules by carrying empty Starbucks cups around with them. Many law enforcement agencies, from county sheriffs to state patrol, have gone on record saying that they don't have the time, or interest, or resources to enforce face covering measures. 

I'm all for modification, and having experiences. I just don't know how anyone could expect 20,000 people to all behave. People seem to have trouble keeping their face covering on while waiting 2 minutes for takeout food. Why would people keep masks on during a 3 hour concert? People have trouble following instructions at shows with less restrictions (staying at their seat, not taking pictures at certain events, not smoking in a theatre, etc). Why would people suddenly become rule abiders with more restrictions?

I hope we all get to go to shows soon, and that it is less risky. 

• Options
    I hear you.  People may not be ready to do the mask thing.  I’m just saying we might need to adapt the way we do things if we want to still do them.  

I’ll be first in line to sign up for the vaccine, but there’s no guarantee when that is coming.

• Options
    I just wish they'd announce all the cities they'll be visiting at the same time. I live in Texas, and I don't want to settle for seeing them in Oklahoma City or Albuquerque if they're going to be playing a lot closer to my home six or nine months later. Then maybe on a subsequent leg of the tour I'll notice that they're scheduled to play in Austin, but I realize it's a music festival, which isn't too alluring for many 50-year-old people like myself. It'd be cool if PJ would completely show their "hand" up front, so the fans can pick the shows that are best or most appropriate for them. I'm not saying ... I'm just saying.  
  • Options
    I know they get tired and want to return to Seattle after a 15-gig leg of a tour. However, I get tired after two hours of yard work, but I keep on plugging away until I complete everything after a total of about five hours. If you're going to do it, then DO it. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    edited June 2020
    kst said:

I dont wapo often but it's the first link I found to a news article. I saw the tweet from CDC. If you can gather for riots you can gather for concerts imo. Just leave the decisions to the bands and people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/12/cdc-masks-protests-rallies/#click=https://t.co/zYdsI0szlA
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    kst said:

I dont wapo often but it's the first link I found to a news article. I saw the tweet from CDC. If you can gather for riots you can gather for concerts imo. Just leave the decisions to the bands and people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/12/cdc-masks-protests-rallies/#click=https://t.co/zYdsI0szlA
    Thanks.  I read that not so much as approval but that if you’re going to gather wear the mask.  I don’t think PJ will be the band to pioneer on this type of risk taking.  

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    I would assume, if coronavirus remains a thing, that a fairly sizable portion of the population wouldn't go to shows (myself included).  Scheduling them now, creates the potential for having to postpone again.   Right now bands seem to have 3 options:

1) Cancel
    2) Set a date next year and hope for the best
    3) Indefinite postponement until you get a clearer picture of what's going to happen

Even if people were willing to go to the shows, they'res not guarantee it's going to be legal to hold those shows.  Big concerts are going to be the last that thing that comes back.  I don't think bands are going to want to do a fraciton of their your because the shows are illegal in so many states.

That's my thoughts.   While bands like rage reschedule to a year from now.. many other bands are in no rush to reschedule until it looks like Covid19 is in the rearview.

I don't think any particular method is right or wrong, but I doubt I'd personally go to an arena/stadium sized concert while the beast is loose (and I haven't caught it yet).
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I would assume, if coronavirus remains a thing, that a fairly sizable portion of the population wouldn't go to shows (myself included).  Scheduling them now, creates the potential for having to postpone again.   Right now bands seem to have 3 options:

1) Cancel
    3) Indefinite postponement until you get a clearer picture of what's going to happen

Even if people were willing to go to the shows, they'res not guarantee it's going to be legal to hold those shows.  Big concerts are going to be the last that thing that comes back.  I don't think bands are going to want to do a fraciton of their your because the shows are illegal in so many states.

That's my thoughts.   While bands like rage reschedule to a year from now.. many other bands are in no rush to reschedule until it looks like Covid19 is in the rearview.

I don't think any particular method is right or wrong, but I doubt I'd personally go to an arena/stadium sized concert while the beast is loose (and I haven't caught it yet).
    My only point is: If PJ aims for 3), they should tell us. Totally understandable, but atm everyone wait for an announcement soon. And there is no refund option. If you go route 3) you should offer that.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    edited June 2020
    I just got my Jason Isbell show rescheduled from nov 6th 2020 to nov 5th 2021. 
    Oslo, Norway
    Post edited by Niko80 on
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    I don't know about you, but if we can pack 19k into convention center for a Presidential rally, why can't we have concerts again?? 
    I mean, we shouldn't be packing 19k in a convention center for a presidential rally. 

• Options
    I mean, we shouldn't be packing 19k in a convention center for a presidential rally. 

Agreed, but I’m more than willing to let a bunch of Trump supporters gather so they can be our test case scenario. 😁
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    One thing is for certain, GA as we once knew it is history....
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    RobZ said:
    Certain? You mean no more festivals ever again? Europe is going to seats for their floor tickets?  I am going to say not certain at all. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    JackD. said:
    Zod said:

1) Cancel

My only point is: If PJ aims for 3), they should tell us. Totally understandable, but atm everyone wait for an announcement soon. And there is no refund option. If you go route 3) you should offer that.
    I agree on the first part.  PJ doesn't tend to like to put out news if the news is that they have no news.     I did think there was a refund option.  My buddy got his money back for his mediocre oak1 tickets.  I've even got a refund option showing up for tickets I bought via f2f.    Are there shows right now that you can't get a refund?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    JackD. said:
    Zod said:

1) Cancel

I agree on the first part.  PJ doesn't tend to like to put out news if the news is that they have no news.     I did think there was a refund option.  My buddy got his money back for his mediocre oak1 tickets.  I've even got a refund option showing up for tickets I bought via f2f.    Are there shows right now that you can't get a refund?
    Yes. All European headline shows have no refund option yet. Festivals have individual procedures.
  • Options
    RobZ said:
    That’s been my thought as well. So the question now is, can an arena provide seating for all those who have GA tickets at a given show? And if they can’t, how does the 10club handle that fiasco?